PDA

View Full Version : Good students in Texas get days off of school

Jenson71
02-05-2005, 06:08 PM
No link, saw it on Fox. The bill is supposed to motivate people and help the slow kids who get more time with the teacher. What do you think?

KCWolfman
02-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Do good workers get more time off from work?

It is a horrid idea, especially with our educational system constantly in a state of flux. From what I understand Texas isn't too cool on the 50 state ranking when it comes to education anyway.

BroWhippendiddle
02-05-2005, 08:12 PM
Not to insult anyone from Texas, but at what level of achievement classifies a good student? Someone that can chew tobacco without dribbling down their chin?

You heard about the University of Oklahoma junior that transferred to University of Texas? When he crossed the state line the average IQ of both states went up!!

RINGLEADER
02-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a swell idea until you realize that the kids who do well are usually the ones who enjoy being there. Plus I'd hate to think of all the damage this kind of idea would do to the social fabric of the high-school dating scene...

Rain Man
02-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Interesting. It gives more time to slow students to push them towards average, and less time to strong students to push them towards average.

Cochise
02-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I never understood why some of my college professors graded on attendance. As you moved more into your later courses it wasn't as true, but it really hacked me off when some of them did. If I can do well in your course without coming to class, then your forcing me to take it was probably pretty trivial in the first place, wasn't it? Ridiculous.