PDA

View Full Version : Three more Strikes for Gore

Devin Vierth
12-01-2000, 05:51 PM
More good news for Bush. :D

Today the Florida Supreme Court turned down Gore's request for an immediate recount. They also turned down Gore's request for a revote in Palm Beach County. Gore also lost the lower court lawsuit on the Butterfly ballot. Gore's momementum is definitely almost dead. I would not be surprised to see the Democrats (for self preservation) start turning on him en-masse by Tuesday if he does not concede.

------------------
Jim Reynolds
If I were a Democrat I would surely be a sore loser!

Quarterback
12-01-2000, 06:38 PM
With any luck the Supreme Court will rule that the FL Supreme Court overstepped it's bounds trying to fix things for Gore and put an end to this farce. If they don't it sounds like the FL legislature will.

Bubye Algore. Take Slick Willy with ya.

Moon§hiner
12-01-2000, 06:47 PM
I think Gore should move on, so we can get the coming republican recession out of the way.

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 06:53 PM
Wait! I thought the Fla Supreme Court was nothing more than Gore shills! What happened??? http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Quarterback
12-01-2000, 07:02 PM
Actually Brock if we're going to be consistent that would be the democratic recession. Acording to the Slickster it was the GOP recession he had to overcome a year or two after he'd been in office.

Please don't tell me these democratic paragons of truth and justice would change the rules that they've established!

Devin Vierth
12-01-2000, 07:43 PM
Truthfully DaWolf,

I think what happened is they are about to be overturned by the Supreme Ct and they did not want to stick their necks out in a losing cause. You notice that they did not totally rule out hearing the recount question, but would not provide a favorable hearing to the expedited recount request. This allows them to not slap the Democrats directly in the face on all issues. Instead time runs out and either Gore concedes or the Legislature selects the electors. Either way they are off the hook. No one said they were stupid.

------------------
Jim Reynolds

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 07:51 PM
Well that's one way to look at it, although I'd think if they were worried about getting overturned by the US Sup Court they wouldn't have made the ruling in the first place. :)

Actually looking back on it, Gore really got screwed over by his shills. Supreme court may have looked like it ruled in favor of Gore, yet their deadline made it impossible for either county to actually finish the count. Then, Gore's buddies in Dade stop the recount. Then the Sup Court denies Gore's request to start them up again. Then Palm Beach refuses to count the dimple ballots that the other county was counting. Then Palm Beach still doesn't get it done on time. Then the Sup Court denies Gore's request to start the recount. Gore musta not paid these people off very well... ;)

Devin Vierth
12-01-2000, 08:00 PM
DaWolf,

LOL, it is definitely a clusterf*ck, but you cannot blame GWB for that, nor can Gore.

He would probably be a lock in 2004 if he had bowed out gracefully. Now there is probably almost no chance for him. If Bush falters some other Democrat is likely to benefit. That is the biggest whoot of all, LMAO at Gore's failure to his own pride. He should have paid attention to history and Nixon from 60 and 68.

------------------
Jim Reynolds

Chiefnj
12-01-2000, 08:08 PM
I just saw this on the news - apparently several hundred convicted felons from Florida voted in the election, many of them in Palm Beach County. Obviously, this is illegal.

And guess who took 75% of the felon vote - algore! I guess these guys want to keep their handouts inact when they aren't robbing the rest of us.

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 12-01-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 08:15 PM
Logical,
Perhaps, but remember that a lot of people voted for Gore too, and they are going to give him leeway. Whether or not he runs and wins in 4 years will depend on a few factors. I believe that most americans right now are at least a little bit sick of or not impressed by either guy. Thus whoever wins is going to have the task of making the american people unsick of him. So Gore has a chance to go away for 3 years and then come back a bit fresher to people if he wants to run again. Then there is the PR machine, after this election can the democrats be successful in making Gore out to be a guy who got robbed, or can Republicans succeed in making the American people believe GW is clearcut and has no clouds hanging over him. Then there is Capitol Hill, where the conduct of senators and how they work together will be very important. And finally GW has to endear himself to the american people, have an open administration, and not have to suffer through a bad economy. Because with the republicans in total control up there, if things aren't good you know where the blame will be pointed at, and then Gore comes in and says, "Dudes, remember me? Now you tell me you weren't better off 4 years ago than you are today." If Bush can keep a strong economy going, Gore probably won't beat him in 4 years, and the Demo's would have to find a candidate with a more endearing personality...

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 08:20 PM
Frazod,
Just more proof that Florida has a screwed up election system. They actually let Raider fans vote. How shameful...

:D<BR>

Go Chiefs
12-01-2000, 08:20 PM
"Gore probably won't beat him in 4 years,
and the Demo's would have to find a candidate with a more endearing personality... "

Wolf, would this be terribly difficult to do?

Devin Vierth
12-01-2000, 08:22 PM
Double post deleted

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 12-01-2000).]

Devin Vierth
12-01-2000, 08:22 PM
I think you misinterpreted my point DaWolf.

I was saying that the Democrats will turn to another candidate who will benefit from this mess to beat Bush, if Bush does nothing extraordinary. Gore loses out totally. The Democrats will do ok unless they make a major error and nominate someone like Hillary. If Nixon were still alive he could beat Hillary, heck dead he could probably beat Hillary. Carnahan was dead and still won the Senate seat in Missouri. ;)

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 12-01-2000).]

