PDA

View Full Version : Free at last, free at last...

JazzzLovr
02-02-2005, 02:27 PM
I don't like my boss.

Not only is he a complete moron, but he seems to think that women shouldn't be allowed in the computer field. (This was actually an observation that one of my male co-workers made one day.) There are only two female technicians on his team, and both of us got left out of a pretty important 2-day training class on a new software rollout.

Then he had the nerve to complain that I wasn't taking tickets that involved problems with this software that he wouldn't train me for.

The fact that I don't feel the need to share every thought that enters my head also always seemed to make him uncomfortable.

He's never on time, and he rarely puts in the minimum 40-hour week. He told me once that a few years ago when a new company took over, there were 4 techs on this team. Of the four, he had been employed here the longest, so the new company appointed him as the new supervisor, based on seniority alone.

Last summer, for two blissful weeks, I worked in a different department. I got along well with everyone there and was enjoying and excelling at my new job. Then, due to some bureaucratic red tape, I got sent right back here to work for the dipshit again.

But there is now a light at the end of the tunnel. I interviewed this week for a new job and just received word today that I got the job. As an added bonus, it starts next week, so he's getting two days notice instead of two weeks.

When I went to the interview, they walked me to a conference room, and just during that brief amount of time, I saw 3 people that I knew from working at Gateway a couple of years ago. I saw a couple more walk through the lobby while I was waiting, and one more applying for the same job that day (there were 16 positions available). It's going to feel like home! :)

Oh, and Darkwolfe got a job there too. But he actually likes his current boss. :)

Donger
02-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Not only is he a complete moron, but he seems to think that women shouldn't be allowed in the computer field.

I agree, although I'd add a few things like driving and voting, too.

Mr. Laz
Not only is he a complete moron, but he seems to think that women shouldn't be allowed in the computer field.
they shouldn't ...

women should stay home and stay nekkid for their man :thumb:

lingerie is an acceptable substitute as long as its slutty lingerie :p

Lzen
Congrats, Jazz. :thumb:

Brock
02-02-2005, 02:31 PM
You need to get into that kitchen and start making some noise with those pots and pans! ;)

siberian khatru
02-02-2005, 02:32 PM
So, what you're saying is, you DON'T need me to whack your boss now?

JazzzLovr
they shouldn't ...

women should stay home and stay nekkid for their man :thumb:

What's wrong with doing both?

:evil:

ENDelt260
Getting new jobs is fun.

Unfortunately, they all turn out the same. They expect me to show up every day... do work... all kinds of bullshit. Hey man, I just wanna sit at home on my ass all day and have you guys deposit a grand or so in my checking account every week. Is that so much to ask?

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Oh, and uh congratulations and shit.

Hoover
02-02-2005, 02:33 PM
I always get defensive when someone says their Boss doesn't do shit, but I see what you mean.

As an Owner/Boss, I work all the time, most of it when no one else is in the office. But if this dude works for a company and is a lazy ass, I see the difference.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Good for you, Jazzz....congrats. :thumb:

Darkwolfe
02-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh, and Darkwolfe got a job there too. But he actually likes his current boss. :)

True, my current boss is pretty cool, but temp jobs just don't have a future. Grab the $$ and run. :)

I'm being really really good right now and NOT making jokes about your thread title Jazzz. :evil:

journeyscarab
02-02-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey can you get me on?

Congrats on getting out of that situation. Unfortunately, I work for an IT company ran by someone who cannot even print their own emails (I kid you not) - yet insists they can sell potential customers on the technical aspects of our products.

dilligaf
02-02-2005, 02:38 PM
If it makes you feel better, my boss is a dipshit also. Nothing worse than the son of the owner. :cuss:

JazzzLovr
02-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Hey can you get me on?

Congrats on getting out of that situation. Unfortunately, I work for an IT company ran by someone who cannot even print their own emails (I kid you not) - yet insists they can sell potential customers on the technical aspects of our products.

Yikes. Sent ya a PM.

