PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Hardball?

CHIEF4EVER
01-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Matthews is interviewing Judith Miller of the New York Times. She shocked me....said the election was an unqualified success. :hmmm:

Michael Michigan
01-30-2005, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Miller was pro war in Iraq, though that's from memory.

Let me do a google.

CHIEF4EVER
01-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Miller was pro war in Iraq, though that's from memory.

Let me do a google.

I have no idea what her previous stance on the war was. I just found it ironic that ANY representative of the NYT would be on national TV agreeing that ANY administration move turned out positive without spinning something negative out of it.

Michael Michigan
01-30-2005, 05:02 PM
Yes.

http://www.sourcewatch.org/wiki.phtml?title=Judith_Miller

Miller played an important role in promoting the presidential team's agenda on Iraq. Indeed, she wrote the first article, entitled «Threats and Responses : The Iraqis ; U.S. Says Hussein Intensifies Quest for A-Bomb Parts», on Saddam Hussein's WMD programme, mentioning "aluminium tubes" which could be used for nuclear weapons. That was on September 7, less than two weeks after Vice-President Dick Cheney delivered the first speech in which he presented Iraq as Washington's next target. [1] (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2002/08/20020826.html). It is therefore possible to think that she played a role in the public relations campaign that was led by the Bush administration on Iraq, directed by Andrew Card.

I'm certain she feels vindicated. Good for her.

Michael Michigan
01-30-2005, 05:04 PM
I have no idea what her previous stance on the war was. I just found it ironic that ANY representative of the NYT would be on national TV agreeing that ANY administration move turned out positive without spinning something negative out of it.

I understand, I'm not sure what her politics are. Who reads the Times anymore?

;)

One thing--Left-wing pundits should realize that unless they want to sound like a moonbat, they might as well get on board.

CHIEF4EVER
01-30-2005, 05:09 PM
The reporter in Baghdad said that the ink on the finger that the voters got is VERY difficult to remove. They view it as a badge of honor. Kinda the Iraqi way of saying "up yours" to the insurgents.

CHIEF4EVER
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
We are in for a REAL treat tonight.....Flipper on MTP is gonna be on tonight. ROFL

the Talking Can
01-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Judith Miller is part of the reason that the NYT had to apologize in print for its unprofessionaly lax coverage of the administrations propganda leading us into war in Iraq. She was using Chalabi as a source, and, amazingly, did almost no background on the nonsense he was spewing via Cheney's OSP.

Of course, this (the NYTs printing every lie, Miller using Chalabi and his cronies as sources, the OSP mainlining Chalabi's admittedly made up "intel" into the "debate" about Iraq) is only a small part of the history surrounding the Iraq invasion that people try desperatly to forget.

mlyonsd
01-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Judith Miller is part of the reason that the NYT had to apologize in print for its unprofessionaly lax coverage of the administrations propganda leading us into war in Iraq. She was using Chalabi as a source, and, amazingly, did almost no background on the nonsense he was spewing via Cheney's OSP.

Of course, this (the NYTs printing every lie, Miller using Chalabi and his cronies as sources, the OSP mainlining Chalabi's admittedly made up "intel" into the "debate" about Iraq) is only a small part of the history surrounding the Iraq invasion that people try desperatly to forget.

Ok meme.

RINGLEADER
01-30-2005, 08:19 PM
It's funny watching Chris Matthews...he totally despises the war in Iraq and could really care less if we succeed or not. He had a series of people on the other day and were badgering them to equate the crash of the helicopter with Vietnam and failure. He asked one of the retired generals on the payroll if he believed helicopters were "a weapon of desperation".

It took the general a few seconds to remember that MSNBC is writing him checks, but he was really speechless when Chrissy first posed the question. Matthews then went through three or four guests trying to get them to agree with him that the helicopter crash = quagmire, but he found no takers.

KCWolfman
01-30-2005, 08:25 PM

Was she right about the elections?

Chief Henry
01-31-2005, 08:44 AM

How much was she paid?

Baby Lee
01-31-2005, 09:29 AM
I can't think of Matthews without thinking of the Bears of the late '80s.

"You're watchin' Harbaugh!!!!"