PDA

View Full Version : so now we have a "TECH ONLY" forum too?

Mr. Laz
01-31-2005, 04:11 PM
I remember some people talking about needing information help should try the help forum ... but i guess i didn't realize that everyone was talking about moving ANYTHING tech related into a seperate forum.

the picture forum started because some were offended by certain pictures.

the DC forum was started because "nasty minded" political threads were just flooding the forum.

certain problems solved ... understood

but why a tech forum? it's not even just "tech help" ... anything that says anything about something that uses electricity is being stuck in there.

so when is the "All threads starting with the letter D" forum starting up? :shrug:

|Zach|
01-31-2005, 04:13 PM
Ya, I dont like the set up.

At all.

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 04:16 PM
Negatory on the Tech Only forum. I even saw a Directv thread moved over there.

ExtremeChief
01-31-2005, 04:17 PM
I don't like it either, it's not like these issues were cluttering up the front page. I do believe part of the reasoning behind it was since we don't currently have the search function available, a person needing help could probably find the information they needed there.

ENDelt260
01-31-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna start a lazarus-only forum and get to moving threads.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2005, 04:25 PM

:moon:

KevB
01-31-2005, 04:35 PM
I agree also. I don't mind the forum, just didn't know it was that wide ranging. I had an XM vs. Sirius thread moved over there, and I don't expect another response now.

morphius
01-31-2005, 04:41 PM
Why not save the time and create a forum for just threads started by me. It would be really easy to move everything over there...

the Talking Can
01-31-2005, 04:42 PM
its not a forum, its a graveyard

Marco Polo
01-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Get rid of the forum!

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Who is the blooming idiot of a mod that thought up that stupid forum? I suspect Bob Towne.

OldTownChief
01-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Who is the blooming idiot of a mod that thought up that stupid forum? I suspect Bob Towne.

I was wondering if it was one of the Towne brothers.

ENDelt260
01-31-2005, 05:07 PM
I'm sure he'll really enjoy this feedback, too.

I better make sure he sees this thread.

chiefs4me
01-31-2005, 05:17 PM
I don't see the problem with having a tech only forum. It's not that much trouble to jump from one forum to another.:rolleyes:

Boozer
01-31-2005, 05:22 PM
I don't like it either, it's not like these issues were cluttering up the front page. I do believe part of the reasoning behind it was since we don't currently have the search function available, a person needing help could probably find the information they needed there.

I think that's a good idea...if the threads are only moved after they've had their time on the front few pages.

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 05:26 PM
I don't see the problem with having a tech only forum. It's not that much trouble to jump from one forum to another.:rolleyes:
It's not that it is hard to switch over there, it is the fact nobody will see it over there and it will die. If someone has a Directv question for me, I'll probably never see it. Ya want to bet a dollar on the KU-MU game?

chiefs4me
01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
It's not that it is hard to switch over there, it is the fact nobody will see it over there and it will die. If someone has a Directv question for me, I'll probably never see it. Ya want to bet a dollar on the KU-MU game?

Sure I will bet you. I just got back from dallas so what time is the game on?

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 05:39 PM
Sure I will bet you. I just got back from dallas so what time is the game on?
It started at 6. ESPN

chiefs4me
01-31-2005, 05:45 PM
It started at 6. ESPN

You devil,,:banghead:

Herzig
01-31-2005, 05:50 PM

I agree. The plus side....since the SEARCH function no longer works here, is that all the tech threads will stay together.

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 05:59 PM
I agree. The plus side....since the SEARCH function no longer works here, is that all the tech threads will stay together.
That's all well and good if you don't mind your thread being ignored. I'm sure not going to go over there and check for Directv threads. I think we are solving problems that don't exist.

Saulbadguy
01-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Actually if you put the link on the main page, people will see it. I do. The reason the original one sucked is because it wasn't linked on the main board.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2005, 06:01 PM

ya great...

all the tech threads with no responses can be all in the same place

Herzig
01-31-2005, 06:04 PM
ya great...

all the tech threads with no responses can be all in the same place

Well, I dunno...I haven't even posted over there to see if I get no responses yet so I don't think I'll think about bitching until I may have a reason to bitch.

Saulbadguy
01-31-2005, 06:07 PM
There are quite a few threads with MANY responses. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Skip Towne
01-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Well, I dunno...I haven't even posted over there to see if I get no responses yet so I don't think I'll think about bitching until I may have a reason to bitch.
Then why did you come out in favor of it when you have no experience with it? I saw a Directv thread get moved over there today and I didn't remember it got posted till awhile ago. Also, I'd like to know what problems it is solving. I don't remember the board getting jammed with tech help threads.

Saulbadguy
01-31-2005, 06:18 PM
Stop yer bitching.

stumppy
01-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't think I'll think about bitching until I may have a reason to bitch.
And you call yourself a member of Chiefs Planet. :rolleyes:

Jeez.......get with the program.

htismaqe
01-31-2005, 07:11 PM
Well, I'm not sure who's moving Sirius and DirecTV threads over there...I'm not sure that was the intent when agreed to do it.

