PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet hypothetical

Phobia
01-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Let's imagine that you are hard up for money and you decide to run a scam. Everything else remains the same, you've been a member of ChiefsPlanet for a very long time, you have people you consider friends, people you've met and enjoyed beverages with, etc. Assume that you have the criminal wherewithall to pull off the scam with no remorse.

Scam:
You tell your ChiefsPlanet buddy that you need a loan and you'll pay him back in a week.... except you have no intention of paying him back. Plus, you're essentially trading all that you enjoy about ChiefsPlanet for this hypothetical sum of money.

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 07:08 PM
I am taking notes...

Saulbadguy
01-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Would I do that? No...

Phobia
01-17-2005, 07:09 PM
Would I do that? No...

But, assume that you would.

Saulbadguy
01-17-2005, 07:11 PM
Oh..well, it would probably take a bit more than $10,000. But with that amount of money, i'm assuming the person I borrowed it from would find me and hunt me down.

cdcox
01-17-2005, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I get your point. JOhn sold out his Chiefs Planet experience pretty cheaply.

Cochise
01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
$100. Hey, I'm a cheap date.

|Zach|
01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
If you asked me 10 years late itd prob be different.

FloridaChief
01-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Let's imagine that you are hard up for money and you decide to run a scam. Everything else remains the same, you've been a member of ChiefsPlanet for a very long time, you have people you consider friends, people you've met and enjoyed beverages with, etc. Assume that you have the criminal wherewithall to pull off the scam with no remorse.

Scam:
You tell your ChiefsPlanet buddy that you need a loan and you'll pay him back in a week.... except you have no intention of paying him back. Plus, you're essentially trading all that you enjoy about ChiefsPlanet for this hypothetical sum of money.

Just out of curiosity, how much liquid capital do you have...uh, just laying around?...

Phobia
01-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much liquid capital do you have...uh, just laying around?...

I could probably scrape up $50 or so. $1050 if I can find somebody who wants to buy a rolex.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah, I get your point. JOhn sold out his Chiefs Planet experience pretty cheaply.

Seems like a vindictive poll, doesn't it?

Except he didn't borrow the money from me. He's into me for zero. I saw it coming.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2005, 07:25 PM
$250 or more.

I'm an asshole.

KcMizzou
01-17-2005, 07:25 PM
$250 or more.

I'm an asshole. Watch out.. someone will take up a collection.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Watch out.. someone will take up a collection.

So?

I'd still stay.

KcMizzou
01-17-2005, 07:27 PM
So?

I'd still stay.Yeah.. i figured as much.

Cochise
01-17-2005, 07:28 PM
So?

I'd still stay.

So, by doing that you're no better than the person this thread is about then.

Douche Baggins
01-17-2005, 07:29 PM
So, by doing that you're no better than the person this thread is about then.

I said I was an asshole.

I know I couldn't pull it off though, so I wont.

Bob Dole
01-17-2005, 07:30 PM
Tree fiddy

Cochise
01-17-2005, 07:34 PM
I said I was an asshole.

I know I couldn't pull it off though, so I wont.

Come on, you could probably make it to Houston and find a hooker with $250 or so.

carlos3652
01-17-2005, 07:39 PM
He could probably make it to Mexico if he knew how to swim...

Douche Baggins
01-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Come on, you could probably make it to Houston and find a hooker with $250 or so.

Yeah, so?

digi2fish
01-17-2005, 07:51 PM
how will you send the money to Taiwan, Phob ?

Cannibal
01-17-2005, 07:57 PM

He'd probably use the dough to expand his action figure collection.

Cochise
Yeah, so?

I guess I kind of expected you to have this response to an opportunity of having adult relations with a female.

Douche Baggins
If someone gave me $250 I'd go buy a new video card.

el borracho
01-17-2005, 08:14 PM
I would certainly trade my Chiefsplanet experience for $10,000. But just as certainly I would not scam anyone for the money. Too honest for my own good sometimes.

Boozer
01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I would certainly trade my Chiefsplanet experience for $10,000. But just as certainly I would not scam anyone for the money. Too honest for my own good sometimes.

I see someone has already typed up my post for me. Except, I'd be gone forever for two hundy.

KCWolfman
01-17-2005, 08:52 PM
I'd sell out everyone here for a half-swilled beer and a pack of Lucky Strikes, and I don't even smoke.

