PDA

View Full Version : Should marijuana be legal?

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 08:35 PM
I just felt like starting a thread sure to go over 100 posts. I vote yes.

Stinger
02-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Well if you really want to know those who voted for ... *puff* what are we talking about?

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 08:37 PM
You would've had better results with a daytime thread on a weekday.

I vote yes, too.

Since I don't smoke regularly anymore, when I do get the hankering for some it's a bitch to get ahold of because I don't have any regular hookups. Sure would be nice if I could just wander down to the 7-Eleven.

Braincase
02-05-2005, 08:38 PM

I vote yes, too.

Since I don't smoke regularly anymore, when I do get the hankering for some it's a bitch to get ahold of because I don't have any regular hookups. Sure would be nice if I could just wander down to the 7-Eleven.

I thought Jay & Silent Bob were at the minimart.

FloridaChief
I defer to SNRck...

BroWhippendiddle
No.

chief52
02-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Of course it should. It sure would piss off the growers. Why not let real farmers grow it and make legitimate money? It is frustrating to see the area I live in get gobbled up by young pot farmers. Got nothing against pot, but a lot against the growers.

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 08:40 PM
I thought Jay & Silent Bob were at the minimart.
Heh... I know a gal who bought some blow off some random dude in a convenience store parking lot.... in Scottsdale. I figured you could do such a thing in various parts of town, but I had no idea you could pull off such a feat in Scottsdale.

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 08:42 PM

I vote yes, too.

Yeah, the daytime weekday thing would have been better but sometimes this will linger for days. SD Chiefs fan quit posting his ridiculous views and converted so it may not do so well. (Unless we find another nut)

Braincase
02-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Legal, regulated, and taxed to the max. Decriminalization means the criminals don't make a profit off of it. Easier to identify the abusers and get them treatment.

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Legal, regulated, and taxed to the max. Decriminalization means the criminals don't make a profit off of it. Easier to identify the abusers and get them treatment.
You think there's potheads in need of treatment?

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Heh... I know a gal who bought some blow off some random dude in a convenience store parking lot.... in Scottsdale. I figured you could do such a thing in various parts of town, but I had no idea you could pull off such a feat in Scottsdale.
Although I have no knowledge of her being involved with any drugs, I'll bet my 16 year old daughter could hook you up inside an hour.

chief52
02-05-2005, 08:45 PM
You think there's potheads in need of treatment?

Don't you?

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Don't you?
I suppose I know some that need an insulin injection.

Jenson71
02-05-2005, 08:47 PM
How long has pot been around for smoking? Anyone know?

Here's my thoughts. Pretty much all of the kids in my class have smoked pot at one time or another. There's also a lot of potheads. Those people can get careless. Their grades slip, they don't do the things they used to do. But I've smoked it before, and I'm fine. It relaxes you and makes things fun. The key is, like everything, moderation.

I don't think you can get addicted to it though...And I don't think it's as harmful as cigs or alcohol. If that's wrong though, feel free to enlighten me. Sure make it legal.

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Don't you?
Treatment? For pot? Do you think cigarette smokers need "treatment". How about beer drinkers?

philfree
02-05-2005, 08:49 PM

Treatment for hemp heads? The only thing they need for treatment is the number to Dominoes Pizza.

PhilFree :arrow:
~Yes legal.....just let'em grow a couple plants in the back yard~(watch out for the Satelite techs though)

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't think you can get addicted to it though...And I don't think it's as harmful as cigs or alcohol. If that's wrong though, feel free to enlighten me. Sure make it legal.

You won't develop a physical dependency, like with alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, and various other chemicals. You can, however, develop a psychological dependency... like with gambling, sex, the Internet, and... uh, well pretty much anything.

BroWhippendiddle
02-05-2005, 08:50 PM

Here's my thoughts. Pretty much all of the kids in my class have smoked pot at one time or another. There's also a lot of potheads. Those people can get careless. Their grades slip, they don't do the things they used to do. But I've smoked it before, and I'm fine. It relaxes you and makes things fun. The key is, like everything, moderation.

I think the addiction is more of a state of mind rather than a chemical dependence of it. All the people I know that use it/used it live to smoke rope.

The THC may have medicinal value, but the hempheads of the past have basically ruined it for those that may benefit from it's use.

Addictive may be a relative term as well.

Ash
02-05-2005, 08:51 PM

I vote yes, too.

Wouldnt that be nice to be able to buy it when you wanted it ,Without the fear of prosecution?Alcohol and tobacco kill more people than all other illegal drugs combine each year but there legal.if you made the laws the same as you do for alcohol there is no reason for it to not be legal.If you take it off the black market it would be harder for teens to get it.I have seen surveys were students say they could score grass before they could alcohol.

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Treatment for hemp heads? The only thing they need for treatment is the number to Dominoes Pizza.

~Yes legal.....just let'em grow a couple plants in the back yard~(watch out for the Satelite techs though)
If I find it growing in your back yard, I won't turn you in...you might find several buds missing however. BTW, what happened with your satellite system? Was I right?

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I have seen surveys were students say they could score grass before they could alcohol.

Definitely. There's no minimum age for a pot purchase. When it comes to alcohol, at some point it's gotta be purchased from a legitimate source. There's no black market for it anymore.

chief52
02-05-2005, 08:54 PM
I suppose I know some that need an insulin injection.

I guess "treatment" is too harsh of a word. But I have a buddy who lost his job because he was always stoned. It sucks. Great guy and very capable. He had been there 15 years and just could not give up the smoking. It was not due to a test, it was due to performance. Smoking one once in a while is not a problem, but being stoned all day puts you at a definite disadvantage in the work world. Trust me, it messes some guys up. Wait until you get a little older and you will look at some guy and go...damn, he is still getting stoned every day. I bet his life will not be all together.

philfree
02-05-2005, 08:54 PM
The THC may have medicinal value, but the hempheads of the past have basically ruined it for those that may benefit from it's use.

