PDA

View Full Version : I need a bunch of new fonts

Hoover
02-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I do a lot of direct mail, and want to find a program that gives me more fonts to use on my mailings. i would like a bunch of different hand writing fonts. Any one knwo where I could find something like that?

dirk digler
02-03-2005, 09:02 PM
Hey Hoover, try Fonts.com they have a ton of fonts though you have to pay for them. I have also gone to www.1001freefonts.com and downloaded some.

Hoover
02-03-2005, 10:16 PM
How does it work? Will they just show up in word and other programs?

Hoover
02-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Anyone?

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Adobe Type Manager is what you want. It costs $, but it is, without a doubt, the most comprehencisve font application out there.

If you want to graphically design your own fonts, pick up Adobe Illustrator.

NOTE: this comes from years of working for a publishing company... it was all Adobe :thumb:

Hoover
02-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Adobe Type Manager is what you want. It costs $, but it is, without a doubt, the most comprehencisve font application out there.

If you want to graphically design your own fonts, pick up Adobe Illustrator.

NOTE: this comes from years of working for a publishing company... it was all Adobe :thumb:
How much would it run?

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
How much would it run?

I found ATM Deluxe 4.1 on Amazon for approx $50. You can purchase additional fonts to add to it from their open library.

If you're going to seriously get into publishing, you may want to look into Adobe Font Library... it has thousands of fonts (also costs thousands of dollars).

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Illustrator CS, used, will run you about $300. New, 400-500... but you can create your own fonts :D

NOTE: it's not easy. Fonts cost a lot of money because it's painstaking work done by graphic artists and calligraphers.... professionals. If you have the aptitude and patience, Illustrator is the way to go.