PDA

View Full Version : Chirac: Iraqi Elections A "Great Success For the International Community"

RINGLEADER
01-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I guess it's nice that Kofi and Schroder and Chirac all think the elections in Iraq are a good thing (that puts them out in front of most the Democratic leadership), but where does the frog get off taking any credit (or heaping it on an "international community") when his sorry ass has done nothing but bemoan the events necessary to make it happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4220551.stm

Cochise
01-30-2005, 10:50 PM
I find it interesting that Annan, Chirac, Schroder, and others all have something positive to say about it but the DNC brass and their androids around here don't.

But I guess those guys also are not out of power and becoming increasingly irrelevant in their respective countries. At least they have enough sense to know that when a good thing happens, get on board.

SBK
01-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Maybe Bush will come out and say, "the election in Iraq is a great step in the right direction....No thanks to those pussies in France and Germany!"

Mr. Kotter
01-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Maybe Bush will come out and say, "the election in Iraq is a great step in the right direction....No thanks to those pussies in France and Germany!"

THAT would be priceless... ROFL

Michael Michigan
01-31-2005, 01:02 AM
I find it interesting that Annan, Chirac, Schroder, and others all have something positive to say about it but the DNC brass and their androids around here don't.

But I guess those guys also are not out of power and becoming increasingly irrelevant in their respective countries. At least they have enough sense to know that when a good thing happens, get on board.

The American left is just poorly prepared. They were flailing all day today, and tomorrow will hold a prebuttal to Wednesday's state of the union with Pelosi and Reid.

And Karl Rove smiles.

Loki
01-31-2005, 10:40 AM
STFD AND STFU CHIRAC !!!

Donger
01-31-2005, 10:44 AM
The American left is just poorly prepared. They were flailing all day today, and tomorrow will hold a prebuttal to Wednesday's state of the union with Pelosi and Reid.

And Karl Rove smiles.

Indeed. I'm thoroughly looking forward to the SoTU address this year.

Keep an eye on Hillary, BTW, and contrast her reactions to Pelosi, Boxer and the rest of the usual suspects.

beavis
01-31-2005, 11:14 AM
but where does the frog get off taking any credit (or heaping it on an "international community") when his sorry ass has done nothing but bemoan the events necessary to make it happen.
Sucks to be caught on the wrong side of history. It's funny watching these weasels run for their lives now though.

mlyonsd
01-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Sucks to be caught on the wrong side of history. It's funny watching these weasels run for their lives now though.

It would be fitting if the new Iraqi government remembered who their friends really were in this thing.

Chief Faithful
01-31-2005, 12:05 PM
But, the Iraqi people are giving praise to Bush not the Frogs. The Govenor of Bahgdad is talking statues to Bush not Chirac or Annan.

With every speech the UN seems to become less and less relevant.

Loki
01-31-2005, 12:37 PM
But, the Iraqi people are giving praise to Bush not the Frogs. The Govenor of Bahgdad is talking statues to Bush not Chirac or Annan.

With every speech the UN seems to become less and less relevant.

they WERE relevant?

(when? how? why?)