PDA

View Full Version : Video Editing Software

jspchief
02-12-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm looking for suggestions for software to edit video from my digital camcorder.

Currently, my biggest use will be to cut video into small clips that I can e-mail to my parents (baby movies). I imagine I may want to do more with it in the future, but don't see myself ever getting too complex.

I bought Pinnacle Studio but haven't opened it yet. I was hoping for some feedback on this software or suggestions of better products. Thanks.

Lzen
02-15-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm no expert but I believe I've seen people on here recommend that Pinnacle software before.

What OS are you running? I think the Window Movie Maker software on XP isn't too bad for simple home movie editing. I also use and older version of Ulead's software. It's not bad, either. Doesn't have many options, though.

HC_Chief
02-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Movie Maker is okay... and it's free. The Pinnacle software is alright as well. In other words, what you've got should be just fine :)

jspchief
02-15-2005, 10:07 AM
I've done some research om Pinnacle, and it sounds like it has a lot of issues. Most of the user reviews I've read have been more bad than good.

I'm going to return it and just make movie maker make due for now.