PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law on 610 AM at 2 p.m.

jwhit
02-03-2005, 12:39 PM
He wants to play in KC...

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 12:40 PM
WOW

Cochise
02-03-2005, 12:41 PM
huh? it's not even 2 yet?

royr17
Is this for real or is it a joke ?????

jspchief
anyone have a link to 610? do they stream online?

Spicy McHaggis
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM
Big Sexy has an alter-ego? That has the same name? I'm so confused right now.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 12:42 PM
610 doesn't stream AFAIK.

Evidently Whitlock is going to have Ty Law on to start his show...

royr17
02-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Is this for real guys ???? Or is this just a joke ???? We need INFO plz ..........

Brock
Would this make Chiefs fans happy? I certainly wouldn't feel satisfied. I'm not even sure he's the best corner available.

Nightfyre
neat-o gang!
Super Duper!

royr17
02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
If you think he's not the best available, then you are CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Would this make Chiefs fans happy? I certainly wouldn't feel satisfied. I'm not even sure he's the best corner available.

I agree.

However, bringing him in would be better than what I was positive we'd get this offseason -- NOTHING.

Spicy McHaggis
02-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I'm actually fairly interested in what Law has to say. There's not denying he would be an asset to this team.

Cochise
Did you hear this on the Star BB?

htismaqe

Law isn't a free agent, at least not yet.

Baxter and Lucas are both unrestricted and they're both only 25.

And there's always Surtain.

BigRedChief
Whos the designated blow by blow poster for us streaming challengened folks.

royr17
02-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Where did yall guys hear this at ???????????????????

bricks
I think this is bullsh*t. I smell the sh*t from miles away, it stinks real bad. A fan trying to stir up a heated conversation ppl, don't get phased by it.

Brock

I'm crazy for not being sure he can play a complete season ever again? Okay.

chiefz
02-03-2005, 01:14 PM
I smell the sh*t from miles away, it stinks real bad.

You mean like on a regular basis or just in this thread? :hmmm:

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Law isn't a free agent, at least not yet.

And there's always Surtain.

I like this idea much better. Can you imagine having Baxter, Surtain, and Warfield as our 3 top corners?

Plus we need major LB help as well.

Undertaker #59
02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
I just listened to him on Sirius. All he said about his future there is he hopes he can retire a Patriot, but he is realistic about it and knows that may not happen. He is under contract for the Pats for one more year at an enormous cap value (around $12 million). He feels he can play CB for another 4 or 5 years before switching to safety. He has about 2 months of rehab before he can even start running again, but feels he should be ready by training camp.

the Talking Can
02-03-2005, 01:39 PM
He said he hopes to stay with New England, and then gave a polite answer about how if that didn't happen he could see playing for a place with such great fans....honestly, after hearing him, I don't think he's thinking about KC in any serious way...but, once the Pats cut him that could change

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 01:44 PM
If Whitlock REALLY wants to be a vehicle for change, he needs to abandon the "Ty Law or bust" attitude...

Undertaker #59
02-03-2005, 01:45 PM
If the Patriots cut him, the team that signs him will be the one that is willing to give him the most money...err...I mean RESPECT.

beavis
02-03-2005, 01:46 PM
If Whitlock REALLY wants to be a vehicle for change, he needs to abandon the "Ty Law or bust" attitude...
But then he wouldn't have anything to overhype and run into the ground.

Amnorix
02-03-2005, 01:49 PM

I like Law a little better than Surtain as a player, but Surtain is 3 years younger (28 versus 31), and that's quite a difference.

Phobia
02-03-2005, 01:49 PM
If the Patriots cut him, the team that signs him will be the one that is willing to give him the most money...err...I mean RESPECT.

He has a family to feed. Who could blame him? His family must eat diamonds as the main course of all three meals.

Amnorix
02-03-2005, 01:51 PM
I just listened to him on Sirius. All he said about his future there is he hopes he can retire a Patriot, but he is realistic about it and knows that may not happen. He is under contract for the Pats for one more year at an enormous cap value (around $12 million). He feels he can play CB for another 4 or 5 years before switching to safety. He has about 2 months of rehab before he can even start running again, but feels he should be ready by training camp.

$12.5M on the '05 cap, which is like 15% of the projected '05 cap. We won 14 games this year, and went something like 9-1 without him (including playoffs, but not including the game where we LOST him (which is important because making mid-game adjustments for losing your best CB is VERY difficult).