Mr. Laz
01-17-2005, 09:00 PM
a portion of the people at Chiefsplanet don't think too highly of me, but i wouldn't sell people out ..... or trade them for money, even if they don't like me much.

you just Don't

stumppy
01-17-2005, 09:07 PM
:cuss:He's on to me.

alanm
01-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Sorry, I went for the big money.:( But it is comforting to know that Mile High can be bought off for $5 or less. :thumb:

OldTownChief
01-17-2005, 09:19 PM
No matter how desperate I ever got. I wouldn't beg for money on an internet BB.

BigRedChief
01-17-2005, 09:29 PM
There isn't enough money in the world. Even for the people that I don't like.

Bwana
01-17-2005, 09:32 PM
There isn't enough money in the world. Even for the people that I don't like.

Likewise, life is to short to be a piece of shit. All a person really has is their name and what they stand for.

alanm
01-17-2005, 09:33 PM
No matter how desperate I ever got. I wouldn't beg for money on an internet BB.I wouldn't ever beg for money either. I took it as what it would take to buy me off and keep me from posting here again.:)

wutamess
01-17-2005, 09:39 PM
If you can't keep your word... you have no honor.
As a man, your word is everything.
Having said that I picked the $5 option.
I'd rather have someone pissed at me over $5 than anything more.

$5 is trivial.

~Couldn't scam a stranger, not to mention a CP member.

OldTownChief
01-17-2005, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't ever beg for money either. I took it as what it would take to buy me off and keep me from posting here again.:)

In that case, I could use a cool ten grand.

PastorMikH
01-17-2005, 09:55 PM
For me it has nothing to do with the money or the Planet. Granted, I ejoy it here, and I could always use the extra $. However, I've got to get up and look at myself in the mirror, I have to live with myself. My conscience wouldn't allow me to knowingly put together a scam like that.

Shoot, outside of borrowing some cash for a cup of coffee, then paying it back on the next trip around, I can't remember ever asking to borrow money from a friend. And I can count the times on one hand that I've asked family for $.

KcMizzou
01-17-2005, 09:57 PM
Shoot, outside of borrowing some cash for a cup of coffee, then paying it back on the next trip around, I can't remember ever asking to borrow money from a friend. And I can count the times on one hand that I've asked family for $. Heh.. my problem is.. none of my family has any more money than I do. It'd be kinda pointless.

Demonpenz
01-17-2005, 10:01 PM
when i get drunk which is ususally every day, and the employees at walmart have to throw me out, the only people i can suito talk to is this bulliton board. You can't put a price on that

Iowanian
01-17-2005, 10:23 PM
My Word and Pride are more valuable.

I can always piss the planet into the wind, but I'll keep my pride and the value of my word, thank you.

ENDelt260
01-17-2005, 11:04 PM
Seven figures.

Ari Chi3fs
01-17-2005, 11:14 PM
$5

I dont value you all that much.

ExtremeChief
01-18-2005, 05:33 AM
Couldn't do it. I'll just continue to make my living scamming those dumbasses on the Donkeys board.

Rain Man
01-18-2005, 08:22 AM
Okay, phobia, okay! I'll send you the two dollars in parking money! I just didn't have it on me at the time, and I really did forget to pay you back! Sheesh.

Iowanian
01-18-2005, 08:23 AM
$250 or more.

I'm an asshole.

Your price was already set. You sold out your word by not paying your lost wager Debt to 37forever. your price was $50.

Brock
01-18-2005, 08:57 AM
My goodness, this is pathetic. I actually sent that beady eyed bastard some money for Christmas a year ago. Joke's on me.

Douche Baggins
01-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Your price was already set. You sold out your word by not paying your lost wager Debt to 37forever. your price was $50.

Sod off.

Rain Man
01-18-2005, 09:14 AM
So let me make sure I understand. If I write a check for $25, I can get rid of ali chi3fs, KC Jones, Mile High Mania, RedneckRaider, AND wutamess? All five for $25?

KC Jones
01-18-2005, 09:17 AM

I must have missed something. Too bad - he seemed like a pretty good guy.

I picked $5 for a lark, but the truth is I wouldn't have it in me to scam/steal from anyone. Now tying squirrel tails together on the other hand... :evil:

Rain Man
01-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey! You already said $5! No welshing on a deal.

Or actually, if I give you the $5 maybe that means you can. What a conundrum.

