PDA

View Full Version : Food from an inkjet printer....

Fat Elvis
02-04-2005, 09:38 AM
http://news.com.com/When+the+sous-chef+is+an+inkjet/2100-7337_3-5561738.html

Some of this is just flat out silly, but others of it is pretty dang cool.

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Kinda neat....

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 09:43 AM
Interesting.

I recently tried sushi for the first time... OMG, that shit is GOOOOD!!!
Of course, I stayed with the safer stuff like California Rolls and Shrimp Rolls. Not sure if I really want to try sashimi (slab of raw fish on top of rice)

Ultra Peanut
02-04-2005, 09:51 AM
That's even cooler, if not more practical than, the
skin-graft printing thing (http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start=2&q=http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/news/s/143/143230_tailormade_skin_from_ink_printer.html&e=912).

Not sure if I really want to try sashimi (slab of raw fish on top of rice)Sounds neat.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 09:51 AM
Interesting.

Of course, I stayed with the safer stuff like California Rolls and Shrimp Rolls. Not sure if I really want to try sashimi (slab of raw fish on top of rice)

Been eating it for years, and your right! The shit is awesome :thumb:

Ultra Peanut
02-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I've never had sushi.

Now I want some.

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Interesting.

Sashimi is usually just fish, with no rice.

The word "sushi" is actually refering to the type of rice they use, IIRC.

California rolls are pretty safe. If you want to try the "real" sushi, go for some Salmon or Tuna. Yellowtail and Eel is also very good.

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Been eating it for years, and your right! The shit is awesome :thumb:

I was too chickenshit to try it. One of my cousins brought it to Christmas dinner... I smelled it and wretched. Recently, on a business trip, I decided to give it a shot.

Now I'm hooked!! :D

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 09:54 AM
The only bad thing about sushi is its fuggin expensive.

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 09:56 AM

wasn't bad where I stayed... 6 California Roll for $8. Add a can of Sapporo for $3.50 :thumb:

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 09:58 AM
wasn't bad where I stayed... 6 California Roll for $8. Add a can of Sapporo for $3.50 :thumb:
Thats pretty expensive for 6 pieces of California roll. Thats one of the cheapest sushi to make out there. Nori, rice, and some imitation crab and cucumber.

Usually its around 4 or 5 bucks. The "real" sushi is 5 or 6 bucks, for 3 or 4 pieces. Rolls are cheaper.

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Just make your own .

http://www.garden-gifts.com/sushi.htm

http://www.eatsushi.com/ (online video stream so you can watch it being made)

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Sashimi is usually just fish, with no rice.

The word "sushi" is actually refering to the type of rice they use, IIRC.

California rolls are pretty safe. If you want to try the "real" sushi, go for some Salmon or Tuna. Yellowtail and Eel is also very good.

What is Sushi:
It is not surprising that most people mistaken or associate the word sushi to raw fish. It may be because many sushi varieties are prepared using some type of fish or seafood and the raw part just happens to stick in peoples mind. But actually, sashimi means "raw fish". Sushi is the marriage of vinegar rice to other ingredients.
Sushi is available in so many varieties including many that have no fish or seafood at all. Sushi varieties include; vegetarian sushi (sushi with a variety of different vegetables), seafood sushi (sushi with crab, shrimp or a variety of different fish) and many sushi varieties use a strip of omelet style cooked egg with vegetables. I hope you will give sushi a try now that you know that it isn't raw fish and there are so many varieties to choose from.

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 10:58 AM
...getting....hungry....

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Yeah. I like telling people around here that I eat Sushi. They cringe and say "Raw fish?! Ewww!" Thats Kansas for ya. We don't care to see the ocean, nor eat anything that comes out of it!

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Yeah. I like telling people around here that I eat Sushi. They cringe and say "Raw fish?! Ewww!" Thats Kansas for ya. We don't care to see the ocean, nor eat anything that comes out of it!
Wadda ya expct? Fish and chips out there comes from Capt. Highliner :p

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Saul - do you go to that sushi place on 29th & Fairlawn? (approx location)

I can't think of any other sushi joint in Toepukeuhg

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Saul - do you go to that sushi place on 29th & Fairlawn? (approx location)

I can't think of any other sushi joint in Toepukeuhg
There were 3, now only 2.

Shoguns is at 29th and Arrowhead, which is close to Fairlawn. They are pretty good.

I've never tried the sushi at kiku's. They are at the Fairlawn Plaza Mall.

There used to be "Takara", which wasn't all that good. They are opening a new Japanese place (not sure if they will have Sushi..) at Huntoon and Gage, which I can't wait for. Its going to be ran by the same guy who runs Sun's Chinese, which is the best Chinese in Topeka.

Right now though I like Shoguns, and Wa's in Lawrence.

HC_Chief
02-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Shoguns is the one I was referring to. I had heard it was pretty good... I'll have to check it out next time I'm in T-Town.

Saulbadguy
02-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Shoguns is the one I was referring to. I had heard it was pretty good... I'll have to check it out next time I'm in T-Town.
Yeah, its pretty good. Lemme know, i'll buy you a bottle of Sake. :BLVD:

Over-Head
02-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Damn, why couldn’t I have known a few of you guy’s better when I was still trucking.
As many times as I ran through KC, only now do I find out there’s a few sushi coinsures like myself. :(