PDA

View Full Version : Don't crap out now, Bitches.

Pages : 1 [2]

OldTownChief
01-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Eh, I don't have to be at work for another seven hours.

But, I guess I'll have to stop at the liquor store on the way home tomorrow, to.

Hey, Phil, what beer should I pick up?

When you hit 40 and have to be at work in seven hours, you will be sleeping.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:13 AM
When you hit 40 and have to be at work in seven hours, you will be sleeping.
I should be sleeping now... but, if I leave just one beer in the fridge, it will serve to only piss me off. So, I might as well finish it.

Miles
01-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Really? I had no idea. When I go to someone's house for a dinner or something, I generally try to grab something in the 20-25 dollar range assuming it'll be the "Budweiser of wine"... something that shows a nice gesture, but not much else. I don't know enough about wine to do much more.

Nah usually something that is $20-25 is something only some of the more harcore wine drinkers only will notice. Wine is one of those things that diminishing returns sets in pretty heavily. Most of the stuff around 10-20 can be damn good if you pick it right. Its not like a bottle of single malt where the expensive shit is much better.

OldTownChief
01-19-2005, 01:18 AM
I should be sleeping now... but, if I leave just one beer in the fridge, it will serve to only piss me off. So, I might as well finish it.

But that one lone beer serves as great motivation to get more as fast a possible. Sunday morning lone beers really suck tho.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:20 AM
Hey, Phil, what beer should I pick up?

Dude. I'm glad you asked. La Fin Du Monde

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/1094.jpg

Miles
01-19-2005, 01:21 AM
They sell that stuff everywhere? 9% is some stout shit.

OldTownChief
01-19-2005, 01:22 AM

A beer with a cork? WoW

Miles
01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
A beer with a cork? WoW

Didnt notice that. And a pint and a half size as well.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:23 AM
They sell that stuff everywhere? 9% is some stout shit.

Not everywhere, but I've found it at most trendy liquor stores. It's a french canadian brew. Incredibly tasty stuff that will knock you loopy pretty quick. Discovered it at a bar in downtown Fort Worth 4 or 5 years ago.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:26 AM
FWIW, it translates to "The End of the World". Heh.

Miles
01-19-2005, 01:26 AM
Not everywhere, but I've found it at most trendy liquor stores. It's a french canadian brew. Incredibly tasty stuff that will knock you loopy pretty quick. Discovered it at a bar in downtown Fort Worth 4 or 5 years ago.

Cool I'll look for it here. Most of my beer stores suck though. Which bar in ft worth? Flying Saucer maybe?

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:27 AM

A 750 mL bottle of beer?

I'm so used to 12 oz bottles. I guess I could give it a shot... if the liquor store has it.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Cool I'll look for it here. Most of my beer stores suck though. Which bar in ft worth? Flying Saucer maybe?

Actually, no. Though that would be the logical choice. I spent a shitload of time in there. They might have it.

I don't recall the name of the place I got turned onto this stuff. Though, I believe it was across the street from Texas de Brazil. More of a nightclub type place rather than a pub. It had three different stories.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:29 AM
I don't know if I'd consider this liquor store "trendy". I consider it nice... with a wine dept that you don't find in most liquor stores. It's not in a part of town that would cater to yuppies or anything.

But, they might have that. I'll look tomorrow.

Ari Chi3fs
01-19-2005, 01:36 AM
i just won 203,000 on pokerroom, play money room... then i lost it. Im pathetic and miserable. I feel like SDchiefsfan must feel like 82% of the time. :(

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:37 AM
It doesn't come in a 6 pack. You'll need to search the individual bottle section. I'm trying to come up with something else you might like....

I kinda like Blue Moon's wheat brew and they'll probably have that available considering your proximity to Denver. That finishes incredibly well, especially for a Coors affiliated product. You can rarely go wrong with Siera Nevada Pale and that's available everywhere. New Castle Brown Ale is incredibly popular with people who are expanding from their domestic beer rut. I used to love it until I ran across a bottle that had been skunked. That's the problem with those clear bottles.

OldTownChief
01-19-2005, 01:37 AM
I don't know if I'd consider this liquor store "trendy". I consider it nice... with a wine dept that you don't find in most liquor stores. It's not in a part of town that would cater to yuppies or anything.

But, they might have that. I'll look tomorrow.

We only have two liquor stores here in Agusta and there is no way in hell the'll have that beer. I had to go to the locked freezer with armed guards just to get the BLVD.

|Zach|
01-19-2005, 01:41 AM
i just won 203,000 on pokerroom, play money room... then i lost it. Im pathetic and miserable. I feel like SDchiefsfan must feel like 82% of the time. :(
heh, I feel ya, its been a rough day.

Although after reading some threads I dont feel to bad anymore. Perspective.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:43 AM
We only have two liquor stores here in Agusta and there is no way in hell the'll have that beer. I had to go to the locked freezer with armed guards just to get the BLVD.

Wow - this website also publishes distribution info.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Distribution.asp?BeerID=1094

If you like the La Fin Du Monde, you'll also like Trois Pistoles made by the same brewery:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/full_size/1926.jpg

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:44 AM
It doesn't come in a 6 pack. You'll need to search the individual bottle section. I'm trying to come up with something else you might like....