Is this a technicality? Can you con someone out of the $5 and then your con is not leaving?

alpha_omega
01-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Guess i'll say $1000.

If I spent more time here...that number would probably be higher.

Iowanian
01-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Sod off.
Did you, or did you not pay $50 to the charity mentioned above after losing a wager to iowanian?

Its about the same thing in my book. Don't worry meatpeeker, i paid it for you.

Bowser
01-18-2005, 09:47 AM
100 grand. I'm greedy.

But the downside is that anybody around here that can afford to loan me 100 large can also probablly afford to make sure I'm Jimmy Hoffa's new next door neighbor as well, when the payment date comes and goes five times over.

But in the end, I have too much of a guilty consciense to try anything like that. No, really!

But, I have heard that Phobia can be bought off for a six pack of 1554. :hmmm:

Lzen
01-18-2005, 10:49 AM
I must have missed something. Too bad - he seemed like a pretty good guy.

I must have missed it, too. Can someone fill us in?

Phobia
01-18-2005, 11:13 AM
I must have missed it, too. Can someone fill us in?

Prepare to be disappointed. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108545

Phobia
01-18-2005, 11:14 AM
My goodness, this is pathetic. I actually sent that beady eyed bastard some money for Christmas a year ago. Joke's on me.

Shit. Now my image of you is ruined forever.

Lzen
01-18-2005, 11:46 AM
Prepare to be disappointed. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=108545

Eh, that links to a thread with a link back to this thread. I must be kinda slow. Well, that and I need details. So, I take it that JOhn asked you for a loan and never intended to pay you back?

Lzen
01-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Oh, nevermind. I'm now on the second page of that thread. More details. What a loser. :shake:

Hoover
01-18-2005, 11:57 AM
I'd do it for $500 nothing less.

Hoover
01-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Christmas 2003 Incident

I have felt bad about this for sometime. I know a bunch of Planet members were helping JOhn out because of hard times. I had pledged to help out. I was going to send some Walmart gift cards or something. I just had a bad feeling and never did it. I felt really bad, I felt like I let him down. Now I'm glad I didn't follow through. Its really sad.

Now on the positive side, I remeber the Planet coming together and helping a member who's wife was sick, I gave a little money via paypal. I think we really did help those folks, and it was nice to get a thank you note in the mail.

The thing I love about this place is the since of community that is here. There are some I fight with, so I dislike, but most I really enjoy. Eveyone that I have met in real like has been just a great person.

While my Dad has had his problems over the past year, this has been the place I could come to to get away, to talk about it, or to even laugh about it.

It is important for me that this plays continues to be a community.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Now on the positive side, I remeber the Planet coming together and helping a member who's wife was sick, I gave a little money via paypal. I think we really did help those folks, and it was nice to get a thank you note in the mail.

There's no question we helped. That was a major positive. Not to mention all the good 37 Forever has done. I think I'm going to post an open invitation for a Planet gathering down at one of our swimming lesson sessions this summer. Would anybody be interested in coming down to see our kids learning to swim?

Hoover
01-18-2005, 12:45 PM
There's no question we helped. That was a major positive. Not to mention all the good 37 Forever has done. I think I'm going to post an open invitation for a Planet gathering down at one of our swimming lesson sessions this summer. Would anybody be interested in coming down to see our kids learning to swim?
I think its important to see that the money you contribute is doing good. Its always a good time to ask them to give again as well.

Speaking of Giving, with a new year maybe we should have a fundraising drive to rasie money for the planet opperating costs.

go bowe
01-18-2005, 12:49 PM
There's no question we helped. That was a major positive. Not to mention all the good 37 Forever has done. I think I'm going to post an open invitation for a Planet gathering down at one of our swimming lesson sessions this summer. Would anybody be interested in coming down to see our kids learning to swim?sure...

go bowe
01-18-2005, 12:51 PM
I think its important to see that the money you contribute is doing good. Its always a good time to ask them to give again as well.

Speaking of Giving, with a new year maybe we should have a fundraising drive to rasie money for the planet opperating costs.i'll put my two cents in...

oh wait...

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:52 PM
Speaking of Giving, with a new year maybe we should have a fundraising drive to rasie money for the planet opperating costs.

I think a fundraiser for ChiefsPlanet will wait until Kyle communicates his goals for this year. I haven't spoken to him for nearly 6 months so I don't know what's going on.

