PDA

View Full Version : Unbreakable

j molina
11-30-2000, 09:22 PM
I saw this movie today, and I have to say it is pretty good. I don't get out to too many movies, but I really liked this one. Willis and Sam Jackson are great. This is one of those movies that you have to pay complete attention the whole time or you may not pick up on the plot till the very end. Character development unfolds throughout the whole movie, as it should, instead of the "get acquainted now lets go on some adventure" type. It takes a lot of concentration, but I like that kind of thing.

The little kid in the movie, while not as cute as the 6th sense kid, is pretty good too.<BR>

Ecto-I
11-30-2000, 09:24 PM
thanx for the crtique DJay . . . my wife has shown interest in this film.

Spooge
12-01-2000, 12:07 AM
I'll agree--the movie is great... had me "wow"ing all the way to the end...

And it's completely different from the 6th Sense (for those wondering)... However, considering the two movies--I think it's a safe bet to say the guy who does it knows how to make movies...

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 12:14 AM
I enjoyed it but was still disappointed in it. Good concept, but I thought they could have done a bit more with it. Maybe I was trying to compare it to the sixth sense too much, and IMO that was a much better movie, but still this is a pretty good one in it's own right. Worth a see. I will say this for that director though, he sure does know how to make good endings...

ddpatterson
12-01-2000, 04:15 AM
I saw this movie opening night, and I have to say I was disappointed by it. It was very slow and had a disappointing ending. I enjoyed the sixth sense, and many other Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson movies, but I would not recommend this one.

Duck Dog
12-01-2000, 06:42 AM
I thought it was a great show. The ending was every bit as surprising as the ending to Sixth Sense. There were a few times during the show where I thought "oh no, this is gonna get cheesy", but it never happened. I didn't like it as much as the Sixth Sense, but that's only because I like scary movies (and there are sooooo few of those. Blood and guts are NOT scary. Just gory.)

A very good movie, IMO.

DoktorSmith
12-01-2000, 07:57 AM
I was VERY disappointed. Perhaps I expected too much after The Sixth Sense, but I came away feeling cheated.

The director was far too enamored of his camera tricks. They quickly went from innovative and quirky to irritating.

For most of the movie, the actors simply mouthed their lines. I saw precious little acting and only two believable characters.

Maybe I was just in a bad mood…

xoxo~
gaz
cranky when disappointed.<BR>

DoktorSmith
12-01-2000, 07:58 AM
BTW, Mrs. Gaz liked it better than I did.

xoxo~
gaz
deferring to her better judgement.<BR>