PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock is right. We should go after Ty Law.

BigRedChief
02-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I don't think it will happen. King Carl will never make a major move in the off season. The frigging world champions don't set on their hands in the off season but its the right decision year after year for the Chiefs as long as he remains in charge.

After listening to Law on the radio its clear he has a major ego but you can expect argueably the best corner in the league to have an ego.
I think we have a chance at him chosing to come here. He seemed real concerned with his place in the hall of fame. He comes here and takes Our laughing stock of a NFL defense to the Super Bowl and he goes down as the best one ever.

The intangibles are the most important thing he would bring if you ask me. We need a defensive leader in the locker room to be getting in peoples faces, pushing the right buttons. You have to have the football chops to pill that off. 3 Super Bowl rings in 4 years is some serious chops. MVP defensive player in 2 of them also. He would lead our defense to the promised land.

To my everdying shame I must admit Whitlock has convinced me that Law is who we should go after. Trade draft picks to move up and draft Johnson out of Texas to play Mike LB. Pick up a OLB free agent and we make our one last run for the Super Bowl.
but I don't think King Carl will pull the trigger :cuss: anyway, what the hell else we got to talk about this off season.

morphius
02-03-2005, 09:37 PM
I think there are a few CB's out there that will be available to come in and be a number one CB. Bring in any one of those guys and I will be happy.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:40 PM
We just need to wait til he is released.

tk13
02-03-2005, 09:44 PM
There is zero doubt in my mind that Carl will at least look at Ty Law. My biggest fear is that Law and his agent are going to say he's worth a 20-25 million dollar signing bonus and a 60-70 million dollar contract, and somebody's going to give it to him...

Hoover
02-03-2005, 09:47 PM
I think between Law and Surtian we just see who costs less.

Dayze
02-03-2005, 10:07 PM
...we will go after him, mark my words.... :harumph:

However, Carl will offer WAY below market value for him and hope the Arrowhead mystique will sell Law on coming to KC.

When all that fails, he'll tell the media "we went after him...but he didn't want to negotiate salary" That's the way the Chiesf always do it; hoping to get the rare flea market Corvette at Ford Focus prices.

htismaqe
02-04-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah, Carl will NEVER make a major move in the offseason.

After all, this is the same guy that traded picks for player with the franchise tag - a player many considered the best at his position at the time.

:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
02-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Surtain would be okay with me. Hartwell would be okay too.

Defending King Carls off season moves :shake:

Thig Lyfe
02-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Generally anything considered a wise move by a large amount of people isn't going to be done by Carl Peterson.

Skip Towne
02-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Yeah, Carl will NEVER make a major move in the offseason.

After all, this is the same guy that traded picks for player with the franchise tag - a player many considered the best at his position at the time.

:rolleyes:
Who would that be?

Spott
02-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Carl will probably talk to Law, not make an offer, and then Law will go sign with the Raiders.

TEX
02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Carl will probably talk to Law, not make an offer, and then Law will go sign with the Raiders.

Only after DV says Law can "compete" for a starting spot. ROFL

Seriously, I'd rather sign Smoot or Surtain and a ML (Hartwell) via FA rather than just Law as I'd rather get two very good players who could help for many years rather than 1 great player. This is especially true when the rules actually go against the talents of the great player. Was Champ Bailey really worth it? :hmmm:

TEX
02-04-2005, 11:18 PM
...we will go after him, mark my words.... :harumph:

However, Carl will offer WAY below market value for him and hope the Arrowhead mystique will sell Law on coming to KC.

When all that fails, he'll tell the media "we went after him...but he didn't want to negotiate salary" That's the way the Chiesf always do it; hoping to get the rare flea market Corvette at Ford Focus prices.

You have just described the new meaning of the "Arrowhead Mystique" :shake:

TEX
02-04-2005, 11:18 PM
I think between Law and Surtian we just see who costs less.

Exactly. :thumb:

TEX
02-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I think there are a few CB's out there that will be available to come in and be a number one CB. Bring in any one of those guys and I will be happy.

There were PLENTY last year! :cuss:

BigRedChief
02-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Why does it have to be either or? Why can't we sign Law and others. Fuk the cap. We can pay the piper in 2006 and 2007. Super Bowl or Bust next year.

TEX
02-04-2005, 11:44 PM
Why does it have to be either or? Why can't we sign Law and others. Fuk the cap. We can pay the piper in 2006 and 2007. Super Bowl or Bust next year.

I hear ya, but the story goes that Lamar dished out signing bonuses for Trent, Gonzo, Holmes, etc, and didn't want to do it last year. In order to fit under the cap, big signing bonuses stretched out over long term contracts has to be part of the deal.

