PDA

View Full Version : A good, cheap, romantic restaurant in Vegas?

chris
01-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Looking for a great restaurant in Vegas

1st Date situation.

Like to make a good impression but not spend a fortune.

No strips clubs. ROFL

If you recommend a buffet, what makes it special from the others?

thanks

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:20 PM
again? You're a player. Heh.

I've not been to Vegas in a long time. Let me see if they have any of my favorite franchises.

Ari Chi3fs
01-17-2005, 11:21 PM
There is this place called FOxy's Firehouse.

I recommend it.

www.oldvegaschips.com/foxysfirehouse.htm

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:27 PM
Yup. Hit.

P.F. Changs
4165 S. Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone:
(702) 792-2207

Trendy, cheap, good drinks, ambience, quality food, expansive menu for all tastes and diets

I recommend their lettuce wraps for an appetizer, any chow mein, kung pao scallops (or any kung pao dish), and their brown rice. Their brown rice will be an eye opener if you haven't had brown rice in the past. It's SO, SO much healthier, too. You can't hardly go wrong with this place but I haven't sampled their entire menu. I usually stick with my standby when I go. I understand their beef is slightly disappointing.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Here's another one you can't go wrong on:

The positive is that their menu is so versatile that ANYBODY can find something they're happy with.... ANYBODY, it matters not how particular they may be.

Cheesecake Factory
LAS VEGAS
3500 South Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109
(702) 792-6888

I've had everything except for pizza there. I recommend it all. You cannot go wrong. This is your safe choice, especially if your date is picky.

However, you can visit these 2 restaurants in nearly any major city in the US. That's the caviat to taking her. If she's from a smaller town, they'll be special. But, if I were going to Vegas, I wouldn't take my wife. We can go to these places any time we wish.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I feel like I'm dating this broad already. Do you mind sloppy seconds, Chris?

Miles
01-17-2005, 11:47 PM
P.F. Changs is good stuff.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:51 PM
P.F. Changs is good stuff.

Yeah. Both these places generally have healthy waits. It may vary in Vegas, though. Hell, they probably have slots. Heh.

But, since their respective bars are expansive, you can order decent drinks to tide you over.

Your date will be impressed with either place and it won't damage your bank account severely.

I'll concede to anybody who has been to Vegas in the past decade, though.

Miles
01-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Yeah. Both these places generally have healthy waits. It may vary in Vegas, though. Hell, they probably have slots. Heh.

But, since their respective bars are expansive, you can order decent drinks to tide you over.

Your date will be impressed with either place and it won't damage your bank account severely.

I'll concede to anybody who has been to Vegas in the past decade, though.

Yeah i know the one in Houston can have some brutal waits if you try and go at peak time. But like you said they have a nice bar and its a cool place to hang out.

I could really go for some general changs chicken right now. Havent had good asian food in months.

Phobia
01-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Yeah i know the one in Houston can have some brutal waits if you try and go at peak time. But like you said they have a nice bar and its a cool place to hang out.

I could really go for some general changs chicken right now. Havent had good asian food in months.

Which one did you go to in Houston?

Don't say the Westheimer location. There's 2 on Westheimer. Inside or outside the loop?

Chris, print the thread and call to see if they'll take reservations. Some do and some don't. I think PF Changs will, but Cheesecake factory won't.

chris
01-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Yup. Hit.

P.F. Changs
4165 S. Paradise Road
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone:
(702) 792-2207

Trendy, cheap, good drinks, ambience, quality food, expansive menu for all tastes and diets

I recommend their lettuce wraps for an appetizer, any chow mein, kung pao scallops (or any kung pao dish), and their brown rice. Their brown rice will be an eye opener if you haven't had brown rice in the past. It's SO, SO much healthier, too. You can't hardly go wrong with this place but I haven't sampled their entire menu. I usually stick with my standby when I go. I understand their beef is slightly disappointing.

EXCELLENT suggestion!! I love that place.

Miles
01-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Which one did you go to in Houston?

Don't say the Westheimer location. There's 2 on Westheimer. Inside or outside the loop?

Chris, print the thread and call to see if they'll take reservations. Some do and some don't. I think PF Changs will, but Cheesecake factory won't.

It was the one by the Galleria that I went to that was so busy. They also opened one up in the Woodlands mall as well and it gets huge lunch crowds.

Did they open up any Pei Wei's while you were still in TX? Not quite as good of food as PF Changs but cheaper and you order up front (no tip).

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Yeah, that's inside the loop. You're right, that's the busiest shit I've ever seen. One night we waited 2.5 hours for a table. I told Brynn Marie that would NEVER happen again.

I'm not familiar with Pei Wei. You really can't get much cheaper than PF Changs. Really, that's about as cheap as you can expect to eat at an upscale, full service restaurant.

|Zach|
01-18-2005, 12:11 AM
I know PF Chang's is fantastic on the Plaza. I am sure they do a good job from location to location...

Miles
01-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Yeah, that's inside the loop. You're right, that's the busiest shit I've ever seen. One night we waited 2.5 hours for a table. I told Brynn Marie that would NEVER happen again.

