PDA

View Full Version : Graphics question

Phobia
01-25-2005, 04:43 PM
The wife is looking for a free graphics package that would enable her to easily change the background on pictures to different colors.

She also has Adobe Photoshop 5.0 LE.

Any ideas or instructions?

Count Zarth
01-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure what you mean. From the description it sounds like Photoshop would do what you want.

morphius
01-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I don't know that there is an easy way to do it, but GIMP is a free photoshop like program. You might be everything you want with LE, but I haven't played with it.

htismaqe
01-26-2005, 07:28 AM
I don't personally care for Adobe or Photoshop. My wife bought Photoship Elements a while back (for $70) and it had all kinds of issues with my camera and printer drivers.

Adobe said it was the hardware manufacturer's fault, even though everything worked fine before I installed that PoS.

I'd browse TuCows or CNET for a good free program.

Saulbadguy
01-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah, the GIMP is free. GIMP=Graphical Image Manipulation Program.

IIRC.

fan4ever
01-26-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm a graphic designer by profession (www.wierck.com) and although there are free graphics programs out there but if she's looking to only change the background while leaving other images alone, she will need to silhouette the images whose colors she does not want to change...and I know of no free graphics software out there that can easily do this; if there is, I'd love to know about it.