PDA

View Full Version : Is Quinn done?

Dave Lane
02-05-2005, 10:50 PM
Jeez getting pounded by A&M by 30. I think that might have been the nail that shut the coffin. Dang I hope not for :KU: sake.

Dave

Bowser
02-05-2005, 10:52 PM
He got the public "Vote of Confidence" today before the game. Of course he's done!

Dave Lane
02-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Did anyoneeven watch this? Any Mizzou fans willing to fess up? reaction?

Dave

ENDelt260
02-05-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm concerned with people higher up. Namely, Elson Floyd. Some of the garbage that went on with the whole Clemmons stuff suggest at least somewhat of a level of incompentence. As an alum of UMR (he's president of the entire Univ of Missouri system), that's not the sort of person I want in charge of my alma mater.

Bowser
02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm concerned with people higher up. Namely, Elson Floyd. Some of the garbage that went on with the whole Clemmons stuff suggest at least somewhat of a level of incompentence. As an alum of UMR (he's president of the entire Univ of Missouri system), that's not the sort of person I want in charge of my alma mater.

Agree. The whole hierarchy at Mizzou could use an enema. I used to think it was just the athletic department, but after the Clemmons fiasco, I think it's more than that.

PastorMikH
02-05-2005, 11:05 PM

Dave

I did not see it. Spent the day away from the phones watching a band concert. We were supposed to watch our oldest daughter play but due to a combination of running late and her telling us the wrong location, we got there just as her group finished.

However, I love Quinn's ability to recruit. If there were some way we could keep him for recruiting and have a real HC handle the practices and on court stuff we'd have the best of both worlds.

I'm ready to see MU winning again. I started watching them when Sunvold and Stipo were winning for us and haven't seen a losing season yet (Until this year). I'm ready to see us start winning again. If canning Quinn gets that done, then go for it.

Dartgod
02-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Two years in a row without a bid to the tourney is inexcusable. I'm surprised www.firequinnnow.com hasn't been registered.

SBK
02-05-2005, 11:27 PM
Two years in a row without a bid to the tourney is inexcusable. I'm surprised www.firequinnnow.com (http://www.firequinnnow.com) hasn't been registered.

On the bright side, you didn't get to see your coach getting drunk with the co-eds on other campuses. Then miss out on the tourney several times too. That sucks. At least they ended that 48 game road b12 losing streak today....sheesh. The days of Fizer and Tinsley killing the big 12 seem like forever ago.

Mosbonian
02-05-2005, 11:52 PM

Dave

I watched the pathetic performance today and quite frankly there are only about 4 or 5 people that should be left on that bench next year, and Quinn isn't one of them....along with these others:

Kevin Young....why Quinn thinks he is the force in the middle MU needs is beyond anyone with an ounce of intelligence. He can't dribble, he can't hit even a simple layup, and my 8 y/o daughter could out muscle him under the boards.

Jimmy McKinney....I used to think he could be a good 6th or 7th man off the bench, but this year he just plain is pitiful. He has made bad decisions all year, and made some pretty poor shots.

Spencer Laurie....it doesn't take an MBA to figure out why this guy is still on the team. He is hurt right now, which is probably the reason Mizzou hasn't lost every game by 30.

Jeff Ferguson.....this is one scholarship that, like Kevin Young I haven't figured out. What made Mizzou offer a scholarship to a 6-11 guy who hasn't contributed anything of value since he came here.

Now....as for those that I believe, with a real coach could be the beginnings of a real team:

Linas Kleiza....if we had a half decent coach, people would be talking about Kleiza being the force that he was meant to be. If we had a "true" center, Kleiza wouldn't be double & triple teamed when he posts up down low.

Marshall Brown & Kalen Grimes....these two showed some promise early on in the season, and for some reason now Snyder seems content to let them be just "fill-ins"....With the season all but gone, I would start them with Horton, Kleiza, and Jason Conley and let them get experience that would pay off for next year.

Thomas Gardner......this has to be the one person that Quinn should be fired for misusing so horribly. Gardner was superb last season in his Freshman year, and now Snyder has him being the 6th man, even though he is a good on both sides of the court. Gardner has become ineffective because he can't get into a 'rhythm' in a game.

Jason Horton......finally starting to show signs of being the point guard Mizzou needs, but still makes costly Freshman mistakes. If i was the Tiger Head Coach, I would find the best summer program in the country and "convince" him to hone his skills there.

Glen Dandridge.......Snyder, in a small measure, is doing to him what he has done to Gardner....misused him and now the kid suffers from a lack of confidence. You can tell everytime he misses he looks to the scorers table to see if he is being replaced. A shooter like him has to get more confidence and he can't do it looking over his shoulder.

Sorry, 'Hawks fans, but I have a feeling that Quinn has laid an egg so large that the school will need to jettison him this year. Too many of those alumni are unhappy, and I don't care how much Elson Floyd might lead the University, money talks......all you have to do is look at the mis-named Paiger Arena to verify that.

mmaddog

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2005, 12:05 AM
Actually I think Laurie could be a good point guard especially if Quin leaves.

