PDA

View Full Version : KC Metro Ara Cop Alert

crossbow
02-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Our cities finest are out in force and the traffic tickets are getting handed out like candy on Halloween. I got one today in fact.

jynni
02-04-2005, 12:29 PM
Where? I've been out and about and haven't seen any. Is it more in the down/mid town area?

KC Jones
02-04-2005, 12:37 PM
I just sped home on 71 South and saw not a single one. I see them out there on most days looking for speeders. When they pull me over I just give them some crack and it's all good.

cookster50
02-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, don't say something like this without telling us where!

71, Felony Highway!

tyton75
02-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I've actually been seeing a few more lately... wasn't sure if it was just me or not.. saw 2 on my way in this morning on 435 south in MO

crossbow
02-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Where? I've been out and about and haven't seen any. Is it more in the down/mid town area?

People I work with saw more then usual on 71 going north. I got hit in Raytown neer 87th and Blue Ridge. I was going 36 mph.

Cochise
02-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Didn't see anything this morning on I-35 up in the northland, but I can't remember ever seeing a cop there on my way to work gunning.

beavis
02-04-2005, 02:05 PM
There is a cop on I-29 just north of Vivion about every other day, but he wasn't there this morning. I haven't seen one all day. (famous last words)

ZepSinger
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
I just saw a speed trap working on K10- saw people getting tickets both directions..

Phobia
02-04-2005, 07:59 PM
People I work with saw more then usual on 71 going north. I got hit in Raytown neer 87th and Blue Ridge. I was going 36 mph.

Cool. You're my neighbor.

KCWolfman
02-04-2005, 08:02 PM
I just sped home on 71 South and saw not a single one. I see them out there on most days looking for speeders. When they pull me over I just give them some crack and it's all good.
I thought you were a meth dealer, not a crack dealer.

Demonpenz
02-04-2005, 08:04 PM
I was on k-10 doing like 90 today, but i didn't get a ticket

go bowe
02-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I was on k-10 doing like 90 today, but i didn't get a ticketthat's because you're invisible... :p

KCWolfman
02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
that's because you're invisible... :p
I was on K-2 doing about 448 m/s after I incorrectly negotiated a sharp turn against some cheap skis.

BIG_DADDY
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
I love it when people put out warnings. 2 blocks from where I was raised in Oregon used to be one of their favorite spots until I started holding a sign that said read speed trap ahead in front of our house. It was when I was between the ages of 6 - 10. People used to wave and thank me it was great. Then one day the cop caught me. He pulled over and told me to knock it off or he would arrest me I guess he thought that would scare me but it didn't I told him no. He just shook his head and drove off. I was so proud of myself I was telling people for days.

Calcountry
02-04-2005, 08:17 PM
I love it when people put out warnings. 2 blocks from where I was raised in Oregon used to be one of their favorite spots until I started holding a sign that said read speed trap ahead in front of our house. It was when I was between the ages of 6 - 10. People used to wave and thank me it was great. Then one day the cop caught me. He pulled over and told me to knock it off or he would arrest me I guess he thought that would scare me but it didn't I told him no. He just shook his head and drove off. I was so proud of myself I was telling people for days.Still proud of that moment eh? :thumb:

Spott
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
I love it when people put out warnings. 2 blocks from where I was raised in Oregon used to be one of their favorite spots until I started holding a sign that said read speed trap ahead in front of our house. It was when I was between the ages of 6 - 10. People used to wave and thank me it was great. Then one day the cop caught me. He pulled over and told me to knock it off or he would arrest me I guess he thought that would scare me but it didn't I told him no. He just shook his head and drove off. I was so proud of myself I was telling people for days.

I got a ticket by a Lee's Summit cop about 10 years ago for blinking my lights at oncoming traffic to warn them of a speed trap. The cop that pulled me over was real pissy with me and told me that he was trying to make the road safer by getting people to slow down and that I was messing it up. I told him that I was also getting people to slow down, but he didn't see it that way. I got a ticket for "warning of radar".

I haven't blinked my lights since. Now all I do when I see a cop is give them the finger.

BIG_DADDY
02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
I got a ticket by a Lee's Summit cop about 10 years ago for blinking my lights at oncoming traffic to warn them of a speed trap. The cop that pulled me over was real pissy with me and told me that he was trying to make the road safer by getting people to slow down and that I was messing it up. I told him that I was also getting people to slow down, but he didn't see it that way. I got a ticket for "warning of radar".

I haven't blinked my lights since. Now all I do when I see a cop is give them the finger.

Warning of Radar? ROFL ROFL ROFL I have never heard of something so ridiculous I wonder when they will make that a felony. What did that one run ya? Dude they would have had to take me in on that one I would have went ballistic.

Spott
02-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Warning of Radar? ROFL ROFL ROFL I have never heard of something so ridiculous I wonder when they will make that a felony. What did that one run ya? Dude they would have had to take me in on that one I would have went ballistic.

The ticket was only like 35 bucks and didn't cost any points. I just paid the ticket because there was no use fighting it. I have been to court in Lee's Summit to fight a ticket before, and if you don't have a lawyer, they automatically find you guilty so you have to pay the fine and the added court costs.

BIG_DADDY
02-04-2005, 10:15 PM
The ticket was only like 35 bucks and didn't cost any points. I just paid the ticket because there was no use fighting it. I have been to court in Lee's Summit to fight a ticket before, and if you don't have a lawyer, they automatically find you guilty so you have to pay the fine and the added court costs.

Sounds about right. It's not about being guilty or innocent it's about how much the boys network can take you down for. You and the tax payers that is.

Spott
02-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Sounds about right. It's not about being guilty or innocent it's about how much the boys network can take you down for. You and the tax payers that is.

What the cop really meant to say to was that I was blowing his chance for his bonus because I was affecting his ability to get his monthly quota for tickets.

BIG_DADDY
02-04-2005, 10:28 PM
What the cop really meant to say to was that I was blowing his chance for his bonus because I was affecting his ability to get his monthly quota for tickets.

Naw, he was just a public servant looking out for everybody else. ROFL

Where did that line public servant ever come from anyway? Public predator is more like it.

Ultra Peanut
02-05-2005, 01:59 AM
CANDY!!!!!!!!