PDA

View Full Version : The Miracle That Is Beer

Brock
01-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: "I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.

|Zach|
01-29-2005, 12:37 PM
heh, I am going to a beer pong tournament today

mikey23545
01-29-2005, 12:38 PM
This is a real life story that truly touches me....

When man and beer unite, nothing can stand in our way...

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 01:02 PM
This is a real life story that truly touches me....

When man and beer unite, nothing can stand in our way...That is a classic story, but an even funnier reply. ROFL

KCWolfman
01-29-2005, 01:14 PM
Foreigners!

While I am sure he is considered cool, does he realize he could have gotten out that much quicker if he just poured the beer on the snow?

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Foreigners!

While I am sure he is considered cool, does he realize he could have gotten out that much quicker if he just poured the beer on the snow?I think that that first beer he drank affected his judgment.

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Foreigners!

While I am sure he is considered cool, does he realize he could have gotten out that much quicker if he just poured the beer on the snow?
Wait till Endelt discovers you proposed pouring out good beer. It won't be a pretty sight.

KCWolfman
01-29-2005, 01:21 PM
I think that that first beer he drank affected his judgment.
Seriously, he is an idiot. First of all getting drunk under an avalanche, he is damned lucky he didn't freeze to death (alcohol lowers body temperature). Secondly, it is not like Slovakian beer is anything but filtered sow piss anyway. At 7-15 cents a bottle, it would have been better spent in the snow anyway.

I can imagine the smell while he sat in his car - kind of like living in a cat's litterbox

KCWolfman
01-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Wait till Endelt discovers you proposed pouring out good beer. It won't be a pretty sight.
If END believes Slovakian beer is good beer, then the alcohol has permanently affected his judgement anyway.

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 01:24 PM
If END believes Slovakian beer is good beer, then the alcohol has permanently affected his judgement anyway.
END thinks ANY beer is good beer. Try again.

Calcountry
01-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Seriously, he is an idiot. First of all getting drunk under an avalanche, he is damned lucky he didn't freeze to death (alcohol lowers body temperature). Secondly, it is not like Slovakian beer is anything but filtered sow piss anyway. At 7-15 cents a bottle, it would have been better spent in the snow anyway.

I can imagine the smell while he sat in his car - kind of like living in a cat's litterboxI had Delt in mind when I said that.

BigOlChiefsfan
01-29-2005, 02:51 PM
60 bottles of beer and 40 tons of snow?

You're-a-peein, European.

BTW, since they split Czechoslovakia I can't speak for Slovak beer, per se. But I sure drink a lot of Czech beer. Pilsner Urquell and Czechvar is good stuff.

Baby Lee
01-29-2005, 03:00 PM
Foreigners!

I would assume that the beer was already cold. His bladder incubated the frothy refreshment to a nice 98.6 degrees.

Rausch
01-29-2005, 03:08 PM
I would assume that the beer was already cold. His bladder incubated the frothy refreshment to a nice 98.6 degrees.

Isn't there a lot of salt in urine as well? That couldn't hurt...

KCWolfman
01-29-2005, 03:09 PM
Beer doesn't freeze until an extraordinary temp. Also note that by the time he consumed and pissed he could have warmed all the bottles with his own body and saved a great deal of time.

Baby Lee
01-29-2005, 03:13 PM
Beer doesn't freeze until an extraordinary temp. Also note that by the time he consumed and pissed he could have warmed all the bottles with his own body and saved a great deal of time.
The point isn't to keep the beer from freezing. It's to use the beer to MELT. 32 degree beer, frozen or not, won't melt shit.

The man performed a modern miracle. Stop fronting his shit!!! ;)

Skip Towne
01-29-2005, 03:15 PM
I like his way better. It's much more fun.