PDA

View Full Version : Yet another idiot sportswriter

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 09:53 AM
So Bob Dole cruises over to CNNsi.com to check out what they have to say about the Monday night game, and predictably, there's not much. (Don't take that to mean that Bob Dole thinks there should be...what the he!! do you write about 2 teams with records like this?)

Clicking on Pat Kirwan's Inside the NFL column, Bob Dole at least expects to read something that makes sense.

But noooooooo...

"Expect Chiefs cornerback James Hasty to line up on Glenn and blanket him with physical man coverage."

Hahahaha... Have you watched any games this year, Pat? Hahahahaha...

"Elvis Grbac will play, but with his finger injury, he won't be 100 percent. If he can't throw, 44-year-old Warren Moon will be under center and will challenge New England's questionable secondary."

First, Warren is no longer number 2, Pat. And second, the Warren we saw last week couldn't challenge any secondary.

Do these guys actually draw a paycheck for this sh#t?<P>

Fat Homer
12-04-2000, 09:57 AM
Except for the Grbac finger thing...the guy probably wrote this before the season started...it's pretty obvious he didn't do any research...bastige...

ROBHONDA
12-04-2000, 09:57 AM
maybe the guy uses some kind of template to write his articles...he just adds the names of the teams and the players.
sec

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 10:00 AM
Bob Dole isn't Inside the Chiefs, much less Inside the NFL and could have written a more accurate article than Kirwan's.

Pretty sad...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
12-04-2000, 10:02 AM
Bob Dole also hopes that the following is another inaccuracy:

[i]"Both coaches will be back next season, so these players know their jobs will be on the line down the stretch."</i>

Moon§hiner
12-04-2000, 10:16 AM
The only nfl writer worth reading is Dr. Z.

CHIEF1
12-04-2000, 11:24 AM
We should all email this chump and tell him to get his head screwed on straight or quit writing this misinformation. What a hack!
Here I go...

rh :mad:<BR>