PDA

View Full Version : Ty Law for the 3rd rounder....

PatriotofMaine
02-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Fair?

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 07:38 AM
We may not have a 3rd...depends on the John Welbourn deal.

SNR
02-05-2005, 07:58 AM
I'd try asking the front office. I'm pretty sure no executive from the Chiefs surfs the Planet.

bricks
02-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Fair?

Absolutely. You gotta deal. To bad I'm not Carl Peterson, and you not Scott Pioli.

Cochise
02-05-2005, 08:04 AM
I'd rather not, if he were going to cost us an arm and a leg anyway.

eazyb81
02-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Why wouldn't we just wait until that Pats cut him? Doesn't really make sense to give up a pick AND pay him a huge deal.

Herzig
02-05-2005, 08:27 AM
His injury and price tag concern me. I think we need to be a little cautious with him. I think I would rather have Smoot over Law and Surtain, but I would love to end up with one of the three.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 08:30 AM
We may not have a 3rd...depends on the John Welbourn deal.

I thought putting Welbourne on IR pretty much assured we weren't going to lose the third rounder, and we would just lose the fifth rounder Green Bay gave us? :shrug:

htismaqe
02-05-2005, 08:34 AM
I thought putting Welbourne on IR pretty much assured we weren't going to lose the third rounder, and we would just lose the fifth rounder Green Bay gave us? :shrug:

I really don't know for sure...

Calcountry
02-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Why wouldn't we just wait until that Pats cut him? Doesn't really make sense to give up a pick AND pay him a huge deal.Exactly.

Mr. Laz
02-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Ty Law for the 3rd rounder....

Fair?

ok ... but our 3rd rounder in 2006

Nightfyre
02-05-2005, 03:44 PM
We'll give up a third rounder in 2006 if you pay half his salary, take half the cap hit and he plays more than half of the defensive snaps.

Dave Lane
02-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Why wouldn't we just wait until that Pats cut him? Doesn't really make sense to give up a pick AND pay him a huge deal.

Negotiate the deal with his agent first... Then trade

Dave

Chris Meck
02-05-2005, 07:30 PM
brilliant; a perennial pro bowl corner for a third round pick.

PatriotofMaine
02-07-2005, 06:37 AM
I'd take it...

Why would we cut him when we can trade him?...brilliant idea, that.

CrazyHorse
02-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I'd take it...

Why would we cut him when we can trade him?...brilliant idea, that.

Because the reason you are getting rid of him in the 1st place, is because you cannot afford his salary. He may price himself out of the trade market. If he dont, then you may get a trade for him. Depends on Law and his agent. If you dont make a trade for him, the Pats will cut him. IMO.

Hoover
02-07-2005, 08:27 AM
Why give a pick, take on his contract, when you can wait and sign him as a FA?

BigChiefFan
02-07-2005, 08:31 AM
Why give a pick, take on his contract, when you can wait and sign him as a FA?Because everybody and their dog will go after him as a FA, thus driving up the price and reducing the chances of landing him.

Hoover
02-07-2005, 08:34 AM
But if you trade for him you have to take on his huge ass salary, thus killing any chance of additional FA's on Defense.

BigChiefFan
02-07-2005, 08:37 AM
But if you trade for him you have to take on his huge ass salary, thus killing any chance of additional FA's on Defense.You do just like the Broncos did and negotiate a contract before the trade ala Champ Bailey.

Hoover
02-07-2005, 08:39 AM
You do just like the Broncos did and negotiate a contract before the trade ala Champ Bailey.
OK, do we have a 3rd round pick to give?

Brock
02-07-2005, 08:42 AM

Probably not. (welbourne)

BigChiefFan
02-07-2005, 08:46 AM
As of right now, we do, however, it hasn't been announced on whether or not Welbourne played 50 % of the snaps. I don't believe that he did, but there han't been anything official on it. I would assume it would be our 4th rounder, since we put Welby on IR.

Armyofme
02-07-2005, 09:33 AM
I heard an interview with Adam Tiecher (sp?), and he said that the third rounder is gone... that Welbourne did play just over 50% of the snaps :/

BigChiefFan
02-07-2005, 10:18 AM
I heard an interview with Adam Tiecher (sp?), and he said that the third rounder is gone... that Welbourne did play just over 50% of the snaps :/
Well there's another wasted 3rd rounder. That sucks ass, because Welby wasn't very good and this year's draft is deep. Why the f did we put him on IR, then? I heard at one point his injury wasn't serious at all. Sometimes I wonder about our FO. It's like the blind leading the blind.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 10:21 AM
All the Ty Law's in the world aren't going to help your team without some D-line.

BigChiefFan
02-07-2005, 10:28 AM
All the Ty Law's in the world aren't going to help your team without some D-line.
I agree, but I think we address it in the draft. I can see us going after CB/s and LBer/s in FA and getting a DE in the 1st round. I also think Savaii was chosen to man the line and take up lots of space ala NOSE tackle. We hopefully got our anchor in Savaii, one good pass-rusher in Allen and between Dalton, Sims, and Browning, we have our undertackle. Add a player like David Pollack in the first and I can see our D-line being improved.

KCTitus
02-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Well there's another wasted 3rd rounder. That sucks ass, because Welby wasn't very good and this year's draft is deep. Why the f did we put him on IR, then? I heard at one point his injury wasn't serious at all. Sometimes I wonder about our FO. It's like the blind leading the blind.

The proper term would be 'pissed away'...You would use 'wasted' had the 'FO' used the pick on a player.

Garcia Bronco
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
I agree, but I think we address it in the draft. I can see us going after CB/s and LBer/s in FA and getting a DE in the 1st round. I also think Savaii was chosen to man the line and take up lots of space ala NOSE tackle. We hopefully got our anchor in Savaii, one good pass-rusher in Allen and between Dalton, Sims, and Browning, we have our undertackle. Add a player like David Pollack in the first and I can see our D-line being improved.

Dalton did play well at times. His problem in Denver was a poor work ethic. I watched him a few times this year....he was blowing up the middle. I personally wouldn't get too excited about Allen yet, but he did bring it. Browning...drop him....Sims...give him one more year.

Wallcrawler
02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Bah.

The Chiefs need way too much help on defense to blow all of their money on Ty Law. Last I heard, the guy still wants the bank and thinks he's Gods gift to the position.

The Chiefs need a couple of corners, desperately need a middle linebacker, and could benefit from an outside linebacker and some decent help on the defensive line to complement Jared Allen.

Wasting everything on Ty Law would be foolish, especially with his injury troubles and age.