He's so gone I can't begin to tell you. The only question is whether it's trade or just cutting him. I'm sure we'll try to get some value for him.

Amnorix
02-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I think Ty Law will carefully consider where he ends up, based on team strengths, family-friendliness, chances of winning the Super....aw hell, who am I kidding...

It's all about:

http://www.fiery-foods.com/images/gimme_money.jpg

tk13
02-03-2005, 01:54 PM
He's so gone I can't begin to tell you. The only question is whether it's trade or just cutting him. I'm sure we'll try to get some value for him.

I will not be happy if we blow a 1st or 2nd rounder trading for Law....

The Bad Guy
02-03-2005, 01:56 PM
I like this idea much better. Can you imagine having Baxter, Surtain, and Warfield as our 3 top corners?

Plus we need major LB help as well.

Give me the guy that won 2 rings and had a major role in both of them.

Give me the guy that played under 2 of the best defensive coaches in the NFL in Crenell and Belichick.

Law is a true shutdown corner.

Baxter could turn out to be like Dwayne Starks.

Surtain would cost a 2nd rounder and a big contract.

Give me Law.

HC_Chief
02-03-2005, 01:58 PM
His cap numbers are prohibative.

I'd rather get a guy like Surtain or Lucas or Baxter and spend the remainder of the FA $ on a LB (or two).

Iowanian
02-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm all for Law coming to KC, at a salary that leaves them room to also chase a legit LB and or DE in FA.

There is no need to sell the farm for an aging Law though......Surtain is an option and I'm hoping they'll take a serious look at Dyson.

I'm still wishing they'd have let Bartee go last year and brought in Winfield.....but...wishes are like old farts.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 02:01 PM
I want what's best for the team.

If that turns out to be Law, at a reasonable salary without trading picks, then so be it.

royr17
02-03-2005, 02:03 PM
I really want Kendrell Bell and Ty Law or Patrick Surtain or maybe even Ken Lucas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Give me the guy that won 2 rings and had a major role in both of them.

Give me the guy that played under 2 of the best defensive coaches in the NFL in Crenell and Belichick.

Law is a true shutdown corner.

Baxter could turn out to be like Dwayne Starks.

Surtain would cost a 2nd rounder and a big contract.

Give me Law.

Don't get me wrong I like Law but I don't want to blow our whole cap space on just 1 guy. Our D needs at least 6 new starters going into next season.

tyton75
02-03-2005, 02:51 PM
And I want a kagillion dollars and groupies.. gotta have the groupies!

Mr. Laz
02-03-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree.

However, bringing him in would be better than what I was positive we'd get this offseason -- NOTHING.

agreed...

i'm a huge cornerback pimp and i'm not sure Law is the best move, but it sure as hell beats McCleon or Bartee.

i want Warfield out of the starting lineup, if we get 2 new corners that are good enough to push Warfield into the nickle role i will be happy.

ideally that's 1 in FA and 1 in the draft .... but at this point, i'll take upgrades anyway we can get them.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-03-2005, 02:55 PM
You're right, we should just stick with Bartee.

:shake:

The Bad Guy
02-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Brock,

I very rarely disagree with you, but I have to here.

Law is no question the best one available.

Brock
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
You're right, we should just stick with Bartee.

Try to stay within 180 degrees of the conversation, slappy. Not being 100 percent sure about Law isn't the same thing as "sticking with Bartee". :rolleyes:

Brock
02-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Brock,

I very rarely disagree with you, but I have to here.

Law is no question the best one available.

I would agree if he had played more than a handful of games over the past 2 years.

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 03:03 PM
You know the biggest problem with getting Law is that you have to deal with his agents which are the famous Potson brothers. I don't think Carl has signed anyone that they represent but I could be wrong.

I would like to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations.

HC_Chief
02-03-2005, 03:08 PM
You know the biggest problem with getting Law is that you have to deal with his agents which are the famous Potson brothers. I don't think Carl has signed anyone that they represent but I could be wrong.

I would like to be a fly on the wall during those negotiations.

Oh shit, his agents = the Postons?!

haha, screw that signing... not going to happen.

Brock
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM

That's what I'm thinking as well. Law is all about the money.

The Bad Guy
02-03-2005, 03:10 PM
I would agree if he had played more than a handful of games over the past 2 years.

