PDA

View Full Version : The Jim Wooldrige Accomplishment Thread....

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 03:49 PM

.... Ok, that about sums it up.

Made Ricardo Patton look like a f*ckin' genious out there today.
Good bye upper division finish. Good bye NCAA. Good bye NIT. Good bye to the good feelings.

Good Bye Wooly.

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Blew 20 point lead at home to Ok. State last season with less than 15 minutes.

Hmmm. That may be a tough one to top.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 04:08 PM
This thread is blowin' up, yo.

eazyb81
02-05-2005, 04:19 PM
That's what happens when Mizzou is your Super Bowl.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 04:23 PM

If K-State fan thinks it's time for Wooldridge to go, what does that say for MU and their public backing of Snyder?

Abba-Dabba
02-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Not....gonna....say...it....

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 04:46 PM

Who's Muttzou?

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Not....gonna....say...it....

Say it...

Abba-Dabba
02-05-2005, 05:12 PM
Say it...

Woolridge sucks. He is the 3rd best coach in Kansas with the 3rd best team in Kansas.

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 05:13 PM
Woolridge sucks. He is the 3rd best coach in Kansas with the 3rd best team in Kansas.

I thought Garden City CC was? ROFL ROFL

K State is way over hyped!

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 05:14 PM

That's all? Shit, I already knew that.

As I type this Iowa State is knocking off #20 UTerus.

Breaking their 28 game road losing streak.

Abba-Dabba
02-05-2005, 05:15 PM
I thought Garden City CC was? ROFL ROFL

K State is way over hyped!

GCCC might give KSU a run for their money.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 05:15 PM

AMES WILL BURN TO THE GROUND TONIGHT!

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 05:17 PM
AMES WILL BURN TO THE GROUND TONIGHT!

ISU's last road win? That's right, at KSU in '01.

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 05:18 PM
GCCC might give KSU a run for their money.

I think the Wildcats need Hartman back.......

Abba-Dabba
02-05-2005, 05:23 PM

Well, yeah, that's all. Don't really want to bring out the lil Wildcat homer(Saul). I'm sure nobody wants to read another who is better, WSU or KSU debate from either one of us.

I'll just say WSU better start now on a new contract for Turgeon. If they can give Gene big money while not having been further than regionals in a decade they can give Turgeon alot more than what they are giving him now. Or else, 2, maybe 3 yrs... we'll haveta say buh bye. Unfortunately... :sulk:

Abba-Dabba
02-05-2005, 05:28 PM

Hey, that is a great idea! A stiffy might be just what that team needs.

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 05:32 PM
If K-State fan thinks it's time for Wooldridge to go, what does that say for MU and their public backing of Snyder?

Standards are much different.

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Standards are much different.

Yea, Mizzou's are much lower...

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Yea, Mizzou's are much lower...

Exactly :thumb: !

WilliamTheIrish
02-05-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, yeah, that's all. Don't really want to bring out the lil Wildcat homer(Saul). I'm sure nobody wants to read another who is better, WSU or KSU debate from either one of us.

I'll just say WSU better start now on a new contract for Turgeon. If they can give Gene big money while not having been further than regionals in a decade they can give Turgeon alot more than what they are giving him now. Or else, 2, maybe 3 yrs... we'll haveta say buh bye. Unfortunately... :sulk:

In this day and age, you can give coaches the world and if the better offer comes along..... it buh bye anyway.

Back to the Wooly accomplishments thread:

11 season w/o a NCAA bid. Making a stiff like Ricardo Patton look like a genious (CP spelling). 1-35 conference road record. 6-60 road record since the formation of the Big 12. Watching mediocre recruits play less than mediocre basketball.

The only thing KSU has proven is that they'll give ANY coach, regardless of prior mediocrity, a long term contract.

Eleazar
02-05-2005, 06:29 PM
They did beat us twice, but other than that, I haven't seen dick from them, no clue why everyone thought they were so good (No offense, William). It isn't like they had any impressive wins. Better than us this year, sure, but that aint saying much. They've got a losing record now since the undefeated start... (against the likes of CMSU) losing conference record.

At least maybe people will STFU on sports radio about KSU being the 'most underrated team in the country' or how they are going to be in the top 25 any minute now :rolleyes:

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 06:40 PM
I once witnessed a Juco basketball game between Coffeyvile CC and Moberly Mo CC. Aren't you impressed? Well Jack Hartman was the coach of Coffeyville and Cotton Fitzsimmons was Moberley's coach. Those were two very good teams.

HemiEd
02-05-2005, 06:44 PM
I once witnessed a Juco basketball game between Coffeyvile CC and Moberly Mo CC. Aren't you impressed? Well Jack Hartman was the coach of Coffeyville and Cotton Fitzsimmons was Moberley's coach. Those were two very good teams.

Actually I am impressed! rep to you! And you are longer in the tooth than I am, cool! :thumb:

Saulbadguy
02-06-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't know yet. I'll let the season run its course, and then decide. About midseason last year I wanted Jim fired, but he finished strong. If we don't make the NIT, I want him gone. Interesting side note about this game, that kind of pissed me off...

I went to the Uptown last night to see Mitch Hedberg. As I was walking out I saw Marques Hayden standing near the exit with a friend of his. He smiled and nodded at me after he noticed my K-State hoodie. I said "We coulda used you today man..". He smiled and laughed and said "Well you are talking to the wrong person. Coach won't let me play."

That kinda upsets me. Wooly has been saying Marques has migraines. BS.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 09:15 AM
Well, I read that Marques Hayden quit the team today. He is a Junior, I don't think he has too many options as far as transferring anywhere.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 09:21 AM
how many KState Coaches, in the current streak, didnt win a game vs. KU? been at least 3 right?

BTW, Im watching the TIVO of the game right now... Ill let you know how it turns out.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 09:23 AM
how many KState Coaches, in the current streak, didnt win a game vs. KU? been at least 3 right?

BTW, Im watching the TIVO of the game right now... Ill let you know how it turns out.
2. Again, you prove your ignorance about anything other than tee shirts.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 09:26 AM
2. Again, you prove your ignorance about anything other than tee shirts.

you forgot stocks. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=GTEL.OB

and graphic design... www.mediathinklab.com bitch.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 09:28 AM

Congrats. Stick to that, then.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 09:30 AM
no, i think i want to continue my comedy career. I have a lot of material around with KState and Mizzou, and all that...

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 09:35 AM
no, i think i want to continue my comedy career. I have a lot of material around with KState and Mizzou, and all that...
Yeah. I'm sure audiences will be quite receptive to that. You should go on tour with Paula Poundstone.

vckcchiefs04
02-11-2005, 09:51 AM
:mizzou: = Raiders

:ksu: = Raiders

Witchita State = One Year Wonders

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 09:54 AM
:mizzou: = Raiders

:ksu: = Raiders

Witchita State = One Year Wonders
Uh..you call WSU one year wonders, and you are a UMKC fan? Right.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 10:45 AM
You should go on tour with Paula Poundstone.

ROFL

woo hoo... that was funny.

Oh BTW, it looks like KU might take it... they are up 58-46 with 5:48 remaining.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 10:48 AM
ROFL

woo hoo... that was funny.

Oh BTW, it looks like KU might take it... they are up 58-46 with 5:48 remaining.
About as funny as you gloating over a 9 point victory over a bad K-State team, that happened 2 days ago.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 10:51 AM
About as funny as you gloating over a 9 point victory over a bad K-State team, that happened 2 days ago.

dude, dont spoil the ending... KState just went on a huge run, and pulled within 5... Im kinda sweating over here man.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 10:53 AM
oh yeah, dont worry... KU will be your team again soon, right? Or have we cured you of your Jayhawk fandom, yet??? heh.

WilliamTheIrish
02-11-2005, 11:05 AM

Saul you should probably apologize. Who knew we were conversing with the Donald Trump of the T-Shirt kiosk?

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Saul you should probably apologize. Who knew we were conversing with the Donald Trump of the T-Shirt kiosk?
You are right. I'm sorry. I apoligize to Ali Chi3fs, and i'll make sure I say "I'm sorry" to every loser selling home made T-Shirts at the mall this weekend. I've been thoroughly owned.

teedubya
02-11-2005, 11:08 AM
actually, we sold the t-shirt kiosk ... first of January... for a nice profit.

I invested in GTEL. :)

WilliamTheIrish
02-11-2005, 11:10 AM
actually, we sold the t-shirt kiosk ... first of January... for a nice profit.

I invested in GTEL. :)

I guess we should change this to the Ali Chi3fs accomplishment thread.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 11:12 AM
I guess we should change this to the Ali Chi3fs accomplishment thread.
Selling T-Shirts
Investments
Potty Training
Talking about Rep
Illustrious "comedy" career
The list goes on and on.

Abba-Dabba
02-11-2005, 11:13 AM

I'm gonna gloat over the Shocks 14pt win over @SIU last night. 73% shooting in the 2nd half.

Whatcha gotta say bout that, huh?

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna gloat over the Shocks 14pt win over @SIU last night. 73% shooting in the 2nd half.

Whatcha gotta say bout that, huh?
Good for you..except they didn't play SIU last night. :)

Abba-Dabba
02-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Good for you..except they didn't play SIU last night. :)

ROFL ROFL

Yeah, yeah, well you know what the helll I mean! Bud!

Okay, okay, I've been up all night...

But, anyway, SIU, Ill.St, same difference. WHo's countin anyway.

Saulbadguy
02-11-2005, 11:25 AM
ROFL ROFL

Yeah, yeah, well you know what the helll I mean! Bud!

Okay, okay, I've been up all night...

But, anyway, SIU, Ill.St, same difference. WHo's countin anyway.
Heh. I think SIU will take em to the woodshed. But we'll see.

Abba-Dabba
02-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Heh. I think SIU will take em to the woodshed. But we'll see.

I hope SIU thinks the same. Believe me, I really hope they do.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 02:55 PM
F*ck, Jim...

