PDA

View Full Version : Jonny being frank

Baby Lee
02-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Daily Show last night, chatting with Fareed Zakaria, Jon let fly with "what if this freedom thing actually works over there? Because if it does my world view will be shattered. . . and I may actually implode."

NewChief
02-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Daily Show last night, chatting with Fareed Zakaria, Jon let fly with "what if this freedom thing actually works over there? Because if it does my world view will be shattered. . . and I may actually implode."

I feel much the same way. If democracy is embraced and works there and sets an example for the ME that shifts the entire paradigm away from their curent system, I may well become a Neocon. LET THE EAGLE SOAR BABY!

MarcBulger
02-01-2005, 08:52 AM
It works in Turkey. Of course Turkey is not in the "belly of the beast" but they have shown that it works. Muslim Terrorist want a theocracy, they don't want a democracy.

NewChief
02-01-2005, 08:58 AM
It works in Turkey. Of course Turkey is not in the "belly of the beast" but they have shown that it works. Muslim Terrorist want a theocracy, they don't want a democracy.

Although Turkey, in the past, had to have repeated coups by the secular military in order to keep the masses from reestablishing a theocracy.

SBK
02-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Back in the time of JFK and such, didn't the dems basically have the same foreign democracy views that GW does now? Im wasn't around then, but it seems to me that GW would have been embraced by that crowd of dems.