PDA

View Full Version : So Long Sosa

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Well today is the day Sammy officially gets the boot. As a Cubs fan I kinda sad to see him go, he did alot for baseball. But Sammy this past year hurt the Cubs. He always swings for the fences, thus sticking out way too much, and has been banged up. Now the Cubs still should have made the playoffs with all their problems, but I think they needed a shake up with the team.

The Cubs lost some 80 HR, and 200 RBI with the departure of Sosa and Alou, but I really think this is going to be a better team, especially if Wood could put together a solid year, and Prior returns to form.

The Cubs have a deal in play with Burnitz, which scares the crap out of me, but outside of Coors Field the NL Central has plent of parks where its easy to hit the ball out. There are also reports that they have offered Mags the same deal as the Tigers did.

All the Cubs need to do is be in the playoff hunt in July, by then they can make a deal for an outfielder and make a run.

I'm sad to see Sammy go, but it was time.

Go Cubs!

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Sammy is a girls' name.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Yep, he's a little Bitch.

I'm sure he will have one hell of a year in Balt. Since he will be playing for his next contract.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-02-2005, 10:06 AM
Yep, he's a little Bitch.

I'm sure he will have one hell of a year in Balt. Since he will be playing for his next contract.
I was just messin' anyway. I'd take him and his girls' name in KC.

Cochise
02-02-2005, 10:07 AM
isn't much without the juice

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:07 AM
I was just messin' anyway. I'd take him and his girls' name in KC.
I really wanted him to go to a team like KC, I thought it would have put a lot of life in a place like that

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:08 AM
I agree, another reason to dump him. Anyone notice that Bonds is just now haveing knee surgery? Kinda late in the off season, I wonder if he needs extra time to clense his system?

KCFalcon59
02-02-2005, 10:08 AM

or cork.

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2005, 10:16 AM
The Cubs have a deal in play with BurnitzThat would blow.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:17 AM
I agree, outside of Coors he hit like .172