Come from 14 down to send the game to OT in Austin.

Then blow it.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Cartier Martin... 1-12 from the field.
JFC..

70-62 in )T :50

Mr. Laz
02-12-2005, 02:59 PM
they just puked the texas game away :shake:

wooldrige hasn't been real adapt at winning the close game during his tenure at KSU, has he.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 03:01 PM
No. He hasn't.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 03:02 PM
:06 in OT.

Cats hit a trey, get a steal, hit another trey.''

73-70

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Should be :11 sec.

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Sonofabiotch

75-72.

Saulbadguy
02-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd say its safe to say he didn't save his job. Can't even beat a UT team that has 6 scholly players available.

Oh, and I think I, at 5'9, no skills, white, etc could do a better job than Justin Williams OR Tyler Hughes. Thank god Justin Williams is graduating, and thank god Hughes is a walk-on.

Eleazar
02-12-2005, 03:17 PM
...I think I, at 5'9, no skills, white, etc could do a better job than Justin Williams OR Tyler Hughes.

Hah! Why would they sign 5'9" no skills white Saul when 6'3" no skills white Cochise has 4 years of eligibility left! Don't go chasing waterfalls :Poke:

warpaint99
02-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Shutup SAUL.

Turdbrain !

WilliamTheIrish
02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Yea, Saul!! Shut up!!!

Saulbadguy
02-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Hah! Why would they sign 5'9" no skills white Saul when 6'3" no skills white Cochise has 4 years of eligibility left! Don't go chasing waterfalls :Poke:
We will gladly take you. Wait..you are white, and not native american? Man, my image of you has been RUINED.

teedubya
02-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Selling T-Shirts
Investments
Potty Training
Talking about Rep
Illustrious "comedy" career
The list goes on and on.

Whoppers
Buffets
I love KState
I love KU
Neg Repping Commatards

the list goes on and on.

stevieray
02-13-2005, 10:15 AM
This is getting mildly entertaining.

WilliamTheIrish
02-13-2005, 11:28 AM
This is getting mildly entertaining.

It's building up to the season ending crescendo.

alanm
02-13-2005, 12:21 PM
You guys can have Barry Collier after this season. :)

KevB
02-13-2005, 01:27 PM
I'd say its safe to say he didn't save his job. Can't even beat a UT team that has 6 scholly players available.

Oh, and I think I, at 5'9, no skills, white, etc could do a better job than Justin Williams OR Tyler Hughes. Thank god Justin Williams is graduating, and thank god Hughes is a walk-on.

Um, Hughes isn't a walk-on. He was part of the Massey, Martin, Dez, and Harris class as the 5th scholarship player in that class.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2005, 04:58 PM
Um, Hughes isn't a walk-on. He was part of the Massey, Martin, Dez, and Harris class as the 5th scholarship player in that class.
Well shit. That makes me even more pissed off. Do you know what I have seen this kid doing outside of Van Zile? Smoking cigarettes. What the hell kind of athlete smokes cigarettes? No wonder he can only stay on the court 5 minutes before he starts tugging on his jersey.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2005, 06:26 PM
I hope SIU thinks the same. Believe me, I really hope they do.
Looks like the Shuckers didn't wait till SIU and bit the big one @Bradley.

I honestly can't understand the media infatuation with WSU. They play well in a crappy conference, and people think they are cinderellas. I'd be shocked if they made the NCAA's.

Saulbadguy
02-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey hey..a moral victory. We kept it within 20 points, and broke 40 points.

Weiser, its time to think about HC replacements. This shit ain't cuttin it.

WilliamTheIrish
02-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Jezus... we suck.

Saulbadguy
02-15-2005, 09:12 PM
This is the guy. Hire him. Now. Please.http://www.kusports.com/basketball/roster/04-05/mugs/jankovich.jpeg

Skip Towne
02-15-2005, 09:21 PM
This is the guy. Hire him. Now. Please.http://www.kusports.com/basketball/roster/04-05/mugs/jankovich.jpeg
Who de fook is dat?

Saulbadguy
02-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Who de fook is dat?
Come on, Skippy. Strain that brain.

Skip Towne
02-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Come on, Skippy. Strain that brain.
Must be some minor leaguer. I don't recognize him.

Saulbadguy
02-15-2005, 09:26 PM
BIOGRAPHY
Tim Jankovich enters his second season on the University of Kansas coaching staff and came to KU from Illinois, where he served under current Jayhawk head coach Bill Self.

A 19-year coaching veteran, Jankovich's pedigree reads like a Who's Who in college basketball. In addition to Self, he has served as an assistant coach for the likes of Eddie Sutton, Jack Hartman, Lon Kruger, Boyd Grant and Gene Iba. His list of employers includes the University of Kansas, University of Illinois, Vanderbilt, University of Texas, Oklahoma State and Colorado State. In addition, Jankovich has served as a head coach for four years at the University of North Texas and two seasons at Hutchinson Community College.

A 1982 graduate of Kansas State, he first built his reputation as a top recruiter when he assembled teams that helped Colorado State to the winningest period in school history, posting three consecutive 20-win seasons, two Western Athletic Conference titles and three straight postseason tournament appearances. From that point forward, success has followed him throughout his career, including a short stint working with Self and for Sutton at Oklahoma State. The Cowboys advanced to the Final Four shortly after Self and Jankovich left for head coaching positions.

In his first season as a head coach at the University of North Texas, Jankovich took over a squad that had posted a 5-22 mark and recorded the second-biggest turnaround in the nation that year, advancing his team to the Southland Conference Tournament championship game. At UNT, he recorded the second-best record in school history and took his team to the Southland Conference Tournament championship game two out of three seasons. In his fourth season, the Eagles moved from the Southland to the Big West Conference.

Jankovich also guided Hutchinson Community College, home of the NJCAA National Tournament, to back-to-back 20-win seasons, posting a 50-14 record and national rankings both seasons.

One of the winningest players in Kansas State history, Jankovich was a four-year starter at point guard (one year at Washington State) and three-year starter for legendary coach Jack Hartman at K-State. In each of his three seasons there, the Wildcats were ranked in the top-20 and posted three straight NCAA Tournament appearances. A 1981 Elite Eight appearance and a 1982 Sweet Sixteen berth highlighted his playing career.

A three-time Academic All-American and honorable mention All-Big Eight player, Jankovich left Kansas State with nine top-10 career marks at KSU, including ranking first in assists per game, first in career free throw percentage (91.7) and eighth in career field goal percentage (51.0). In addition, he holds the Big Eight Tournament record for single-game assists (14).

He graduated cum laude in 1982 with a 3.63 grade point average and received his master's degree in radio/television in 1985.

Tim and his wife, Cindy, reside in Lawrence and have a five-year-old son, Michael.

— Courtesy of KU Athletic Corp.

Skip Towne
02-15-2005, 09:35 PM
BIOGRAPHY
Tim Jankovich enters his second season on the University of Kansas coaching staff and came to KU from Illinois, where he served under current Jayhawk head coach Bill Self.

A 19-year coaching veteran, Jankovich's pedigree reads like a Who's Who in college basketball. In addition to Self, he has served as an assistant coach for the likes of Eddie Sutton, Jack Hartman, Lon Kruger, Boyd Grant and Gene Iba. His list of employers includes the University of Kansas, University of Illinois, Vanderbilt, University of Texas, Oklahoma State and Colorado State. In addition, Jankovich has served as a head coach for four years at the University of North Texas and two seasons at Hutchinson Community College.

A 1982 graduate of Kansas State, he first built his reputation as a top recruiter when he assembled teams that helped Colorado State to the winningest period in school history, posting three consecutive 20-win seasons, two Western Athletic Conference titles and three straight postseason tournament appearances. From that point forward, success has followed him throughout his career, including a short stint working with Self and for Sutton at Oklahoma State. The Cowboys advanced to the Final Four shortly after Self and Jankovich left for head coaching positions.

In his first season as a head coach at the University of North Texas, Jankovich took over a squad that had posted a 5-22 mark and recorded the second-biggest turnaround in the nation that year, advancing his team to the Southland Conference Tournament championship game. At UNT, he recorded the second-best record in school history and took his team to the Southland Conference Tournament championship game two out of three seasons. In his fourth season, the Eagles moved from the Southland to the Big West Conference.

Jankovich also guided Hutchinson Community College, home of the NJCAA National Tournament, to back-to-back 20-win seasons, posting a 50-14 record and national rankings both seasons.

One of the winningest players in Kansas State history, Jankovich was a four-year starter at point guard (one year at Washington State) and three-year starter for legendary coach Jack Hartman at K-State. In each of his three seasons there, the Wildcats were ranked in the top-20 and posted three straight NCAA Tournament appearances. A 1981 Elite Eight appearance and a 1982 Sweet Sixteen berth highlighted his playing career.

A three-time Academic All-American and honorable mention All-Big Eight player, Jankovich left Kansas State with nine top-10 career marks at KSU, including ranking first in assists per game, first in career free throw percentage (91.7) and eighth in career field goal percentage (51.0). In addition, he holds the Big Eight Tournament record for single-game assists (14).

He graduated cum laude in 1982 with a 3.63 grade point average and received his master's degree in radio/television in 1985.

Tim and his wife, Cindy, reside in Lawrence and have a five-year-old son, Michael.

— Courtesy of KU Athletic Corp.
Well, I'd never heard of Roy Williams when we hired him. Why hasn't he landed a major college HC job?

Saulbadguy
02-15-2005, 09:37 PM
Well, I'd never heard of Roy Williams when we hired him. Why hasn't he landed a major college HC job?
Don't know. I'm content that we won't hire a coach that has had major HC experience, but I want to hire an assistant at a top program, that has Big XII experience.

WilliamTheIrish
02-15-2005, 09:59 PM
Janko is no fool. He'd never take this job.

Good try though.

Steve Henson has been around the horn as an assistant. Maybe he's the guy.