22 out of 32 is hardly a handful with 9 coming this year.

The Bad Guy
02-03-2005, 03:12 PM
That's what I'm thinking as well. Law is all about the money.

So is every NFL player. You gotta pay market dollar for a top player at his position.

The Chiefs have thrown money at average D players far too long. It's time they threw some at players that have several Pro Bowls and SB rings under their belt.

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 03:14 PM

No shit if CP thinks Ethan Locke is bad wait till has to deal with these assholes.

Calcountry
02-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Would this make Chiefs fans happy? I certainly wouldn't feel satisfied. I'm not even sure he's the best corner available.Carl just wants to throw us a bone and shut us up.

Brock
02-03-2005, 03:21 PM
So is every NFL player. You gotta pay market dollar for a top player at his position.

The Chiefs have thrown money at average D players far too long. It's time they threw some at players that have several Pro Bowls and SB rings under their belt.

All I'm saying is, it looks to me like the Chiefs may throw money at a player who appears to be on the downside of his career. This isn't a James Hasty type of signing, where the player has just begun to hit his stride. Law looks to me like damaged goods that are going to come at a very high price.

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 03:24 PM
agreed...

i'm a huge cornerback pimp and i'm not sure Law is the best move, but it sure as hell beats McCleon or Bartee.

i want Warfield out of the starting lineup, if we get 2 new corners that are good enough to push Warfield into the nickle role i will be happy.

ideally that's 1 in FA and 1 in the draft .... but at this point, i'll take upgrades anyway we can get them.

:toast:

bringbackmarty
02-03-2005, 03:26 PM
You guys won't be bitching about his cap hit when he shuts down rod smith, and jerry porter twice next season, not to mention what he does against the run, and he has spent the last several years hanging out with the premier defensive mind in the league. He is more than a player, he is a force. In ten seasons he averaged 14 games a season including this seasons seven game injury shortened one. n all seasons has had at least three picks, and had six in 03 his last healthy season. one season he had nine. He would have more but offensive coordinators ignore his side of the field. Even if he sehorns on us, his experience, championship experience is what puts him over the top. The dolphins have won maybe 20 games in the last five years?

Mr. Laz
02-03-2005, 03:33 PM

now i'm confused

all last offseason we got to hear from people(not you) about how we tried to get free agents, but that they "Just didn't want to come here"

troy vincent just didn't want to come here

jeremiah trotter just didn't want to come here

Vermeil said in a press conference about how "we were interested but some guys just don't want to come here"

so which is it??

do free agents JUST dont want to come here

or

do free agents not want to come here BECAUSE we didn't offer them the right money

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 03:34 PM
You guys won't be bitching about his cap hit when he shuts down rod smith, and jerry porter twice next season, not to mention what he does against the run, and he has spent the last several years hanging out with the premier defensive mind in the league. He is more than a player, he is a force. In ten seasons he averaged 14 games a season including this seasons seven game injury shortened one. n all seasons has had at least three picks, and had six in 03 his last healthy season. one season he had nine. He would have more but offensive coordinators ignore his side of the field. Even if he sehorns on us, his experience, championship experience is what puts him over the top. The dolphins have won maybe 20 games in the last five years?

You should have quit while you were ahead. The Dolphins won 4 games last year. In the 4 years before that they won FORTY ONE.

Not only that but they were top 5 in defense (yards, points, or BOTH) every year since 1998...

Amnorix
02-03-2005, 03:36 PM
You should have quit while you were ahead. The Dolphins won 4 games last year. In the 4 years before that they won FORTY ONE.

Not only that but they were top 5 in defense (yards, points, or BOTH) every year since 1998...

If the money were equal, I'd take Surtain over Law just cuz he's 3 years younger. Surtain is outstanding.

HC_Chief
02-03-2005, 03:38 PM
If the money were equal, I'd take Surtain over Law just cuz he's 3 years younger. Surtain is outstanding.

Yep.

Of course, Law comes 'free', ie we don't have to part with draft pick(s) whereas Miami will certainly want at least a #2 for Surtain.

Mr. Laz
02-03-2005, 03:42 PM

ideally we would:

sign Baxter as FA

trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for surtain

sign Hartwell in FA

then draft the BBA across the board, regardless of position

htismaqe
02-03-2005, 03:47 PM
ideally we would:

sign Baxter as FA and trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for surtain

sign Hartwell in FA

then draft the BBA across the board regardless of position

If we did that...goosebumps...