Iowanian
02-02-2005, 02:54 PM
"we hear you've been missing alot of work lately Tammy"

"I wouldn't say...I've been Miiiiisssing it, Bob"

"Tammy, You've got middle management potential written all over you"

Don't forget your stapler when you leave, JazzMilton.

wutamess
02-02-2005, 02:55 PM
When I went to the interview, they walked me to a conference room, and just during that brief amount of time, I saw 3 people that I knew from working at Gateway a couple of years ago. I saw a couple more walk through the lobby while I was waiting, and one more applying for the same job that day (there were 16 positions available). It's going to feel like home! :)

Lemme guess?
Local telecommunications company.
(contract work)?

morphius
02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Congrats Jazz! What are you going to be doing at the new job?

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-02-2005, 03:05 PM
CONGRATS TAMMIE!!!!

This isn't gonna cut into your time to do computer favors for me is it?

:thumb:

PBJ

chiefs4me
02-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Congrats to you Jazz,,hope the new job is great.

Bowser
02-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Feels good to exhale after so long, doesn't it? Good luck.

And I think this thread has more words in it typed by you than I have read from you total in the year I have been here.

:D

JazzzLovr
02-02-2005, 03:47 PM
And I think this thread has more words in it typed by you than I have read from you total in the year I have been here.

:D

:LOL: Oh, on the contrary, I can type novel-sized posts at times. I just don't speak. ;)

badgirl
02-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Any job seems the same to me in this medical field I'm in, it ALL sucks.

When i worked in Cardiac Intensive Care, I was considered a unit tech, bullshit, fancy name for a cna is all, but I did pull femoral artery lines, after they did an angiogram, stressful as hell doing that, anyhoo, shit always rolls down hill, RNs sat there getting fatter, with a fat paycheck, didn't use LPN's there , and then there was "us". Worked our asses off, but I do wish I still had that job, had great insurance, and now that my kids are gone it wouldn't have cost much at all.

Phobia
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Congrats to you JazzHello - commatard on the loose.hope the new job is great.

Heh heh.

Cracks me up every time.

Congrats on getting out of there. I hope you have a speech worked out so you can really speak your mind in your exit interview....

Bowser
02-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Heh heh.

Cracks me up every time.

Congrats on getting out of there. I hope you have a speech worked out so you can really speak your mind in your exit interview....

If you really wanted to be a turd, you could shorten the popup to TWO commas............

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 03:53 PM
If you really wanted to be a turd, you could shorten the popup to TWO commas............

Maybe that's already happened. ;)

Bowser
02-02-2005, 03:55 PM

Heh. :thumb:

Skip Towne
02-02-2005, 04:07 PM

jiveturkey
02-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Lemme guess?
Local telecommunications company.
(contract work)?Sprint Helpdesk is the worst.

It's the only place in town that hires 20 people a month and is still loses 25 people at the same time.

Skip Towne
02-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Yep, two commas is all it takes.

Nzoner
02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Heh heh.

Cracks me up every time.

yep,that's funny stuff Phil.

TAMMIE CONGRATS AND ALL THAT!!!

go bowe
02-02-2005, 04:28 PM
congrats, jazzy lady!! :toast:

good luck on the new job... :thumb:

and 2 days notice is plenty for azzholes like your current boss...

journeyscarab
02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
2 days - I'd give em 2 seconds notice.

go bowe
02-02-2005, 04:31 PM
:LOL: Oh, on the contrary, I can type novel-sized posts at times. I just don't speak. ;)oh that's not true...

i've met you in person and i distinctly heard at least one or two words actually spoken by you...

or was that morphius?

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
oh that's not true...

i've met you in person and i distinctly heard at least one or two words actually spoken by you...

or was that morphius?
If you hang out with her long enough she starts talking.

Course, in my case it was just to make fun of me.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-02-2005, 04:39 PM
2 days - I'd give em 2 seconds notice.
Yea.... I'd call him and tell him on Monday while on my way to my new job.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Yea.... I'd call him and tell him on Monday while on my way to my new job.
Hell, don't give any notice. See how many paychecks they'll mail ya before they fire you.

morphius
02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
oh that's not true...

or was that morphius?
Yeah, I think the first time we met Jazz talked more then I did. Sooo pathetic. Of course I was kind of stuck between her and Pink, one who doesn't talk and the other that doesn't like me. Maybe I should blame it on Clint, he wasn't rude, loud or angry, so I have no idea how to act.