Saulbadguy
02-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Oh well, it was worth a try.

Hello Kim Anderson.

Skip Towne
02-15-2005, 10:13 PM
Don't know. I'm content that we won't hire a coach that has had major HC experience, but I want to hire an assistant at a top program, that has Big XII experience.
The best hires KSU has ever made came out of the Juco ranks. Fitzsimmons and Hartman.

ChiTown
02-15-2005, 11:53 PM
[crickets chirping]................................

teedubya
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
you could have looked at the preferences of that image location, and noticed the Jankovich.jpg

:shrug:

He would seem to be a good coach, for sure. Good pedigree, nonetheless, plus a KState alumni.

I was thinking that KU doesnt have any brotha asst coaches now that Norm Roberts is gone... Sure Danny is on the bench, but he is Vp of basketball operations or some shit... KU needs another brother on the bench to help recruit. JMO.

WilliamTheIrish
02-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Today Jim accomplished a 16 point lead against Oklahoma with 19:30 to play.

Today JIm managed to coach OU back in the game by paying absolutely no attention to Drew Lavender. Lavender didn't even see the floor until 16:00 minutes to play in the 1st half.
Yet Jim's D acted as though he were not there. In 26 minutes of play Lavender scored 27 points and brought his team back by driving the length of the court in 4.3 sec's and throwing up a f*cking prayer ala Tyus Edney that hit the rim 3 mf'ing times before the Gods of basketball decided it should fall.

Ok, so Jim's team has dropped 6 straight and look to be fighting it out with Baylor for 12th in the conference.

There is talent here, but that talent does not play defense well. That's coaching lads.

I've seen many heartbreaking losses in long fandom of KSU Bball. Most of them have been NCAA tourney losses.

This one was the most pathetic.

Spott
02-19-2005, 03:06 PM
Today Jim accomplished a 16 point lead against Oklahoma with 19:30 to play.

Today JIm managed to coach OU back in the game by paying absolutely no attention to Drew Lavender. Lavender didn't even see the floor until 16:00 minutes to play in the 1st half.
Yet Jim's D acted as though he were not there. In 26 minutes of play Lavender scored 27 points and brought his team back by driving the length of the court in 4.3 sec's and throwing up a f*cking prayer ala Tyus Edney that hit the rim 3 mf'ing times before the Gods of basketball decided it should fall.

Ok, so Jim's team has dropped 6 straight and look to be fighting it out with Baylor for 12th in the conference.

There is talent here, but that talent does not play defense well. That's coaching lads.

I've seen many heartbreaking losses in long fandom of KSU Bball. Most of them have been NCAA tourney losses.

This one was the most pathetic.

Losing ala Tyus Edney can't be near as bad as being the ones that actually lost to Tyus Edney.

WilliamTheIrish
02-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Losing ala Tyus Edney can't be near as bad as being the ones that actually lost to Tyus Edney.

Well... yeah....maybe... Ok.... (sigh)

HC_Chief
02-19-2005, 03:45 PM
So who's the replacement? He obviously has to go... he's had 5 years and hasn't been able to do jack. Heck, you guys ran Altman for less... and his teams were winners!!

Let me throw a name out there... see what you think: Matt Doherty

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Mother..****er.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
So who's the replacement? He obviously has to go... he's had 5 years and hasn't been able to do jack. Heck, you guys ran Altman for less... and his teams were winners!!

Let me throw a name out there... see what you think: Matt Doherty
Tim Jankovich
Doherty, maybe. He seems to want to get back in to coaching.
Roy Halladay
Nolan Richardson (maybe)

warpaint99
02-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Saul. You worthless bitch turd.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Saul. You worthless bitch turd.
ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2005, 08:56 PM
ROFL

Saul, wth did you do to warpaint?

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Saul, wth did you do to warpaint?
He posts on KStatefans.com under another monikor. I think I got him banned from there..i'm not sure yet. He hasn't posted in a bout a week or so.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
He posts on KStatefans.com under another monikor. I think I got him banned from there..Nice goin, bitch turd.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Nice goin, bitch turd.
He posted the same worthless shit on there as he did here. Complained about the NCAA being corporate sellouts, and constantly bitched about Jim Wooldridge.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM
He posted the same worthless shit on there as he did here. Complained about the NCAA being corporate sellouts, and constantly bitched about Jim Wooldridge. I just like "bitch-turd". I think I'll steal it.

warpaint99
02-20-2005, 09:45 PM
He posted the same worthless shit on there as he did here. Complained about the NCAA being corporate sellouts, and constantly bitched about Jim Wooldridge.

LYING BITCH. Your wrong. I didn't say anything about the ncaa.

You complained that I called WOOL a crappy coach.

I think SAUL said in his creepy high pitched gay tone " Please Ban this person he offers nothing substantive to this board "

I also insulted the moderator a few times.

So they banned me.

WilliamTheIrish
02-20-2005, 10:21 PM
LYING BITCH. Your wrong. I didn't say anything about the ncaa.

You complained that I called WOOL a crappy coach.

I think SAUL said in his creepy high pitched gay tone " Please Ban this person he offers nothing substantive to this board "

So they banned me.

That site sucks anyway. It's run by a bunch of Jwankers.

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 06:07 AM

and cut to..

So they banned me.

ROFL

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Eh..its ok. Kinda over-moderated..heh.

Skip Towne
02-21-2005, 09:32 AM
We wouldn't have to run your site for you if K-Staters could read and write.

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 01:01 PM
We wouldn't have to run your site for you if K-Staters could read and write.

Every one of the KSU message board sites suck. That one in particular is just a crummy board moderated by morans (CP spelling)

The gopowercat message board sucks because of a couple KSU fans that frequent it are the worst posters on any message board I've ever seen.

There is one board that's pop up free, but it gets little traffic.

Big 12 War Zone used to be fun.....

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Every one of the KSU message board sites suck. That one in particular is just a crummy board moderated by morans (CP spelling)

The gopowercat message board sucks because of a couple KSU fans that frequent it are the worst posters on any message board I've ever seen.

There is one board that's pop up free, but it gets little traffic.

Big 12 War Zone used to be fun.....
Kstatefans is the best IMO. Gopowercat has Manhatter and Fatty fat fat..and various other morons. KSF has some decent mods now, but they "overmoderate" like I said. And it has a ton of Bitchita State trolls...

Big12Warzone is still fun...

Saulbadguy
02-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Here is a nice little picture of the shot. ****. He wasn't even looking at the basket.

http://sooner.nmn.speedera.net/pics29/400/WI/WIZEQUSTWPHPEMD.20050220092719.jpg

and afterwards...
http://www.kstatecollegian.com/articles/1108965600/view/02.19.05.s.OUclelebrate6LEAD.ch.jpg
WE BEAT K-STATE! WE BEAT K-STATE! LETS CELEBRATE! WOOO!

WilliamTheIrish
02-23-2005, 11:25 AM
So tonight we fight it out with Baylor for 12th.

I'm so giddy with anticipation.

Saulbadguy
02-23-2005, 07:04 PM
So tonight we fight it out with Baylor for 12th.

I'm so giddy with anticipation.
Yep. Battle for last place. Its on in a few minutes.

Skip Towne
02-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Yep. Battle for last place. Its on in a few minutes.
On what? The Gong Show?

Saulbadguy
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Wooly manages to stay out of the basement with a win over Baylor. :shrug:

WilliamTheIrish
02-23-2005, 10:35 PM
Wooly manages to stay out of the basement with a win over Baylor. :shrug:

Sole possession of 11th place. Ahhh............who knew it could feel this good?

warpaint99
02-23-2005, 11:31 PM
hahaha............

kstate will turn it around when they get a Point and a real shooting guard. Clent Stewart and Peete are NOT the answer. If I posted that on Kstatefans they would whine all day about those players being the 'bomb'. BAaaaahhhhh.

Saulbadguy
02-24-2005, 06:12 AM
I don't know what you are talking about. Fred Peete shut down Baylors best player all night, and Peete is consistently our best defender, and outside shooter.

Clent is a true frosh, and is going to break Steve Hensons freshman assist record. He just needs to shoot the ball more, and work on his D.

By the way..did Lance Harris have another TURD of a game?

Our guards aren't the reason we games. Our lack of a solid inside game, and 5 spot, really hurt us.

WilliamTheIrish
02-26-2005, 06:34 PM
In the seemingly never ending search for any accomplishment, today we find Jim Wooldrige in Boulder to search for a tie breaker in an attempt to move his team out of 11th place.

In a fine display of coaching, Wooly's guys came out on fire and built a 10 point lead hal way through the first and maintained it for the entire 20 minutes, leading 39-29 at the half.

Led by Jeremiah Massey, who had 12 points and 9 rebounds in the first half, K-State shot 55% from the field in grabbing the lead.

IN the 2nd half, Jim's guys continued to shoot well and rebound and with 4:00 minutes to play pushed the lead to 16. Then Jim tried to accomplish "snatch defeat from the certain jaws of victory."

Inbstead of attacking the weak CU d with Massey, Jim chose to run melt time off the clock. This led to poor shots or turnovers and within two minutes CU was on a 12 run and had close to within 4.

K-State had a chance to ice with :09 seconds to play but Lance Harris missed both double bonus FT's and Marcus Hall drove the length of the court but missed a weak layup attempt for the tie.

Why the hell they didn't give it to Richard Roby (30 points 7-10 from 3ball land.) is beyond me. He couldn't be stopped. Scored 30 overall, 25 in the 2nd half.

So JIm has accomplished a possible better than 10th place finish, despite himself.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah. I went to Bramlage last night for the KU-KSU game and see #53 retired, and when we went in KSU was beating CU by 15 points.

Then they announce the final score. How did they blow that big of a lead? sheesh..

WilliamTheIrish
02-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Yeah. I went to Bramlage last night for the KU-KSU game and see #53 retired, and when we went in KSU was beating CU by 15 points.

Then they announce the final score. How did they blow that big of a lead? sheesh..