I'm not familiar with Pei Wei. You really can't get much cheaper than PF Changs. Really, that's about as cheap as you can expect to eat at an upscale, full service restaurant.

The only time i went to the galleria one I didnt stay because the wait was too long.

Pei Wei is owned by the same company. The food is pretty similar but its not a full service resturant. It the order up front and they bring it out to you place. Great place to go for lunch under $10.

Demonpenz
i hear their #13's are the best around!

Phobia
cool, I'll have to check out Pei Wei.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Ooops, they're not north of Oklahoma nor east of Colorado/Texas.

ENDelt260
01-18-2005, 12:22 AM
One night we waited 2.5 hours for a table. I told Brynn Marie that would NEVER happen again.

That would never happen once with me.

Pei Wei isn't a full service restaurant.

I could be mistaken, but I've always been under the impression it was owned by the same company as PF Chang's.

ENDelt260
01-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Pei Wei is owned by the same company. The food is pretty similar but its not a full service resturant. It the order up front and they bring it out to you place. Great place to go for lunch under $10.

I should focus on either watching TV or reading a thread, apparently.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:25 AM
That would never happen once with me.

The woman wanted P.F. Changs. At the time, it was the only one in town. We were not want for attention nor beverages, so it didn't really seem like 2.5 until I peered at my watch. Believe it or not, there were people waiting LONGER.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:26 AM
I should focus on either watching TV or reading a thread, apparently.

No, just continue being a dipshit. We accept you for who you are.

ENDelt260
01-18-2005, 12:27 AM
No, just continue being a dipshit. We accept you for who you are.
Awww, how sweet.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Awww, how sweet.

I miss you already, pussy. When are you coming back to KC?

ENDelt260
01-18-2005, 12:38 AM
I miss you already, pussy. When are you coming back to KC?
I suspect the next time I'd be in KC would be next year's 37 Forever weekend. Barring anything unforeseen between now and then.

I'll be in Missouri in March, but in Rolla.

|Zach|
01-18-2005, 12:39 AM
I suspect the next time I'd be in KC would be next year's 37 Forever weekend. Barring anything unforeseen between now and then.

Recent happenings have put a questionable status on my trip to Rolla for that. :(

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:40 AM

Hell - if I weren't ancient.... and, uh - married, I'd consider coming over/down for that. Hell, I might consider it anyway.

Count Zarth
01-18-2005, 12:42 AM
March madness?

ENDelt260
Recent happenings have put a questionable status on my trip to Rolla for that. :(
Understood. The invitation is always open.

Phobia
March madness?

Shut up. You're not invited.

Ari Chi3fs
01-18-2005, 12:43 AM
March madness?

yeah... St. Pattys Day Madness.

ENDelt260
01-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Hell - if I weren't ancient.... and, uh - married, I'd consider coming over/down for that. Hell, I might consider it anyway.
Don't let being ancient stand in your way. There will be guys there older than you acting sillier. Seriously.

In fact, you should gather video evidence... show your family you're not the oldest guy acting like a three year old in the country.

Count Zarth
01-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Shut up. You're not invited.

I don't want to be. College basketball is teh ghey anyway.

I think I'll show up next year at the 37 Forever event though. And most definitely at the two Texas Chiefs games. Ample opportunity to do those ten shots.

Vegas_Dave
01-18-2005, 12:47 AM
Looking for a great restaurant in Vegas

1st Date situation.

Like to make a good impression but not spend a fortune.

No strips clubs. ROFL

If you recommend a buffet, what makes it special from the others?

thanks

take it from, a born and raised Las Vegas Chief....

Anna Bella's.

THE BEST Italian restaraunt in Las Vegas. It is a small, comfortable, family run restaraunt that is out of this world. You will usually be greeted and seated by the husband and served by the wife who run the business together.

They are the most charming people with the most wonderful service.

Tip: Do not even consider the menu until you hear the specials.

Call them, I dont have a number handy but Directory Assistance will. They recently upgraded their location and moved out to Green Valley area of town. sometimes, they do close to the public for private parties.

And if you are lucky, you will run into Danny Glover there (Lethal Weapon) as he frequents the place when he is in town.

you will probably drop about $30 per person when all is said and done but thats nothing for good food... plus the servings are absolutely huge so you WILL have leftovers.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Disregard everything I posted. Listen to Dave.

chris
01-18-2005, 07:51 AM
take it from, a born and raised Las Vegas Chief....

Anna Bella's.

THE BEST Italian restaraunt in Las Vegas. It is a small, comfortable, family run restaraunt that is out of this world. You will usually be greeted and seated by the husband and served by the wife who run the business together.

They are the most charming people with the most wonderful service.

Tip: Do not even consider the menu until you hear the specials.

Call them, I dont have a number handy but Directory Assistance will. They recently upgraded their location and moved out to Green Valley area of town. sometimes, they do close to the public for private parties.

And if you are lucky, you will run into Danny Glover there (Lethal Weapon) as he frequents the place when he is in town.

you will probably drop about $30 per person when all is said and done but thats nothing for good food... plus the servings are absolutely huge so you WILL have leftovers.

Thanks!!