I kinda like Blue Moon's wheat brew and they'll probably have that available considering your proximity to Denver. That finishes incredibly well, especially for a Coors affiliated product. You can rarely go wrong with Siera Nevada Pale and that's available everywhere. New Castle Brown Ale is incredibly popular with people who are expanding from their domestic beer rut. I used to love it until I ran across a bottle that had been skunked. That's the problem with those clear bottles.
Yeah, they've got the single bottle beers in the same general section with the other "fancy" beers. The ones that move better (I assume) are in the cooler. I'm not just now expanding from the domestic "macro brews" I just like to have the more esoteric stuff every now and again. I'm just as likely to grab a twelver of Schlitz next weekend. I'm weird that way. I was hoping they'd have the Shiner winter brew there... when I got the hair up my ass late in the day to pick up something different, I searched online for winter brews and it sounded tasty... but, alas, no luck.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Yeah, they've got the single bottle beers in the same general section with the other "fancy" beers. The ones that move better (I assume) are in the cooler. I'm not just now expanding from the domestic "macro brews" I just like to have the more esoteric stuff every now and again. I'm just as likely to grab a twelver of Schlitz next weekend. I'm weird that way. I was hoping they'd have the Shiner winter brew there... when I got the hair up my ass late in the day to pick up something different, I searched online for winter brews and it sounded tasty... but, alas, no luck.

Sierra Nevada makes a winter ale. I do not recommend it.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Maybe I should take my digital camera to the liquor store... you could suggest beers based on what you know they have.

Any excuse to play with my new toy.

Ari Chi3fs
01-19-2005, 01:47 AM
heh, I feel ya, its been a rough day.

Although after reading some threads I dont feel to bad anymore. Perspective.

yeah no kidding, 2 or 3 prayer requests in one day. plus the shittiness of my money not getting into my stock acct... then adding on losing 203,ooo fake dollars. Jeesh. Then I see pictures for END OF THE WORLD beer.... man.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Noted.

OldTownChief
01-19-2005, 01:49 AM
baby steps

Miles
01-19-2005, 01:51 AM

Still It pisses me off that i cant get Sierra Nevada in the stores around here. There Porter and Stouts are damn good.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 02:01 AM
Also, Arrogant Bastard Ale is a bit of a novelty item, but it is a very good Ale. Same story, you'll find it in the singles area.

Ari Chi3fs
01-19-2005, 02:08 AM
when i was in Carolina, there was this beer, Carolina Blue... unreal. I think it was only on tap though... great beer.

that is my 2

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Also, Arrogant Bastard Ale is a bit of a novelty item, but it is a very good Ale. Same story, you'll find it in the singles area.
I've had that before. There used to be a bar in Tempe called the Timber Wolf that had over 100 beers on tap. Arrogant Bastard was one of them.

go bowe
01-19-2005, 01:54 PM
yeah no kidding, 2 or 3 prayer requests in one day. plus the shittiness of my money not getting into my stock acct... then adding on losing 203,ooo fake dollars. Jeesh. Then I see pictures for END OF THE WORLD beer.... man.it must be a sign...

Rausch
01-19-2005, 01:57 PM
I've had that before. There used to be a bar in Tempe called the Timber Wolf that had over 100 beers on tap. Arrogant Bastard was one of them.

I got a taste of that from Phil at B5 one time and thought it was pretty good. Bought one later when I was in Vegas and damned near spit it out at the bartender.

I guess it's like any other beer and depends on how fresh it is, but when it goes bad it's some nasty ****ing stuff...

Mr. Kotter
01-19-2005, 01:57 PM
...Granted it won't be as crazy as Rob after eating rat shit... but, I'm bound to misspell a word or two.

I finally found the thread I had my wife post. In retrospect, I wish you guys had deleted it too....and I could have just left it at, "I was temporarily insane" or somethin'. :shake:

No wonder you guys are treatin' me like a leper.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 07:16 PM

Holy shit, that stuff ain't cheap. Three bottles ran me twenty bucks.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 07:20 PM
Holy shit, that stuff ain't cheap. Three bottles ran me twenty bucks.

That's too much. I've paid $4 before and maybe even 6 at the bar. Jeez. 3 bottles will knock you loopy, though.

Phobia
01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
I finally found the thread I had my wife post. In retrospect, I wish you guys had deleted it too....and I could have just left it at, "I was temporarily insane" or somethin'. :shake:

No wonder you guys are treatin' me like a leper.

Dude, stop talking about it. You didn't annoy me all along, but now with you whining about it on every thread, I'm getting there. Let it die and you'll recover. Keep reminding everybody and well.... I dunno.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
That's too much. I've paid $4 before and maybe even 6 at the bar. Jeez. 3 bottles will knock you loopy, though.
Well, I suppose next time I decide to follow one of your recommendations, I'll ask about how much it should cost so I'll know if the liquor store is bending me over.

|Zach|
01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Keep reminding everybody and well.... I dunno.
Thank you.

Skip Towne
01-19-2005, 07:28 PM
Dude, stop talking about it. You didn't annoy me all along, but now with you whining about it on every thread, I'm getting there. Let it die and you'll recover. Keep reminding everybody and well.... I dunno.
B&?

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 07:31 PM
B&?
That would take like two hours of work.

ENDelt260
01-19-2005, 07:56 PM
Man... that contents under pressure warning ain't no joke.

Ari Chi3fs
01-19-2005, 11:06 PM
how those beers treating you?

Demonpenz
01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
man i had my bryan adams playing and everything and i still missed the party