By not taking the O right at CU shiot D during the last 4 minutes. Jimmy began running clock and they immediately starting going backwards. Roby was hitting everything late too. Fall away 3 bombs from the corner.... straight up contested 3's... the guy was on fire.

warpaint99
02-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Woolridge needs to be fired because he 'COACHES CLOSE' games instead of 'ATTACKING'.

He has ZERO margin for victory.

I also can't stand the type of players he recruits. Seems he just tries to recruit ATHLETES and not ball players.

He has only lucked out with Massey and some with Cartier.

His guards are not guys you rely on and are streaky. Big problem there. He also didn't recruit nationally like going to California and Ny. Recruiting only local players wont get you anywhere.

vckcchiefs04
02-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Uh..you call WSU one year wonders, and you are a UMKC fan? Right.
Yes.... I am a fan of a team who has never done a thing in their history and are close to going to the big dance, nothing more. WSU.... good every 20 years or so. So you can take your sensative a$$ somewhere else and cry. 4321

Saulbadguy
02-28-2005, 07:42 AM
Yes.... I am a fan of a team who has never done a thing in their history and are close to going to the big dance, nothing more. WSU.... good every 20 years or so. So you can take your sensative a$$ somewhere else and cry. 4321
ROFL

A bit touchy...I harbor no ill wills towards UMKC. Damn, trying to repress memories from last year...

On the other hand, WSU loses again. Thats 4 losses in 5 games.

Saulbadguy
03-01-2005, 07:20 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?KSU4Wool&1

I thought this petition was pretty funny.

DJay23
03-01-2005, 08:55 PM
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?KSU4Wool&1

I thought this petition was pretty funny.
Was this started by KU fans?

WilliamTheIrish
03-01-2005, 10:53 PM
Retain him? Not if I'm the AD.

Course I'd fire our frappin AD to boot. That guy is a useless turd.

I want some changes in that athletic department.

ChiTown
03-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Retain him? Not if I'm the AD.

Course I'd fire our frappin AD to boot. That guy is a useless turd.

I want some changes in that athletic department.

Timid Tim is a worthless bag of shit. Other than that, he's ok.

He's getting his lunch handed to him on a daily basis by Lew Perkins. Makes me sick..............

Saulbadguy
03-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Probably a good thing Perkins won't be around that much longer.

Saulbadguy
03-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, ole Jim led the Wildcat and its seniors to a 73-53 THRASHING of the Corn. I wish I knew some NU basketball fans to raz, but they are all NU Football/some other team in Basketball fans. Justin Williams had the best game of his career. Figures he would wait this long to play well.

As far as Wooly's accomplishments, I suppose this one is worth noting. He leads them to their first winning record (16-11) since..well, awhile. 98-99 maybe?

Saulbadguy
03-06-2005, 09:06 PM
..and K-State draws the Texas Aggies for the 6:00 game on Thursday (Session 2) at Kemper. Winner plays KU.

Has Wooldridge won a Big XII tourney game yet? Last year we got hammered by ISU. Year before that, Pasco Fiasco. I'm sure he's won at least one..I just can't remember.

Ah well, we owe the fAggies one. This game is very winnable, considering how we have been playing down the stretch (pretty good, 3 out of 4).

WilliamTheIrish
03-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Probably a good thing Perkins won't be around that much longer.

Where'd you hear that Saully?

WilliamTheIrish
03-06-2005, 10:50 PM
..and K-State draws the Texas Aggies for the 6:00 game on Thursday (Session 2) at Kemper. Winner plays KU.

Has Wooldridge won a Big XII tourney game yet? Last year we got hammered by ISU. Year before that, Pasco Fiasco. I'm sure he's won at least one..I just can't remember.

Ah well, we owe the fAggies one. This game is very winnable, considering how we have been playing down the stretch (pretty good, 3 out of 4).

I know he has at least one win.

The Double OT game against Baylor at the Kemper in his 2nd(?) season. Larry Reid and Baylor frosh John Lucas matched score for score in that game.

Saulbadguy
03-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Where'd you hear that Saully?
Its the writing on the wall. Plus some unnamed "inside" sources.

He is here to raise TONS of money, and thats what he is doing. I predict after they get the greenlight for a new FB Complex, he will be gone.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Latest accomplishment..breaking news:

Wooldridge meets quota, loses his 2nd player this year. Fred Peete is leaving the team.

Peete leaving Kansas State

Cats' guard asks for, receives release from scholarship
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
By Tim Bisel
The Capital-Journal

Kansas State guard Fred Peete has asked for and received a release from his scholarship, The Topeka Capital-Journal has learned.

Peete played just one year for K-State but was one of only two players who started every game for the 17-12 Wildcats. His departure, coupled with the loss of senior forward Jeremiah Massey, means K-State will be without its two best scoring threats next year.

Coach Jim Wooldridge didn't return phone calls from The Capital-Journal on Wednesday.

A 6-foot-4 sophomore, Peete led K-State in scoring on seven occasions. His 13.0-point average on 37.3 percent shooting trailed only Massey's 17.9-point mark.

Peete also topped K-State in minutes (34.9) and steals (62), and was second in assists (109) and third in rebounds (146).

His finest performance came in a 75-72 overtime setback at Texas on Feb. 12. He hit 7 of 14 3-pointers, scored a career-high 28 points and almost single-handedly helped the Wildcats rally from a 14-point, first-half deficit.

Peete joins a long list of players -- including high-profile recruits Nick Williams, Dez Willingham and Marques Hayden -- who have left the Wildcat program since Wooldridge took charge in 2000.

Hayden played for K-State each of the past three seasons but was dismissed from the team in February. He will transfer to Washburn this summer.

Peete came to K-State after a one-year stint at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, where he earned third-team NJCAA All-America honors.

ROYC75
04-21-2005, 07:25 AM
Poor Kitten fans, just when things were looking brighter for them.

But hey, you had a nice year....... better than years past.

Skip Towne
04-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Time for a coaching change.

WilliamTheIrish
04-21-2005, 10:55 AM
Time for a coaching change.

Yep. It sure was. WE might have had a chance at Matt Do or the guy at UWM, but now we're dead.

Oh well. I said last season that I'd not go until the university made a real committment to winning.

Guess this will be season #2 of no WTI at the Bram.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 11:02 AM
I'll still be there. Already bought my season tickets. I'm done defending the guy, but gotta stick with him. He's our coach.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Peete elects to leave K-State men’s program
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KSU Sports Information

Sophomore guard Fred Peete has elected to leave the Kansas State men's basketball team, head coach Jim Wooldridge announced on Thursday.

Fred Peete has left Wildcat basketball program.
"Fred has expressed his desire to exclusively play the point guard position," said Wooldridge. "He feels like this is his best position to reach his goal of playing in the NBA. Consequently, he has decided to transfer to a program where he can play the point guard position 100 percent of the time. We wish him the best as he pursues his individual goals."

"In this day and age in college athletics, transferring has become a somewhat common occurrence," said Wooldridge. "Our league and institution are not immune from this type of situation. We feel very confident in our returning players and the anticipation of success for next season."

Peete was one of just two Wildcats (Clent Stewart) to start in all 29 games this past season. He averaged 13.0 points on 37.3 percent shooting (122-of-327), including 34.9 percent (44-of-126) from 3-point range with 5.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 2.1 steals in 34.9 minutes per game.

Peete transferred to Kansas State last spring after playing one year at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M in Miami, Okla. A native of Memphis, Tenn., Peete graduated from Pullman High School in Pullman, Wash.

Due to recruiting obligations, Wooldridge will not be available for further comment.

Saulbadguy
04-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Ok..Peete wants to be a PG. I don't think he is a PG. Why did he commit to the program in the first place knowing he wouldn't be a full time PG?

Saulbadguy
05-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Keeping up with the tradition of this thread, Wooly loses another player...yet this guy hasn't even joined the team yet. Ousmane Cisse leaves for JUCO. Doubtful if Sidike Sidibe will ever see Manhattan,KS. We picked up a guard who played for Temple, and then got kicked off the team for repeated rule violations. What next, Jim?

Lzen
05-11-2005, 10:30 AM
You know it's bad when a player opts to go to JUCO rather than Division I program, KSU. ROFL

Saulbadguy
05-11-2005, 10:32 AM
You know it's bad when a player opts to go to JUCO rather than Division I program, KSU. ROFL
Usually it means they are too stupid to qualify.

the Talking Can
05-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Usually it means they are too stupid to qualify.

in this case it means they're too smart to play for KSU....

Saulbadguy
06-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Holy ****ing shit..the circle is now complete. ChiTown, WtI..i'd like to hear a ruling on this.

K-State's 2005 Non-Conference Schedule

Thu., Nov. 3 GLOBAL SPORTS (exhib) (HOME)
Thu., Nov. 10 TBA (exhib) (HOME)
Fri., Nov. 18 GEORGIA SOUTHERN (HOME)
Wed., Nov. 23 NEW MEXICO (HOME)
Sat., Nov. 26 STEPHEN F. AUSTIN (HOME)
Wed., Nov. 30 CAL STATE FULLERTON (HOME)
Sat., Dec. 3 @ WASHINGTON STATE(AWAY)
Mon., Dec. 5 LONGWOOD (HOME)
Wed., Dec. 7 COLORADO STATE (HOME)
Sat., Dec. 17 BETHUNE-COOKMAN (HOME)
Tues., Dec. 20 @ NORTHERN ILLINOIS (AWAY)
Thu., Dec. 29 BELMONT (HOME)
Mon., Jan. 2 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (HOME)

JESUS Christ? Longwood?! This looks like a very tough BASEBALL Non-Con schedule (see CSF, Bethune-Cookman)...maybe Wooly consulted Brad Hill.

BTW, the sight of BELMONT on the schedule makes me shudder in fear.

teedubya
06-13-2005, 08:07 AM
Its called the GOD PLEASE LET ME KEEP ME JOB schedule.

