View Full Version : Covitz: Priest says "I'll be ready"

tk13
02-03-2005, 01:26 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascitystar/sports/10800817.htm?1c

Holmes: ‘I'll be ready'
Chief says knee is better, looks forward to season

By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Chiefs running back Priest Holmes picked up an award during Super Bowl festivities Wednesday and pronounced his knee fit for 2005.

“It's much better,'' said Holmes, who missed the final eight games of the 2004 season because of a knee injury, the second time in three years he finished a season on injured reserve.

“I'll be ready for next year,'' Holmes promised.

Because he missed the second half of last season, Holmes was surprised he was selected as the 2004 Snickers Hungriest Player of the Year for his performance in the Chiefs' 27-24 victory over Baltimore on Oct. 4. Holmes rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns. The award is determined by online voting.

And he was further surprised when the award was presented by his father, Herman Morris, a master sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserve who recently completed a 12-month volunteer tour of duty in a combat zone in Iraq.

After bursting through a life-sized Snickers wrapper, Holmes did a double take when he was presented a glass trophy (filled with Snickers bars) by his father, who was in full uniform, and accompanied by Holmes' mother, Norma Morris.

“It's great to have him home,'' Holmes said of his father. “He's done a tremendous job over there. I talked to my parents last week, and they made no mention of this … so they were as surprised as I was.''

In all, 30 players won Snickers Hungriest Player of the Week honors as selected by the “Monday Night Football” broadcast team. Snickers will make a $10,000 donation to Holmes' charitable foundation, Team Priest.

Miles
02-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Hopefully this will be a repeat of what happened in 03 with his hip injury.

Ari Chi3fs
02-03-2005, 02:09 AM
how poetic would it have been for his dad to be home from Iraq in time for Priest and the Chiefs vs the Eagles in teh Superbowl

:banghead:

Fairplay
02-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Yeah the Chiefs game at Baltimore was great. Probably the most fun to watch this season. Monday night football. Ray Lewis all miked up. He was getting owned by our offensive line and Priest running all over him, i loved it.

whoman69
02-03-2005, 05:16 AM
He's done, bring in LJ.

(just waiting for the sparks to fly)

We should be set at RB this year with Blaylock moving on, LJ will be the clear cut back up and should get considerable reps.

ZootedGranny
02-03-2005, 05:20 AM
After bursting through a life-sized Snickers wrapper

Someone get video of this.

And LOL @ Ray Lewis, "It's not possible! Look at the papers! It's not possible!"

Warrior5
02-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Someone get video of this.

And LOL @ Ray Lewis, "It's not possible! Look at the papers! It's not possible!"

"Baby Ruth and Three Musketeers are double-teaming me every play!"

chiefz
02-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Yeah the Chiefs game at Baltimore was great. Probably the most fun to watch this season. Monday night football. Ray Lewis all miked up. He was getting owned by our offensive line and Priest running all over him, i loved it.

Even Jordan Black put him on his ass!

Ray Lewis -> http://www.chiefshuddle.com/html/emoticons/grouplaugh.gif <- Chiefs fans