Mr. Kotter
02-04-2005, 11:57 PM
.... Super Bowl or Bust next year.

Lamar? CP? You or your cronies stinkin' READ what BRC is sayin'? :cuss:

Seriously, AS A SEASON TICKET holder....I'll gladly endure 5 or 6 losing or 'rebuilding' seasons, if you give us a SB once every ten years or so.

Is that REALLY askin' too much? Either SHIT or get of the frickin' pot!!! :cuss:

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 07:28 AM
Who would that be?

One Chester McGlockton.

He was the Raiders franchise player at the time.

BigRedChief
02-05-2005, 10:54 AM
One Chester McGlockton.

He was the Raiders franchise player at the time.
OOOHHH JEZZZZ you had to remind us of that excellent King Carl pick up. He had a reputation as being lazy and we picked him up anyway....oh wait a mintue didn't Sims have that same reputation? What about our second rounder this year Salivi? He seems to have a history that he can motivate these players where others couldnt. Just more evidence of the arrogance coming out of one arrowhead drive.

RedNFeisty
02-05-2005, 10:59 AM
He would be better then what we have now, but why go after another person that is getting up in age and injuries!?!

LiL stumppy
02-05-2005, 11:00 AM
Drafting Derick J and signing Ty Law will make a big difference.It will improve our saftys too.

Dr. Facebook Fever
02-05-2005, 11:07 AM

"Arrowhead mystique???" What Arrowhead mystique?.....we're a losing team in an old stadium in a small market.

I love Arrowhead too but if you think that stadium is gonna help us bring in any players you're dillusional. Have you seen the new stadiums and their state of the art players facilities, fan accomodations, luxury boxes etc....?

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 12:23 PM
OOOHHH JEZZZZ you had to remind us of that excellent King Carl pick up. He had a reputation as being lazy and we picked him up anyway....oh wait a mintue didn't Sims have that same reputation? What about our second rounder this year Salivi? He seems to have a history that he can motivate these players where others couldnt. Just more evidence of the arrogance coming out of one arrowhead drive.

Nothing like revising history to make your argument...

McGlockton was considered by most to be the premiere DT in the league when the Chiefs signed him.

But by all means, make shit up if it makes you feel better.

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 12:24 PM
I think there are a few CB's out there that will be available to come in and be a number one CB. Bring in any one of those guys and I will be happy.If we can get some help at LB and get Law, then take em.

Other than that, with the new rules, LB has to be the top priority followed very closely by CB.

whoman69
02-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Ty Law will be 32 next year and is coming off a season where he spent of good deal of time on IR. Add to that he was not satisfied being on the world champions, and I can't see the upside. Sure he would be better than McCleon, but outside of William Bartee, who isn't. Law will demand a contract he will see but a fraction of. If we overspend on one player who will not be worth it, we cost our team greatly. Pittsburg and New England had their success without signing the big name FA and we can too. We need simply upgrade the position, not throw the bank at it.

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Ty Law will be 32 next year and is coming off a season where he spent of good deal of time on IR. Add to that he was not satisfied being on the world champions, and I can't see the upside. Sure he would be better than McCleon, but outside of William Bartee, who isn't. Law will demand a contract he will see but a fraction of. If we overspend on one player who will not be worth it, we cost our team greatly. Pittsburg and New England had their success without signing the big name FA and we can too. We need simply upgrade the position, not throw the bank at it.I couldn't agree more.

KC Jones
02-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Ty Law will be 32 next year and is coming off a season where he spent of good deal of time on IR. Add to that he was not satisfied being on the world champions, and I can't see the upside. Sure he would be better than McCleon, but outside of William Bartee, who isn't. Law will demand a contract he will see but a fraction of. If we overspend on one player who will not be worth it, we cost our team greatly. Pittsburg and New England had their success without signing the big name FA and we can too. We need simply upgrade the position, not throw the bank at it.

You're right on the money which is why I'm not big on Law. I also think that a really good front 7 can make an suspect secondary work, but that a suspect front 7 will make a very good secondary not matter at all. I'm all for upgrading in the secondary and can even stomach the idea of putting nearly all the marbles on next year. However I'd rather see a good player signed that has several years ahead of him instead of someone who may not have many if any good years ahead of him like Law.

BigRedChief
02-05-2005, 10:23 PM
Nothing like revising history to make your argument...

McGlockton was considered by most to be the premiere DT in the league when the Chiefs signed him.

But by all means, make shit up if it makes you feel better.

History shows that McClockten was a lazy lineman. No hostory revision needed.

So far you could make that same argument for Sims.