WilliamTheIrish
06-13-2005, 09:53 AM

You should probably go donate blood to JR Giddens.

Coogs
06-13-2005, 09:56 AM

A loss at home to Longwood could be bad for Jim.

Saulbadguy
06-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Longwood (WTF is that) was 1-30 last year. They were ranked #328 out of #330 in the RPI. They are a Division 1 Independent. This is worst than Arkansas Pine-Bluff.

Goapics1
06-13-2005, 10:09 AM
Longwood (WTF is that) was 1-30 last year.
Was St.Mary's School of the Blind booked so they had to go with Longwood?

Saulbadguy
06-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Was St.Mary's School of the Blind booked so they had to go with Longwood?
No. They actually refused a 2 for 1. Had to go with the next worst team.

go bo
06-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Woolridge sucks. He is the 3rd best coach in Kansas with the 3rd best team in Kansas.they have three teams in kansas?

ChiTown
06-13-2005, 01:03 PM
Holy ****ing shit..the circle is now complete. ChiTown, WtI..i'd like to hear a ruling on this.

K-State's 2005 Non-Conference Schedule

Thu., Nov. 3 GLOBAL SPORTS (exhib) (HOME)
Thu., Nov. 10 TBA (exhib) (HOME)
Fri., Nov. 18 GEORGIA SOUTHERN (HOME)
Wed., Nov. 23 NEW MEXICO (HOME)
Sat., Nov. 26 STEPHEN F. AUSTIN (HOME)
Wed., Nov. 30 CAL STATE FULLERTON (HOME)
Sat., Dec. 3 @ WASHINGTON STATE(AWAY)
Mon., Dec. 5 LONGWOOD (HOME)
Wed., Dec. 7 COLORADO STATE (HOME)
Sat., Dec. 17 BETHUNE-COOKMAN (HOME)
Tues., Dec. 20 @ NORTHERN ILLINOIS (AWAY)
Thu., Dec. 29 BELMONT (HOME)
Mon., Jan. 2 NORTH DAKOTA STATE (HOME)

JESUS Christ? Longwood?! This looks like a very tough BASEBALL Non-Con schedule (see CSF, Bethune-Cookman)...maybe Wooly consulted Brad Hill.

BTW, the sight of BELMONT on the schedule makes me shudder in fear.

Ruling? Uh, what's there to say? The schedule sucks, as does our coach and AD. The only game worth going to on that schedule is New Mexico (26 wins last year and a NCAA Tourney appearance). It's hard to believe that our schedule could get any worse, but somehow, it did. BRAVO!

Other than that, you could combine all those OOC teams into one and they'd represent the University of Suck. phuckit

Saulbadguy
06-13-2005, 01:17 PM
they have three teams in kansas?
The quite unheard of Wichita State. They are KU and KSU's "scrappy little brother".

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I figured this would be as good a time as any to bump this thread for my fellow KSU sympathizers. I went to the Basketball practice and "scrimmage" before the Texas A&M Football game. Here is what I noticed:

1. They were pretty tired after the 2 hour practice, so they didn't move the ball all that well, and were kinda sloppy with the ball handling.

2. Lance Harris is going to be the "go to guy" for this team this year. He made several nice mid range jumpers, and was physical on D.

3. Clent Stewart improved his shot. He has been working at it hard, sometimes shootin over 500 a day. Could have something to do with Mario Taybron pushing for PT.

4. Wooly was constantly yelling "PUSH IT". The starters pushed the ball up the court fairly well.

5. I think the motion offense will fit well for our athletic guards. Lance Harris, David Hoskins will play exclusively 2 and 3, while Clent and Mario will switch from the Point and the 2 guard.

6. We have no size. Our biggest guy (6'9, 250) is Dramane Diarra, who has some decent moves, but has been a year removed from bball. Serge Afeli looked raw, and undersized. Hughes was winded after running up the court a few times (again). Darren Kent did not play. Cartier Martin will provide decent size + quickness in the 4 spot, and especially provide pretty good defense against the Big XII big men. (see Taj Gray last year for an example)

Overall i'm optimistic (not saying much, I always am). It will be fun to watch the new offense. I can't wait until November 3rd...BRING ON EA SPORTS!! :cuss:

ChiTown
10-25-2005, 09:54 AM
I didn't get to the scrimmage, but did Cartier bulk up at all? I always thought that If they are going to have him playing the 4, then he needed to put some weight on in his upper body. tks.

Saulbadguy
10-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I didn't get to the scrimmage, but did Cartier bulk up at all? I always thought that If they are going to have him playing the 4, then he needed to put some weight on in his upper body. tks.
Not that I noticed. Looks the same to me. I thought he did a decent job at the 4 last year. Plus he was injured quite a bit last year as well.

BTW, they have extended the student section, and moved it over to section 19-20 (ICAT), and 21-24 (Student GA). It used to be just sections 18-22. They also have GA available for non-con games.

Eleazar
10-25-2005, 10:02 AM
Will the football or basketball team win more conference games this year? ;) :p

ChiTown
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Not that I noticed. Looks the same to me. I thought he did a decent job at the 4 last year. Plus he was injured quite a bit last year as well.

BTW, they have extended the student section, and moved it over to section 19-20 (ICAT), and 21-24 (Student GA). It used to be just sections 18-22. They also have GA available for non-con games.

He's been nothing, if not injured during his 2 years at KSU. I like his play, but the 4 spot is very physical. That's why I had hoped he would have bulked up to have the physical endurance to play that spot all year.

My starting 5 come B12 play:

1. Mario Taybron
2. Lance Harris
3. David Hoskins
4. Cartier Martin
5. Dramane Diarra/Tyler Hughes.

First off the bench: Serge Afeli

My buddy at the KSU AD says Taybron is the best PG he has seen at KSU in a long time. Not to mention, he has a very smooth stroke from the outside.

ChiTown
10-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Will the football or basketball team win more conference games this year? ;) :p

Heh, that's easy.

It will be a tie.

Saulbadguy
10-27-2005, 02:38 PM
So as of right now, we have no recruiting class for 2006.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Ok, another fast start to conference play by Wooly's boys.

Saturday Wooly's lads went to Ames and never got off the bus in the first half. Down 14 at half, the Cats roared back and made a game of it.
With 1minute 10 seconds left in regulation, the Cats had the ball and a chance to take the lead.

The result of the posession? A turnover. The 23 of the night.

But wait, ISU misses the front end of a 1 and 1. Cats rebound and still have a chance to get the lead with 30 seconds left.

The result? A turnover. The 24th of the night.

The final result? A loss by 2 on the road.

Tonight, the home opener of the conference season and the Cats continue their stellar play by turning the ball over 25 times and scoring exactly 2 points... yes, you heard right.... 2 points in the first 10+ minutes of the second half.

It was beautiful.

We were pounded like a noob in the prison yard.

But hey, we broke 40 points.

Nice job Wooly.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Oh, and we shot .229 from the field tonight.

Kudos Wooly.

Saulbadguy
01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Worst effort i've ever seen. Probably the worst game i've ever attended. Jesus ****ing christ.

At least now I can watch the KU-KSU game this weekend and just laugh. We really have no chance in hell.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Worst effort i've ever seen. Probably the worst game i've ever attended. Jesus ****ing christ.

At least now I can watch the KU-KSU game this weekend and just laugh. We really have no chance in hell.
You'll have the best chance you've had in years.

Saulbadguy
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
You'll have the best chance you've had in years.
0=0

No chance in hell. This team is ****ing horrible. This could be worst than Tan Toms last year.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:43 PM
0=0

No chance in hell. This team is ****ing horrible. This could be worst than Tan Toms last year.
That's music to my ears. :p

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 09:44 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a guy be so bad yet be retained with the backing of the UP.

700k x 5 years = 3.5 mil.

Divide that by his 60 wins and it's as good a gig as a person can get.

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a guy be so bad yet be retained with the backing of the UP.

Hell, that's almost 60K per win. That's almost as much as I make.

Saulbadguy
01-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I did see Josh Freeman at the game though.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I made a mistake.

KSU was held without a FG for ... get this... the last 9:48 of the first half, and then the first 11 minutes of the second half.

20+ minutes without shooting one in from the field. No alley oop. No dunk. No layup. No tip in. No put back. No bunny. No short j. No medium range j. No trey. Nothing. Zero. Nada. Nyet.

That my friends is some sweet, sweet basketball.

Thanks Wooly.

ROYC75
01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Just bring them Kittens to KU Saturday..... the streak rolls on.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Wooly should drop his resignation on John Wefald's desk at sunup.

I pledged after the 04 season that if he were not canned I would not spend any money on KSU Bball.
To this day I have held myself to that promise.

It's time for Wooly to go. NOW.

KChiefs1
01-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Seriously....you know it's bad when your fans pine for the days of having Dana Altman as the head coach.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Seriously....you know it's bad when your fans pine for the days of having Dana Altman as the head coach.

Who's pining for Altman?

Skip Towne
01-11-2006, 10:48 PM
I made a mistake.

KSU was held without a FG for ... get this... the last 9:48 of the first half, and then the first 11 minutes of the second half.

20+ minutes without shooting one in from the field. No alley oop. No dunk. No layup. No tip in. No put back. No bunny. No short j. No medium range j. No trey. Nothing. Zero. Nada. Nyet.

That my friends is some sweet, sweet basketball.

Thanks Wooly.
Although I somewhat enjoy your misery, I really don't want K-State to be down like that. They have been very competitive in the past. Cotton Fitzsimmons and Jack Hartman come to mind. Cotton came from Moberly Juco and Jack from Coffeyville (while I was a student there) Juco. I wonder why they don't try to mine that shaft again? They couldn't do any worse than they have just picking coaches at random. Lots of top Juco coaches have had success at the next level. Nolan Richardson won a NC at Arkansas for example. They need to do something different than what they are doing.

