PDA

View Full Version : West Wing 01/27/05

Baby Lee
01-27-2005, 05:59 PM
Anyone catch it? I thought it was a very strong episode. Moved away from the WH, and onto the workaday drudgery and constant chaos of the primary trail. Little details about those little hotel bathroom coffe makers, getting Fed-Exs every time you visit the front desk or return to your room. Observing how current events fade into the background as you focus on the special interest group, or campaign coordinator, or handshake session of the next hour. Lots of inside pool on different campaign strategies depending where you presently stand in the mix. Friction between the candidate, the true believers, the rainmakers, and the message crafters.

Different direction for TWW but quite edifying and informative in it's own right.

Baby Lee
01-27-2005, 06:02 PM
And who are you rooting for to replace Sheen.

Bobby Simone
Hawkeye
or
Lumbergh

|Zach|
01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
I thought it was a great episode as well. It made me tired.

Baby Lee
01-27-2005, 06:17 PM
I thought it was a great episode as well. It made me tired.
Janel is doing a great job of conveying the role of Donna. Josh viewed her as an indispensible sidekick and close friend, but still 'support staff' when it came down to brass tacks. Not 'on his level' in terms of campaign genius.
Now, she's getting to where her ambitions were in the opposition camp, and she displaying a great mix of still having admiration of Josh, and some disappointment in being on the other side of the fence from him, but overall too busy meeting her new responsibilities to be overly emotive or angry at him.
Josh 'the genius' is all conflicted, wistful and regretful, and Donna 'the help' is just a blank slate to him.

Ultra Peanut
01-27-2005, 06:19 PM
And who are you rooting for to replace Sheen.

Bobby Simone
Hawkeye
or
LumberghShe had sex with Lumbergh?!

|Zach|
01-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Janel is doing a great job of conveying the role of Donna. Josh viewed her as an indispensible sidekick and close friend, but still 'support staff' when it came down to brass tacks. Not 'on his level' in terms of campaign genius.
Now, she's getting to where her ambitions were in the opposition camp, and she displaying a great mix of still having admiration of Josh, and some disappointment in being on the other side of the fence from him, but overall too busy meeting her new responsibilities to be overly emotive or angry at him.
Josh 'the genius' is all conflicted, wistful and regretful, and Donna 'the help' is just a blank slate to him.
The shot with them on the two sides of the door was impressive.

|Zach|
01-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey BL, could you fill me in on this seasons happenings?

I have not caught alot of the current WW season but I always seem to catch the older ones on Bravo...

I know Lyman is running the Latino guy's presidential campaign.

Are Donna and Will running Alan Alda's campaign? I had trouble putting a couple of the pieces together.

Frazod
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
My money's on Alda, since he's found his way into the main credits. I figure it'll end up being Alda as president and Smits as VP.

And yes, last night's episode was good. They sure hate ethanol, don't they? :D

Ultra Peanut
01-28-2005, 02:16 AM
President Alan Alda?

That sounds like a ****ing nightmare.

Baby Lee
01-28-2005, 06:53 AM
Hey BL, could you fill me in on this seasons happenings?

I have not caught alot of the current WW season but I always seem to catch the older ones on Bravo...

I know Lyman is running the Latino guy's presidential campaign.

Are Donna and Will running Alan Alda's campaign? I had trouble putting a couple of the pieces together.
Hawkeye (Sen. Vinick) is actually playing the Republican nominee. His top staffers are Milton [Stephen Root] and Mrs. Tim Taylor [Patricia Richardson].
Lyman is out on a limb by himself behind Bobby Simone (Rep. Santos). Though he shares his wife with Gaylord Focker [Teri Polo].
Donna and Will are in VP Lumbergh's (Bob Russell's) camp.
Also running, with his staff unknown after Lyman turned him down, is former VP Otter (Hoynes), who had resigned last year amid scandal.

Baby Lee
01-28-2005, 06:56 AM
OMFG!!! Picked up from Gary Cole's [Lumbergh's] IMDB listing

Don Johnson & Philip Michael Thomas edged out Gary Cole and Jimmy Smits for the roles of Crockett & Tubbs in Miami Vice.

jiveturkey
01-28-2005, 08:10 AM
My money's on Alda, since he's found his way into the main credits. I figure it'll end up being Alda as president and Smits as VP.

And yes, last night's episode was good. They sure hate ethanol, don't they? :DI thought the same thing as soon as I saw his support staff last night.

It would be a bit cheesey if Santos was the VP though.