Phobia
02-02-2005, 05:32 PM
If you hang out with her long enough she starts talking.

Course, in my case it was just to make fun of me.

She talks for a while and then she stops again. I don't understand it. I tried to put my finger on it, but that greywolf dude got jealous and threatened to slap me.

Phobia
02-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I think the first time we met Jazz talked more then I did. Sooo pathetic. Of course I was kind of stuck between her and Pink, one who doesn't talk and the other that doesn't like me.

Are you saying Pink doesn't like you? Heh - dude, I know you were expecting a blow job, but she saves all those for me these days. Don't take it personally.

morphius
02-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Are you saying Pink doesn't like you? Heh - dude, I know you were expecting a blow job, but she saves all those for me these days. Don't take it personally.
LOL! Well, she did finally start giving me some shit about the 4th time we met.

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I think the first time we met Jazz talked more then I did. Sooo pathetic. Of course I was kind of stuck between her and Pink, one who doesn't talk and the other that doesn't like me. Maybe I should blame it on Clint, he wasn't rude, loud or angry, so I have no idea how to act.pink doesn't like you?

that's not the way it looked from the other side of the table... :p

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:42 PM
She talks for a while and then she stops again. I don't understand it. I tried to put my finger on it, but that greywolf dude got jealous and threatened to slap me.ROFL ROFL ROFL

wait a second, geywolf?

isn't jazzy lady's friend darkwolfe or something like that?

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Are you saying Pink doesn't like you? Heh - dude, I know you were expecting a blow job, but she saves all those for me these days. Don't take it personally.some guys have all the luck... :deevee:

Dartgod
02-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Ever since we we gave you broads the right to vote, everythings gone to hell.

;) Congrats, Tammie...

Donger
02-02-2005, 05:46 PM
You people have actually met each other?

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:47 PM
You people have actually met each other?yeah, it's part of the application process...

the interview is usually right after you pass the pee test...

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 05:48 PM

That club in Miami Beach....Birdcage...? Or somethin' like that...

Phobia
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM

It's crazy. Some of us even sleep with one another. It's just like an online dating service. Complete your profile and send your $99.95 and I'll set you up with RaiderHader.

Donger
02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
yeah, it's part of the application process...

the interview is usually right after you pass the pee test...

Oh.

What kind of pee test? Distance? Color? Odor?

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 05:50 PM
It's crazy. Some of us even sleep with one another. It's just like an online dating service. Complete your profile and send your $99.95 and I'll set you up with RaiderHader.

Now, Phil....you know Jamie is savin' himself for ENDelt's "conversion" and Texas's legalization of "civil unions."

Donger
02-02-2005, 05:52 PM

No thanks.

Over the years, I've learned that the fewer people I meet, the better.

I tend to scare people.

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:55 PM
It's crazy. Some of us even sleep with one another. It's just like an online dating service. Complete your profile and send your $99.95 and I'll set you up with RaiderHader.say, wait a minute...

you charged me $250... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Skip Towne
02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Congrats, Tammie.

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Oh.

What kind of pee test? Distance? Color? Odor?i think it depends on which mod is doing the testing...

go bowe
02-02-2005, 05:57 PM
No thanks.

Over the years, I've learned that the fewer people I meet, the better.

I tend to scare people.well, you'd fit right in with the kc crew... :thumb:

Phobia
02-02-2005, 06:09 PM
say, wait a minute...

you charged me $250... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Donger got the penis affiliated name discount. Sorry about that.

JazzzLovr
02-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Ever since we we gave you broads the right to vote, everythings gone to hell.

Careful there, "Dartie." :D

;) Congrats, Tammie...

big nasty kcnut
02-02-2005, 07:20 PM
Awesome jazz just remember to tell him that your jazzlovr and you just keeping it real

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 07:34 PM
i think it depends on which mod is doing the testing...

Tammie would never dare challenge us to a "distance" test....heh, heh.