PDA

View Full Version : Wooo Hoooo Phoenix

OldTownChief
02-02-2005, 12:55 AM
I'm going with my sis and bro to Phoenix in late April to see the Cup race, row 15 start/finish line. I've never been to a NASCAR race. It should be a blast. I have a niece that lives there so hopefully she'll know where to go party afterwards.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 01:01 AM
I think I know a guy that lives there.

OldTownChief
02-02-2005, 01:03 AM

I was there about 12 years ago in July and it was hotter than hell. I hope April is a little toned down.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 01:06 AM
I was there about 12 years ago in July and it was hotter than hell. I hope April is a little toned down.
It starts hitting triple digits in March.

You could have a mild day in April, I guess.

I don't go out much during the day... so, my perception is skewed.

tk13
02-02-2005, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I know of him, he's that one jerk that's always bragging about the weather...

OldTownChief
02-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I know of him, he's that one jerk that's always bragging about the weather...

I don't want to hear about no "guys" that live there. Point me towards some bitches in heat. My wifes not going.

2bikemike
02-02-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm going with my sis and bro to Phoenix in late April to see the Cup race, row 15 start/finish line. I've never been to a NASCAR race. It should be a blast. I have a niece that lives there so hopefully she'll know where to go party afterwards.

I used to go there every year for the October race. I would like to make a race this year to see Mark Martin in his final season.

You should have a good time. I will let the Arizonians point you to the better party places.

Fairplay
02-02-2005, 01:51 AM
My alienated brother lives down in Phoenix. Long story on him. Hes a brother you can look up to and have fun with, but can also piss you off.
I should try to contact him one day.

OldTownChief
02-02-2005, 01:59 AM
My sister and brother in law want to drive down there in the van, it will be six of us on the road for 15 hours. I've never been on the road for more than four hours. I tried to talk them into hopping a plane but they think it's more fun this way.

tk13
02-02-2005, 02:06 AM
My sister and brother in law want to drive down there in the van, it will be six of us on the road for 15 hours. I've never been on the road for more than four hours. I tried to talk them into hopping a plane but they think it's more fun this way.
You coming from KC? That isn't really the most scenic drive in the world. There really isn't an interstate into Phoenix from the east, you've gotta go through Flagstaff and come south down the mountains or go all the way south through Tucson and come back up north. It doesn't really bother me but it seems like I am able to stand spending all day in a car better than most people. If you've really never been in a car for more than 4 hours it should be an experience for you.

OldTownChief
02-02-2005, 02:08 AM
You coming from KC? That isn't really the most scenic drive in the world. There really isn't an interstate into Phoenix from the east, you've gotta go through Flagstaff and come south down the mountains or go all the way south through Tucson and come back up north. It doesn't really bother me but it seems like I am able to stand spending all day in a car better than most people. If you've really never been in a car for more than 4 hours it should be an experience for you.

We'll be coming from Wichita so the route will probably be as bad. I think I'll be okay on the trip there but I'm dreading the trip home.

tk13
02-02-2005, 02:19 AM
We'll be coming from Wichita so the route will probably be as bad. I think I'll be okay on the trip there but I'm dreading the trip home.
Yeah, you should be able to make that in one day. There really isn't a whole lot along the way though, north Texas and New Mexico aren't exactly the most exciting states to drive across. I enjoy it though, that's life, experiencing stuff like that. You haven't lived until you're in the middle of nowhere, New Mexico, and you can hit the "seek" button on the radio and watch the dial go all the way around over and over again because you can't find a station. :)

OldTownChief
02-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah, you should be able to make that in one day. There really isn't a whole lot along the way though, north Texas and New Mexico aren't exactly the most exciting states to drive across. I enjoy it though, that's life, experiencing stuff like that. You haven't lived until you're in the middle of nowhere, New Mexico, and you can hit the "seek" button on the radio and watch the dial go all the way around over and over again because you can't find a station. :)

I've already told my daughter I will be needing her mp3 player and a lot of disks. I'm goint to try to get the brother in law out of the drivers seat. I don't mind it so much if I'm driving.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 08:04 AM
ROFL Driving through desert sounds like lots of fun.