PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and positive thoughts welcomed.......

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 07:41 AM
OK, I have kept this from the planet for awhile......... I don't think there is anything to be alarmed about, but ya never know.

For the last 2 months, I have been having alot of pain from my multiple problems in the old body. ( Back, knee, feet, etc.) They have changed my medicenes from time to time, but the last 2 months I have been having sweating problems anytime I get up and just walk around.

I'm thinking it is just the pain and lack of proper medicene, the doc's think otherwise.....

I'll be at the doc's all day for heart testing, blood work, etc.. They are going to give me multiple test to see if all is OK, even some kind of radioactive test that just makes me wanna get up and dance :rolleyes: .. I expect all will be OK.

I haven't had any chest pains, but ya know how doc's are. They are concerned about just simple walking, sometimes I break out in a fever just sitting...... Could be something else too ?

Not sure when the results will be in, will advise when we know more.

Dr. Facebook Fever
01-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Sounds like it's nothing to mess with. Take care of yourself.

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Last week the doc asked if I would do a stress test ? I asked him if he had something against the machine he uses ? He laughed and said, is it that bad ? I told him he might have finally found the right one to blow it up when he attaches it to me.

siberian khatru
01-18-2005, 08:08 AM
The check is in the mail. So is the Compaq computer.

Seriously, hope everything goes well, Roy.

Mr. Kotter
01-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Best wishes, dude. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully, you just ingested mouse crap or something like that :) . They'll probably believe you here though, because you didn't make stupid/drunk threads before you told us about it..... :shake:

God Bless, man. :thumb:

memyselfI
01-18-2005, 08:09 AM
OK, I have kept this from the planet for awhile......... I don't think there is anything to be alarmed about, but ya never know.

For the last 2 months, I have been having alot of pain from my multiple problems in the old body. ( Back, knee, feet, etc.) They have changed my medicenes from time to time, but the last 2 months I have been having sweating problems anytime I get up and just walk around.

I'm thinking it is just the pain and lack of proper medicene, the doc's think otherwise.....

I'll be at the doc's all day for heart testing, blood work, etc.. They are going to give me multiple test to see if all is OK, even some kind of radioactive test that just makes me wanna get up and dance :rolleyes: .. I expect all will be OK.

I haven't had any chest pains, but ya know how doc's are. They are concerned about just simple walking, sometimes I break out in a fever just sitting...... Could be something else too ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't your wife been sick too?

I'm sending good vibes your way.

Saulbadguy
01-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Could be walking pnemonia (sp?)..? Good luck Roy. I hope everything turns out well.

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't your wife been sick too?

I'm sending good vibes your way.

Thanks.

Yep, she has a terminal illness that everytime she catches a cold or virus it keeps us on pins and needles. Which currently she is fighting
a cold. :cuss:

Count Zarth
01-18-2005, 08:16 AM
How much exercise do you get?

memyselfI
01-18-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks.

Yep, she has a terminal illness that everytime she catches a cold or virus it keeps us on pins and needles. Which currently she is fighting
a cold. :cuss:

That is what I remembered...

you have certainly had more than your share. I hope your health and your wife's improves and soon!!!!

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 08:17 AM
Could be walking pnemonia (sp?)..? Good luck Roy. I hope everything turns out well.

I had a pulmonary test last week and a EKG, haven't heard of anything bad yet.

Today they have about 5 different test they want to do. :rolleyes:

I guess they think I have money, I told them I don't and they scheduled me for them anyways ? What's up with that ? :D

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 08:18 AM
How much exercise do you get?

Not enough, with the bad knee and a degenrative disk, I'm limited.

Without a doubt, I'm overweight, losing 50 pounds would help alot, 80 pounds would be great.

bricks
01-18-2005, 08:19 AM
Good luck to you Royc75. Hope all goes well :thumb:

bkkcoh
01-18-2005, 08:21 AM
Good luck. :thumb:

journeyscarab
01-18-2005, 08:30 AM
Could it be anxiety?

Usually anxiety shows up with shortness of breath, sweating, feverish for no apparant reason. EKG is normal, cholesterol is good, etc.

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. Keep us posted.

Manila-Chief
01-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Prayed for you and your wife! Keep us informed so we can know how to pray.

I hope the results you get back is just your weight problem. Sure hope things turn out well for you. May God give you and your family the strength that you'll need!!!

Bowser
01-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Will be thinking good thoughts for you. Good luck.

Ari Chi3fs
01-18-2005, 10:12 AM
God Bless you Roscoe P Coltrane... I have always been a fan of your work... get healthy.

Phobia
01-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Good luck, Roy. You gotta take care of more than just the wife these days. Clearly, that young man needs your guidance for a while longer, too. You can't neglect yourself.

|Zach|
01-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Best of luck...

Skip Towne
01-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Best wishes to you Roy. we need to keep all of the :KU: fans healthy to fight the hated MUrons.

go bowe
01-18-2005, 10:36 AM
hang in there, youngster... :toast:

ChiefsFanatik88
01-18-2005, 10:52 AM
Good Luck.

bogie
01-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Good Luck to you! I know it's easier said than done, but, lose that extra weight too. You and Roy Jr. should make a contest out of it the winner gets a Rich Scanlon jersey. :thumb:

E@SHSU
01-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Good Luck hon! I'm sure that everything will go just fine!