KChiefs1
01-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Who's pining for Altman?

at least two K-Staters that I know of....pretty pathetic actually.:shake:

ArrowheadHawk
01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
ksu sure is tearing up the conference right now you better cancel the saturday upset party

the Talking Can
01-11-2006, 10:54 PM

heard this on the radio:

he has 8 road wins in his entire tenure at KSU..and only 6 league road wins...can that be right? that's insane..

chiefqueen
01-11-2006, 10:54 PM

No, bad is when they're pining for Asbury.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:56 PM
at least two K-Staters that I know of....pretty pathetic actually.:shake:

At least two?

Well f, better call Dana right now.

alanm
01-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Seriously....you know it's bad when your fans pine for the days of having Dana Altman as the head coach.And us Creighton fans thank the brain trust at KSU for firing him.
ROFL

Besides he is a Nebraskan so he's where he's supposed to be anyway.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:58 PM
heard this on the radio:

he has 8 road wins in his entire tenure at KSU..and only 6 league road wins...can that be right? that's insane..

I don't think that's correct.

I think KSU has 6 league road wins since the inception of the Big 12 (I'm not kidding.)

Wooly has .... maybe 3.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 10:59 PM
And us Creighton fans thank the brain trust at KSU for firing him.
ROFL

You're right. He's found his home in MVC. Not too crowded. Never any real good teams. His squads jump up and nip a team or two in the NCAA, but he's where he needs to be.

And I won't mention you're a Creighton fan, Saulm

the Talking Can
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't think that's correct.

I think KSU has 6 league road wins since the inception of the Big 12 (I'm not kidding.)

Wooly has .... maybe 3.

:eek:

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
No, bad is when they're pining for Asbury.

I'm sure there's at least two.

alanm
01-11-2006, 11:04 PM
You're right. He's found his home in MVC. Not too crowded. Never any real good teams. His squads jump up and nip a team or two in the NCAA, but he's where he needs to be.

And I won't mention you're a Creighton fan, SaulmI like the Huskers too... But I was born and raised in Omaha so I'm a Creighton fan first when it comes to hoops.
:)

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
And people thought Nolan Richardson's played 40 minutes of hell.

Nolly's got nuttin' on Jim Wooldridge.

WilliamTheIrish
01-11-2006, 11:05 PM
I like the Huskers too... But I was born and raised in Omaha so I'm a Creighton fan first when it comes to hoops.
:)

It's okay alan. I'm just giving you crap.

ChiTown
01-11-2006, 11:30 PM
{crickets}

leviw
01-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Wooly should drop his resignation on John Wefald's desk at sunup.

I pledged after the 04 season that if he were not canned I would not spend any money on KSU Bball.
To this day I have held myself to that promise.

It's time for Wooly to go. NOW.

I honestly thought he was going to announce his resignation at the post-game presser. He had no answers. Tough to watch a good guy like Wooly fail so miserbly.

They made 11 shots all night. 11 of 47.

Yeah. 11 shots.

Saulbadguy
01-12-2006, 09:10 PM
And us Creighton fans thank the brain trust at KSU for firing him.
ROFL

http://members.cox.net/praguian/freeman.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
01-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I honestly thought he was going to announce his resignation at the post-game presser. He had no answers. Tough to watch a good guy like Wooly fail so miserbly.

They made 11 shots all night. 11 of 47.

Yeah. 11 shots.

Sorry lev, but I fell for that 'aw shucks' crap when he was hired. 3.5 mil later, no post season, so real success at all, and the guy runs players off at a rate that makes me dizzy.

So, the 'aw shucks' guy can take his money and go quietly into the sunset.

leviw
01-12-2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry lev, but I fell for that 'aw shucks' crap when he was hired. 3.5 mil later, no post season, so real success at all, and the guy runs players off at a rate that makes me dizzy.

So, the 'aw shucks' guy can take his money and go quietly into the sunset.

Being a good guy doesn't necessarily relate to being a good coach. I don't think he can relate to his players, but I think he has outstanding people skills, which was the main reason Wefald salvaged him last season: He's a good guy.

But last night after the game, he was asked what the players' emotions were after the game. He shook his head and said he couldn't really say, that he didn't know. That speaks volumes that in 5+ seasons he can't read a player's emotion after a game, especially one where they got absolutley embarrassed.

That said, I think you'll get your wish, and he'll be out very shortly...possibly on his own tems. He's a good guy, though, and I wish him success wherever he goes.

Abba-Dabba
01-13-2006, 12:46 AM

I really do hate it when I right. In this case, not so much though. ROFL

Saulbadguy
01-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I really do hate it when I right. In this case, not so much though. ROFL
What is Woolys record vs Turg?

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 10:12 AM

:shake:

Can't believe I went through the ultimate high, and the ultimate low, in the span of less than 4 days. Will this save Wooly's job?

A few more perfomances like this one, and it just might. Get us 8 or 9 more wins like this one Jim, and i'd be happy to keep you around.

leviw
01-15-2006, 12:39 PM
:shake:

Can't believe I went through the ultimate high, and the ultimate low, in the span of less than 4 days. Will this save Wooly's job?

A few more perfomances like this one, and it just might. Get us 8 or 9 more wins like this one Jim, and i'd be happy to keep you around.

That's what I love about K-State fans. It takes very little to please them.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2006, 02:26 PM

After 31 in a row, I'll take pleasure in any damn thing I please.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 04:24 PM
..and then on the other hand, you have KU fans. I can't wait till tommorow at work when all of them will be crying like someone shot their dogs, ****ed their mothers, and poured sugar in their gas tanks.

Then they will analyze the entire game minute by minute, talk about Bill Selfs choice of suit, and try and guess what Darnell Jackson ate for breakfast by studying the smell of his farts.

ROYC75
01-15-2006, 04:27 PM
..and then on the other hand, you have KU fans. I can't wait till tommorow at work when all of them will be crying like someone shot their dogs, ****ed their mothers, and poured sugar in their gas tanks.

Call the cops, now we know who did these crimes.

HC_Chief
01-15-2006, 04:31 PM
heh, 'grats mildkittens.... about time.

leviw
01-15-2006, 05:04 PM

Then they will analyze the entire game minute by minute, talk about Bill Selfs choice of suit, and try and guess what Darnell Jackson ate for breakfast by studying the smell of his farts.

...but, the K-State fans are now perfectly content to keep a poor to awful basketball coach who has produced aboslutley nothing in his time at the school because his below average to poor team beat another below average to poor team by four points, even if his team finishes 9-7, 10-6 in a very weak conference and AGAIN misses out on postseason play.

...all the while, the K-State fans are still trying to convince themselves the KU football program hasn't caught up with their own.

All in all, it's good, though. It's now a legit rivalry in both sports for the first time in a VERY long time. I'm all for that.

Mr. Laz
01-15-2006, 05:10 PM
says the part time KU fan....

a year ago you were a k-state football/ku basketball fan

then you became a ku football fan as well because k-state started to suck at that too.

so now your full aboard the k-state bandwagon ............. until they lose.

who's next ... gonna break out your Texas longhorn gear?

bandwagon dumbass

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 05:40 PM
says the part time KU fan....

a year ago you were a k-state football/ku basketball fan

then you became a ku football fan as well because k-state started to suck at that too.

so now your full aboard the k-state bandwagon ............. until they lose.

who's next ... gonna break out your Texas longhorn gear?

bandwagon dumbass
Haha. You are a retard.

BTW, i'll be rooting for KU tommorow night. Does that bug you? And calling me a bandwagon fan..have you even set foot in Memorial stadium? Shut up before you make yourself sound like more of a sour pussy.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
...but, the K-State fans are now perfectly content to keep a poor to awful basketball coach who has produced aboslutley nothing in his time at the school because his below average to poor team beat another below average to poor team by four points, even if his team finishes 9-7, 10-6 in a very weak conference and AGAIN misses out on postseason play.

...all the while, the K-State fans are still trying to convince themselves the KU football program hasn't caught up with their own.

All in all, it's good, though. It's now a legit rivalry in both sports for the first time in a VERY long time. I'm all for that.
Oh, i'm definately not sold with Wooldridge at all. If he can produce 8 or 9 more conference wins and get us in the tourney, i'm sold.

The KU football program has gotten better and i'll readily admit that, while the K-State football program has had a couple of down years. Terry Allen really killed the KU football program, but it seems like Mangino is actually getting D-1A prospects, unlike TA. Well, that is when he cheats (hehe). All joking aside, i'm afraid for my Cats this coming year when they visit Lawrence.

Finally, I totally agree with your third paragraph.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2006, 05:56 PM

Riiiiight.

I was going to write this long post telling you how wrong you are, but instead I'll use the words that have haunted me for 11 years.

Scoreboard.

[I'll leave out the obligatory CP expletive, 'cause you're a good guy. When your team's a winning.

leviw
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Riiiiight.

I was going to write this long post telling you how wrong you are, but instead I'll use the words that have haunted me for 11 years.

Scoreboard.

[I'll leave out the obligatory CP expletive, 'cause you're a good guy. When your team's a winning.

I'd actually like to see your long post.

When you say "Scoreboard," do you mean the 12-3 shalacking KSU put on KU in KSU STADIUM this year when the Hawks didn't have Swanson, their only productive quarterback this season, available?

Or...do you mean the 31-28 game in Lawrence in 2004. Oh, I guess KU won that game. Probably don't mean that one, do you?

Basketball scoreboard? Four points over the youngest, most inconsistent KU team in years. Nice.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2006, 06:06 PM

When you say "Scoreboard," do you mean the 12-3 shalacking KSU put on KU in KSU STADIUM this year when the Hawks didn't have Swanson, their only productive quarterback this season, available?

Or...do you mean the 31-28 game in Lawrence in 2004. Oh, I guess KU won that game. Probably don't mean that one, do you?

Basketball scoreboard? Four points over the youngest, most inconsistent KU team in years. Nice.

Scoreboard, bitch.

leviw
01-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Scoreboard, bitch.