How is that? Seems to me it's the zelots who have ruined it pretty much for everybody.

chiefs4me
02-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Of course it should be legal.

Ash
02-05-2005, 09:06 PM
I guess "treatment" is too harsh of a word. But I have a buddy who lost his job because he was always stoned. It sucks. Great guy and very capable. He had been there 15 years and just could not give up the smoking. It was not due to a test, it was due to performance. Smoking one once in a while is not a problem, but being stoned all day puts you at a definite disadvantage in the work world. Trust me, it messes some guys up. Wait until you get a little older and you will look at some guy and go...damn, he is still getting stoned every day. I bet his life will not be all together.

There are drunks all over the place but booze is legal. people with addictive personalitys are always going to be around.you cant blame pot on people who dont know how to use in moderation.Pot can be used in the same manner as alcohol.Responsible adults know when to say when and not let it take there life over . If you are truly responsible with it you smoke when all your responsibilitys are over at the end of the day. You smoke to relax and forget about the world around you and enjoy yourself,Just like people do with booze every day in this country.

chief52
02-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Treatment? For pot? Do you think cigarette smokers need "treatment". How about beer drinkers?

" Treatment " is way too harsh. But it does mess people up, just like booze and other stuff. I have absolutely nothing against pot and do not think it is near as bad for you as alcohol. But do some people get messed up and need help? Damn right they do. Don't you know anyone who has messed up their life by getting high on a steady basis?

chief52
02-05-2005, 09:09 PM
There are drunks all over the place but booze is legal. people with addictive personalitys are always going to be around.you cant blame pot on people who dont know how to use in moderation.Pot can be used in the same manner as alcohol.Responsible adults know when to say when and not let it take there life over . If you are truly responsible with it you smoke when all your responsibilitys are over at the end of the day. You smoke to relax and forget about the world around you and enjoy yourself,Just likle people do with booze every day in this country.

I totally agree...

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Don't you know anyone who has messed up their life by getting high on a steady basis?

Nah. I don't like to hang out with f*ckups.

chief52
02-05-2005, 09:12 PM
Nah. I don't like to hang out with f*ckups.

Good for you...glad to see you on the high road.

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Good for you...glad to see you on the high road.
Heh heh... "high" road.

Saggysack
02-05-2005, 09:14 PM

It doesn't even need to be decriminalized to have it regulated and taxed. Even in the Netherlands it hasn't been decriminalized. Yes, it is illegal to be in possession of marijuana in Amsterdam. A common misperception of people is that it is legal in the Netherlands when, in fact it is illegal.

Now what the difference is that they have tolerance laws. They don't see the law enforcement need for arresting Joe Blow for having a dozen or so grams on his/her possession. It is very much illegal to be in possession of more than 30 grams. It is illegal to walk down a straat puffin away. You will be prosecuted under Netherlands law being found in possession of more than 30grams without license. It is sold by licensed, taxed and regulated shops that allow no one under the age of 18yrs of age on premises. If anyone found on their premises with either hard drugs, being under age, or the shop itself having more than 500 grams in stock they lose their license. And from my understanding anyone found with hard drugs or under the legal age you might as well kiss the license to sell away. From my speakings with coffeeshop owners the supply is not hard to find, it finds their way to their doors. And the quality is much better than what you would find from it being mass produced into cigarette type packaging.

IMO we could learn alot by studying Netherlands policies towards soft drugs. I don't see the need to have it in corner stores that allow access to children. Last thing we need is a buncha high school kids running around robbing the minimart of it's twinkies, ding dongs and Malboro Green's.

Skip Towne
02-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Uh.... are you asking me to wait until I get a little older?

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 09:17 PM
No, he was telling me to, Methuselah.

Saggysack
02-05-2005, 09:18 PM

Yeah! Jailbait!

chief52
02-05-2005, 09:18 PM

No, if you check that was a reply to Endelt...

Hey, I am by not means anti pot. I do think it should be legalized.

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 09:20 PM
Yeah! Jailbait!

Made me laugh.

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Made me laugh.
That's just cause you're stoned.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 09:22 PM
The religious right would never entertain the idea of legallizing ANY drug. Ever.

chief52
02-05-2005, 09:23 PM
The religious right would never entertain the idea of legallizing ANY drug. Ever.

Who invited them?

Bowser
02-05-2005, 09:24 PM
Who invited them?

They invite theirselves.

chief52
02-05-2005, 09:26 PM
They invite theirselves.

True fact...

FloridaChief
02-05-2005, 09:28 PM
That's just cause you're stoned.

Actually, I'm not but I am watching old Star Trek episodes right now so I can understand the mistake...

elvomito
02-05-2005, 09:31 PM
last night when i was faded, i happened to see someone on fox news say "the result of the regulation is always worse than the problem" in reference to the war on drugs. the other guy said "if you legalize it, soon the price will go down, there will be more potent, refined, more addictive versions available." he was against it.

i suppose if the government never outlawed it in the first place, there would have been no rebelious movement to embrace it.

i was speaking with a girl from amsterdam. i asked her if she smoked weed. she said no, because nobody tells her she can't.

Marijuana will never be federally legal. Many narcotics agents will instantly lose their jobs. And the $10 Billion annualy thats pumped into our economy because of weed will shrink a little, farmers and other people who depend on the income will see their prices being lowered because of increased competition. More poverty and struggling.

in conclusion, america's #1 cash crop is that way for one reason, illegality. That will never change.

let me give you one other example: do you realize the the "Women's Christian Temperance Union" indirectly created organized crime? If it wasn't for work towards the prohibition of alcohol, how would the MOB have started? it wouldn't have.