Chief Henry
01-18-2005, 11:51 AM
Watch what you eat Roy and best of luck to you
and your family...

Hoover
01-18-2005, 12:31 PM
My wife and I will keep you in our prayers

shakesthecat
01-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Good luck, Roy!

chief husker
01-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Good luck. I'd recommend getting laid. A lot. Can't hurt. :thumb:

BIG_DADDY
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Best of luck to you Roy. I would do the proper due diligence on any medicine before taking it.

Lzen
01-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Our prayers are with you, Roy.

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Back from the doc's....... it will be next week before we get any results back ! :shake:

Again, expecting all to be fine.

KS Smitty
01-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Prayers have been said Roy.

Just don't let the waiting for the results stress you out!

tk13
01-18-2005, 04:03 PM
Best of luck Roy! Stress can do weird things to the body sometimes, hopefully that's all it is. Good luck. :)

POPpystar
01-18-2005, 04:03 PM
take care...and in our prayers....

OldTownChief
01-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Praying it's nothing. Good luck to you.

RedNFeisty
01-18-2005, 04:37 PM
Well wishes your way, Royc75.

chiefs4me
01-18-2005, 05:24 PM
Aw Roy,,hugs to you and your family. You and the wife are in my prayers.

And please be 100% honest with the doc on everything you are eating, drinking, and taking. Not revealing everything hindered my moms illness a few years ago.

chiefs4me
01-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Did I spell that word right? It looks funny,,:hmmm:

PastorMikH
01-18-2005, 05:27 PM
Will do Roy. Sounds like you're ahead of any serious stuff so far. Will be praying that the Drs get things straightened out.

morphius
01-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds a bit like my Grandpa, poor guy for years couldn't even make it from his house to his mail box.

Best wishes there Roy!

ROYC75
01-18-2005, 05:44 PM
Will do Roy. Sounds like you're ahead of any serious stuff so far. Will be praying that the Drs get things straightened out.

Again, I feel like it is probally due to overweight, pinched nerve,a bad knee that needs replaced and bad arches in my feet that we are just now finding out.

At times, I can't do hardly anything without the pain, heavy sweating, etc.Other times, I feel fine .

Today at the doc's, they had me do the stress test on a treadmill for 5 minutes, the only thing that bothered me at all was my left calf muscle trying to cramp up. Normal sweating and back pains, etc.

Time will tell, I'm more concern with all the blood test they are running, guess it's just standard procedure.

PastorMikH
01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Again, I feel like it is probally due to overweight, pinched nerve,a bad knee that needs replaced and bad arches in my feet that we are just now finding out.

At times, I can't do hardly anything without the pain, heavy sweating, etc.Other times, I feel fine .

Today at the doc's, they had me do the stress test on a treadmill for 5 minutes, the only thing that bothered me at all was my left calf muscle trying to cramp up. Normal sweating and back pains, etc.

Time will tell, I'm more concern with all the blood test they are running, guess it's just standard procedure.

Most of that can be written off to getting older, but the sweating you mentioned earlier definitely doesn't sound like something you do as you get older - unless your going through menopause.:) Anyhow, I think you are doing the right thing by getting everything checked out. Catching something serious (like heart trouble) can really head off major problems down the road. Might feel like a major pain to be dealing with all the hassle, but heading off a potential problem before it erupts is well worth it.

Also, these tests, if they do come back normal can provide some valuable points of refference for Drs down the road. Had a lady in our last church that they were picking up something that didn't seem quite right on her EKG but weren't sure if it was something that had been going on for a while or not. Just so happened that she had all of that stuff done out of town at another hospital where she was treated for a fall while visiting relatives. They were able to compare, see the damage, treat her, and head off some serious problems that were just starting to develop.

big nasty kcnut
01-18-2005, 06:08 PM
your in my prayer roy

Otter
01-18-2005, 07:48 PM
Ditto. Some good karma on the way Roy.

Inspector
01-18-2005, 08:05 PM
5 minutes on the treadmill ain't easy for us older guys.....most of us.

I did a cardiac stress test last Friday and I doubt I went 5 minutes. Whew! I could feel that in my legs the rest of the day. (note to self: Gotta get a treadmill - great exercise).

Best of luck and a prayer has been issued on your behalf.

Valiant
01-18-2005, 08:51 PM

Man hopefully everything is alright and you got the problems from the Chiefs sucking and not medical reasons...

Frazod
01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Good luck, Roy. I hope you make a speedy recovery from your various ailments.

CosmicPal
01-18-2005, 09:27 PM

Sounds like you need some Glucosamine. It does wonders.

Good luck to you, hope all is well and gets better for you.

WilliamTheIrish
01-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Roy, you ol' Jhawk, hang tough....

Sounds to me like you suffer from a lack of golf. :)

We'll have to remedy that...

2bikemike
01-18-2005, 10:32 PM
Roy, you ol' Jhawk, hang tough....

Sounds to me like you suffer from a lack of golf. :)

We'll have to remedy that...

Yeah you guys need to come out to San Diego and play. I played today and it must have been 75 deg.

KCN
01-18-2005, 11:18 PM
I pray that it all works out for you Roy

mikey23545
01-19-2005, 04:28 AM
If it makes you feel any better Roy, watching the Chiefs this year had me experiencing the same symptoms all season.

Hey, on the serious side, we will be keeping you in our thoughts...Good luck!