KU=K-State

It bothers the KU hoops fans.
It bothers the K-State football fans.

It's the truth.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 07:20 PM

Scoreboard is only valid when current. 31-28 means nothing. 3 points over the youngest, most inconsistent KSU team in years. And it was last year, AT MEMORIAL Stadium, in front of the first sellout crowd its seen in 20 years.

This year, KSU currently has Football, and MBB scoreboard. KU has Volleyball (first time in 21 tries). We'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 07:24 PM
By the way, leviw, it brings me great joy that you give K-State all that money each and every year. Keep up the good work.

leviw
01-15-2006, 07:50 PM
By the way, leviw, it brings me great joy that you give K-State all that money each and every year. Keep up the good work.

Dr. Wefald thanks me everytime I see him, too.

KU also has a bowl game in the current year. KSU does not. Doesn't really apply to "Scoreboard," but it's telling, nonetheless, and should count towards something.

Also, I'm content to give KSU the thumbs up on the half the men's basketball and football and just leave volleyball off the chart. Because, if we go volleyball, soon we'll have to start throwing out women's hoops scores and rowing formailities; it's just not worth it.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 08:56 PM

KU also has a bowl game in the current year. KSU does not. Doesn't really apply to "Scoreboard," but it's telling, nonetheless, and should count towards something.

Also, I'm content to give KSU the thumbs up on the half the men's basketball and football and just leave volleyball off the chart. Because, if we go volleyball, soon we'll have to start throwing out women's hoops scores and rowing formailities; it's just not worth it.
I'll give you the Bowl game. It was good for the program, even if was a pre-Christmas bowl game, that had poor attendance. Plus KU had to rely on an NCAA rule change to become bowl eligible. I'm pretty sure if K-State had NU and ISU at home, we'd be eligible as well, but it wouldn't matter, the season wouldn't have been a success.

If you want to throw away the Volleyball and rowing, alright. How about the KSU-KU-MU triangular coming up?

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2006, 09:00 PM

I agree. It's FB and MBB. That's all I care about. And baseball too. But we haven't really challenged for the top half of the conference save once or twice.

The women's sports just don't mean anything to me. Never have. Never will.

leviw
01-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I'll give you the Bowl game. It was good for the program, even if was a pre-Christmas bowl game, that had poor attendance. Plus KU had to rely on an NCAA rule change to become bowl eligible. I'm pretty sure if K-State had NU and ISU at home, we'd be eligible as well, but it wouldn't matter, the season wouldn't have been a success.

If you want to throw away the Volleyball and rowing, alright. How about the KSU-KU-MU triangular coming up?

A pre-Christmas, poorly attended bowl is better than no bowl by any program's standards, I'm sure. Less we forget, K-State had its golden opportunites at home (Colorado and A&M) without NU and ISU.

That said, the triangular is huge, no doubt. I have no idea what sport we're looking at here, but I'm sure the implications are mind blowing.

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Works for me.

leviw
01-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Going to the A&M game on Wed.?

Saulbadguy
01-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Going to the A&M game on Wed.?
Wouldn't miss it for the world. Could be a good crowd on hand now that the fog (no pun intended) has been lifted from the program, temporarily. Going to see the Cats beat the dirty god damn slavers on Saturday as well.

leviw
01-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world. Could be a good crowd on hand now that the fog (no pun intended) has been lifted from the program, temporarily. Going to see the Cats beat the dirty god damn slavers on Saturday as well.

Should be a nice crowd for both. Although, there was a nice crowd at the NU disaster, too. It will be interesting to see how they respond after Saturday with these two crucial, winnable home games.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2006, 11:18 PM

Since you asked:

K-State fans are happy about one thing: A giant gorilla is off our backs. How that translates into K-State fans are perfectly content..blah, blah, blah is a stretch of your vivid imagination. I've been around long to know the glory days of KSU MBB. One victory over the in-state rival doesn't change the thought that Wooly must go.

Yep, Wooly was at the helm when the streak was ended. It's a great win for him. But overall, it's like having a cherry atop a large pile of dog feces and calling it Sheridan's Custer.

This team - because of the way it's coached - could very well give back all the momentum it just built by losing to aTm next week. That's the reality of the situation.

Personally, my mind won't be changed unless Wooly manages to garner an NCAA berth.

Your football analogy is more ridiculous. According to you, one football victory by KU in 12 years and a 12-3 loss at Manhattan this season means KU has "caught up" with KSU.

Using that same train of thought, this victory by KSU must mean KSU is on equal footing with KU in MBB.

Saying it don't make it so.

DJay23
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Haven't gotten a chance to post on KU related threads this season so far because I've been dealing with a crazy now EX girlfriend. I wasn't dodging the inevitable.

Congrats to all the 'Cats fans this year. Streaks are bound to come to an end at some point. I'm more concerned with the streak we have in your building, but anyway. You got that monkey off your back, good for you, doesn't matter the state of either program a win is a win and there were several times when K-State almost got us in our better years.

As for KU, I hope this all pans out. I won't stand for a mediocre, Mizzou like team year in and year out. Self better get these young pups up to speed in a hurry or he'll be coaching in Conference USA or something.

WilliamTheIrish
01-15-2006, 11:30 PM
I've been dealing with a crazy now EX girlfriend.

That's actually worse than a 31 game losing streak. :)

Good luck with that.

GT Orange
01-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Since you asked:

K-State fans are happy about one thing: A giant gorilla is off our backs. How that translates into K-State fans are perfectly content..blah, blah, blah is a stretch of your vivid imagination. I've been around long to know the glory days of KSU MBB. One victory over the in-state rival doesn't change the thought that Wooly must go.

Yep, Wooly was at the helm when the streak was ended. It's a great win for him. But overall, it's like having a cherry atop a large pile of dog feces and calling it Sheridan's Custer.

This team - because of the way it's coached - could very well give back all the momentum it just built by losing to aTm next week. That's the reality of the situation.

Personally, my mind won't be changed unless Wooly manages to garner an NCAA berth.

Yep. I'm ecstatic the streak is over, but I'm waiting to see if this is a sign of things to come or if the team played over their heads a bit. I'm not about to give Wooldridge another year if this is all he can muster. If we fall flat on our faces the rest of the season we need to have some fresh coaching ideas in the program NOW while we have some good talent to coach. If this is TRULY a step forward, I'll GLADLY admit I'm wrong. For right now, I'm still skeptical Wooldridge is the right guy for the job...

leviw
01-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Since you asked:

Your football analogy is more ridiculous. According to you, one football victory by KU in 12 years and a 12-3 loss at Manhattan this season means KU has "caught up" with KSU.

Using that same train of thought, this victory by KSU must mean KSU is on equal footing with KU in MBB.

Saying it don't make it so.

I don't know what your "I'm old enough to remember the glory days, blah blah blah" statement has to do with anything. Fill me in.

In any case, I wasn't signaling you out as one with a new-found-Wooly love. I just know this team is less than a week removed from one of the most embarrassing losses it's seen on Wednesday night. Then, the team rallies to beat a medicore KU team days later--a game in which they score 18 points in the first half. And now, Wooly is fine in A LOT eyes around here.

But, you know as well as I do, that win bought him the rest of the season, at least. And, with Wefald calling all the shots around here, who's to say what else it saved him. It's medicority at it's best, and it flies around here for some reason.

As for football. Open your eyes. Look at what went on the past 11 seasons before KU took the game in 2004. Now look. KU has been to a bowl two of the last three seasons while K-State hasn't been to a bowl in two seasons. Like it or not, Mangino has the program on the right track and has finally cleared most of the filth Allen left behind--and there was a lot.

On the other hand, K-State fell of big the last two seasons. Snyder lost his players. Thankfully for the program, he recognized it and got out. But, they hire a no-name coach who has never coached a down of football as a head coach. Yes, he's doing a great job with the recruiting trail, but will that translate to victories. Who knows?

In my eyes, it's been more of K-State falling off than KU gaining ground. But in either case, it's evening up, and there is no denying it. It's hard for K-State fans to deal with, like it's hard for KU fans to deal with the fact that their basketball program might be in trouble if these recruits don't pan out quickly.

You're obviously free to have your own beliefs, however.

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 06:18 AM
"Bought the rest of the season"
What the hell else choice do we have? You don't just fire a college coach mid-season because of poor perfomance. There is nothing to gain from that, at all. Let him finish the year out, and then decide what you are going to do.

leviw
01-16-2006, 12:04 PM
"Bought the rest of the season"
What the hell else choice do we have? You don't just fire a college coach mid-season because of poor perfomance. There is nothing to gain from that, at all. Let him finish the year out, and then decide what you are going to do.

A poor performance? Look, you didn't see Wooly after the NU game. He was done for. He had no answers, and he wasn't looking for any.

I didn't say it had to be a firing. It could have easily been a resigniation or a mutual parting. And, with a loss at Kansas, nobody would have been against either one; not Wooly, not Wefald, not Weiser.

If that would have happened, assistant coach Jimmy Elgas would have stepped in and the team wouldn't have suffered much. He's the one who kept trying to convince Wooly to go to a zone in the KU game. Finally Wooly listened. The rest was history. He'll have a head coaching job not to far down the line.

In any case, you can't tell me after last season's embarrassing debacle, with Wefald calling ALL the shots, that Weiser doesn't already have Wooly's pink slip filled out and ready to be handed out as soon as the pres gives him the "okay."

Saulbadguy
01-16-2006, 07:33 PM
...and I thank god Wooly didn't hang it up after the NU debacle. He gave me one of the most memorable sports memories of my young life.

WilliamTheIrish
01-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Yep. I'm ecstatic the streak is over, but I'm waiting to see if this is a sign of things to come or if the team played over their heads a bit. I'm not about to give Wooldridge another year if this is all he can muster. If we fall flat on our faces the rest of the season we need to have some fresh coaching ideas in the program NOW while we have some good talent to coach. If this is TRULY a step forward, I'll GLADLY admit I'm wrong. For right now, I'm still skeptical Wooldridge is the right guy for the job...