"the result of the control is worse than the problem"

Dartgod
02-05-2005, 09:35 PM
last night when i was faded, i happened to see someone on fox news say "the result of the regulation is always worse than the problem" in reference to the war on drugs. the other guy said "if you legalize it, soon the price will go down, there will be more potent, refined, more addictive versions availablep." he was against it.
That's nice, except it's NOT ADDICTIVE, YOU *MORON!

*Not you, the idiot on FOX news.

elvomito
02-05-2005, 09:37 PM
is tv addictive? and plus the bitch on tv said

elvomito
02-05-2005, 09:38 PM
damn FINE print

Bowser
02-05-2005, 09:38 PM
is tv addictive? and plus the bitch on tv said

Hey! Where's the swinging tits?

elvomito
02-05-2005, 09:39 PM
i need those in the real world... new challenges await

AeroSquid
02-05-2005, 09:56 PM
yes. legal and sold tax free on the internet. (for cheap)

go bowe
02-05-2005, 11:09 PM
yes...

Delano
02-05-2005, 11:12 PM
yes...

Oooh, how succinct you are.

Delano
02-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Get ya lighters, roll that sticky, lets get higher (lets get higher)
Got that Blueberry Yum Yum And its that fire
Get ya lighters, roll that sticky, lets get higher (lets get higher)
Got that Blueberry Yum Yum And its that fire

go bowe
02-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Oooh, how succinct you are.succinct...

great word...

rolls off the tongue, so to speak...

amost enchanting, alluring even...

perhaps enlightening...

always wonderful...

:Peace: :jester: :bong: :D http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/otn/realhappy/jump.gif

Nzoner
02-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Up in smoke
it's where my money goes
in my lungs
and sometimes up my nose

David.
02-06-2005, 01:22 AM
a resounding yes!

David.
02-06-2005, 01:22 AM
p.s. I'm REALLY stoned right now :o

Otter
02-06-2005, 01:27 AM
**** Yeah!!!!

Ari Chi3fs
02-06-2005, 01:41 AM
Should marijuana be legal?Topic Starter SKIP TOWNE

duh.

|Zach|
02-06-2005, 02:15 AM

Who invited them?

ROFL ROFL

Chiefs Pantalones
02-06-2005, 02:18 AM
No.

|Zach|
02-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Ya, I am going to side with no. But with my no I would like to add that the penalties for drug use esp. pot use are beyond ridiculous.

el borracho
02-06-2005, 03:13 AM
Marijuana should definitely be legal. Marijuana is not phyiscally addictive. Marijuana has medicinal value. Marijuana is far less dangerous than either tobacco and alcohol. Any semi-responsable person could use marijuana without ill effect.

Seriously, why should marijuana be illegal?

beer bacon
02-06-2005, 04:05 AM
There is no reasoning for the illegalization of pot that I have seen that would not apply equally or more so to tobacco or alcohol. Under this reasoning, I don't see how you can possibly rationalize making marijuana illegal while two drugs that are both actually physically addictive and arguably more damaging physically are both legal and practically national past times.

Ari Chi3fs
02-06-2005, 04:12 AM
Although I have no knowledge of her being involved with any drugs, I'll bet my 16 year old daughter could hook you up inside an hour.

How does she pay for her drugs, do you think? Are her kneecaps red when she comes home?

HemiEd
02-06-2005, 07:44 AM
If the sh*t was easy to get I would probably still be setting around listening to my cheese smuged scratched up albums of "Ten Years After" Led Zepplin and such. Probably would weigh close to 400 pounds by now. So my answer is no, heck no!

Mr. Kotter
02-06-2005, 08:52 AM

Ditto.

Over-Head
02-06-2005, 08:55 AM
*Sparks a blunt*
put me down in the YES column ROFL

Nzoner
02-06-2005, 09:00 AM
If the sh*t was easy to get I would probably still be setting around listening to my cheese smuged scratched up albums of "Ten Years After" Led Zepplin and such. Probably would weigh close to 400 pounds by now. So my answer is no, heck no!

On the topic of munchies,my mom used to run a Dairy Queen and getting free food was no problem,man did I tear some chili dogs up in those days.

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2005, 10:15 AM

Here's my thoughts. Pretty much all of the kids in my class have smoked pot at one time or another. There's also a lot of potheads. Those people can get careless. Their grades slip, they don't do the things they used to do. But I've smoked it before, and I'm fine. It relaxes you and makes things fun. The key is, like everything, moderation. At first, I read that last line as, "The key is, like, everything in moderation." Heh.

Fairplay
02-06-2005, 10:17 AM
I don't want to put by dealer out of business and force him to find a job. So i vote no.

HemiEd
02-06-2005, 11:13 AM
On the topic of munchies,my mom used to run a Dairy Queen and getting free food was no problem,man did I tear some chili dogs up in those days.

Sounds like a good time! Did she ever figure it out?
:p I was a regular at eating a pound of Cheddar and anything else I could find. A bottle of "Boones Farm" to wash it down was always in order.

go bowe
02-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Sounds like a good time! Did she ever figure it out?
:p I was a regular at eating a pound of Cheddar and anything else I could find. A bottle of "Boones Farm" to wash it down was always in order.ahhhhh...

one of the wine and cheese crowd, eh? :hmmm:

j/k when i was in my early twenties and again while is was in school, i used to enjoy wine and cheese very much...

lots of wine... :D :D :D

Thig Lyfe
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

(apologies if this is the 123rd time somebody has said this on this thread.)

ChiefsFanatik88
02-06-2005, 05:11 PM
No.

Not only would it be bad for society, it would lead to people doing all the other illegal drugs to want their vice to be legal too.

Besides neither you nor me will live to see pot legal across the US of A.

Otter
02-06-2005, 05:45 PM
No.

Not only would it be bad for society, it would lead to people doing all the other illegal drugs to want their vice to be legal too.

Bong hits upstairs on the 2nd room on the left.

Just be cool when you walk back down.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Pot should be illegal because you can't control yourself? Brilliant!!

chiefs4me
02-06-2005, 06:04 PM
How does she pay for her drugs, do you think? Are her kneecaps red when she comes home?

Some 16 year old kids have lots of money,by working, saving lunch money, clothes money, babysitting, yardwork, movie money. Hell my boys usually have more cash on them then I do.

chiefs4me
02-06-2005, 06:07 PM

It wasn't the one on St Joe ave, was it? They had the best dam chili dogs. :p When we come home and they are open we try and eat one. Yummy :thumb:

Inspector
02-06-2005, 08:48 PM
It will never be legalized. Costs too many jobs. About 70% of our prison population is made up of drug cases. With the government manufacturing things and running call centers, they depend upon the better workers that drug offenders make. So what if it ruins lives, it puts a paycheck in other people pocket.

Idiots like ChiefFannatic88 just feel the need to control others, but my bet is he wouldn't be too keen on others controling him. My guess is he's probably a hypocrit.

It's really simple in a free country (if there was such a thing), it's only illegal if you hurt someone else or another's property. USA don't work that way. It's about the money.

b643246
02-06-2005, 08:55 PM
NO!!!!!

BigChiefFan
02-06-2005, 08:58 PM
America is supposed to be about Freedom of choice, but the Morality police somehow deem it necessary to want tell others what is right for them.

KS Smitty
02-06-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty wishy-washy on this issue... On one hand yes I think it should be legal and taxed as are tobacco and alcohol. On the other hand I don't necessarily want my children smoking pot (or drining or smoking for that matter).

I guess it comes down to personal choice (as so much does in our lives) our oldest (now 20) doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs, the youngest (almost 13) doesn't either. Of course they have both seen some excellent "good examples of bad examples" out there (and no not us idjits) and have made some very wise choices so far in their lives.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 09:00 PM
No.

That is the dumbest argument against legalization I've ever seen. "Bad for society" huh?

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2005, 09:01 PM
No.

Besides neither you nor me will live to see pot legal across the US of A..

BigChiefFan
02-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm pretty wishy-washy on this issue... On one hand yes I think it should be legal and taxed as are tobacco and alcohol. On the other hand I don't necessarily want my children smoking pot (or drining or smoking for that matter).

I guess it comes down to personal choice (as so much does in our lives) our oldest (now 20) doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs, the youngest (almost 13) doesn't either. Of course they have both seen some excellent "good examples of bad examples" out there (and no not us idjits) and have made some very wise choices so far in their lives.
I would say it should be legal ,but there should be regulations. Age restrictions should definitely be enforced.

Inspector
02-06-2005, 09:05 PM

I've always found it interesting how people stretch a point about pot being legal into it being available for kids.

FTR, I doubt anyone who believes it shoud be legal would agree with contributing to the delinquency of minors, driving under the influence or any other activity that would hurt another person.

I always assume that when this question is posed, it is reference to consenting adults. I always take it that way.

Anyone who would hurt others (giving pot to kids, driving under the influence, stealing to support whatever they want) should be placed in prisons. In fact, I've always felt like prisons should be used for just that, people who hurt other people, not consenting adults who hurt themselves.

But, I'm not interested in controlling what consenting adults do to themselves like some are. Maybe it's just me.

Dartgod
02-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Twelve more to go, Skip.

KS Smitty
02-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I've always found it interesting how people stretch a point about pot being legal into it being available for kids.

FTR, I doubt anyone who believes it shoud be legal would agree with contributing to the delinquency of minors, driving under the influence or any other activity that would hurt another person.

I always assume that when this question is posed, it is reference to consenting adults. I always take it that way.

Anyone who would hurt others (giving pot to kids, driving under the influence, stealing to support whatever they want) should be placed in prisons. In fact, I've always felt like prisons should be used for just that, people who hurt other people, not consenting adults who hurt themselves.

But, I'm not interested in controlling what consenting adults do to themselves like some are. Maybe it's just me.

Unfortunately I have a child that is very close to being a consenting adult which brings about the conflict. If this question had been asked when she was a kid I would have said hell yes and pass the bong. My biggest problem is that I hate hypocrits and would never want to be one, children change many perceptions on many things in life, drug use included. If my parents knew what the heck I did back when I was younger they probably would have sent me to a convent (and we're not even catholic). I have grown into (IMHO) a decent law-abiding taxpaying concerned for the earth citizen despite what I did before but I also know many that went the other way. Should it be legal? Yes as legal as alcohol and tobacco. Do I want my offspring involved in it? Hell no, because it makes it so easy to settle for less, again IMHO.

Spott
02-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I don't really care either way. People will probably always do it whether it's legal or not. I've never had the desire to do it nor do I want my son to do it or be around anyone that does it.

If it were made legal, I wonder what nicotine-like additive tobacco companies would add to it to make it addictive.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 09:27 PM

You shouldn't be wishy washy on it. You should evaluate why you don't want your kid smoking pot. Please tell us the downside of it. Have you noticed the "no" voters can't give you a valid reason for their no vote? I have.

Inspector
02-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately I have a child that is very close to being a consenting adult which brings about the conflict. If this question had been asked when she was a kid I would have said hell yes and pass the bong. My biggest problem is that I hate hypocrits and would never want to be one, children change many perceptions on many things in life, drug use included. If my parents knew what the heck I did back when I was younger they probably would have sent me to a convent (and we're not even catholic). I have grown into (IMHO) a decent law-abiding taxpaying concerned for the earth citizen despite what I did before but I also know many that went the other way. Should it be legal? Yes as legal as alcohol and tobacco. Do I want my offspring involved in it? Hell no, because it makes it so easy to settle for less, again IMHO.

Agreed.

I have never touched the stuff and would not want any of my kids to touch it either. (Most of my kids are in their 30's). Thankfully, to my knowledge, none of them have. None of them are drunks either. Or cigarette smokers.

I just get sick and tired of my crime fighting money being used to mess with consenting adults. I'd rather the focus be on bad people who want to hurt you or your wife or your kids. Pot smokers really do not pose a threat to them, bad people do. They (bad, violent people) are the ones who should be locked away from society.

Your kids will make the decisions, good or bad, and usually those decisions will be based on the way you raised them. Our's thankfully have turned out great. I don't think pot being illegal is the reason, it's because of our excellent parenting.

ChiefsFanatik88
02-06-2005, 09:31 PM
Idiots like ChiefFannatic88 just feel the need to control others, but my bet is he wouldn't be too keen on others controling him. My guess is he's probably a hypocrit.

And exactly what are you? You don't know how to spell my name or hypocrite.

Besides, I don't care about what you think.
And as far as someone controlling me, What exactly isn't controlled in some way or another? My girlfriend and I to an extent control what each other do. My job control's me for 8 hours a day. And I don't have a problem with it.

Your argument is very weak and your spelling sucks. Go away.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 09:34 PM
I think coffee should be illegal. But, then, I don't drink it. It appears to be physically addictive as people just go nuts till they get it in the morning. And it causes hardening of the arteries and other maladies. And it serves no useful purpose, unlike marijuana. Yep, if MJ is illegal so should be coffee, alcohol and nicotine in any form. None of them have any of the positive qualities marijuana has. The gubment is a hypocrit.

KS Smitty
02-06-2005, 09:35 PM
You shouldn't be wishy washy on it. You should evaluate why you don't want your kid smoking pot. Please tell us the downside of it. Have you noticed the "no" voters can't give you a valid reason for their no vote? I have.

Well Skip that's the crux of it, I don't know what the downsides of it are... If I had never smoked my life would be a lot different, that I do know. Would that life have been better or happier? That I don't. So this is why I'm so wishy washy on it. It's all water under the bridge for me and I love my life so even if I had made different decisions I don't know that I sould have been "better off" but I do know that I could have been "better off". How's that for a pot-head answer? It's the best I can do.

Inspector
02-06-2005, 09:35 PM

And as far as someone controlling me, What exactly isn't controlled in some way or another? My girlfriend and I to an extent control what each other do. My job control's me for 8 hours a day. And I don't have a problem with it.

Go **** yourself asshole.

Spelling police, what a moron.

So you think you should have the priveledge of determing what other adults do in the privacy of their own homes? I bet you don't want anyone doing that to you.

It's people like you that cause criminals to be running the steeets. When you or someone in your family becomes a victim of crime, it would be interesting to see your stance then.

Your arguments are weaker. Move to another country.

And I purposely mispelled a word or two. So what.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 09:43 PM
Twelve more to go, Skip.
Very good. I didn't catch what you meant for a moment there. But I'm sure it will get there. We came up with the required dumbasses to make it work.

Nzoner
02-06-2005, 09:56 PM
It wasn't the one on St Joe ave, was it? They had the best dam chili dogs. :p When we come home and they are open we try and eat one. Yummy :thumb:

Southend

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 10:32 PM

You sir, are an idiot, on several levels. First, you choose to ridicule the man's spelling while you can't compose an intelligent sentence. Your sentence should have said "My girlfriend and I, to an extent, control what each other do (does). And your job can't "control's" you but it can "controls" you. The apostrophe denotes possession, not the plural you were trying to convey. I think I would enroll in a remedial English course before I started correcting others on the internet. Your English is weak and YOU suck!!!

Taco John
02-06-2005, 10:38 PM

Oh yeah... THAT sounds promising. Weed from the 7-11.

ROFL :)

Mr. Kotter
02-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Oh yeah... THAT sounds promising. Weed from the 7-11.

ROFL :)

No worse than the tobacco and alcohol they sell; and this way we tax the shit out of it, and regulate it...

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Well Skip that's the crux of it, I don't know what the downsides of it are... If I had never smoked my life would be a lot different, that I do know. Would that life have been better or happier? That I don't. So this is why I'm so wishy washy on it. It's all water under the bridge for me and I love my life so even if I had made different decisions I don't know that I sould have been "better off" but I do know that I could have been "better off". How's that for a pot-head answer? It's the best I can do.
I guess I don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you blaming MJ for a decision you made? How could pot make your life "a lot different"?

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey, look, Dartgod, it made it just as I suspected.

Inspector
02-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Over a hundred posts.

How can we celebrate????

Any ideas??

Rain Man
02-06-2005, 10:53 PM
Kill them all.

(Just trying to get it to 200 posts.)

Mr. Kotter
02-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Hey, look, Dartgod, it made it just as I suspected.

Think of the possibilities of a gay Bronco-fan pothead pooping :hmmm: thread?

Taco John
02-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Do I want my offspring involved in it? Hell no, because it makes it so easy to settle for less, again IMHO.

Marijuana has nothing to do with a person settling for less. People who settle for less do so with or without marijuana. Marijuana does give people who settle for less something to do with their time, since they have so much of it.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Go **** yourself asshole.

Spelling police, what a moron.

So you think you should have the priveledge of determing what other adults do in the privacy of their own homes? I bet you don't want anyone doing that to you.

It's people like you that cause criminals to be running the steeets. When you or someone in your family becomes a victim of crime, it would be interesting to see your stance then.

Your arguments are weaker. Move to another country.

And I purposely mispelled a word or two. So what.
Hey, bro, I wholeheartedly agree with you but I have a question. Did you purposely misspell "misspelled"?

Taco John
02-06-2005, 11:07 PM
No worse than the tobacco and alcohol they sell; and this way we tax the shit out of it, and regulate it...

I'm being facetious... I have my vices, but I make sure I get the best of them. I don't play at poker tables where the words "High-Low," "Baseball," or "Omaha" are uttered. It's Hold 'em. I don't drink beers brewed with rice. If they're not "real" beers, I'll have a water instead. At least it'll taste better. If I want a cigar, it's not going to be a Swisher Sweet. It'll be a real cigar that isn't sugar coated, and has a wrapper and a filler worth mentioning. Not to be a snob about it, but I figure if you're going to have a vice, at least appreciate it. Otherwise, what's the point?

I was kidding, because a bag of shake from the 7-11 sounds just awful. You'd probably catch a better buzz buying a bag of catnip from the pet store.

Skip Towne
02-06-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm being facetious... I have my vices, but I make sure I get the best of them. I don't play at poker tables where the words "High-Low," "Baseball," or "Omaha" are uttered. It's Hold 'em. I don't drink beers brewed with rice. If they're not "real" beers, I'll have a water instead. At least it'll taste better. If I want a cigar, it's not going to be a Swisher Sweet. It'll be a real cigar that isn't sugar coated, and has a wrapper and a filler worth mentioning. Not to be a snob about it, but I figure if you're going to have a vice, at least appreciate it. Otherwise, what's the point?

I was kidding, because a bag of shake from the 7-11 sounds just awful. You'd probably catch a better buzz buying a bag of catnip from the pet store.
After you hollow out your blunts, what do you recommend to replace the voided material? I like Northern Lights and Skunk #1.

philfree
02-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Marijuana has nothing to do with a person settling for less. People who settle for less do so with or without marijuana. Marijuana does give people who settle for less something to do with their time, since they have so much of it.

I know people who have smoked hemp on a regular basis who have been Cub Scout leader of the year and have done nothing less then give their free time to things like the Special Olympics for over ten years running. Or even been National Champions in their field of competition. IMO that shouldn't set the standard though. Then again our last two Commander And Chiefs both used drugs and still were elected to office. Of course there are many people who did no more then them but they had their property confiscated and were threatend with jail time that was equal to that of a major dealer...........It's O.K. for Bill and G.W. but........ :) Never mind..... :shake:

David.
02-06-2005, 11:18 PM
GW made me want to try coke.

Pants
02-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Serioulsy the two smartest people I know (not connected to each other in any way) smoke weed on a regular basis. Well, I used to know them in HS.

philfree
02-06-2005, 11:20 PM
GW made me want to try coke.

Why?

David.
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Serioulsy the two smartest people I know (not connected to each other in any way) smoke weed on a regular basis. Well, I used to know them in HS.

YOU'VE SMOKED YOURSELF SILLY

David.
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Why?

my aspirations to become president

Pants
02-06-2005, 11:22 PM
YOU'VE SMOKED YOURSELF SILLY

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

David.
02-06-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by that.

:clap:

Rausch
02-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Sure...It can only increase my long term invesment opportunities....

Pants
02-06-2005, 11:30 PM
:clap:

But seriously, you are right, I have.

philfree
02-06-2005, 11:39 PM
my aspirations to become president

I think that's a bad plan. I'm still not sure why Slick Willy got off the hook but G.W. was way connected.......I guess if you got something like they did you might pull it off. For me I can see alot more reasons to judge a man/woman then his/her choice of substance but the fact that people get put in prison for things that our elected officials have done makes me shake my head. :shake:

~my last post on this a non-football thread~

David.
02-06-2005, 11:43 PM
I think that's a bad plan. I'm still not sure why Slick Willy got off the hook but G.W. was way connected.......I guess if you got something like they did you might pull it off. For me I can see alot more reasons to judge a man/woman then his/her choice of substance but the fact that people get put in prison for things that our elected officials have done makes me shake my head. :shake:

~my last post on this a non-football thread~

har har

Taco John
02-06-2005, 11:57 PM
After you hollow out your blunts, what do you recommend to replace the voided material? I like Northern Lights and Skunk #1.

To be honest, it's been a while since I've had anything like that. I can't imagine I could handle a blunt these days without choking.

I remember Northern Lights... Also known as The Matanuska around the Northwest. I was never knew the names of the strains though. I just knew that crystals, orange hairs, and especially purple hairs were very good things.

SpitLightning
02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
no, It has ruined my life, I have smoked it for yrs.

sure its my own fault, I fell in love with the way it made me feel.

I just hope i can turn my life around quick enough to save my marriage, and help my wife raise our kids.

Edit:

I think it is addictive, and I am going through withdrawls Right now as I type this. ( clean for 14 days.... hopefully forever I am just taking it one Day at a Time.)

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 12:02 AM

I just hope i can turn my life around quick enough to save my marriage, and help my wife raise our kids.
Yikes.

Taco John
02-07-2005, 12:18 AM
Yikes.

No kidding. I never even heard of Marijuana withdrawls...

Pants
02-07-2005, 12:21 AM

I don't think he's withdrawing, just psychological dependancy x 10. Kind of like Goat and mastrubating.

David.
02-07-2005, 12:21 AM

Edit:

I think it is addictive, and I am going through withdrawls Right now as I type this. ( clean for 14 days.... hopefully forever I am just taking it one Day at a Time.)

SD?

Pants
02-07-2005, 12:26 AM
I don't think he's withdrawing, just psychological dependancy x 10. Kind of like Goat and mastrubating.

I guess he edited it... after Taco mentioned it...

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 12:27 AM

and your what God?

seriously no matter what you call it i can feel my body craving it its killing me or so it feels if it doesnt go away soon i may have to check into a rehab clininc or something

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 12:28 AM
SD? im not sure what your question is?

David.
02-07-2005, 12:28 AM
SD? im not sure what your question is?

I'M SAYING YOU'RE FAKE, AND/OR I DON'T BELIEVE YOU

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 12:29 AM
and your what God?

seriously no matter what you call it i can feel my body craving it its killing me or so it feels if it doesnt go away soon i may have to check into a rehab clininc or something
Sounds like a good idea.

Not TJ being god. That is a very bad idea. But the rehab part.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 12:30 AM
believe what you want, that your choice not mine.

I made a choice 15 yrs ago one that I wish i could change.

Pants
02-07-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm with David on this one.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 12:34 AM
agian your choice, but your both very wrong. why would I come on here and make such a f-ed up statement about myself? Its the truth, and I replied to the question to help keep others from falling into the same pit, not everyone can handle things as well as others.

Pants
02-07-2005, 12:38 AM
agian your choice, but your both very wrong. why would I come on here and make such a f-ed up statement about myself? Its the truth, and I replied to the question to help keep others from falling into the same pit, not everyone can handle things as well as others.

Dude, you never mentioned a withdrawl problem until I doubted it. I can register a new name and say anything I want, no matter how f-ed up it is.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 12:40 AM
err try agian i edited my post long before you responded I was actually editing my post when some one posted "Yikes"

go ahead believe what you want, I could give a rats ass, I know I have a Problem and thats half the battle.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Look when i registered Jeez lay-off the bong Dude.
did i do it today nope did i do it when this thread first started nope

Pants
02-07-2005, 12:46 AM
I'm still doubting you, but if it's true - well, that sucks. Hopefully you'll get over the withdrawl and start a new life.

Taco John
02-07-2005, 12:56 AM
and your what God?

Not God... Just have never met someone in person who has relayed the experience you speak of. I'll admit my BS meter was going off the charts. You come across as someone who doesn't really know much about marijuana, but wants to paint it in as bad a light as possible because of your strong position against it. That might not be the case at all... I'm just telling you how it comes across, because I've never heard of anything like it from all the people I know. Especially the "body craving is killing me" bit. That's from WAY out of left field. I've never, EVER heard such a thing from anybody I've ever met who has put it down. Certainly, I never had anything that could be considered a strong body craving. Sure, a jones here and there... But nothing that was unmanagable.

Taco John
02-07-2005, 01:03 AM
I suspect that your problems run *much* deeper than simply marijuana if you are feeling the effects like this. I wouldn't end it at rehab. Regular trips to a psycologist might be a good idea. That's not a put down, though it might come across as one. You're right that some people can't handle things as well as others. Typically, this is because of things that happened to a person in their formative years that they have never come to grips with. Everyone has their demons.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 01:05 AM
and that is your right, Your not the only one that Hopes that it gets better with time. Agian I responed to the question posted to possibly Warn others of the pitfall thats Called pot, bud, marijuana, or whatever you call it.

Certinly its not Crack or coke or herion or anything like that, but I believe it is addictive I have my own body telling me it is.

some poeple are able to use it and still be responsible, then there others that are not. I know what group I fall into.

there are many good posts on this subject in this thread, I can only hope that in time People realize it can Ruin peoples lives Just like coke, crack, herion, Alcohol and many other drugs.

a month ago I wouldnt have posted anything bad about it I was to stoned to see it.

I used to say the samething pot isnt addictive then I decided Enough is Enough I cant continue this way anymore, and now im going through either real withdrawls or my brian is totally Screwed up to not know what to think and that is 100% possible too i guess

in essence I know that if i could do it all over agian I wouldnt.

Spit

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Everyone has their demons.
This is true. I actually took a picture of mine one time. One bad mutha.

http://store.rabbitvalley.org/image_cache/3072.jpg

Taco John
02-07-2005, 01:07 AM
your demon needs to throw on some skivvies.

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 01:08 AM
your demon needs to throw on some skivvies.
I thought the same thing but alas, he won't listen. Nature of demons I suppose. When I thought about what my demon would look like I never saw this. Imagone my suprise...

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 01:10 AM
I suspect that your problems run *much* deeper than simply marijuana if you are feeling the effects like this. I wouldn't end it at rehab. Regular trips to a psycologist might be a good idea. That's not a put down, though it might come across as one. You're right that some people can't handle things as well as others. Typically, this is because of things that happened to a person in their formative years that they have never come to grips with. Everyone has their demons.

you may be correct, and i do not take it as a put down at all.

But to honestly evulate(sp) myself or for anyone else to i must be clean, and im on my way to a sober life.

Thanks for the advice
Spit

Taco John
02-07-2005, 01:13 AM
Could be worse. He could be a well hung cat delivering Chinese food. Getting a tiny-peckered feline delivering pizza isn't so bad.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 01:14 AM
OFF TOPIC.

I grew up in the Iowa and moved to cali and Im Dieing for someone to open up a Taco johns Out here I miss the Potato Ole's and Nacho cheese suace gawd I miss Taco Johns

Taco John
02-07-2005, 01:14 AM
a sober life.

Count one prayer in your corner.

Good luck man.

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 01:15 AM
Could be worse. He could be a well hung cat delivering Chinese food. Getting a tiny-peckered feline delivering pizza isn't so bad.
Indeed.

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 01:16 AM
OFF TOPIC.

