PDA

View Full Version : Grading the Gamecube.

CHIEF4EVER
01-20-2005, 07:01 PM
A friend introduced me to the Gamecube recently and I have to say, color me unimpressed. If I had to objectively grade it out it would get the following (1=crappy, 10=excellent):

Ease of use - 7.

Graphics - 5.

Controllers - 5.

Games - 6.

Overall grade - 6.

The games I tested were Metroid Prime 2 and Resident Evil. The graphics for MP2 were cartoonish and the game itself was kind of boring. A sad attempt to match HALO2 toe to toe. Resident Evil isn't a bad game but the in game view will drive any sane person to go to the nearest post office with a scattergun. The controllers are a bit like the XBOX controllers but not nearly as well laid out. The system itself is small in size and that can be advantageous for those who are space challenged. All in all, the system and the games are average at best and obviously marketed for volume rather than quality.

Comments?

Saulbadguy
01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
I like it. I have fun playing Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Mario Party.

Bowser
01-20-2005, 07:04 PM
The only game I have ever played on Gamecube was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Or something like that. The graphics didn't exactly blow me away, but I got into the game.

I'll take the XBOX over the Gamecube.

CHIEF4EVER
01-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I like it. I have fun playing Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Mario Party.

My buddy had Mario Kart and Zelda (the old classic Nintendo proprietary stuff) but I didn't get a chance to play them.

CHIEF4EVER
01-20-2005, 07:08 PM
The only game I have ever played on Gamecube was Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Or something like that. The graphics didn't exactly blow me away, but I got into the game.

I'll take the XBOX over the Gamecube.

Actually, the graphics for Resident Evil weren't bad but the way the game itself was designed is just retarded. What I meant by the "in game" view is how the character interacts with the game world and how the controller controls it.

Cochise
01-20-2005, 07:32 PM
pretty happy with the xbox.

seems like nintendo is targeted to the about 13 and under set.

The Bad Guy
01-20-2005, 07:39 PM
I seriously think I played Mario Kart for 20 hours last Tuesday.

Pants
01-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Gamecube is technologically superior to PS2 and almost as good as Xbox. It also has the Mario and Zelda licenses all to itself and that appeals to many old-school gamers. I'm all about the Xbox, though.

Lzen
01-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I like to play Simpson's Hit and Run on it. :) My boys have a Gamecube. I hardly ever touch it. But they do have a couple cool games. They have one with some classic arcade games like Galaga and Dig Dug. That is way cool :thumb: