PDA

View Full Version : Coulter on Liberal Vision

SBK
02-03-2005, 08:39 AM
http://www.anncoulter.com

Since the press hasn't yet covered predictions we heard from liberals for the last year.........

IRAQ THE VOTE
February 2, 2005

In one of the grandest events in the history of the world, millions of Iraqis risked death on Sunday to vote in a free, democratic election. There were more than 100 attacks on polling stations by the "insurgents" (or "Islamic fascists," as authentic Americans call them). But the Iraqis voted –- Shia, Sunnis, women and an estimated 2,000 dead felons in Washington state.

Democrats haven't been this depressed since we captured Saddam Hussein.

On "Meet the Press," the Democrats' erstwhile presidential candidate, Sen. John Kerry, questioned the legitimacy of the election, saying, "(I)t's hard to say that something is legitimate when a whole portion of the country can't vote and doesn't vote."

Kerry warned Americans not to "overhype this election" — and if there's one guy who's good at calming down excited voters, it's John Kerry. Apparently, word didn't get out to the Iraqis, who were dancing and singing in the streets. (Isn't it great to see Muslims celebrating something other than the slaughter of Americans?)

Kerry's main advice to Bush was to reach out to the French. Curiously, this is also the Democrats' plan for fixing Social Security, dealing with North Korea and controlling the budget deficit: Reach out to the French!

Most amusingly, Kerry repeatedly quoted himself, as if he had called this one ball, shot and pocket: "You may recall that back in — well, there's no reason you would —but back in Fulton, Mo., during the campaign, I laid out four steps ..." (at that point the cameraman nodded off and NBC abruptly cut to color bars).

I remember what Kerry said during the campaign! What he and his fellow Democratic towel-biters said was that this election wasn't going to happen.

Kerry specifically addressed the scheduled Iraqi elections in his closing statement at the first presidential debate, saying: "They can't have an election right now. The president's not getting the job done." (Kerry's a genius! He won the debate!)

A few weeks later, his campaign manager, Mary Beth Cahill, said: "It's not safe enough to have elections, which are scheduled in January. There is no way that people could go to the polls in that country right now."

In order to have free elections, apparently we would have to ... reach out to the French! "The Kerry plan," Cahill said, "would be to have an international consensus, not to go it alone, to get other countries into Iraq with us, so that we could carry out elections and we could move Iraq to be a free nation."

And yet we somehow managed to have a free election in Iraq without the French.

In September, former president and Nobel Peace Prize-winner Jimmy Carter said on NBC's "Today": "I personally do not believe they're going to be ready for the election in January ... because there's no security there."

Democrat moneyman George Soros said in a speech to the National Press Club last fall: "All my experience ... has taught me that democracy cannot be imposed by military means." (But see: Germany, Japan, Nicaragua, Afghanistan and El Salvador.) Of course Soros' "experience" consists mostly of liberating billions of dollars from the captivity of other people's bank accounts. He's a regular Douglas MacArthur, that Soros guy.

Expressing his faith in the Iraqi people, Soros continued: "Iraq would be the last place I would choose for an experiment in introducing democracy." All those blue-inked fingers were the Iraqi people giving Soros the finger.

Also taking his cue on world politics from Janeane Garofalo, last September U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan said he doubted there would be elections in January, saying, "You cannot have credible elections if the security conditions continue as they are now" — although he may have been referring here to a possible vote of the U.N. Security Council.

Robert Fisk of The Independent (UK) told an audience in October 2004: "The chances of (January) elections are fading faster than water running into the desert." He said it was a "lie" that the allies were creating "an oasis of democracy with its center in Iraq." Remind me not to ask Fisk who he likes in the Super Bowl.

The Economist magazine said that until security in Iraq improves, "reconstruction will stall — and the hopes of Messrs. Allawi and Bush for a decent election, enabling a strong and legitimate government to take over, will continue to look uncertain to be fulfilled."

In October, Nicholas Lemann was a whirlwind of bad news about Iraq, writing in The New Yorker: "The U.S. military in Iraq has started trying to take back areas of the country now controlled by insurgents, and it may not be safe enough there for the scheduled elections to be held in January." Somehow he failed to add, "Also, by mid-March live rhesus monkeys may be flying out of my butt."

Amid his litany of bad news, Lemann said: "It is difficult to find anybody in Washington, in either party, who will seriously defend Bush's management of Iraq." Fortunately, last Sunday, President Bush found 8 million people — outside of Washington — to seriously defend his management of Iraq.

Cochise
02-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Kerry specifically addressed the scheduled Iraqi elections in his closing statement at the first presidential debate, saying: "They can't have an election right now. The president's not getting the job done." (Kerry's a genius! He won the debate!)

A few weeks later, his campaign manager, Mary Beth Cahill, said: "It's not safe enough to have elections, which are scheduled in January. There is no way that people could go to the polls in that country right now."

Let's connect the dots here. Kerry said:

-(During the campaign) the security situation was terrible and elections were going to be impossible.
-(After the elections) the security situation is terrible.

Well, either they were wrong on the first count, or the second, or both. Either the security situation was really not terrible and elections never were impossible, or the situation in Iraq is IMPROVING and that made elections possible. But Kerry can not bring himself to admit either.

So, which is it, John-John? As usual, I guess it's both.

Brock
02-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Kerry warned Americans not to "overhype this election" — and if there's one guy who's good at calming down excited voters, it's John Kerry.

ROFL

Clint in Wichita
02-03-2005, 11:12 AM
http://www.anncoulter.com

Since the press hasn't yet covered predictions we heard from liberals for the last year.........

IRAQ THE VOTE
February 2, 2005

In one of the grandest events in the history of the world, millions of Iraqis risked death on Sunday to vote in a free, democratic election.

Jesus H. Christ, Coulter is retarded.

The ignorant bitch needs to take a history course.

Brock
02-03-2005, 11:24 AM

the very definition of irony

journeyscarab
02-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Ann rocks.

DenverChief
02-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Ann has rocks.in her cranium to go along with the sand in her vagina

BIG_DADDY
02-03-2005, 11:33 AM
to go along with the sand in her vagina

How would you know rainbow boy?

DenverChief
02-03-2005, 11:35 AM
How would you know rainbow boy?Hey just because I'm Gay chicks let me feel their titties and sniff the tuna boat for feee....K?

BIG_DADDY
02-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey just because I'm Gay chicks let me feel their titties and sniff the tuna boat for feee....K?

Yea I am sure chicks really dig letting gay guys have their way with em. Come on dude you gotta come back with something better than that.

DenverChief
02-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Yea I am sure chicks really dig letting gay guys have their way with em. Come on dude you gotta come back with something better than that.

your just jealous...serioulsy

Radar Chief
02-03-2005, 12:00 PM
Hey just because I'm Gay chicks let me feel their titties and sniff the tuna boat for feee....K?

Right, is that before or after you go shoe shopping? ;)

Cochise
02-03-2005, 12:13 PM

I think it's right after their cake decorating lessons.

ROFL

beavis
02-03-2005, 02:39 PM

You must extremely well read to have come up with a retort of this quality.

Baby Lee
02-03-2005, 02:41 PM

Thattaboy!! Take the least relevant statement in the entire article and RUN WITH IT!!!!!

Anybody want to have a discussion with Clint over at the kiddy table?

I'll give you a topic.

1984 is a shitty, shitty book, because. . . I mean. . . who names their kid Winston?

SBK
02-03-2005, 02:42 PM
I saw Krugman and Dowd on the board this week, felt the need to even things out. 1 Coulter is worth 2 Dowd and Krugman.

SBK
02-03-2005, 02:43 PM

Is this even right? ROFL

DenverChief
02-03-2005, 02:46 PM

after...at the club inbetween Jager bomber #4 and #5 :thumb:

Baby Lee
02-03-2005, 02:49 PM
You guys. You should know that this 'hot babe' that lets DC sniff her cooter is Margaret Cho.

Cochise
02-03-2005, 02:55 PM
You guys. You should know that this 'hot babe' that lets DC sniff her cooter is Margaret Cho.

Come on DC... take a whiff...

Clint in Wichita
02-03-2005, 05:03 PM
the very definition of irony

If you, or any other conservative dipshits can explain to me how the Iraqi election was one of "the grandest events in the history of the world", I'll listen.

If not, shut the **** up.

KCWolfman
02-03-2005, 05:04 PM
If you, or any other conservative dipshits can explain to me how the Iraqi election was one of "the grandest events in the history of the world", I'll listen.

Yeah, I can see how liberal wankers like yourself are angry that the elections went off with only minor issues. After all, what is the freedom of an entire nation compared to your petty childish hatred of a human being you have never met?

Clint in Wichita
02-03-2005, 05:04 PM
You must extremely well read to have come up with a retort of this quality.

Prove me wrong, Beavis.

Soupnazi
02-03-2005, 05:06 PM

Yeah, cause you're the type that has ever been convinced of anything by the "dipshits" on the board. :rolleyes:

The very notion is laughable.

KCWolfman
02-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Prove me wrong, Beavis.
Ummm, follow closely. If Iraq proves to be a model of Democracy, a domino effect (like that predicted in the 50s and 60s of Communism) could take course and actually make the Middle East a safer place simply through self-policing.

Is it "one of the grandest events"? Not in itself. Does it have the potential to be "one of the grandest events" it certainly does.

Clint in Wichita
02-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I can see how liberal wankers like yourself are angry that the elections went off with only minor issues. After all, what is the freedom of an entire nation compared to your petty childish hatred of a human being you have never met?

"One of the grandest events in the history of the world".

What a joke.

Clint in Wichita
02-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, cause you're the type that has ever been convinced of anything by the "dipshits" on the board. :rolleyes:

The very notion is laughable.

In other words, you have no idea.

Shut the **** up.

Clint in Wichita
02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Ummm, follow closely. If Iraq proves to be a model of Democracy, a domino effect (like that predicted in the 50s and 60s of Communism) could take course and actually make the Middle East a safer place simply through self-policing.

Is it "one of the grandest events"? Not in itself. Does it have the potential to be "one of the grandest events" it certainly does.

Thank you.

KCWolfman
02-03-2005, 05:14 PM
"One of the grandest events in the history of the world".

What a joke.
Yeah, the first vote in America was a joke as well.

Your lack of vision and possibility doesn't make it a joke, it makes you limited in your blind hatred.

Soupnazi
02-03-2005, 05:24 PM
In other words, you have no idea.

Shut the **** up.

If you'll notice, robotard, I wasn't one of the ones commending her use of the phrase. However, the mere idea that you'd even be open to being convinced by someone is a joke.

Your ability to prove a point is only paralleled by your verbal sophistication. Are you sure you're not Gunther Fan's bizarro twin?

ck_IN
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
<i>"One of the grandest events in the history of the world".</i>

I'd say 8 million people who have lived their whole lives under the thumb of a tyrant who thought nothing of having women raped and making their family watch the tape of it voting is a pretty gand event. It may not rank with the 2nd comming or the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl under DV (Personally I'd take bets on the 2nd coming before the SB win) but it's right up there.

Cannibal
02-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Personally, I really don't think this vote means sh!t.

The country will fall into civil war in a relatively short matter of time and we'll probably see a new dictator in Iraq within the next decade. There will not be peace in that country for a long time, even after we leave.

KCWolfman
02-03-2005, 08:02 PM

The country will fall into civil war in a relatively short matter of time and we'll probably see a new dictator in Iraq within the next decade. There will not be peace in that country for a long time, even after we leave.
Yeah, I heard that the colonies were to be taken over by Spain or France anyday after declaring their independence, too.

Cannibal
02-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I heard that the colonies were to be taken over by Spain or France anyday after declaring their independence, too.

We'll see. I certainly wouldn't bet a single cent on that country having lasting peace or a stable form of government anytime soon.

KCWolfman
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
We'll see. I certainly wouldn't bet a single cent on that country having lasting peace or a stable form of government anytime soon.
The Sunnis agreeing to participate in the government today goes a long way to beginning that stability.

SBK
02-03-2005, 08:38 PM

Im going to. www.betoniraq.com (http://www.betoniraq.com)

I plan on betting many dollars that they will work things out. :thumb:
When it does I'll call you from my jet.

Rausch
02-03-2005, 10:22 PM

We gave it our best effort. If they can't play nice and get along, **** 'em...

SNR
02-03-2005, 11:05 PM
So Clint, what's your reaction to the entire article, not just the first sentence?

Baby Lee
02-04-2005, 09:27 AM
So Clint, what's your reaction to the entire article, not just the first sentence?
I already tried to spark a conversation. :rolleyes:
Thattaboy!! Take the least relevant statement in the entire article and RUN WITH IT!!!!!

Anybody want to have a discussion with Clint over at the kiddy table?

I'll give you a topic.

1984 is a shitty, shitty book, because. . . I mean. . . who names their kid Winston?