I grew up in the Iowa and moved to cali and Im Dieing for someone to open up a Taco johns Out here I miss the Potato Ole's and Nacho cheese suace gawd I miss Taco Johns
Taco Johns was weird...when it first opened me and my friends went there a whole lot. Then we just stopped. I never had a bad experience or anything...there isn't one in Springfield...

Now I want food.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Count one prayer in your corner.

Good luck man.

Thanks Man,
Much appreciated.

Ultra Peanut
02-07-2005, 05:20 AM
Do I want my offspring involved in it? Hell no, because it makes it so easy to settle for less, again IMHO.What's so wrong with settling for less?

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 06:35 AM
I'M SAYING YOU'RE FAKE, AND/OR I DON'T BELIEVE YOU

Hey, your ignorance is making look even more stupid than normal...with a little luck though, maybe you'll grow out of it. (Check with a mod if you don't believe me, dude.) :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 06:36 AM
I'm with David on this one.

Then you are as stupid as he is....but like with him, there is hope: if you choose to grow-up. :)

It's not me... :shake:

|Zach|
02-07-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey, your ignorance is making look even more stupid than normal...with a little luck though, maybe you'll grow out of it. (Check with a mod if you don't believe me, dude.) :rolleyes:
I think he was saying it in a joking manner, but I could be off base.

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 07:29 AM
I think he was saying it in a joking manner, but I could be off base.

See....at least with smilies you can tell; even if one is kidding 90% of the time... :thumb:

badgirl
02-07-2005, 07:31 AM
yes it should be legal, its a natural herb, additives are optional, its to help relax, such as valium or xanax, plus my sister wouldn't be looking at jail time if it was legal. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 07:33 AM
you may be correct, and i do not take it as a put down at all.

But to honestly evulate(sp) myself or for anyone else to i must be clean, and im on my way to a sober life.

Thanks for the advice
Spit

Best wishes, and good luck man. We all have somethin' in our lives we struggle with--for some it's sooner; for others it's later.

Keep Pushin' on, man. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 07:34 AM
yes it should be legal, its a natural herb, additives are optional, its to help relax, such as valium or xanax, plus my sister wouldn't be looking at jail time if it was legal. :banghead:

Sorry to hear that; too bad she didn't go to her doc for a prescription instead... :shake:

badgirl
02-07-2005, 07:42 AM
Sorry to hear that; too bad she didn't go to her doc for a prescription instead... :shake:
Don't think he's give her 40 pounds, which is what she got busted with :(

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Don't think he's give her 40 pounds, which is what she got busted with :(

Dealin'? Wow. So sad. :shake:

badgirl
02-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Dealin'? Wow. So sad. :shake:
Thats what I said!! Hell I raised 3 kids by myself by busting my ass, I never did anything illigal. Stupid, Stupid, sure it would have been easier, but its not worth the price you pay, cause sooner or later you'll get busted. :shake:

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 07:50 AM
Thats what I said!! Hell I raised 3 kids by myself by busting my ass, I never did anything illigal. Stupid, Stupid, sure it would have been easier, but its not worth the price you pay, cause sooner or later you'll get busted. :shake:

Guess you got the brains in your family.... :eek:

j/k :p

badgirl
02-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Guess you got the brains in your family.... :eek:

j/k :p
yea ROFL imagine the rest of the family if I am the one with the brains :hmmm: ROFL ROFL

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 07:57 AM
yea ROFL imagine the rest of the family if I am the one with the brains :hmmm: ROFL ROFL

Your last name Clampet, by chance? First name, Ellie May? :hmmm:

badgirl
02-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Your last name Clampet, by chance? First name, Ellie May? :hmmm:
Why sure Pa, how'd ya guess that :)

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 08:02 AM
Why sure Pa, how'd ya guess that :)

Heh, heh...Pa?

Well, we's gots some catchin' up to do, missy--you'll haf to come visit a spell....

badgirl
02-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Heh, heh...Pa?

Well, we's gots some catchin' up to do, missy--you'll haf to come visit a spell....
Can I bring my critters ? :p

David.
02-07-2005, 08:57 AM
See....at least with smilies you can tell; even if one is kidding 90% of the time... :thumb:

not everyone needs help recognizing sarcasm

STFU :hmmm: :deevee: :banghead: :p

idiot

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 08:59 AM
not everyone needs help recognizing sarcasm

STFU :hmmm: :deevee: :banghead: :p

idiot

Dickweed.

SpitLightning
02-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Best wishes, and good luck man. We all have somethin' in our lives we struggle with--for some it's sooner; for others it's later.

Keep Pushin' on, man. :thumb:

thanks The Encouragement it is Appreciated.

Spit

ENDelt260
02-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Over a hundred posts.

How can we celebrate????

Any ideas??
Pack a bowl!

ENDelt260
02-07-2005, 10:58 AM

Bah, why the assumption that 7-Eleven is only gonna sell dirt? They could have...

ok, yeah, you're probably right.

ENDelt260
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Too smart to go to KU, huh?

ENDelt260
02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
i may have to check into a rehab clininc or something

Don't take any shit from Bob Saget.

Mr. Kotter
02-07-2005, 11:04 AM
thanks The Encouragement it is Appreciated.

Spit

I know it sounds hokey, but that song got me through some rough times...just the right song, at the right time kinda thing...

KEEP PUSHINí LYRICS
EDIT / RATE / PRINT
I used to be lonely till I learned about livin alone
I found other things to keep my mind on
And Iím gettin to know myself a little bit better
Whoa , I keep pushin on
Keep pushin on, yeah

Goin through all the changes I made so many mistakes, oh yes I did
Tryin to leave behind the heartaches
And sometimes I think I was a little bit crazy, oh yeah
Whoa, I keep pushin on

Keep pushin, keep pushin, keep pushin, keep pushin on