PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry Was Priceless On Meet the Press

RINGLEADER
01-31-2005, 10:01 AM
Finally got around to watching him on Meet the Press last night and found several exchanges to be particularly funny. The guy seems to think he's still campaigning for a presidential election in the near future. I know a lot has already been said of his throwing down a marker "This is the president's LAST CHANCE to get it right in Iraq" and his generally negative tone about "not overhyping" the Iraqi elections, but these quotes were just priceless:

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was two and a half years ago.

Then, a few seconds later:

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> Sure.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Or this great example of a resolute, firm and decisive John Kerry:

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Specifically, do you agree with Senator Kennedy that 12,000 American troops should leave at once?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> No.

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Do you believe there should be a specific timetable of withdrawal of American troops?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> No.

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> What would you do?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> I understand exactly what Senator Kennedy is saying, and I agree with Senator Kennedy's perceptions of the problem and of how you deal with it.

While I was watching this dude it took me back to last summer when Jaz would right 20,000 word essays about how John Kerry has been perfectly consistent in all of his views, votes and quotes. I just don't think this guy has the ability to make a statement without giving himself an out so that he can later say he meant the opposite of what he actually said. For instance:

<B>MR. RUSSERT:</B> Would you introduce that [parental notification for abortion that you just said you supported] legislation that would have [parental notification] at the federal level?

<B>SEN. KERRY:</B> Well, I hadn't thought about introducing it, but I certainly would support it or entertain a discussion about it.

Kerry's adament about his position on parental notification...so adament that it hadn't occured to him that he could actually introduce legislation, but at least he's committed himself to talking about it if someone else does.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Fortunately, it looks like Kerry plans on being a high-profile advocate against the pro-life stance (which I raise only because I find it funny when he talks about how he opposes pro-life legislation even though he supports it), against the value of exporting democracy to other countries like Iraq, etc., etc., etc.

Bootlegged
01-31-2005, 10:04 AM
the man has lost it, if he ever had it.

beavis
01-31-2005, 10:11 AM
I thought maybe he would tame this stuff down now that he's become irrelevant, but apparently he's going to keep spouting off like this.

I found that quote about Iraq priceless myself.

Cochise
01-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Aww, how cute. He still thinks he's relevant.

Was Ross Perot not available?

Loki
01-31-2005, 10:17 AM
ROFL

http://www.bvml.org/webmaster/grfx/kerrybo2.gif

homey
01-31-2005, 10:34 AM
"I was against the 911 commission before I was for it."

"I was against civil unions until 2 days before the election."

You can do this to any official...

mlyonsd
01-31-2005, 10:38 AM
I'd like to understand Russert's rationale regarding picking Kerry as a guest on the day of Iraq's election. Seems like an odd guest to me considering the circumstances.

RINGLEADER
01-31-2005, 10:45 AM
"I was against the 911 commission before I was for it."

"I was against civil unions until 2 days before the election."

You can do this to any official...

Actually, Bush has always been for civil unions. And the stated reason they were against the 9/11 commission at the time was not so much because they didn't want to have it, they just knew that if you had it during an election year it would become a political football which is exactly what happened (complete with partisan applause from the gallery).

You libs need to understand that Kerry was a horrible, horrible candidate running a terrible campaign because, as he showed yesterday, he has no core beliefs. Seriously Homey, Kerry says Iraq has made us less safe and then 30 seconds later says it has made us more safe. Why do you even try to defend him?

RINGLEADER
01-31-2005, 10:47 AM
I'd like to understand Russert's rationale regarding picking Kerry as a guest on the day of Iraq's election. Seems like an odd guest to me considering the circumstances.

Probably had more to do with when Kerry wanted to be on then when Russert wanted to have him. Works that way with "exclusive" bookings. But, hey, if Kerry wants to get on the tube and make a fool of himself by trying to downplay the significance of the elections let him.

Chief Faithful
01-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Kerry; the gift that just keeps on giving.

Cochise
01-31-2005, 10:53 AM
You libs need to understand that Kerry was a horrible, horrible candidate running a terrible campaign because, as he showed yesterday, he has no core beliefs.

Ah, that isn't true. Kerry has a core belief. It's that he's not Bush.

RINGLEADER
01-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Ah, that isn't true. Kerry has a core belief. It's that he's not Bush.

Are you sure he believes that? ;)

RINGLEADER
01-31-2005, 11:44 AM
Another comment that Kerry made during his MTP appearance was that he won the battleground states by 2%. I crunched the numbers found on Dave Liep's Election Atlas website (http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/national.php?f=0) and found this claim by Kerry to be yet another exaggeration.

