PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: Your $4,000 in spending money.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 04:49 PM
First, imagine that Carl Peterson has left.

Second, imagine that William Bartee and Eric Hicks have retired.

Third, imagine that Gunther has built a defense to match the offense.

Fourth, imagine that the Chiefs have soundly defeated the Wichita Gaz-elles in the AFC championship game and are headed to the Super Bowl to compete against the Salt Lake City Gazernacles.

Fifth, imagine that you're the 32nd caller to beer me's radio show, and you win the Grand Prize by correctly answering the trivia question about which Chief once lost his girlfriend to Marty.

Sixth, imagine the Grand Prize is either two tickets and airfare and hotel and stuff to the Super Bowl, valued at $4,000, OR a $4,000 big screen TV setup so you can watch the Super Bowl at home.

Seventh, imagine that you have to make a decision between the two.

Eighth, imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people, living for todayyyyyy.

Actually, you can stop at seven.

Saulbadguy
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Superbowl, definately.

go bowe
02-02-2005, 04:51 PM
well, what are we supposed do after all this imagining?

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Super Bowl. Easy.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 04:52 PM
well, what are we supposed do after all this imagining?

Rock the vote.

Count Zarth
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Neither option appeals to me. Can I just take the 4 grand and stow it?

go bowe
02-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Rock the vote.ok, i'd go to the game, no matter what it took, but i'll gladly take the deal from beer me's radio station...

once in a lifetime event, like our own woodstock (the original one in '69)...

go bowe
02-02-2005, 04:54 PM
Neither option appeals to me. Can I just take the 4 grand and stow it?joke involving fudge packing or bung hole in 4... 3... 2...

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Neither option appeals to me. Can I just take the 4 grand and stow it?

If you do not accept either option, the money will be donated to a local program that provides "How to be an activist" literature to college students who score in the lowest decile of the SAT.

ENDelt260
02-02-2005, 04:55 PM
As usual, gochiefs is trying to make up his own rules.

Count Zarth
02-02-2005, 04:56 PM
If you do not accept either option, the money will be donated to a local program that provides "How to be an activist" literature to college students who score in the lowest decile of the SAT.

I guess I'll take the TV then....I can always sell it.

Rain Man
02-02-2005, 05:00 PM
I guess I'll take the TV then....I can always sell it.

By contract, if you sell it, the money goes to the legal defense fund of that woman who hit the homeless guy and drove home with him stuck in her windshield.

|Zach|
02-02-2005, 05:01 PM
I would want the awesome TV and entertainment center. I have thought about this before, as amazing as it would be to see them in Superbowl I would rather watch it with my friends and family that have gone through the Chiefs "hard times" so we could all enjoy a SB win together.

Count Zarth
02-02-2005, 05:04 PM
By contract, if you sell it, the money goes to the legal defense fund of that woman who hit the homeless guy and drove home with him stuck in her windshield.

I'm her lawyer.

Phobia
02-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Chiefs SuperBowl may be a once in a lifetime experience.... You can always buy a $4000 entertainment center - if you postpone a year, you can probably get the same setup for $2000. But there may not be another Chiefs superbowl.

Imagine how kickass you'd be if you had been to a Chiefs SuperBowl. Out of the 4,000 people on this board, I don't know of anybody who attended either SuperBowl.

CosmicPal
02-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Chiefs SuperBowl may be a once in a lifetime experience.... You can always buy a $4000 entertainment center - if you postpone a year, you can probably get the same setup for $2000. But there may not be another Chiefs superbowl.

Imagine how kickass you'd be if you had been to a Chiefs SuperBowl. Out of the 4,000 people on this board, I don't know of anybody who attended either SuperBowl.

I share the same sentiment. A live experience is almost always better than watching it on TV. Particularly sex.

HemiEd
02-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Super bowl, what a nice thing that would be, damn it has been a long drought!

Calcountry
02-02-2005, 06:51 PM
I would take the tix, post em up here at teh Planet, use the cash to pay down debt, and watch them on TV, as I have for the past 35 years.

Ultra Peanut
02-02-2005, 07:00 PM
I'd want the TV. It's the prize that keeps on giving.

You can always buy a $4000 entertainment centerMust be nice to be Mr. Moneybags.

whoman69
02-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Imagine all the people, living life in peace

Hoover
02-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I'd go. I was thinking about that today on my drive home. If the Chiefs ever go to the Super Bowl, I want to be there. I know the game is made for TV, but this is my one team that I really love, the one team that I will always cheer for no mater how good or bad they are.

SCTrojan
02-02-2005, 07:19 PM
No question, I'd go. SDChiefs and I have talked about this before. If they ever make it to the big game, we'll go even if we don't have tickets. We'll party in the parking lot and watch it on TV, but, by God, we'll have been there.

cdcox
02-02-2005, 07:24 PM
I don't know of anybody who attended either SuperBowl.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure I am the only one here who watched SBIV in Endicott, NY.

Mr. Kotter
02-02-2005, 07:49 PM
No question, I'd go. SDChiefs and I have talked about this before. If they ever make it to the big game, we'll go even if we don't have tickets. We'll party in the parking lot and watch it on TV, but, by God, we'll have been there.

Amen. We are gonna go for it too...with or without tickets. :thumb:

Boozer
02-02-2005, 07:59 PM
I picked the ticket option, because it's (at best, unfortunately) a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. That said, I suspect that the actual game atmosphere at a Super Bowl sucks due to the presumably-disinterested and well-behaved crowd. But still, Chiefs Super Bowl!

FYI to non-Chiefs fans: Yes, I put this much effort into deciding how I'll spend my Powerball millions.

RedandGold
02-02-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd be all over the tickets!!! The experience of a Chiefs Super Bowl would have greater value over my lifetime than simply winning a TV.

I can go to Circuit City anytime I want to get a big screen. The same can't be said for a Chiefs Super Bowl appearance.

Spott
02-02-2005, 08:55 PM
I'd take the Super Bowl tickets, sell them for twice the price on Ebay, and then spend the money on booze and strippers.