Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:36 PM
How did bush do?

Hoover
02-02-2005, 10:37 PM
I think its the best I've seen him do.

Jenson71
02-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I'd rather choose "I'd don't give a shit" but had to settle with "who gives a shit?" even though I know there's many that do.

2bikemike
02-02-2005, 11:21 PM
While I thought it was very good I can't quite say great.

SBK
02-02-2005, 11:47 PM
I enjoyed it quite a bit. I love having a President that I can turn on the tv and have respect for again. 96-00 took way too long in my book.

Cochise
02-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Great, maybe not the best he's ever done but very good, I thought.

Taco John
02-03-2005, 02:33 AM
How did bush do?

Not really as good as Nader would have done, eh Greenie? We've heard it already. Nader's the greatest. Get over it already, HooveringNader.

patteeu
02-03-2005, 08:58 AM
While I thought it was very good I can't quite say great.

Ditto. I think he did a really good job, but I think I've seen him do better a couple of times. For an "inarticulate bumbler", he is pretty consistent about hitting home runs with his formal speeches.

siberian khatru
02-03-2005, 08:59 AM
I still think the Sept. 20, 2001 speech to Congress was his best ever.

Chief Henry
02-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Grand Slam Baby. He crushed it.

The boo's coming from the dems was classless.
And they wonder why they're getting punked in elections!

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Not really as good as Nader would have done, eh Greenie? We've heard it already. Nader's the greatest. Get over it already, HooveringNader.
Where do you get this Nader Stuff :D

SBK
02-03-2005, 09:20 AM
I still think the Sept. 20, 2001 speech to Congress was his best ever.

Yeah, that was a good one. Probably one of the best ever that a president has given. Just what we all needed to hear.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah, that was a good one. Probably one of the best ever that a president has given. Just what we all needed to hear.
I guess I was only talking about the State of the Union addresses, the speech on Sept 20th was the best because it was not political, just all american.

Garcia Bronco
02-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Again he's asked Congress to change the tax code, but will they do it? Propbably not for another two years when less democrats are in congress.

SBK
02-03-2005, 09:32 AM
Again he's asked Congress to change the tax code, but will they do it? Propbably not for another two years when less democrats are in congress.

Other than securing our country, this is the thing I am most excited to happen.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:42 AM
The tax code is just way too fu@ked up. Make it simple everyone pays the say % of their income.

If you make less than x amount you don't pay anything (like now).

Give tax credits to people with kids, and kids in college.

Garcia Bronco
02-03-2005, 09:49 AM
The tax code is just way too fu@ked up. Make it simple everyone pays the say % of their income.

If you make less than x amount you don't pay anything (like now).

Give tax credits to people with kids, and kids in college.

He also talked about strengthening community colleges which is a great thing....everybody doesn't need to go to blabla University.

How can any tax payer be against changing the tax code. The real bugger in all this is congress. Many fingers get pointed at the POTUS for both credit and blame in this country, when often it's congress that deserves it. In the case of a forkedup tax code...it belongs to Congress.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:52 AM
Community Colleges are a great tool for economic development.

You get the most bang for your buck out of them

Iowanian
02-03-2005, 10:25 AM
I too like the support for CCs. The fact is, that not everyone is cut out for a PHD. I'd also like to see more emphasis put into Trade schools, which I guess are usually associated with CCs. Carpetry, Deisel Mechanics, masons..........There are alot of Trades where the vast majority of True Craftsmen are aging.

The Fact is, regardless of the Money thrown at education and CCs....it usually comes down to the motivation and work of the Person who wants it vs those that want a free Ride or are happy as a $5 gopher.

HC_Chief
02-03-2005, 10:52 AM

No doubt. I went to a CC for two years... first semester, $25 per credit hour!!!!!

Third semester - on, was free (4.0 gpa) ;)

Best part about CCs = small classes. You have as much time with the professors as necessary. You're never rushed and you don't have to make an appointment to discuss classwork.

Chief Henry
02-03-2005, 10:53 AM

Dam Right. We have an excellent JUCO right hear in Southern Iowa
called Indian Hills COmmunity College. It is such a HUGE assett to our
community and area.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 10:54 AM
The best part about CC's is people who attend them stay in the area and work and pay taxes. Unlike the Unbiversity of Iowa which is funded to the hilt, and most of its grads go to another state to work.

Chief Henry
02-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I too like the support for CCs. The fact is, that not everyone is cut out for a PHD. I'd also like to see more emphasis put into Trade schools, which I guess are usually associated with CCs. Carpetry, Deisel Mechanics, masons..........There are alot of Trades where the vast majority of True Craftsmen are aging.

The Fact is, regardless of the Money thrown at education and CCs....it usually comes down to the motivation and work of the Person who wants it vs those that want a free Ride or are happy as a $5 gopher.

REP for sure

Calcountry
02-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Bush has made it clear, he is a big spending liberal Republican who believes in wide open borders with Mexico.

He was the best alternative between Kerry and him, it just means we will go bankrupt at a slower pace.

Cochise
02-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Bush has made it clear, he is a big spending liberal Republican who believes in wide open borders with Mexico.

He was the best alternative between Kerry and him, it just means we will go bankrupt at a slower pace.

We do need someone to press the Republican party to keep spending under control. But, with the Dems offering such token opposition to that, rather trying to get into a spending contest, what hope is there?

I'll take the lesser of the two evils... I guess.