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 04:06 PM
ideally we would:

sign Baxter as FA

sign Hartwell in FA

I totally agree. I was listening to some show on the radio today and they were saying that if the Chiefs offered their 2nd round choice to the Dolphins then the deal would be done. I say go for it since all of Carl's 2nd round choices suck ass.

PHOG
02-03-2005, 04:19 PM
ideally we would:

sign Baxter as FA

sign Hartwell in FA

Yeah, and then maybe trade down a few spots (Dallas' 20th?) to regain the 2nd round pick, just so CP could make his consistant garbage 2nd Rd pick. :)

philfree
02-03-2005, 04:30 PM
So this is for real then? Law was on Whitless' show? My take is that if Jason wants Ty Law then stay away from him. Carl ain't gonna do what Whitlocl wants. Even if it's a good move Jason envolving himself in it will only screw it up. Personally I wouldn't let someone tell me how to run my business and we know Carl is the same way as he should be.

PhilFree :arrow:

Soupnazi
02-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Is anyone else worried about paying huge money for a player at a position that has been effectively de-clawed by the NFL rules committee?

Seems to me the best defenses are very talented at LB and DE. I'm all for a replacement for Bartee, but I'm not sure he's the answer at that price. That foot injury scares me too.

Taco John
02-03-2005, 04:56 PM

Whitlock REALLY wants to sell papers.

tk13
02-03-2005, 04:59 PM
now i'm confused

all last offseason we got to hear from people(not you) about how we tried to get free agents, but that they "Just didn't want to come here"

troy vincent just didn't want to come here

jeremiah trotter just didn't want to come here

Vermeil said in a press conference about how "we were interested but some guys just don't want to come here"

so which is it??

do free agents JUST dont want to come here

or

do free agents not want to come here BECAUSE we didn't offer them the right money
Grant Wistrom wanted to come here, at least until Seattle said we'll give you 14 million dollars up front to not go to Kansas City....

Count Zarth
02-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Getting Law would let us really know if Warfield has improved or not...he'll be getting picked on if he's the #2 corner next season.

PHOG
02-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Getting Law would let us really know if Warfield has improved or not...he'll be getting picked on if he's the #2 corner next season.
Plus, barring injury, he'll only be playing 12 games....regular season of course.

Count Zarth
02-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Plus, barring injury, he'll only be playing 12 games....regular season of course.

What difference does that make?

Although hopefully that makes us go out and get a second corner that can start.

PHOG
02-03-2005, 05:28 PM
What difference does that make?

Although hopefully that makes us go out and get a second corner that can start.
Exactly....my thoughts. If we don't, it will be more of the same for 4 games..... 3rd and long, just lob the ball towards the other side and get ready for another set of downs...or worse, they're kicking an extra point.

Count Zarth
02-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Getting that third corner that can start would move Warfield to nickel if he underperforms...that would give us a really strong secondary, provided we come up with a replacement for Woods.

Which probably won't happen. I don't think Hicks OR Woods are going to not be starting next year....Gunther is in love with both of them.

PHOG
02-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I know it has been mentioned before, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Bartee ( :eek: ) could do at safety. He is a pretty good hitter, and he wouldn't have to turn his head as much as most everything would be in front of him (hopefully).

It might be worth a try....who knows.

Bowser
02-03-2005, 05:39 PM
Isn't Surtain on the record saying he wants Champ Bailey money?

Bowser
02-03-2005, 05:40 PM
I know it has been mentioned before, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Bartee ( :eek: ) could do at safety. He is a pretty good hitter, and he wouldn't have to turn his head as much as most everything would be in front of him (hopefully).

It might be worth a try....who knows.

Play a guy at his natural position? And you claim to be a Chiefs fan....

PHOG
02-03-2005, 05:43 PM
It seems to me that I read where Surtain wanted like top 5 CB money or something to that effect....don't remember where it was though.

PHOG
02-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Play a guy at his natural position? And you claim to be a Chiefs fan....

Shudder..what could I have been thinking... :)

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Isn't Surtain on the record saying he wants Champ Bailey money?

Don't know but here is what is being reported on ESPN that he makes. So if we trade for him you know he will want to restructure his contract and get big money.