Even if you use the most liberal definition of a "Battleground" state and include states like New Jersey and Hawaii and Washington state along with the more commonly agreed upon Battlegrounds (Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin) you get the following results:

Bush Votes In Battleground States: 24,905,587
Kerry Votes In Battleground States: 24,747,955

Bush Percentage Of Battleground Votes: 50.16%
Kerry Percentage Of Battleground Votes: 49.84%

Bush Percentage Lead In Battleground States: .32%
Kerry Prediction Error: 2.32%

If you pull out the numbers from Washington, Hawaii and New Jersey - there states that Bush and his supporters hoped to carry but were all considered longshots by most - the numbers get even bleaker for Kerry:

Bush Votes In Real Battleground States: 21,736,499
Kerry Votes In Real Battleground States: 21,094,616

Bush Percentage Of Real Battleground Votes: 50.75%
Kerry Percentage Of Real Battleground Votes: 49.25%

Bush Percentage Lead In Real Battleground States: 1.50%
Kerry Prediction Error: 3.50%

I guess if Kerry wants to cherry-pick results and claim certain states were never really Battlegrounds then he can support his assertion that he won these states by 2.0%. We've seen his own brand of revisionist history on display with his frequent portrayals of Ohio as being closer than it really was, but how he can say he won the Battlegrounds with a straight face (or even a long face) is a mystery.

Chief Henry
01-31-2005, 11:52 AM

I too thought that was some one odd on Russerts part. He wanted Kerry on so desperatley that he choose an odd time when everyone else
had Condi. Kerry looked liked a disgruntled old man that still tried to be on each side of the IrAQ elections. He has not learned anything.
But if he's gone through his hole political career being wishy washy, then
loosing the Presidential election is not enough to turn him around. His political capital is trying up fast. He sure looked washed up Sunday
IMO.

BigMeatballDave
01-31-2005, 12:03 PM
Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?

SEN. KERRY: No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was two and a half years ago.
Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?

SEN. KERRY: Sure.

ROFL Classic!

tiptap
01-31-2005, 12:17 PM
Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: Do you believe that Iraq is less a terrorist threat to the United States now than it was two years ago?

SEN. KERRY: No, it's more. And, in fact, I believe the world is less safe today than it was two and a half years ago.
Quote:
MR. RUSSERT: Is the United States safer with the newly elected Iraqi government than we would have been with Saddam Hussein?

SEN. KERRY: Sure.

ROFL Classic!

The soil of the US is safer marginally with Hussein removed. But the insurgents represent a terrorist threat that are killing Americans at about 30 per week so the terrorist threat is more active than before the invasion to American lives. The recuitment for terrorist is up and you don't have to travel all the way to Afghanistan, just cross the border from Saudi Arabia, Syria, Jordan, Iran and join the process. It provides a growing number of new and unidentified terrorists for the future. You are correct that such statements by Kerry don't jive well within the general population but you are wrong to think that the statements are necessarily contradictive.

Fairplay
01-31-2005, 01:20 PM
I was watching meet the press with John Kerry too.

I was laughing when he told Russert he was an expert on poles!

homey
01-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Actually, Bush has always been for civil unions. And the stated reason they were against the 9/11 commission at the time was not so much because they didn't want to have it, they just knew that if you had it during an election year it would become a political football which is exactly what happened (complete with partisan applause from the gallery).

You libs need to understand that Kerry was a horrible, horrible candidate running a terrible campaign because, as he showed yesterday, he has no core beliefs. Seriously Homey, Kerry says Iraq has made us less safe and then 30 seconds later says it has made us more safe. Why do you even try to defend him?

Never been a big Kerry fan, just anti-Bush.l Bush flip flops more than Kerry did but the media programmed America to make Kerry out as the only politician that goes against what he thinks. No one holds Bush accountbale for anything.

Cochise
01-31-2005, 01:26 PM
Another comment that Kerry made during his MTP appearance was that he won the battleground states by 2%. I crunched the numbers found on Dave Liep's Election Atlas website (http://www.uselectionatlas.org/USPRESIDENT/national.php?f=0) and found this claim by Kerry to be yet another exaggeration.

