PDA

View Full Version : The Kansas ZOne is picking up...

Ari Chi3fs
02-05-2005, 05:11 PM
:KU:

Rock Chalk Friendly People... what do you think of the new Kansas Zone that they are implementing? It is nice to see 5 jayhawks swarm to the ballholder. I think it is quite possible this crew could run the rest of the Big XII schedule. Prolly lose in the Big XII tourney, but may refuel in time for NCAA Dance.

Typical 1st or 2nd round close game wakeup... and roll to final four. :homer: says they play Illinois in Final Four Semis... With UNC plays some 5 seed.

UNC vs :KU: in championship game. Oh the potential drama.

please help... cochise is a :thailor: he is sending me wierd pms. I think he may be teh ghey.

Bearcat
02-07-2005, 11:15 AM
:KU:

Rock Chalk Friendly People... what do you think of the new Kansas Zone that they are implementing? It is nice to see 5 jayhawks swarm to the ballholder. I think it is quite possible this crew could run the rest of the Big XII schedule. Prolly lose in the Big XII tourney, but may refuel in time for NCAA Dance.

Typical 1st or 2nd round close game wakeup... and roll to final four. :homer: says they play Illinois in Final Four Semis... With UNC plays some 5 seed.

UNC vs :KU: in championship game. Oh the potential drama.

please help... cochise is a :thailor: he is sending me wierd pms. I think he may be teh ghey.

It was a lot better than Nebraska's 4-guys-on-the-ball-and-no-one-near-the-paint pressure defense ROFL

It's a nice wrinkle to their game. It's a great time to start experiminting, too. Not just with the MU game last week, but we have our lineup settled for now, and it'll give us a chance to get better at it before the tournament.

I haven't watched OU or OSU much, but I think we'll lose one of those. Plus, who knows how well MU will play in their SB.

Maybe it's because I'm sick of hearing the question "Who's better: UNC or Illinois?" (or as asked on ESPN, "Who's better: UNC or, eh, nevermind.. how 'bout them Tarheels!!!"), but of those 3 teams, I think UNC has the greatest chance of not being in the Final Four. When I watch them, I see a Roy Williams team... and until proven otherwise, I'm going to think that they'll either run into a good defense or just flameout in March.

The media has such a short attention span when it comes to picking the most entertaining team to win.... if it's the Colts or UNC or whoever, vs. picking the best team to win.

Maybe if they dominate the ACC's best defense on Wednesday, I'll change my mind.

Illinois/KU wouldn't only be a great matchup, it would be such a great atmosphere with both schools so close to St. Louis ( :Lin: ).

ENDelt260
02-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I clicked on this thread just to see if the Kansas Zone was a minor league soccer team.

Lzen
02-07-2005, 11:47 AM
I don't much care for zones. I suppose that's probably because when Roy Williams used to run it, they always seemed to leave a good 3 point shooter open and the other team would start raining 3s. :cuss: Kansas was actually running a 3-2 zone as opposed to Williams' 2-3 zone. I suppose it's a nice changeup from time to time.

redhed
02-07-2005, 11:48 AM
I thought it would be a fan group, like Mich State's IzZone..."RC friendly peeps"

Scaga
02-07-2005, 12:49 PM
I don't think they play a real geat zone "D".
Too many holes in it. A good passing team will eat it up.
It's nice for a change of pace, but man-to-man will still be their bread and butter.

(and yes... I am a KU fan).

Lzen
02-07-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't think they play a real geat zone "D".
Too many holes in it. A good passing team will eat it up.
It's nice for a change of pace, but man-to-man will still be their bread and butter.

(and yes... I am a KU fan).

I'm a fan of the man-to-man, in-your-face type of defense, too. But I think KU's zone has been very effective. As long as they don't begin to rely on it a lot, it'll be a nice changeup. Any zone can be defeated by good passing and penetration. The key is to know the strengths of the opposing players. Know when to move, how far to move, and how fast.