Surtain is entering the final year of a contract that pays him $6.15 million in 2005 and has a cap number of $8.383 million.

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 05:49 PM
By the way, Law wants to stay in NE but where ever he plays he is going to be motivated but he will cost alot to get him

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1983422

Bowser
02-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Don't know but here is what is being reported on ESPN that he makes. So if we trade for him you know he will want to restructure his contract and get big money.

Surtain is entering the final year of a contract that pays him $6.15 million in 2005 and has a cap number of $8.383 million.

Hmmm, doesn't look like he's making chump change right now. I don't know, but I would say that cap number is probablly pretty similar to Bailey's.

I say roll the dice. Give the Fins our second rounder, and restructure his contract to make it more cap friendly to possibly bring in another two FA's. Impact FA's, I should say.

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Hmmm, doesn't look like he's making chump change right now. I don't know, but I would say that cap number is probablly pretty similar to Bailey's.

I say roll the dice. Give the Fins our second rounder, and restructure his contract to make it more cap friendly to possibly bring in another two FA's. Impact FA's, I should say.

Totally agree. :thumb:

Hoover
02-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm sure he was asked if would like to play in KC and was nice and said sure.

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm sure he was asked if would like to play in KC and was nice and said sure.

Pretty much. They all say that and then go else where once they learn DV doesn't know shit about defense and that CP is a cheap ass whore.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Pretty much. They all say that and then go else where once they learn DV doesn't know shit about defense and that CP is a cheap ass whore.
Bottom line they all follow the Money

Thig Lyfe
02-03-2005, 06:16 PM
I like Law a little better than Surtain as a player, but Surtain is 3 years younger (28 versus 31), and that's quite a difference.

But for the Chiefs "the window is closing" and fast, so age isn't really an issue. They need to get the very best players RIGHT NOW and if available Ty Law would be it.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Either is fine with me.

BigRedChief
02-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey he said all the right things. Praised the fans, the atmosphere, Tony G, Priest etc. I'm not completely sold on Law being our best option this off season. But any warm body is going to improve the defense and this is it. This era of Chiefs football is over after next year. We are going to be rebuilding, new coach etc. I don't care about cap hell for 2 or 3 years. We are rebuiling. I want one last shot at the ring before rebuilding again.

Nightfyre
02-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Baxter, Hartwell, Draft OLB 1st round, draft CB 2nd round, Lucas if hell fit....

PatriotofMaine
02-04-2005, 06:11 AM
I watched an interview on FoxSports NE with Law last night. He said nothing about where he hopes to end up next year. He just said he is working hard to get healthy now. However, I would love to see him go...Would you guys give up a 3rd round pick in a trade for him--especially if we could pay some of his salary?

BTW..the talking heads said (after the interview) that things are better between Law and Pats management and there is a chance he will be back in New England--for what that's worth...

Manila-Chief
02-04-2005, 07:14 AM
I totally agree. I was listening to some show on the radio today and they were saying that if the Chiefs offered their 2nd round choice to the Dolphins then the deal would be done. I say go for it since all of Carl's 2nd round choices suck ass.

You guys must be dreaming! All of this hype over 2 CB's that are still under contract, plus we are talking about Kingless doing the signing!!!

I don't understand something. Surtain is suppose to be one of the top 5 CB's and The fish will let us have him for only a 2nd round pick? Something is wrong with this picture. If he is really as good as is being said here then he will cost a 1st. and a 2nd.

No way Kingless goes for that. If he is as good as touted here and it only costs a 2nd. round pick ... certainly go for it whether we sign Law or not. That will certainly be better quality that we normally get for our 2nd. round pick.

In fact ... Kingless seems to do better picking on the 2nd day ... so maybe it will be best to trade all of our first day pick and stock up on Carl's favorite picks.

patteeu
02-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Don't get me wrong I like Law but I don't want to blow our whole cap space on just 1 guy. Our D needs at least 6 new starters going into next season.

It's pretty apparent which side of the satisfied-with-the-off-season/not-satisfied-with-the-offseason fence you are going to end up on. Unless you are counting backups who rise to starter, there's no way the Chiefs will have 6 new defensive starters next season.

patteeu
02-04-2005, 07:33 AM

ideally we would:

sign Baxter as FA

sign Hartwell in FA

This might have been posted elsewhere, but Baxter was on Whitlock's show yesterday too. He was very confident that he'd be able to get a new contract done with the Ravens. He said that's what he wants and he said that the indications in the local media were that the Ravens were making his resigning a priority.