Cochise
02-06-2005, 12:16 AM
I watched the pathetic performance today and quite frankly there are only about 4 or 5 people that should be left on that bench next year, and Quinn isn't one of them....along with these others:

Kevin Young....why Quinn thinks he is the force in the middle MU needs is beyond anyone with an ounce of intelligence. He can't dribble, he can't hit even a simple layup, and my 8 y/o daughter could out muscle him under the boards.

Jimmy McKinney....I used to think he could be a good 6th or 7th man off the bench, but this year he just plain is pitiful. He has made bad decisions all year, and made some pretty poor shots.

Spencer Laurie....it doesn't take an MBA to figure out why this guy is still on the team. He is hurt right now, which is probably the reason Mizzou hasn't lost every game by 30.

Jeff Ferguson.....this is one scholarship that, like Kevin Young I haven't figured out. What made Mizzou offer a scholarship to a 6-11 guy who hasn't contributed anything of value since he came here.

Now....as for those that I believe, with a real coach could be the beginnings of a real team:

Linas Kleiza....if we had a half decent coach, people would be talking about Kleiza being the force that he was meant to be. If we had a "true" center, Kleiza wouldn't be double & triple teamed when he posts up down low.

Marshall Brown & Kalen Grimes....these two showed some promise early on in the season, and for some reason now Snyder seems content to let them be just "fill-ins"....With the season all but gone, I would start them with Horton, Kleiza, and Jason Conley and let them get experience that would pay off for next year.

Thomas Gardner......this has to be the one person that Quinn should be fired for misusing so horribly. Gardner was superb last season in his Freshman year, and now Snyder has him being the 6th man, even though he is a good on both sides of the court. Gardner has become ineffective because he can't get into a 'rhythm' in a game.

Jason Horton......finally starting to show signs of being the point guard Mizzou needs, but still makes costly Freshman mistakes. If i was the Tiger Head Coach, I would find the best summer program in the country and "convince" him to hone his skills there.

Glen Dandridge.......Snyder, in a small measure, is doing to him what he has done to Gardner....misused him and now the kid suffers from a lack of confidence. You can tell everytime he misses he looks to the scorers table to see if he is being replaced. A shooter like him has to get more confidence and he can't do it looking over his shoulder.

Sorry, 'Hawks fans, but I have a feeling that Quinn has laid an egg so large that the school will need to jettison him this year. Too many of those alumni are unhappy, and I don't care how much Elson Floyd might lead the University, money talks......all you have to do is look at the mis-named Paiger Arena to verify that.

mmaddog

The main problem with our players is that they are what they are. Every one of them came in and will graduate exactly the same player as they were their last day of high school. It's like they are never coached at all.

Kevin Young is worthless. He should be out and Grimes playing his minutes.

McKinney hasn't been great this year, but is not really part of the problem. Seems like him, Grimes, and Linas are the only guys who really want to be playing.

I would be hopeful that people like Horton, Dandridge, Brown, and Grimes would turn into great players but they aren't going to improve under Snyder.

Prime example - Rickey Paulding. He had all the ability to turn into someone who could play in the NBA, but he left Mizzou the same player as he arrived.

I wanted him fired after last year so of course I still feel the same way.

If they are going to do it though, do it immediately after the season, don't fool around and get on the coaching search too late.

Mosbonian
02-06-2005, 12:25 AM
The main problem with our players is that they are what they are. Every one of them came in and will graduate exactly the same player as they were their last day of high school. It's like they are never coached at all.

Kevin Young is worthless. He should be out and Grimes playing his minutes.

McKinney hasn't been great this year, but is not really part of the problem. Seems like him, Grimes, and Linas are the only guys who really want to be playing.

I would be hopeful that people like Horton, Dandridge, Brown, and Grimes would turn into great players but they aren't going to improve under Snyder.

Prime example - Rickey Paulding. He had all the ability to turn into someone who could play in the NBA, but he left Mizzou the same player as he arrived.

I wanted him fired after last year so of course I still feel the same way.

If they are going to do it though, do it immediately after the season, don't fool around and get on the coaching search too late.

I think we will have to disagree on McKinney....it's not just the coaching with him....

I agree on what Paulding was when he came and when he left....

IMO, Kleizas, Conley and the Freshman all are the only ones who are showing a desire to play. Gardner wants to play, but as poorly as he is being handled, it's a surprise that he hasn't launched himself off the rafters in Mizzou Arena......

mmaddog

redhed
02-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Snydes just got a 2 year(I think it was a 2 year) contract extension. There is no way Alden will eat that. And even if he did, what kind of coach could MU get with whatever money would be left over?
QS is here for at least a little while longer.

Mosbonian
02-06-2005, 12:27 AM
Actually I think Laurie could be a good point guard especially if Quin leaves.

You're right...he's pretty good at pointing at guards from the bench.

mmaddog

ChiefsCountry
02-06-2005, 01:04 AM
You're right...he's pretty good at pointing at guards from the bench.

mmaddog

Laurie can play good, if his last name was Lewis or something people would have a different opinion of him. Minnesota, North Carolina State offered scholarships to him and Uncle Bill didn't donate to those schools.