I find it funny that he's trying to say he won in all but hardcore Republican areas, since he ran for the party that would get blown out in every election if it weren't for California and New York

Loki
01-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Never been a big Kerry fan, just anti-Bush.l Bush flip flops more than Kerry did but the media programmed America to make Kerry out as the only politician that goes against what he thinks. No one holds Bush accountbale for anything.

uhhhh... check kerry's 20+ year senate track record there buddy. he's the flip-flop KING.

homey
01-31-2005, 01:35 PM
uhhhh... check kerry's 20+ year senate track record there buddy. he's the flip-flop KING.

Was that what your daddy told you or Fox?

Chief Henry
01-31-2005, 01:38 PM

Hey Look, another shill for the Democratic Underground. Welcome
homey.

Donger
01-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Bush flip flops more than Kerry

ROFL

Stay in the shallow end, 'lil homey.

Radar Chief
01-31-2005, 02:17 PM

:rolleyes: So who told you to say the previous, your daddy or DU?

SBK
01-31-2005, 06:23 PM
I actually voted for John Kerry, before I voted against him.

RINGLEADER
01-31-2005, 10:07 PM

ROFL

Who needs Fox when you have people like John Kerry minting material for you every day?

BTW, Homey, if you have all the answers maybe you can explain what Kerry meant when he said he spent time in Cambodia in early 1969 running guns to the Khmer Rouge (a story that is implausible on so many levels as to be completely laughable).

BigMeatballDave
02-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Bush flip flops more than Kerry
:spock:

Fairplay
02-01-2005, 02:31 AM
Heres another part of the transcript from Meet the Press last Sunday.

Note he says he will sign Form 180, which releases his military records to historians and journalists. Anyone want to bet it will never happen?

MR. RUSSERT:* Many people who've been criticizing you have said:* Senator, if you would just do one thing and that is sign Form 180, which would allow historians and journalists complete access to all your military records.* Thus far, you have gotten the records, released them through your campaign.* They say you should not be the filter.* Sign Form 180 and let the historians...

SEN. KERRY:* I'd be happy to put the records out.* We put all the records out that I had been sent by the military.* Then at the last moment, they sent some more stuff, which had some things that weren't even relevant to the record. So when we get--I'm going to sit down with them and make sure that they are clear and I am clear as to what is in the record and what isn't in the record and we'll put it out.* I have no problem with that.

MR. RUSSERT:* Would you sign Form 180?

SEN. KERRY:* But everything, Tim...

SEN. KERRY:* Yes, I will.* But everything that we put in it, Tim--everything we put in--I mean, everything that was out was a full documentation of all of the medical records, all of the fitness reports. *And I'd call on those who have challenged me, let's see their records.* I want to see the records of each of those people who have put up a challenge, because some of them have some serious questions in them, and it hasn't been appropriate...

RINGLEADER
02-01-2005, 09:55 AM

You're a smart person Homey. I can't believe you believe that. It's hard to come up with a position that Kerry took that he DIDN'T change his mind about. If you read the Newsweek recap of the election you get the sense that Kerry would freeze when it came time to make a decision.

RINGLEADER
02-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Heres another part of the transcript from Meet the Press last Sunday.

Note he says he will sign Form 180, which releases his military records to historians and journalists. Anyone want to bet it will never happen?

MR. RUSSERT:* Many people who've been criticizing you have said:* Senator, if you would just do one thing and that is sign Form 180, which would allow historians and journalists complete access to all your military records.* Thus far, you have gotten the records, released them through your campaign.* They say you should not be the filter.* Sign Form 180 and let the historians...

SEN. KERRY:* I'd be happy to put the records out.* We put all the records out that I had been sent by the military.* Then at the last moment, they sent some more stuff, which had some things that weren't even relevant to the record. So when we get--I'm going to sit down with them and make sure that they are clear and I am clear as to what is in the record and what isn't in the record and we'll put it out.* I have no problem with that.

SEN. KERRY:* But everything, Tim...

SEN. KERRY:* Yes, I will.* But everything that we put in it, Tim--everything we put in--I mean, everything that was out was a full documentation of all of the medical records, all of the fitness reports. *And I'd call on those who have challenged me, let's see their records.* I want to see the records of each of those people who have put up a challenge, because some of them have some serious questions in them, and it hasn't been appropriate...

Ah, the classic "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" routine...

homey
02-01-2005, 11:00 AM
ROFL

BTW, Homey, if you have all the answers maybe you can explain what Kerry meant when he said he spent time in Cambodia in early 1969 running guns to the Khmer Rouge (a story that is implausible on so many levels as to be completely laughable).

Beating a dead horse 101. Hilarious that’s still your biggest beef with Kerry. Even funnier is how you continue to let Bush's flip flops not matter. Do you all question anything?

