PDA

View Full Version : Black Colleges pass people if you try hard.

MarcBulger
02-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Listening to the Radio they had a debate going on. Apparently some black private colleges are passing black kids if they try. In your Freshman year if you go to class regular hand in all homework, no matter what you do on your test you pass. 60% of your grade is based on attempt then in your Sophmore years its 50%. Then I beleive its done.

They had a Balck Professor who refused to grade like this and was fired. He stated he had a student who never missed class turned in all homework had 5 test during the semester and never got higher than a 40% on any of them, and he had to pass him.

These are all open enrollment colleges.

I will attempt to find a link.

NaptownChief
02-06-2005, 09:07 AM
"The Blacker The College, The Better The Knowledge"

Or at least that is what I saw on a T-Shirt being worn by some black girl when I was in college. About 13 years later, needless to say I haven't forgotten that.

Maybe it should have read "You might be dumber than a bag of hammers but give an effort and we will pass you anyway..."

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2005, 09:32 AM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

siberian khatru
02-06-2005, 09:40 AM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

You know Susan too? Wow, small world.

Garcia Bronco
02-06-2005, 12:44 PM
I hope that's not true, because that would bw sad.

KC Jones
02-06-2005, 01:19 PM
I hope that's not true, because that would bw sad.

Yeah - I'd hate to think Ferris might be really sick like that.

Ultra Peanut
02-06-2005, 01:22 PM
I think he's dead.

Taco John
02-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Listening to the Radio they had a debate going on. Apparently some black private colleges are passing black kids if they try. In your Freshman year if you go to class regular hand in all homework, no matter what you do on your test you pass. 60% of your grade is based on attempt then in your Sophmore years its 50%. Then I beleive its done.

How is this any different than regular public schooling?

I mean, other than you have to try part...

DenverChief
02-07-2005, 02:22 AM
How is this any different than regular public schooling?

I mean, other than you have to try part...

Ernie is just mad cause they exposed him and his education....

SBK
02-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Heck, I missed 75 days my senior year of high school and I passed......

beavis
02-07-2005, 09:19 AM
You didn't go to college, did you?

WilliamTheIrish
02-07-2005, 09:23 AM

... and went to college on the Ricky Clemons scholarship...

Braincase
02-07-2005, 09:31 AM
It's all tied into "No Child Left Behind", right?

SBK
02-07-2005, 10:12 AM
You didn't go to college, did you?

Went for 3 semesters, then I ran out of money. :thumb:

SBK
02-07-2005, 10:13 AM
... and went to college on the Ricky Clemons scholarship...

No scholarships for me. I only needed 1 credit my senior year, if I could do it again I would have taken gov't and econ in the 1 semester and been done.

In a stunning upset, I didn't recieve the "senioritis of the year" award, but I did manage to change the districts attendance policy.

Rain Man
02-07-2005, 10:18 AM
The interesting thing about this policy is that if you're really smart and you do well on the tests without trying, they should fail you.