Frazod
02-06-2005, 01:07 AM
At this point, I think everybody associated with both the basketball and football programs should simply be dragged off and shot.

I just happened to be wearing a Mizzou t-shirt at the bar tonight. When I saw the score, I wanted to crawl under the f#cking table (thank God nobody in Chicago gives a shit about Missouri). This team is an absolute, disgraceful embarrassment.

:shake:

gblowfish
02-06-2005, 10:08 AM
I've had courtside seats twice to Mizzou games this year. I can barely stand to watch them. It's just painful to watch. I'm well aware you can't win em all (I am a Chiefs fan, after all..) but following these guys is like sitting through a 12-week long root canal.

I just want a team I can enjoy. I knew this was gonna be a bad year when Creighton kicked their asses back at Municipal Auditorium in the Guardian Classic.

They won't cut Quin loose because they're on probation next year. They'll just suck it up and decide what to do after they get off probation. I'm sure the new "Plaige Arena" has added corporate bucks to the University coffers, and probably will until the newness wears off. Meanwhile, they'll just put up with the crap. Losing three times to KU and K-State (football and basketball combined) is hard to deal with for any Mizzou fan. We deserve a better effort from our athletic department.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2005, 10:13 AM
Mizzou was the only road team to lose yesterday.

By the way, Kansas has completed its sweep of Missouri in all the revenue sports. Football, mens basketball, and womens basketball. K-State needs to beat them in Columbia in Womens Basketball to complete its sweep. Pretty sad eh?

siberian khatru
02-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I can only hope that some of the big money folks in St. Loo and KC will demand changes after the season. They need to tell Alden his fancy new arena will be half-full next season if he brings this shitf*ck back. And they need to pony up the dough to buy out Quinny the Pooh's last 3 years.

beavis
02-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Snydes just got a 2 year(I think it was a 2 year) contract extension. There is no way Alden will eat that. And even if he did, what kind of coach could MU get with whatever money would be left over?
There's a $195,000 buyout clause in the contract.

Mark my words... he's as good as gone.

Saulbadguy
02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
At this point, I think everybody associated with both the basketball and football programs should simply be dragged off and shot.

I just happened to be wearing a Mizzou t-shirt at the bar tonight. When I saw the score, I wanted to crawl under the f#cking table (thank God nobody in Chicago gives a shit about Missouri). This team is an absolute, disgraceful embarrassment.

:shake:
There is no shame losing @ Texas A&M. However, if you lose to Baylor at home (on 2/16), that'd be pretty freaking embarassing (and it would put you in last place in the Big XII).

Mosbonian
02-06-2005, 12:35 PM
There is no shame losing @ Texas A&M. However, if you lose to Baylor at home (on 2/16), that'd be pretty freaking embarassing (and it would put you in last place in the Big XII).

It is a shame when you lose by almost 30 points....when you were ahead by 1 point at half....now my math may be a little rusty, but that means that they outscored us by 31 in the 2nd half!!!! There is no way that should ever happen either on the road or at home.

mmaddog

Sure-Oz
02-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Self could've made a winner out of this team. Quinn has to go, this is the worst ive seen them play in awhile.

Mosbonian
02-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I've had courtside seats twice to Mizzou games this year. I can barely stand to watch them. It's just painful to watch. I'm well aware you can't win em all (I am a Chiefs fan, after all..) but following these guys is like sitting through a 12-week long root canal.

I just want a team I can enjoy. I knew this was gonna be a bad year when Creighton kicked their asses back at Municipal Auditorium in the Guardian Classic.

They won't cut Quin loose because they're on probation next year. They'll just suck it up and decide what to do after they get off probation. I'm sure the new "Plaige Arena" has added corporate bucks to the University coffers, and probably will until the newness wears off. Meanwhile, they'll just put up with the crap. Losing three times to KU and K-State (football and basketball combined) is hard to deal with for any Mizzou fan. We deserve a better effort from our athletic department.

I can tell you without reservation that there have been a lot of corporate dollars poured into this arena. But, that doesn't mean a full arena. Have you seen all the empty seats at all the games except the "high profile" games? KU will probably be the only other game that fills the arena this year.

Not sure how it it where you live in relations to the disgust of the MU alum, but between Pinkel and Snyder there is a lot of alum dissatisfaction in both Columbia and St. Louis...the University already sent a subliminal signal to Snyder by having him add Melvin Watkins to his coaching staff....

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-06-2005, 12:45 PM

Alden isn't exactly in good graces here either....look at his legacy thus far....this Athletic Department has handled all of the sports for this University pretty poorly...

And Alden will eat whatever is necessary, if the pressure mounts enough.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-06-2005, 12:49 PM
Laurie can play good, if his last name was Lewis or something people would have a different opinion of him. Minnesota, North Carolina State offered scholarships to him and Uncle Bill didn't donate to those schools.

Have you watched Laurie play? I don't care if his last name was Smith, Johnson, Jordan or Bird I wouldn't change my opinion of his play. He can't guard on defense, he isn't decent at handling the ball and is very erratic at his shooting.

mmaddog