DanT
01-18-2005, 01:09 PM
when i get drunk which is ususally every day, and the employees at walmart have to throw me out, the only people i can suito talk to is this bulliton board. You can't put a price on that

ROFL :BLVD:

Iowanian
01-18-2005, 01:32 PM
I think a fundraiser for ChiefsPlanet will wait until Kyle communicates his goals for this year. I haven't spoken to him for nearly 6 months so I don't know what's going on.

I'm not interested in doing anything more planetwise, financially, until some of the stuff the last round was supposed to do, is done. The Planet has gotten the shaft since "the expansion". I'm thankful to have the place, and don't want to come off as unappreciative, but I wish kyle would let one of the other guru's "work" on stuff if he's not going to.

I know the planet is a "charitable entity" as a group. The 37forever successes alone is tribute to that.

that said.......I still anxiously await the return of kchienz to discuss his comments regarding the planet and posters having "done nothing but be dorks on the internet". I'm going to make a rug out of his cyberhide

Calcountry
01-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Seems like a vindictive poll, doesn't it?

Except he didn't borrow the money from me. He's into me for zero. I saw it coming.
It all depends on how many Planet members he was able to get to?

Was it just you, or did he scam a half a dozen members with the same pitch?

Calcountry
01-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Likewise, life is to short to be a piece of shit. All a person really has is their name and what they stand for.
Right on.

Calcountry
01-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Right on.

In fact, I didn't even vote, because I wouldn't do it for any amount listed, period.

You all don't have to believe me if you dont' want to.

go bowe
01-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Right on.

In fact, I didn't even vote, because I wouldn't do it for any amount listed, period.

You all don't have to believe me if you dont' want to.oh, we believe that you didn't vote, all right... :) :) :)

BigRedChief
01-18-2005, 03:07 PM
I'm not interested in doing anything more planetwise, financially, until some of the stuff the last round was supposed to do, is done. The Planet has gotten the shaft since "the expansion". I'm thankful to have the place, and don't want to come off as unappreciative, but I wish kyle would let one of the other guru's "work" on stuff if he's not going to.

I know the planet is a "charitable entity" as a group. The 37forever successes alone is tribute to that.

that said.......I still anxiously await the return of kchienz to discuss his comments regarding the planet and posters having "done nothing but be dorks on the internet". I'm going to make a rug out of his cyberhide

I have volunteered my I.T. skills to help out in the past and the offer is still good.:thumb:

bogie
01-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Obviously most or all of us would never do it! That wasn't an option though, Phobia said "assume that you would" I said 10k because I "assumed" I would be in a desperate state that 10k could solve. 10k would be the least amount I would risk it for.

Skip Towne
01-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Watch out.. someone will take up a collection.
I'm in.

Skip Towne
01-18-2005, 03:34 PM
After reading these posts I wonder how much money JOhn actually scammed out of the Planet. It sounds like it approaches felony levels.

Calcountry
01-18-2005, 03:38 PM
Obviously most or all of us would never do it! That wasn't an option though, Phobia said "assume that you would" I said 10k because I "assumed" I would be in a desperate state that 10k could solve. 10k would be the least amount I would risk it for.
I take this kind of chit seriously enough to not assume that, because I can't.

Calcountry
01-18-2005, 03:39 PM
I take this kind of chit seriously enough to not assume that, because I can't.
BTW, you should all now loan me some money. :p

Calcountry
01-18-2005, 03:41 PM
After reading these posts I wonder how much money JOhn actually scammed out of the Planet. It sounds like it approaches felony levels.
Do any of you know his real identity?

Address, name, etc?

If it is a sum less than criminal, you can proceed against him in a small claims court.

If it adds up to a felony scam, then he should be reported, if for no other reason than to stop him from mining another BB.

Then again, he could just be a broke dick and is just trying to "get high with a little help from his friends, get by with a little help, gonna try with a little help. etc."

Rain Man
01-18-2005, 07:51 PM
I think I'm on to an idea here. How many BBs are there on the Internet? If I could get a few hundred bucks out of each one...

Otter
01-18-2005, 07:58 PM
You're either in my $5 dollar range or not at all.

Shit like that comes back to haunt you no matter how distanced you think you are. Although, 100G can buy a lot of...

:hmmm:

Naw, if 100G is involved you're going to be hunted down. I'll stick with $5 or no way.