PDA

View Full Version : OK, a little help , New pc question for ya .....

ROYC75
01-31-2005, 09:29 PM
My daughter brought me her pc, something has gotten in it. It has deleted the Norton and AVG drivers.It has also stopped her from getting on line with her dial up.

I took it and plugged it in on my DSL setup, I got on line but I got of quick for no virus protection, I have a router and firewall to the outside here.

1st things to do ?

System restore ?
or download AVG and then try to do Norton.
Should I do Micro Trend , find the bug and delete 1st, then system restore ?

Need help !

ROYC75
01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
bump ...

anybody ?

OldTownChief
01-31-2005, 09:57 PM
System restore does not normally remove virus's. I would uninstall AVG with add remove, then get on line download AVG and updates. Boot in safe mode and run a full scan. Then go from there.

OldTownChief
01-31-2005, 09:59 PM
There are also numerous free on-line scans if you can't get AVG or Norton to run.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
01-31-2005, 11:07 PM
try system restore anyway, you may get lucky............

ROYC75
01-31-2005, 11:22 PM
Found 3 trojans...

Virtumonde.g
PSW.Agent.3.E
Dropper.Agent.2.Z

Maybe if I can get these guys gone and a system restore, it might work right.

ROYC75
02-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Found 3 trojans...

Virtumonde.g
PSW.Agent.3.E
Dropper.Agent.2.Z

Maybe if I can get these guys gone and a system restore, it might work right.

bump...

Anybody know of these, I can't seem to find them anywhere or any info,removal tools to fix it before a system restore.

They also have the AVG disabled, some of the registry keys are missing.

nmt1
02-01-2005, 09:00 AM
bump...

Anybody know of these, I can't seem to find them anywhere or any info,removal tools to fix it before a system restore.

They also have the AVG disabled, some of the registry keys are missing.

I checked Symantec and Googled all three. Didn't find much that seemed to be helpful.
Try going here Hijack This (http://hijack-this.net/) if you haven't already.
If you can't fix it with this, I'd recommend reformating the drive and then doing your system restore. It's drastic but it'll get rid of your problem. Be sure to back up your data.

ROYC75
02-01-2005, 09:51 AM
OK, this bad boy is off to the pc man for repairs.

Funny, I don't get problems with my pc's, it's my daughters and III's that get problems, young kids .

What's up with that ?

OldTownChief
02-01-2005, 10:44 AM
If there is no info. online to remove the virus's a format is probably what you need. A system restore will not remove them.

ROYC75
02-01-2005, 10:57 AM
I just ran across this site, it found them, but the removal is out of my league .

http://www.sophos.com/