PDA

View Full Version : We need to make it public - CarlGun must go!!!

11-28-2000, 10:06 AM
Where can we get a public forum to express this?

The media, the Chiefs organization, they all just assume that we're OK with what's going on?

We're not, but how do we make people see it? I'll bet the Hunts watch MNF, should we make some signs that say "Lamar, fire Carl!"
or "KC needs ABC (Another Better Coach)!"

------------------
Parker
[b]ChiefsPlanet Administrator</B>

The_Grand_Illusion
11-28-2000, 10:10 AM
As fans we could voice our displeasure with King Carl and make posters, banners, signs so the national media can see. So his *** will be out of KC next year. This can happen but it has to be a group effort.

Or make the next home game a blackout

BigChiefsFan
11-28-2000, 10:39 AM
I don't know if you guys live in KC, but KCFX (101 FM) has the Carl Peterson show on Mondays. People were just RIPPING him last night! It was beautiful. One guy said that "Now that the 5 year plan has lasted 11 years, is it time for you to go?" Carl's answer: "You'll have to talk to Lamar about that."

Lamar is the one that needs to be convinced. Unfortunately, the only way to get his attention is to not go to the games or buy the gear.

MM
--Suggests hitting Lamar where it hurts...his wallet.

Go Chiefs
11-28-2000, 10:40 AM
At the next home game, instead of a sea of red, Carl should look out his cozy window and see a sea of BLACK. Everyone - all 80,000 should wear BLACK.

Nothing else should be out of the ordinary - everyone should still cheer and scream for the players, but Lamar, Carl and Gun would get the message.

Gracie Dean
11-28-2000, 10:46 AM
Paper bags over the head wouldn't hurt either. A sea of paper bags would be even better. I think y'all should hand out paper bags at the gate. See if you can get HyVee or the other grocery store to sponsor it. They'd love having their logo on about 10,000 paper bags being shown on TV & throughout the stadium.

TheBigChief
11-28-2000, 10:50 AM
I like the paper bag idea! Nothing screams 'Disgruntled Fan' more than a paper mask with marker tears. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dr. Red
11-28-2000, 10:51 AM
Kphobia - no matter how badly we think the Chiefs are playing, I can guarantee that no supermarket with any brains will come within MILES of sponsoring fan mutiny. Least of all 'Chiefs-n-'Chopper.

Gracie Dean
11-28-2000, 10:59 AM
JC - you might be right. However, they aren't catering to the Chiefs organization. They are targeting Chiefs fans. If Chiefs fans want their bags, they'll get 'em one way or another. Why not make it easy. It's also tons of FREE exposure for them. They pay tens of thousands of dollars for that kind of exposure annually to the Chiefs. Screw the relationship with the Chiefs organization. They should be disgruntled over the failures as much as we are. It will soon hit them in the pocketbook because attendance will be reduced and that reduces their exposure anyway.... I'd consider it heavily if I were a marketing guru with pricechopper or hyvee.

The_Grand_Illusion
11-28-2000, 04:35 PM
http://www.espn.go.com/abcsports/mnf/columns/stark_melissa/melissqafinal.html

you guys asked for you voiciing your displeasure with King Carl to the national media here's your chance. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

AJKCFAN
11-28-2000, 05:04 PM
Let's all go to the next Chiefs game, and then throw ourselves on the ground in front of the stadium and kick, scream, and bawl like a bunch of crybaby b!tches!!!! After that, we should all give up our season tickets!!!! I bet that will do it!!!!

Ugly Duck
11-28-2000, 05:25 PM
Just an idea, but use MNF as your 'PR Machine'.

Create a large poster or banner with the URL for this website. A large gold poster with bold red www.chiefsplanet.com (http://www.chiefsplanet.com)

Then underneath it state
"LOG ON IF YOU WANT PETERSON AND THE STOOGES VOTED OUT OF KC"

Something like that... give this site some pub to your other KC brethren out there and make the media aware of it. Then, create a simple topic and I'd being willing to bet that with the flood of responses that the thread would get 100's of votes and stay near the top.

Then, forward those thoughts and comments on to anyone that will listen. The key though, is that the sign has to be simple b/c it may only get about 3 seconds of air time if any at all.

Just a thought....

Ugly Duck
11-28-2000, 05:31 PM
Never mind ... just realized that the MNF game is @NE. Ah well - you can still do it for the next home game or plant somebody in the stands at Foxboro.

redshirt32
11-28-2000, 06:20 PM
I wonder if Carl has a license to carry a Gun? :eek:<BR>

Idaho Chief
11-28-2000, 06:24 PM
Off with their heads!!!!