PDA

View Full Version : appy Happy Joy Joy! New TV Thread

Braincase
02-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Just in time for the Superbowl, a brand new Sony 51" HDTV, running through my new MOXI (TIVO-esque) box, combined with a new JVC DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM & VCR combo.

I got so sick of thinking about Fat Elvis' setup and all you cats that have Tivo and HDTV. Picked up a little bonus for my trips to Okinawa, Ramstein, and another for San Fran in a few weeks, and I decided to treat myself and the family to a little entertainment system.

Glad I did too - I bought tix for Sesame Street Live Sunday afternoon... and I'm gonna need that MOXI up and going to tape the freakin' Superbowl. :banghead:

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 03:42 PM
You're gonna be at Sesame Street f*cking Live during the Super Bowl?!?!?!

shakesthecat
02-02-2005, 03:45 PM

No sh!t.
I'd would post that even if I had a gun to my head.

SPchief
02-02-2005, 03:47 PM

No Sh1t!!! It's the freaking super bowl for crying out loud

Braincase
02-02-2005, 03:49 PM

The Chiefs aren't in it. I'll miss part of the first quarter. No biggie. After spending a better part of the last month out of the country, I need to do some special stuff with my kids.

If anybody'es got a problem with that, you're free to come over and tell me to my face. I could use the exercise. Gotta new bottle of bactine to break in on my knuckles...

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 03:52 PM
If anybody'es got a problem with that, you're free to come over and tell me to my face. I could use the exercise. Gotta new bottle of bactine to break in on my knuckles...

Can we go out for beers after? I don't mind getting my ass kicked if there's beer in it for me.

Lzen
02-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I'll be at your place on Sunday. :D

Fat Elvis's setup is something to make you jealous, no doubt.

Seriously, sounds like a great setup. Sesame Street? What are you, Ned Flanders? :p j/k It's a very nice thing for you to do with the family. That's what I call being a good father. :thumb:

Calcountry
02-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Yeah, all them youngins can do is think of is themselves.
Way to go man. :thumb:

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Say... this reminds me of a stereo system I saw at a guy's house a few weeks ago... lemme see if I can find something similar online. Shit was insane.

Boozer
02-02-2005, 04:25 PM
I'll be at your place on Sunday. :D

Fat Elvis's setup is something to make you jealous, no doubt.

Seriously, sounds like a great setup. Sesame Street? What are you, Ned Flanders? :p j/k It's a very nice thing for you to do with the family. That's what I call being a good father. :thumb:

So you're volunteering to host a watch party for the first away game next season? :)

Lzen
02-02-2005, 04:27 PM
So you're volunteering to host a watch party for the first away game next season? :)

Umm, not sure how you came to that conclusion. My house isn't that big but hey, I'm game for anything. :)

Boozer
02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Umm, not sure how you came to that conclusion. My house isn't that big but hey, I'm game for anything. :)

My bad, I meant to direct that to BrainCase. Although I can't be sure, I think my post was originally intended to contain some sort of witty remark about watching the Super Bowl at his house anyway, but my funny well was drier than usual.

Robio9
02-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Nice setup! How do you like your Moxi so far? Which broadband company provides the box, and how much does it cost?

Braincase
02-02-2005, 05:31 PM

Can't say I have a problem with that...

Braincase
02-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Nice setup! How do you like your Moxi so far? Which broadband company provides the box, and how much does it cost?

Well, I turned two old cable boxes back in, and went with one Moxi/HighDef package, so my net increase on the bill was about $25.00 bucks a month, about 17% of my raise this year. I figured I'm worth it. Funny thing, with the Moxi, I ought to be completely caught up on the game by halftime...

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, I turned two old cable boxes back in, and went with one Moxi/HighDef package, so my net increase on the bill was about $25.00 bucks a month, about 17% of my raise this year. I figured I'm worth it. Funny thing, with the Moxi, I ought to be completely caught up on the game by halftime...
But, but... advertisers spent MILLIONS upon millions of dollars on those commercials! You're just gonna fast forward through them?

Braincase
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
But, but... advertisers spent MILLIONS upon millions of dollars on those commercials! You're just gonna fast forward through them?

Hey, the good ones I can go back and watch later...

BIG_DADDY
02-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Congrats Braincase. What day are you showing up in the bay area?

Fat Elvis
02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Lemme know how you like that Moxi. Mrs. Fat E and I were looking at one of those.....

go bowe
02-02-2005, 06:50 PM
The Chiefs aren't in it. I'll miss part of the first quarter. No biggie. After spending a better part of the last month out of the country, I need to do some special stuff with my kids.

If anybody'es got a problem with that, you're free to come over and tell me to my face. I could use the exercise. Gotta new bottle of bactine to break in on my knuckles...yeah, a real tough guy...

you're probably three feet tall and weigh 200 pounds... :p

go bowe
02-02-2005, 06:52 PM
My bad, I meant to direct that to BrainCase. Although I can't be sure, I think my post was originally intended to contain some sort of witty remark about watching the Super Bowl at his house anyway, but my funny well was drier than usual.funny well, huh?

well that's a lot better than some people around here that pull their funnies out of their ass...

like that go bo guy...

Braincase
02-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Congrats Braincase. What day are you showing up in the bay area?

Looks like the 20th Late, but I'll probably be coming home on Saturday, so I'll have a few free evenings. And no way do we drink like we did the last time. No way....