Chiefnj
12-01-2000, 08:26 PM
Wolf, if Bush wins, four years from now Hillary will likely be the Demoncratic candidate for president. As vile and nauseating as this thought is, she is the party darling right now. That may be another reason Gore's fighting so hard - he knows he's probably f#cked forever if he doesn't get in now.

The thing that scares me is that she might win, especially if the economy continues to tank and Bush takes the blame. I hope she goes the way of the the Dems' last party darling, Carol Moseley Braun.

One the other hand, it would be amusing to see Slick Willy as the First B!tch.

Chiefaholic
12-01-2000, 08:51 PM
Don't look now, but here comes JJ and Sharpton. They are taking advantage of this "disenfranchised voter" thing to galvanize a get-out-the-vote movement. Yo, check out the signs his folks were carrying in DC today. "Black Votes Count, too!", "Racist Bush Bro's!", etc. Most excellent, Bush is being painted as Bushlosovic the Vote Robber, the crusader against minority voting rights.

Fellow Dems, all we need now is to keep up enough pressure to get the Florida State Legislature to step in and hijack the electoral votes. Jeb Bush signs the bill, hands over the hijacked votes to his brother, and the Repub Congress votes to recognize the Bush electors. Beautiful! There would be huge demonstrations across the country.

Here's the nutshell. There are lots more Dems than there are Repubs, but Dems have a lousy voting record compared to Repubs. All this focus on ballots and voting has started a serious my-vote-counts sentiment on the left. If Bush gets in by folks votes being nullified (real or imagined), the wave of outrage would be strong enough to carry into the Congressional elections. And probably on to 2004.

How do you fight racism? Register to vote, and punch your ballot carefully. Check for fully removed chads.

Clint in Wichita
12-01-2000, 08:52 PM
WisChief,
Good point.

Logical and Frazod,
I've been hearing all about Hillary this and Hillary that, but I don't think she will be a viable presidential candidate in 4 years. She's got a 6 year senatorial term and would have to essentially start running in 2 years if she wanted to run for office, thus leaving her little time to actually accomplish anything in congress. I think it is more likely for her to run after that assuming she doesn't flame in the Senate. Now I could be wrong and maybe in he eyes of the democratic party she will do a great job and move into the drivers seat for the canidacy for office, a lot can happen between now and then. But I really doubt it will be her for the Decision 2004. And Logical, you may be right, they may just totally go away from Gore, but I still think he could have enough support in the party for another run if the conditions are right in 4 years...

Chiefnj
12-01-2000, 09:02 PM
Wolf, Hillary is quoted as saying she'll do her full six years in Congress. This tells me she'll run for President in 2004. The day any Clinton tells the truth is the day I watch a Chiefs superbowl victory from the bridge of the Starship Enterprise.

Duck, as for Jesse, I was amused to see a clip of him getting shouted down by a bunch of Republican protestors. What an amusing twist. As far as Jesse getting out the vote, don't you think that a lot of Republican voters have been galvanized by this? I wouldn't bet the farm on Jackson leading you to the White House. And anyone who thinks Jesse cares about anyone other than Jesse needs to have his head examined. He is one of the most vile, shameless, self-promoting bigots who ever lived.

Duck Dog
12-01-2000, 09:08 PM
Unfortunately for Dubya, there almost certainly WILL be a recession on his watch. Recessions are a natural part of the business cycle (it is not possible to not have recessions) and we're way overdue for one. Even if it's not a bad one, we're gonna have one.

Now, since most people don't know that you HAVE to have them, guess who's gonna get the blame? GW.

Then, in '04, the Dems blame the Repubs for the recession, and viola! A Dem gets elected.

I just pray to God it's not Hillary. I HATE seeing her smarmy little smile, and I would go crazy if I had to see it every time I turned on the TV...

Buzzbait
12-01-2000, 10:02 PM
Clinton took office smack dab in the middle of a high tech internet-tech boom.
I hope People dont give too much of the economic credit to the last administration.

Whoever the next prez , is (Bush) He will have his work cut out for him.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-02-2000, 04:44 AM
Bob Dole leans toward the opinion that Gore is through if he fails to overturn this election. He's reached the point of no return. At some point (November 14th or so), he had the opportunity to salvage a political career...but not now.

Hillary talk scares the bejesus out of Bob Dole. The original healthcare fiasco she tried to create as First Lady was enough Hillary for Bob Dole. (Anyone actually remember that?) Shudder to think what she'd do with foreign dimplomats. (Though not sure about GW's abilities in that arena, either.)

And playing the "race card" is a serious reach on this issue. Puh-leeze.

[This message has been edited by Robert_Dole (edited 12-02-2000).]

Iowanian
12-02-2000, 09:30 AM
The race card will always be played by the Dems. Why not? It seems to work well for them. The sad thing is that our Judicial system (or lack there of) tends to always favor the racial card. Racial tension in the U.S. will never end, mainly because of people like JJ and Sharpton, not because of white people. The thing that amuses me is that Powell will be the next SOS and he is being appointed by the so called minority hating Republicans.

The racial arguments have been played out long ago. Can we please find something better?

DIEHARDCHIEF
12-02-2000, 09:54 AM
Unfortunatly, The Liberal Dems are still able to use the race card. I really hate seeing my fellow minorities used in this manner. Education is the key.

Dan<BR>

Iowanian
12-02-2000, 09:59 AM
Well said!!!

------------------
TWB