OTOH, he gave great praise for Hartwell and said he needs to go somewhere were he can get out of the shadow of Ray Lewis and become Lewis-like in his own right. I found it interesting that he was so confident in his own resigning but seemed to believe that Hartwell would move on.

Manila-Chief
02-04-2005, 07:43 AM
It's pretty apparent which side of the satisfied-with-the-off-season/not-satisfied-with-the-offseason fence you are going to end up on. Unless you are counting backups who rise to starter, there's no way the Chiefs will have 6 new defensive starters next season.

I agree. I took note of his 6 new D starters and wondered if he was dreaming or has another problem.

First, rookies do not start for D.V. and no way Kingless signs more than 2 (if that many) D starters .... 6 .. no way!!!!!

htismaqe
02-04-2005, 08:17 AM
This might have been posted elsewhere, but Baxter was on Whitlock's show yesterday too. He was very confident that he'd be able to get a new contract done with the Ravens. He said that's what he wants and he said that the indications in the local media were that the Ravens were making his resigning a priority.

OTOH, he gave great praise for Hartwell and said he needs to go somewhere were he can get out of the shadow of Ray Lewis and become Lewis-like in his own right. I found it interesting that he was so confident in his own resigning but seemed to believe that Hartwell would move on.

Yeah, I heard that. I'm on the Hartwell bandwagon now. :D

Kclee
02-04-2005, 08:53 AM

I wonder if it would be enough incentive to tell him that if he signs with the Chiefs and the defense skyrockets up to a top 10 defense after all these years of bottomdwelling, he would have to be considered the greatest player of all time. All I know is, whichever player/players it is that happens to turn our D into a respectable D, will be considered a god. We've been waiting for a playmaker on D for how long now? And actually, now that I think of it, our biggest playmaker next year might not even be someone we pick up this off season. It could very well be J. Allen. He showed some pretty good flashes his rookie year, hopefully he gets better.

BigRedChief
02-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I heard that. I'm on the Hartwell bandwagon now. :D

Baxter certaintly make him sound good, the "Mike" LB we need. But I've never heard of him before yesterday.

htismaqe
02-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Baxter certaintly make him sound good, the "Mike" LB we need. But I've never heard of him before yesterday.

I've had Hartwell in FF the last 2 years, he definitely knows how to tackle...

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 09:10 AM

:spock:
Seriously? We've been pimping him on CP for weeks now (which means there's not a chance in hell we'll actually sign him ;))

BigRedChief
02-04-2005, 10:23 AM
:spock:
Seriously? We've been pimping him on CP for weeks now (which means there's not a chance in hell we'll actually sign him ;))

I was humoring/satirizing myself that Whitlock discovered this Ray Lewis type LB for me.

Straight, No Chaser
02-04-2005, 10:43 AM
But for the Chiefs "the window is closing" and fast, so age isn't really an issue. They need to get the very best players RIGHT NOW and if available Ty Law would be it.

The way things are now the window is closing for EVERY team. I just wonder how much of what Law is saying is posturing... If Bellicose is willing to let him hit the market then that's saying something as well. Note: Shananigan rolled the dice for a aging, shut down corner last year and it didn't help the Donks go to the next level.

--->

dirk digler
02-04-2005, 12:16 PM

Why not? Out of the current D this is who should be starting IMO:

Dalton
Savii
Wesley
Warfield?
Jared Allen

Am I missing any? Do you want any of the current LB's to start? Barber won't be back until midseason at least so I guess we all should be happy with Fujita, Beisel, and Mitchell as our starters again. No way Gun goes into this season with those guys as starters. I also don't think Maz is the answer as well.

I could see Hicks starting but he doesn't deserve to be so by my count that is 5 players so that means we need to have 6 new D starters going into next season. If you count Hicks we need 5 new starters which could happen very easily if they wanted to. 3 FA's and 2 through the draft.

I don't understand the thinking that we should stand pat once again or think 1 or 2 new players are going to make much difference. Hell half of our starting D right now COULD NOT start for any other team in the NFL.

htismaqe
02-04-2005, 12:21 PM

Dalton
Savii
Wesley
Warfield?
Jared Allen

Am I missing any? Do you want any of the current LB's to start? Barber won't be back until midseason at least so I guess we all should be happy with Fujita, Beisel, and Mitchell as our starters again. No way Gun goes into this season with those guys as starters. I also don't think Maz is the answer as well.

I could see Hicks starting but he doesn't deserve to be so by my count that is 5 players so that means we need to have 6 new D starters going into next season. If you count Hicks we need 5 new starters which could happen very easily if they wanted to. 3 FA's and 2 through the draft.

I don't understand the thinking that we should stand pat once again or think 1 or 2 new players are going to make much difference. Hell half of our starting D right now COULD NOT start for any other team in the NFL.

It's not about who SHOULD start, it's about who WILL start. With our coach and he's unending loyalty, I fully expect Hicks to start, and outside of him I could see ANYBODY starting, including Mitchell, just because of Vermeil.

dirk digler
02-04-2005, 12:26 PM
I agree. I took note of his 6 new D starters and wondered if he was dreaming or has another problem.

First, rookies do not start for D.V. and no way Kingless signs more than 2 (if that many) D starters .... 6 .. no way!!!!!

So what you are saying is that our 1st rd choice this year is going to sit the bench? So you think that DV would sit a guy like Antrell Rolle, Derrick Johnson, Carlos Rogers, or Pac-Man Jones. Then why even draft any of these guys if you aren't going to play them. That makes no sense.

Funny that you say that since in 1999 when the Rams won the Super Bowl DV started 2 rookies one being Torry Holt who he drafted with the 6th pick in the draft and also Dre Bly started who he picked in the 2nd round.

But don't let the facts get in the way. Thanks.

Nightfyre
02-04-2005, 01:51 PM

Dalton
Savii
Wesley
Warfield?
Jared Allen

Fujita should start.
Barber may actually play well next year if the other places step up, but we can draft a OLB.
So fill the gaps at corner:
Draft one in the 2nd.
Sign one-lucas/baxter.
Your DE can be a weak link that wont kill you if you have the rest of the team.
Harts has also elevated to starting ability imho. Its tough to cover 4 people with two safeties because your corners are falling all over the place, tho.

dirk digler
02-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Fujita should start.
Barber may actually play well next year if the other places step up, but we can draft a OLB.
So fill the gaps at corner:
Draft one in the 2nd.
Sign one-lucas/baxter.
Your DE can be a weak link that wont kill you if you have the rest of the team.
Harts has also elevated to starting ability imho. Its tough to cover 4 people with two safeties because your corners are falling all over the place, tho.

I have mixed feelings about Fujita starting right now but you have to remember that Barber will be out for at least 6-8 games and he will be still recovering from a very serious knee injury.
We definitely need 2 new corners and IMO 3 new LB's.

htismaqe
02-04-2005, 02:07 PM
I have mixed feelings about Fujita starting right now but you have to remember that Barber will be out for at least 6-8 games and he will be still recovering from a very serious knee injury.
We definitely need 2 new corners and IMO 3 new LB's.

I agree.

siberian khatru
02-04-2005, 02:30 PM
In an ideal world we get 3 new LBs, but I think we should be satisfied with getting 2 new ones -- MLB and OLB to replace Barber -- assuming we get the right 2. Then hope that Fooj will elevate his play with better players around him.

We probably won't even get 2.

dirk digler
02-04-2005, 02:32 PM
In an ideal world we get 3 new LBs, but I think we should be satisfied with getting 2 new ones -- MLB and OLB to replace Barber -- assuming we get the right 2. Then hope that Fooj will elevate his play with better players around him.

I would be satisifed with that.

Nightfyre
02-04-2005, 02:34 PM

I imagine we will get two. You have to figure, particularly with Gun, who puts so much emphasis on LBs that we will sign one and draft another.

brent102fire
02-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Carl will make sure that he doesn't :mad: :cuss: :banghead: :shake:

brent102fire
02-04-2005, 04:29 PM

:thumb: :clap: :toast:

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 06:20 AM
I imagine we will get two. You have to figure, particularly with Gun, who puts so much emphasis on LBs that we will sign one and draft another.

Gun has pretty much said that CB is the #1 priority. They want a FA and one from the draft, plus another if they can afford it.

PatriotofMaine
02-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Ty Law...for your third rounder. Fair?

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 07:38 AM
We may not have a 3rd-rounder, because of the John Welbourn deal.