PDA

View Full Version : The Democratic response is pathetic

chris
02-02-2005, 09:30 PM
This is the best Nancy and Harry can do?????

The three Iraqi solutions Nancy just stated are like....Duh!!!

I'm tired of bitching...and no credilble solutions.

Now she is saying that the Repubs by themselves didn;t provide sufficient military equipment.

Pathetic!

We won't have a true two party system until the Democratics get new leadership.

Cochise
02-02-2005, 09:31 PM
we were just talking about it here: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=109542

I agree, wooden, boring, terrible.

InChiefsHell
02-02-2005, 09:50 PM
fwiw, it would suck following that speech...but it's worse when you are a whiney Democrat...

Iowanian
02-02-2005, 09:52 PM
Why did Michael Jackson give the 2nd half of that speech.

I'd think he'd be better off preparing his own defense than 5 minutes of "nooo, thath ign-erent"

bkkcoh
02-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Not to pick on looks, but didn't it look like nancy had 2 sets of eye brows..... She looked spooky, I could almost imagine "Witchy Woman" playing in the back ground.

Cochise
"nooo, thath ign-erent"

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

RINGLEADER
First I thought Bob Shrum wrote their speeches. Now I'm convinced Lorne Michaels wrote it...

RINGLEADER
02-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Not to pick on looks, but didn't it look like nancy had 2 sets of eye brows..... She looked spooky, I could almost imagine "Witchy Woman" playing in the back ground.

It looks like someone sewed strings above her eyes and into the corners of her mouth and they're pulling as hard as they can...

bkkcoh
02-02-2005, 09:55 PM
It looks like someone sewed strings above her eyes and into the corners of her mouth and they're pulling as hard as they can...

Speaking of face lifts, I can't wait until NIP/TUCK is back on at the end of June.

Cochise
02-02-2005, 09:55 PM

jcl-kcfan2
02-02-2005, 09:59 PM
I loved the totally stoopid way thier response started, the fake Rockwellian imagery just about made me fall out of my chair laughing!! Do they really think anyone could believe that story of the little boy with the skateboard?? Totally hillarious stuff.

RINGLEADER
02-02-2005, 10:01 PM
I loved the totally stoopid way thier response started, the fake Rockwellian imagery just about made me fall out of my chair laughing!! Do they really think anyone could believe that story of the little boy with the skateboard?? Totally hillarious stuff.

Right down to the racially neutral name...I'm sure the Dems spent a pretty penny focus-testing that one...

Iowanian
02-02-2005, 10:03 PM
I thought that guy looked like the Howdy-Doody on miss Jackson's lap.

RINGLEADER
02-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Listening to the Dem responses (albeit about 20 minutes behind the rest of you thanks to Tivo) all I can say is that judging from their responses this was a home run for Bush. Not on presentation or soaring rhetoric, but in the masterful way it has successfully painted the Dems as the party that has no ideas and can only say "no".

2bikemike
02-02-2005, 10:18 PM

Wait till that little boy grows up and learns what Democrat really means. He'll look back on that day and go " Man I was a dumb kid"

RINGLEADER
02-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Can you imagine if Kerry had won and had given this speech? Instead of seeing a voter from Iraq embrace the parents of a soldier who had both lost so much to the same enemy we would have had Chirac in the gallery nodding approvingly.

:shudder:

RINGLEADER
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Can you imagine if Kerry had won and had given this speech? Instead of seeing a voter from Iraq embrace the parents of a soldier who had both lost so much to the same enemy we would have had Chirac in the gallery nodding approvingly.

:shudder:

I was curious as to how long it would take the far-left to start jumping up and down wetting themselves about the "hug" and how it was staged or fake.

The answer is that it didn't take long: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1560398

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Reid is a moderate dem, I thought he would have been more open to a change in Social Security, looks like he just was opperatng out of Daschel's playbook

SBK
02-02-2005, 11:48 PM
I like ol Pelosi talking about our troops and using the term "occupying forces."

Is it me or do they just flat out not understand that the whole world watches this stuff, and the garbled crap that they puke out can be used against us overseas?

Joe Seahawk
02-03-2005, 12:50 AM
I was curious as to how long it would take the far-left to start jumping up and down wetting themselves about the "hug" and how it was staged or fake.

The answer is that it didn't take long: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1560398

Their irrational hatred for Bush is bizarre.. They just freakin meltdown! :deevee:

Taco John
02-03-2005, 02:41 AM
I like ol Pelosi talking about our troops and using the term "occupying forces."

Is it me or do they just flat out not understand that the whole world watches this stuff, and the garbled crap that they puke out can be used against us overseas?

Bush has called it an occupation before. So what? I love how people like you are the first ones who decry political correctness, yet want everyone to talk on your politically correct terms when refering to your world view.

Fairplay
02-03-2005, 03:55 AM
I have a hard time focusing on what Nancy Pelosi is talking about because im to busy freakin out at her wide open eyes staring at you. I mean, i don't think she even blinks.

Cochise
02-03-2005, 06:19 AM
I have a hard time focusing on what Nancy Pelosi is talking about because im to busy freakin out at her wide open eyes staring at you. I mean, i don't think she even blinks.

After all that Botox and cosmetic surgery, maybe her eyelids close from the bottom now, like an alligator's do.

Baby Lee
02-03-2005, 07:21 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1560966&mesg_id=1560966

:shake:

InChiefsHell
02-03-2005, 07:47 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=1560966&mesg_id=1560966

:shake:

My God....please tell me this is NOT your average everyday democrat...those people suck....badly...

InChiefsHell
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM

She looked like a cyborg...I love how she stumbled a few times in her speech. Think the anti-Bushies would point that out? They are so quick to crap on GW about his various speech problems...

Course, he kicked their asses last night, so...

Fairplay
02-03-2005, 08:03 AM
Captioned: Im in your living room! On your TV! Listen to me! Do what i say! Look into my eyes! My doll like eyes!

alanm
02-03-2005, 08:24 AM
I thought that guy looked like the Howdy-Doody on miss Jackson's lap.
I thought more like Orville Reddenbacher.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 08:34 AM
I counted at least six times between the two of them that they mentioned "faith" and/or "God".

Cochise
02-03-2005, 08:39 AM
I counted at least six times between the two of them that they mentioned "faith" and/or "God".

Someone needs to tell them that putting on dancing shoes don't make them Fred Astaire :shake:

mlyonsd
02-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Someone needs to tell them that putting on dancing shoes don't make them Fred Astaire :shake:

It works for some on the board.

SBK
02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Bush has called it an occupation before. So what? I love how people like you are the first ones who decry political correctness, yet want everyone to talk on your politically correct terms when refering to your world view.

My point was that she could have used a different term. Bush said people didn't like being occupied, but he didn't call our forces "occupying forces." She could have used a different term and it wouldn't be used against our boys overseas.