Anyway, without a search function, it was very handy (and we had several people suggestin as much) to have all of the computer-related threads in one place.

As for threads going there to die, hardly. There's a ton of traffic over there.

Ultra Peanut
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
The Help Desk is shit, as it is done today. I can almost understand computer stuff being on there, but DirecTV? Satellite radio? A ****ing Gamecube thread?

Someone fix the ****ing search function. I don't care if you have to wipe out attachments from before three months ago, nuke the first 6000 pages of the girly pictures thread, or shoot some people in the head.

Herzig
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
And you call yourself a member of Chiefs Planet. :rolleyes:

Jeez.......get with the program.

ROFL

I guess being a teacher and listening to women bitch all day about petty bullshit will do that to a man.

Douche Baggins
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
nuke the first 6000 pages of the girly pictures thread

I think that's a great idea. I never look at those pages.

|Zach|
01-31-2005, 07:21 PM
The Help Desk is shit, as it is done today. I can almost understand computer stuff being on there, but DirecTV? Satellite radio? A ****ing Gamecube thread?

Someone fix the ****ing search function. I don't care if you have to wipe out attachments from before three months ago, nuke the first 6000 pages of the girly pictures thread, or shoot some people in the head.
ROFL

Herzig
01-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Then why did you come out in favor of it when you have no experience with it?

nlm You damn Okie! I have plenty of experience with lots of technology...just not DirecTV. You better go wash that sand out of your vagina.

KC Jones
01-31-2005, 09:00 PM
I take full responsbility. I did it just to piss everyone off.

Seriously though, about the 80th time a thread was posted about getting rid of spyware or dealing with a slow PC, I mentioned having a tech forum where we could sticky a few things that constantly get the same response might be nice. Some dumbass mod took me up on it. I think his name was something like Bob dumbass Dole :D

jspchief
01-31-2005, 09:15 PM

Has the search feature been completely abandoned? I realize why it was disabled, but has it been determined that there is no other solution than just eliminating it?

Iowanian
01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
No Search Function..........Same tech questions.........Easy way to find the "i think i have a virus" 79 threads.

quitchur bitchin.

ENDelt260
01-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Has the search feature been completely abandoned? I realize why it was disabled, but has it been determined that there is no other solution than just eliminating it?
Ask Kyle.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2005, 09:25 PM
I take full responsbility. I did it just to piss everyone off.

Seriously though, about the 80th time a thread was posted about getting rid of spyware or dealing with a slow PC, I mentioned having a tech forum where we could sticky a few things that constantly get the same response might be nice. Some dumbass mod took me up on it. I think his name was something like Bob dumbass Dole :D

well gee thanks...

now anytime a thread even mentioned the word Television is gets stuck away in the prison forum.

nice work ya old bastard

jspchief
01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
Ask Kyle.

Is this a sore subject? I'm not trying to pick a scab.

I would assume Kyle would let us know if he had an answer, but honestly I have no idea who kyle is or what type of person he is. I guess I was hoping for a "yes, it's gone forever" or a "f*ckin chrissakes..we're working on it"

KC Jones
01-31-2005, 09:27 PM
well gee thanks...

now anytime a thread even mentioned the word Television is gets stuck away in the prison forum.

nice work ya old bastard

Mods - please move this to the tech forum. He used the T-word.

Mr. Laz
01-31-2005, 09:28 PM
ROFL ROFL

htismaqe
02-01-2005, 08:19 AM
FYI, Laz, it's not a "prison forum".

Try checking it out...it's getting quite a bit of traffic.

Saulbadguy
02-01-2005, 08:24 AM
Ask Kyle.
Typical communist pinko answer.

In Soviet Russia, the search function finds you!

Lzen
02-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Guys, you're making too big a deal outta this. Just give it time to get used to it. Once you do, you'll be checking the tech forum every day. I agree that it's a good idea since we have no search function.

Mods,
do we really need Sirius threads in there? Or how about the Gamecube thread? Seems that one should've been in the gaming forum.

Cochise
02-01-2005, 09:24 AM
Can we get a new forum for bitching about new forums?

Lzen
02-01-2005, 09:34 AM

:LOL:

Lzen
02-01-2005, 09:35 AM

As long as we also get a new forum for bitching about multiple KU threads. :p

Herzig
02-01-2005, 02:46 PM

I see that your wish came true. ROFL

ENDelt260
02-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Is this a sore subject? I'm not trying to pick a scab.

I'm just being a smartass.

Presumably Kyle's doing... uh, something. He doesn't make announcements very often. I think he's too busy pimpin' ho's to pay attention to us peons.

Cochise
02-01-2005, 07:12 PM
As long as we also get a new forum for bitching about multiple KU threads. :p

Do the KU threads get moved in there?
:drool:

Ultra Peanut
02-01-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm just being a smartass.

Presumably Kyle's doing... uh, something. He doesn't make announcements very often. I think he's too busy pimpin' ho's to pay attention to us peons.With his sweet red smoking jacket.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 11:12 AM
With his sweet red smoking jacket.
Damn the lack of a search function. I would so go find that pic.