PDA

View Full Version : Big ups to Top Ramen

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2005, 06:29 AM
This "Cajun Chicken" flavor is really tasty.

Gaz
02-02-2005, 06:34 AM
I know it sounds nuts, but I miss ramen noodles. I used to eat them for lunch all the time.

xoxo~
Gaz
Jonesing for some carbs.

1adam1238
02-02-2005, 07:17 AM
This "Cajun Chicken" flavor is really tasty.

That brings back a lot of memmories of my college days......sounds like you need to get you a woman who can cook for you.

jspchief
02-02-2005, 07:31 AM
So the question is, how do you eat them?

Sometimes I make the "soup" as the package directions say to. But my preferred method is to drain the water off and just mix the seasoning pack with the wet noodles. It makes kind of an oriental noodle.

By the way, Ramen is terribly unhealthy.

Cochise
02-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Sometimes I make the "soup" as the package directions say to. But my preferred method is to drain the water off and just mix the seasoning pack with the wet noodles. It makes kind of an oriental noodle.

That's the way that I do it. I don't like it the soup way.

SCTrojan
02-02-2005, 07:42 AM
[font=Garamond][size=4]
I know it sounds nuts, but I miss ramen noodles. I used to eat them for lunch all the time.

I know this is nuts, but I still eat them all the time for lunch. Ate them as a kid, at them as college, feed them to my two children.

milkman
02-02-2005, 07:48 AM

By the way, Ramen is terribly unhealthy.

I simply follow the package directions, and add curry powder.
Lots of curry powder.
Then I add chicken, or ham, or bacon.

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2005, 08:30 AM

By the way, Ramen is terribly unhealthy.You're supposed to leave the noodles in the water after you cook them?

I've always drained before mixing the seasoning with the noodles.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Ramen kicks ass. I still eat them. Because I want to.

jspchief
02-02-2005, 09:12 AM
You're supposed to leave the noodles in the water after you cook them?

Thats kind of what I thought. But when I told my friends thats how I do it, none of them had ever tried it that way.

I do it "soup style" on a rare occasion, but normally just do straight up noodles.

I've tried every imaginable add-on...cheese, tuna, lunch meat. You name it, I've probaly tried it. Not suprisingly, most of it tastes horrible. Canned chicken is about the best add-on I've found, and always some ground cayenne pepper.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Ramen sucks ass. There's a reason it only costs a nickel for a months supply.

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2005, 09:19 AM
Ramen sucks ass. There's a reason it only costs a nickel for a months supply.Actually, the reason it only costs a nickel for a month's supply is that God loves those of us who like ramen. It's his way of saying, "Here. Have a little manna. You want Hot & Spicy? Have at it! Some Chicken? Fine. But may I suggest Cajun Chicken? It's delightful."

KcMizzou
02-02-2005, 10:28 AM
I've tried every imaginable add-on...cheese, tuna, lunch meat. You name it, I've probaly tried it. Not suprisingly, most of it tastes horrible. Canned chicken is about the best add-on I've found, and always some ground cayenne pepper. If you do it on the stove.. drop and egg in while it's boiling, and stir it up. Poor man's egg-drop soup.