This is how most of the fans I know feel.

The win was great. But the elixir of whipping the other in state university will wear off quickly if Wooly drops another at home to aTm.

WilliamTheIrish
02-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Jim,'s latest accomplishment is going on the road to Waco to take on the Baylor Bears. That's right, those Bears.

The Bears that are 2 seasons removed from murder and mayhem among the players on the team. Loser of 20 in a row. The team that played no OOC schedule.

Well tonight KSU went to Waco and JIm coached his team to a miraculous OT loss to the Baylor Bears. Three times blowing big leads.(8 twice. 11 once.)

Fine job Jim. You're almost 4 million dollars into embezzling your contract from the university. Please, just take my money and go. I won't hate you. I promise. Just. Please. GO!!!

Thanks,

William

Saulbadguy
02-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Great. I was looking forward to this bump. What's funny is we will probably beat OSU and ISU, giving us renewed hope.

Amazing how this team pisses down the side of its leg on the road, each and every time.

Coach
02-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Christ, losing to Baylor is not only a National Joke, but it should also be in grounds for a firing.

Skip Towne
02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Jim,'s latest accomplishment is going on the road to Waco to take on the Baylor Bears. That's right, those Bears.

The Bears that are 2 seasons removed from murder and mayhem among the players on the team. Loser of 20 in a row. The team that played no OOC schedule.

Well tonight KSU went to Waco and JIm coached his team to a miraculous OT loss to the Baylor Bears. Three times blowing big leads.(8 twice. 11 once.)

Fine job Jim. You're almost 4 million dollars into embezzling your contract from the university. Please, just take my money and go. I won't hate you. I promise. Just. Please. GO!!!

Thanks,

William
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! You guys can beat KU but can't beat Baylor. Hahahahahaha

Hammock Parties
02-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Id have to say that Kstate, when it comes to basketball and football, is one of the most bipolar universities i have ever known. i mean you can beat us Hawks(at the fog) and then you can go to waco and lose to maybe the worst team in the history of the BigXII. I really thought maybe kstate was at a turning point, but then i realized it almost looks like they arent... Definitely got the talent on that team this year id say. also, football, cant ever wint he clutch games that you could have won... maybe like purdue in the same season you guys were in the running for the national title and i cant remember if that was the year michael bishops name was being thrown around for heisman also. but yah, want to watch a flakey team, watch anything that has to do with kstate. Not bashing the wildcats by any means, just pointing out what i have noticed.

Abba-Dabba
02-02-2006, 12:55 AM

Thanks,

William

Awww, don't give up hope just yet. They still are the 3rd best college BB team in Kansas. :p

leviw
02-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Dude is in rough shape.

Dunit35
02-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Awww, don't give up hope just yet. They still are the 3rd best college BB team in Kansas. :p

Ha. FHSU is ranked #2 in the nation in Div. 2.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Dude is in rough shape.
I've heard whispers that he is having health issues.

I've also heard that he will resign before the end of the season..some say he will resign soon.

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2006, 10:35 AM

I've also heard that he will resign before the end of the season..some say he will resign soon.

Yea, I've got health issues too.

I'm sick of missing the NCAA tourney.

leviw
02-06-2006, 10:47 AM

He was asked about his health situation after the game on Saturday. He said:

"It's not an issue....yet, anyway."

Then was asked again in a more round-about way:

"It's not an issue. Not an issue.....yet, anyway."

Read what you want into it. I really do think he has health issues, hopefully not serious ones. But this sets up so perfectly. He can resign at the end of the season claiming his health. Weiser will be able to shake his hand and smile, all the while looking peachy because he didn't have to fire the coach who, at least to fans, has a genuine personality and is a down-home, good guy who put his heart into everything he did at K-State but just sucked throughly as a coach.

Fans who wanted Jim out long ago will take pity in the health issue and wish him the best. We all will when he takes an assistant job under Tim Floyd at USC.

Everybody. I mean EVERYBODY will come out of this deal, which could have gotten ugly, smelling like roses. Wooly, Weiser, Wefald and the fans.

Though, if Wooly really is severly sick, it will be sad no matter the case. I don't believe he is severly sick, though, otherwise he would resign right now. I'm guessing it's stress-related ulcers or something along those lines. But, at this point, I'm not sure.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll be surprised if we hire someone who doesn't make the fans say "Who?"

Of course, that's usually the case.

leviw
02-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Sounds good to me. I'll be surprised if we hire someone who doesn't make the fans say "Who?"

Exactly.

It still makes me sick that Weiser will do the work of finding and interviewing candidates, but Wefald will be the one who makes the hire.

But as of now, it seems that strategy worked just fine with Prince.

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Everybody. I mean EVERYBODY will come out of this deal, which could have gotten ugly, smelling like roses. Wooly, Weiser, Wefald and the fans.

Yea, the fans got just what they wanted for their 4 million dollar 6 year investment. Gosh, I hope the millionaire feels good when he leaves.

What horseshit.

Wooly is going to finish the season. That's the only 'rosey' situation here.

I'm not picking on you, but if that's the scenario in the AD's office, they can all kiss my ass.

leviw
02-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Yea, the fans got just what they wanted for their 4 million dollar 6 year investment. Gosh, I hope the millionaire feels good when he leaves.

What horseshit.

Wooly is going to finish the season. That's the only 'rosey' situation here.

I'm not picking on you, but if that's the scenario in the AD's office, they can all kiss my ass.

I agree with you. I like your outlook. You're not satisfied with this mediocrity that has persisted on this campus within the athletic department for years now -- not just on the men's basketball court, either. The thing is, there are a lot of people around here who are fine and dandy with everything.

They like having these great-character kids with the good-guy coach. The team creates very little racket as far as getting in trouble goes off the court. They win enough games and spark enough hope to draw in some fans for big conference games. They usually play KU close 1 out of 2 games a year. It's enough to bring a half smile to their faces.

Man, if I were you, I'd be relentless. Drop e-mails to Weiser, more importantly Wefald, and let them know your feelings. You won't get a response, but you will get read.

Coogs
02-06-2006, 12:42 PM
I agree with you. I like your outlook. You're not satisfied with this mediocrity that has persisted on this campus within the athletic department for years now -- not just on the men's basketball court, either. The thing is, there are a lot of people around here who are fine and dandy with everything.

They like having these great-character kids with the good-guy coach. The team creates very little racket as far as getting in trouble goes off the court. They win enough games and spark enough hope to draw in some fans

Not trying to hijack a thread, but....

Oddly enough, this sounds a whole lot like the Chiefs.

Back to the accopplishments of Wooldridge.

leviw
02-06-2006, 12:47 PM
Not trying to hijack a thread, but....

Oddly enough, this sounds a whole lot like the Chiefs.

Back to the accopplishments of Wooldridge.

I think it's a midwest thing. If the Royals start winning 75 games a year for the next three years but still not make the playoffs, would Buddy Bell's contract not be extended through 2055?

Coogs
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
I think it's a midwest thing. If the Royals start winning 75 games a year for the next three years but still not make the playoffs, would Buddy Bell's contract not be extended through 2055?

At least that long! :)

Saulbadguy
02-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Just heard that Wooly is having back surgery, and will not be coaching Wednesday night. Jimmy Elgas as interim coach. I wonder if this is it.

Skip Towne
02-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Yea, I've got health issues too.

I'm sick of missing the NCAA tourney.
I'm surprised you even know what it is.

Skip Towne
02-06-2006, 04:34 PM

Not always a bad thing. We said "Who" when KU hired Royboy.

leviw
02-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Wooldridge To Undergo Neck Surgery Wednesday

MANHATTAN, Kan. – Kansas State head coach Jim Wooldridge will have surgery Wednesday to remove a bulging disk in his neck and will be unable to coach the Wildcats against Iowa State that evening, the school announced Monday.

Assistant coach Jimmy Elgas will serve as the team’s interim head coach in Wooldridge’s absence. Elgas is in his sixth season at Kansas State, including his fourth as an assistant coach.

“I have been suffering with this condition for much of the season and it has become more acute over the past 10 days,” said Wooldridge. “The doctors have informed me that without immediate attention that this condition will only become more serious and permanent. I hate to step away from the team at such a critical juncture of the season, but I believe that I have to take measures now to correct these health issues.”

Wooldridge, after undergoing tests by team doctors in Manhattan, was referred to a neurosurgeon in Kansas City on Monday, and surgery was recommended. Wooldridge is suffering from a “significant disk protrusion” at the C3-4 vertebrae in his neck, which is creating pressure on his spinal cord causing numbness in his upper and lower extremities. Doctors also discovered a disk bulge and a small bone spur at the C5-6 vertebrae.

Wooldridge’s return to coaching will be dictated by the speed of his recovery and a medical clearance from his physician.

CoMoChief
02-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, I read that Marques Hayden quit the team today. He is a Junior, I don't think he has too many options as far as transferring anywhere.

MU could really use a big guy. Hayden was good down low I thought. Hell a 3rd grader is better than Kevin Young. How he was the 2nd best recruit in FL aside from Amare Stoudamire is beyond me. There just seems to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much of a talent drop off from Stoudamire to Young.

leviw
02-06-2006, 05:12 PM
MU could really use a big guy. Hayden was good down low I thought. Hell a 3rd grader is better than Kevin Young. How he was the 2nd best recruit in FL aside from Amare Stoudamire is beyond me. There just seems to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too much of a talent drop off from Stoudamire to Young.

Good luck finding Hayden.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Hayden was arrested in Topeka last time I checked. He was set to become an Ichabod, and then quit the team. Or something.

WilliamTheIrish
02-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Bulging disc huh?

They are bothersome as hell, but his coaching has been a bigger pain in the azz than his health.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Bulging disc huh?

They are bothersome as hell, but his coaching has been a bigger pain in the azz than his health.
Jimmy Elgas is the man.