Radar Chief
02-01-2005, 01:05 PM
Beating a dead horse 101. Hilarious that’s still your biggest beef with Kerry. Even funnier is how you continue to let Bush's flip flops not matter. Do you all question anything?

Sure, your sanity for one. ;)
BTW, homey, it’d help you case here if you’d list these “Bush flip flops” as then we could discuss’em. As it is, this childish “well you’re one too” response is only gonna get ya ridiculed.
Just FYI.

SBK
02-02-2005, 10:53 PM
BTW, homey, it’d help you case here if you’d list these “Bush flip flops” as then we could discuss’em. As it is, this childish “well you’re one too” response is only gonna get ya ridiculed.
Just FYI.

Looks like he didn't come up with any today, maybe something will pop up tomorrow. ROFL

Fairplay
02-03-2005, 03:02 AM
More from the Meet the Press Kerry interview.......

MR. RUSSERT:* Some Democrats and many Republicans believe that Howard Dean is too liberal to be chairman of the Democratic Party.* Do you agree?

SEN. KERRY:* No, I don't agree with that.* I think, in fact, if you look at Howard's record as a governor, he was a strong balance-the-budget governor. He was conservative on a lot of issues.* And I think that's part of what happens in campaigns.* You get these stamps and broad brushes that aren't exactly accurate.

Kerry= :bong:

Fairplay
02-03-2005, 03:08 AM
More from the Meet the Press interview. This was good. Russert tells Kerry that 6 out of 10 Massachusetts voters don't want him to run for president again. Read his response.

MR. RUSSERT:* Our affiliate, Channel 7 in Boston, WHDH, and Suffolk University took a poll asking Massachusetts voters, "Should Kerry run for president in 2008?"* Yes, 33; no, 59.* And the man who runs the poll, David Paleologos, has said that--"`Massachusetts voters have built a presidential ceiling over John Kerry's head,' said David Paleologos, director of Suffolk's Political Research Center."* Six out of 10 Massachusetts voters don't want you to run again.* Why?

SEN. KERRY:* Well, Tim, if you ask me about polls today, you're going to get one of the sort of quick and easy dismissals of all politics, because I'm a poll expert.* And if you'll recall, every poll in the country eliminated me from the race in December prior to Iowa, and I turned around and won.* And every poll eliminated me two or three times from even making the race close. So I think polls today are almost irrelevant, and I just don't pay any attention to them.

Kerry doesn't pay attention to polls, my ass!

SBK
02-03-2005, 08:30 AM
More from the Meet the Press interview. This was good. Russert tells Kerry that 6 out of 10 Massachusetts voters don't want him to run for president again. Read his response.

MR. RUSSERT:* Our affiliate, Channel 7 in Boston, WHDH, and Suffolk University took a poll asking Massachusetts voters, "Should Kerry run for president in 2008?"* Yes, 33; no, 59.* And the man who runs the poll, David Paleologos, has said that--"`Massachusetts voters have built a presidential ceiling over John Kerry's head,' said David Paleologos, director of Suffolk's Political Research Center."* Six out of 10 Massachusetts voters don't want you to run again.* Why?

SEN. KERRY:* Well, Tim, if you ask me about polls today, you're going to get one of the sort of quick and easy dismissals of all politics, because I'm a poll expert.* And if you'll recall, every poll in the country eliminated me from the race in December prior to Iowa, and I turned around and won.* And every poll eliminated me two or three times from even making the race close. So I think polls today are almost irrelevant, and I just don't pay any attention to them.

Kerry doesn't pay attention to polls, my ass!

My BS meter has pegged!

homey
02-03-2005, 08:46 AM
Just FYI.

Check my posts before you lay out a claim. It's in my initial post. Might wanna check that next time.

I was against the department of homeland security beofe I was for it.

I was against the 911 commission before I was for it.

etc...

SBK
02-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Check my posts before you lay out a claim. It's in my initial post. Might wanna check that next time.

etc...

Is that all you got? ROFL

Cochise
02-03-2005, 09:19 AM
Is that all you got? ROFL

homey must be an air-traffic controller, to be able to keep track of all Kerry's current positions.

Radar Chief
02-03-2005, 09:56 AM

etc...

“Lay a claim”? You seemed a little lost so I was just try’n to help ya out. :shrug:
Thanks for reposting those, but uh how has Bushy ever said he was against the Department of Home Land Security, a department he helped create? :spock: