PDA

View Full Version : Alan Keys daughter a liberal queer

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2005, 03:23 PM
Alan Keyes' daughter:
I'm a 'liberal queer'
Lesbian says she doesn't mesh well with 'conservative Republican'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 15, 2005
3:05 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Alan Keyes

The daughter of former presidential candidate Alan Keyes has come out of the closet to announce she's a lesbian, putting her at odds with her father's highly publicized stances against homosexuality and same-sex marriage.

Calling herself a "liberal queer," Maya Marcel-Keyes, 19, went public with her sexual orientation yesterday at a rally in Annapolis sponsored by Equality Maryland, the state's largest civil-rights organization for homosexuals.

"Things just came to a head. Liberal queer plus conservative Republican just doesn't mesh well," Marcel-Keyes said. "That was making my life a little bit turbulent."

Alan Keyes, who sought the White House in 2000 and last fall lost a bid for the U.S. Senate in Illinois, is considered one of the most eloquent defenders of the conservative worldview and agenda.

He currently heads up RenewAmerica and the Declaration Foundation, organizations looking to preserve the founding principles of America.

Maya and Alan Keyes in December 2003

In a statement issued last night, Keyes responded to the announcement, saying, "My daughter is an adult, and she is responsible for her own actions. What she chooses to do has nothing to do with my work or political activities."

Keyes created a national stir last August after a radio interview in which he expressed support for a proposed amendment to the Constitution to define marriage as a union between one man and one woman.

"The essence of ... family life remains procreation," he explained. "If we embrace homosexuality as a proper basis for marriage, we are saying that it's possible to have a marriage state that in principle excludes procreation and is based simply on the premise of selfish hedonism."

Some news reports stated the comments suggested all homosexuals were "selfish hedonists," including Mary Cheney, daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney.

Maya Marcel-Keyes, right, joins her father campaigning for president in 2000

In an e-mail interview with the Advocate, a publication geared toward homosexuals, Marcel-Keyes said she told her parents about her sexuality at the end of high school, and they initially denied it:

They said I wasn't really queer I was either lying about it or just confused or going through a phase or brainwashed, etc. Then they just got angry, upset my mom in particular. I left the country for a year and things cooled off a bit, but they were always still very harsh if the subject came up. It was best if we just stayed quiet and pretended the whole queer issue never happened. Occasionally we'd have arguments, or long talks where they reminded me how horrible and sinful homosexuality is, but mostly if it didn't come up, our relationship stayed pretty OK. Recently things have gotten a lot worse, though, because I'm not staying quiet about it anymore. I hope it's just a phase and we work things out again. At the moment it's been a while since I've talked to my parents.
When asked about her reaction to her father's comments last August, Marcel-Keyes said, "It was weird to see what he said all over the news, but the remarks themselves weren't any shock to me; it's no different than what he believes and says at home as well."

She says she has a girlfriend at the present time, and would someday consider "marriage," noting she is a religious person.

"I was raised in the Roman Catholic Church. I'm still very Christian, yes," she told the Advocate.

On her personal blog online, Marcel-Keyes is receiving numerous notes of encouragement, including:

"Just goes to show you: whatever group of people you hate, one of them will end up in your family. 'Tolerance' is not enough ... we need justice."

"Your dad is so smart, hopefully one day he will turn his intelligence towards connecting with you. His loss."

Taco John
02-15-2005, 03:55 PM
This is the first I've heard of this.

Baby Lee
02-15-2005, 03:55 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110192

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I would delete it if I could.

Fairplay
02-15-2005, 04:28 PM
That's wild stuff. I guess it can happen to the best of families i suppose.

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
That's wild stuff. I guess it can happen to the best of families i suppose.

So goes all public with it, that's like spitting in her dads face. Great kid.

Soupnazi
02-15-2005, 05:00 PM
This does kinda wreak of a "I'm mad at daddy" complex. Why people need to announce these things publicly is always a mystery to me, unless it's being used for some type of agenda.

BIG_DADDY
02-15-2005, 05:10 PM
This does kinda wreak of a "I'm mad at daddy" complex. Why people need to announce these things publicly is always a mystery to me, unless it's being used for some type of agenda.

No inheritance for you beeotch. That's how I would deal with it.

Calcountry
02-15-2005, 05:53 PM
The conservatives are the only people who get roasted for the sins of their family members. :shake:

listopencil
02-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Who gives a crap, unless she's hot and someone here has pics?

listopencil
02-16-2005, 01:41 AM
OK, quit ****ing around, do you guys have pictures or not? She really doesn't have to be that hot.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 02:11 AM
So goes all public with it, that's like spitting in her dads face. Great kid.

as opposed to her dad spitting in her face with his anti-gay agenda?

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
as opposed to her dad spitting in her face with his anti-gay agenda?

Dad had his political beliefs a long time before she chose to be gay and go public with it. Like I said, if I was her father she would be cut off for doing that. Dick Cheney's daughter is a different case, she is just living her life and other people make the fact that she is gay an issue.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Dad had his political beliefs a long time before she chose to be gay and go public with it. Like I said, if I was her father she would be cut off for doing that. Dick Cheney's daughter is a different case, she is just living her life and other people make the fact that she is gay an issue.

so its his right to hold on to long held beilefs that is more important then her right of self expression? Maybe she came out to him and he didn't change his mind, thats why she went public....tit for tat...no pun intended

Donger
02-16-2005, 10:54 AM
OK, quit ****ing around, do you guys have pictures or not? She really doesn't have to be that hot.

She kind of looks like her dad. So, maybe DC find her attractive.

DenverChief
02-16-2005, 10:55 AM
She kind of looks like her dad. So, maybe DC find her attractive.

she ain't got the plumming I ain't interested

Donger
02-16-2005, 10:59 AM
she ain't got the plumming I ain't interested

Picture of her here: http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/02/15/keyes.daughter.ap/index.html

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 11:02 AM
so its his right to hold on to long held beilefs that is more important then her right of self expression? Maybe she came out to him and he didn't change his mind, thats why she went public....tit for tat...no pun intended

The only reason anyone gives a **** what this whore's orientation is is because she is Alan Keys daughter. She is using her dads fame to promote her own agenda and hurt him professionally. She is more than welcome to do that but if I was her father and my kid was trying hurt me like that she would be cut off. Hope it's worth it.

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Mary Cheney was working at Coors as the lesbian spokesperson.

When you said Dad had his political beliefs a long time before she chose to be gay and go public with it. Like I said, if I was her father she would be cut off for doing that. Dick Cheney's daughter is a different case, she is just living her life and other people make the fact that she is gay an issue.

Were you ignorant of that fact?

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 05:21 PM

When you said

Apparently I was. Is this Thomas again?

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
Why do you go around making statements from a position of ignorance?

Is it fun?

It was common knowledge to those that aren't spoonfed our news from Rush and the Faux news.

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Why do you go around making statements from a position of ignorance?

Is it fun?

It was common knowledge to those that aren't spoonfed our news from Rush and the Faux news.

**** you asshole. I hope I get to meet you one day so I can kick your stupid ass. Why don't you come across the bay you little bitch..

Donger
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM

When you said

Actually, she was working for Coors as a liason between Coors and the lesbian community.

She also quit in 2000 to work with the Bush Cheney campaign.

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Ooh, big threats on a message board.

You MUST be a real man.

I joke.
Only a complete pussy would make physical threats on the internet.

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Ooh, big threats on a message board.

You MUST be a real man.

I joke.
Only a complete pussy would make physical threats on the internet.

Dude, I am right across the bridge why don't you come over dinner's on me.

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Why did you leave his quote out, dongle?

Big Fairy wrote:

It seems kinda relevant.

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Is that the bridge that I was gonna sell you?
Or do you know something I don't?

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 05:40 PM
And is "dinner's on me" some kinda Gannon slang?

Donger
02-16-2005, 05:43 PM
It seems kinda relevant.

Only because you obviously intensely dislike Republicans.

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Only because you obviously intensely dislike Republicans.

I'm not even a Republican he's a ****ing moron. Left of Stalin is where he is standing. He doesn't even have the balls to tell somebody what he thinks that's why he has to bleed all over a BB that's kicked him off countless times.

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 05:49 PM
Including the quote that I was commenting on, when it was contained in the original quote would be standard practice.

But I guess so many republicans are going to the Jeff Gannon school of broadcasting, the rules are probably going out the window with the rest of the old school conservative principals.

Like fiscal conservatism, not being the worlds policeman, and men sleeping with men.

Hydrae
02-16-2005, 06:17 PM
The only reason anyone gives a **** what this whore's orientation is is because she is Alan Keys daughter. She is using her dads fame to promote her own agenda and hurt him professionally. She is more than welcome to do that but if I was her father and my kid was trying hurt me like that she would be cut off. Hope it's worth it.

My take would be more along the lines of, there has been rumor of this for a while and rather than allow people to speculate, she is clearing the air.

And if she was out to hurt daddy she would have done that last fall during his campaign don't ya think?

There are times I honestly worry about your anger issue BD. You jump to the negative side of peoples motives a lot and seem to assume the worst of people you have never met more often than not.

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 07:10 PM
My take would be more along the lines of, there has been rumor of this for a while and rather than allow people to speculate, she is clearing the air.

And if she was out to hurt daddy she would have done that last fall during his campaign don't ya think?

There are times I honestly worry about your anger issue BD. You jump to the negative side of peoples motives a lot and seem to assume the worst of people you have never met more often than not.

I'm not angry at all. If she isn't being vindictive and just clearing the air then that's fine. If she is using her dad's fame to push her own agenda then I would cut her off that's all I'm saying. If I did something on purpose knowing it could cause harm to my parents professionally I would expect to be cut off, this isn't any different. On a seperate note I like girls that like girls, remember?

listopencil
02-17-2005, 07:41 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/02/15/keyes.daughter.ap/story.keyes.ap.jpg

She's not all that bad looking. Still, I'm dissappointed. I had imagined her more looking like that young girl who plays piano, Alicia Keys.

vailpass
02-17-2005, 11:19 AM

She's not all that bad looking.

:bong: :shake:
I hope to God you had many adult beverages before you said that. She looks like Cornelius' wife in "Planet of the Apes"

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 12:37 PM
I thought comparing black women to apes went out with the Rush Limbaugh television show?

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
I thought comparing black women to apes went out with the Rush Limbaugh television show?Jesus H. Christ! Get off your liberal ****ing high horse...

vailpass
02-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Jesus H. Christ! Get off your liberal ****ing high horse...

Exactly. Under his system we would need to run all of our jokes, statements, writings, etc. by a board of approvers who would decide whether they like the way we think/speak/act. Everything would be assumed guilty of possibly offending some minority group (blacks, gays, etc.) until proven innocent. Fortunatley they become less and less significant with the passing of each day.
It's thought-Nazis like this one who have caused US citizens to rise up and speak out against the minority controlling the majority.
Crawl back under your rock and take your whiny liberal censorship with you.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Jesus H. Christ! Get off your liberal ****ing high horse...

Republicans should love Thomas and people just like him, they are the best thing to ever happen to conservative America. They drive moderates to the right every day. Nobody with half a brain would want to be associated with these idiots. No conservative could be nearly as efficient at destroying the left as they are.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Geeze....

I thought respecting the individual was what conservatives were all about.

I didn't know that it was ok to make racist comments about people.

I guess it does make it easier when you decide to send them to the camps and showers, eh?

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Geeze....

I guess it does make it easier when you decide to send them to the camps and showers, eh?

Thanks for proving my point.

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2005, 01:19 PM
Thanks for proving my point.This loon was referred by jAZ...

vailpass
02-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Geeze....

Wrong. This is NOT a racist statement. It is an accurate comparison between a living and fictional character who bear a striking resemblance to one another thus creating a sensation of humor. Get it? It is an accepted humoristic convention.
Only to pre-programmed thought police like you does everything take on it's worst possible meaning. No worries though; the more times that censors like you try to bring down the house on every little thing the more it drives people away from you.
I invite you to go around in real life and censor people's statements like you do on the internet. If you are anywhere outside of (some parts of)Kalifornia or The People's Republic of Boulder you are in for a rude awakening called defense of free speech.

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
I thought comparing black women to apes went out with the Rush Limbaugh television show?But, its OK to make a cartoon that depicts the POTUS as a chimp...

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Sorry, it won't let me delete the link, and I posted it in the wrong thread, ignore.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Is George W. Bush black?

I don't see your point?

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Is George W. Bush black?

I don't see your point?Of course you don't. Liberals often do not get it...

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 01:33 PM
This loon was referred by jAZ...

This loon has been around forever. He keeps getting banned and comes back as someone else. I don't know how many names he has had but here are a few. Thomas/Burningformansteak/Bushshotinmyeye/BushliedIcried/Remount

He lives in Oakland because he can't afford to live in SF with one of his boyfriends and he is really angry about that so he comes here and acts like the spiteful little bitch he is. Once you understand what's going on it is really easy to understand him.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Can you please explain it to me?

If you can make the statement, surely you can explain it?

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
This loon has been around forever. He keeps getting banned and comes back as someone else. I don't know how many names he has had but here are a few. Thomas/Burningformansteak/Bushshotinmyeye/BushliedIcried/Remount

He lives in Oakland because he can't afford to life in SF with one of his boyfriends and he is really angry about that so he comes here and acts like the spiteful little bitch he is. Once you understand what's going on it is really easy to understand him.Gotcha...

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Wow, that's neat.

So I guess I'm right when I say that you are a lonely pale little man with a withered right hand, and a testicle where his manhood used to be before the leprosy took it away?

I'm glad we know each other so well, "big" daddy!

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:40 PM
So far all you've done is threaten me over a message board and call me names, "big" daddy.

Not exactly the signs of a mental giant.

More likely a little girl on her mom's computer.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
So far all you've done is threaten me over a message board and call me names, "big" daddy.

Not exactly the signs of a mental giant.

More likely a little girl on her mom's computer.

So far all you have managed to do is kicked off the BB countless times and make the left look repulsive. Talk about mental giants.

I am still over here at 951 Mariners Island in San Mateo any time you want to stop by.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Whatever idiot.

I'm glad you think you know me, but you're a complete dork.

Glad to know your address though.
Now I can tell your mom what you are doing when she is at work.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:57 PM
By the way, how big does your woody get when you threaten anonymous people on the internet?

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
By the way, how big does your woody get when you threaten anonymous people on the internet?

Your not anonymous, your Thomas. Your obsession with my cock is a bit troubling also what's wrong your boyfriend cut you off? No wonder your acting like a scorned little bitch.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
You're so big and strong "big" daddy!
Did you pick that name yourself?
Because that is queer bait if I've ever heard it.

Why not just call yourself "Jeff Gannon"?

(By the way... Are you going to continue this little one man play? Because it is getting a little old...)

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 02:23 PM
(By the way... Are you going to continue old

No, like your boyfriend said when he spooged all over your ass "I'm done with ya, for now"

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks.
That's probably the nicest thing you've done all week.

Other than pulling out of your mom early.

Ultra Peanut
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM

She's not all that bad looking. Still, I'm dissappointed. I had imagined her more looking like that young girl who plays piano, Alicia Keys.I admit, it's a combover.

Taco John
02-18-2005, 12:02 AM
The conservatives are the only people who get roasted for the sins of their family members. :shake:

How do you figure? Clinton had to deal with his brother every other month.

Michael Michigan
02-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Is George W. Bush black?

I don't see your point?

Is Eason Jordan still employed?

Lefty_the_Right
02-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow, Mike!

You just disproved your auto-sig!

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 11:41 AM
I thought I'd bump this to the top so we can compare our conservative brothers and sisters comments on this story versus what they say about Gannon.

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Dad had his political beliefs a long time before she chose to be gay and go public with it. Like I said, if I was her father she would be cut off for doing that. Dick Cheney's daughter is a different case, she is just living her life and other people make the fact that she is gay an issue.ROFL

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 11:51 AM
:bong: :shake:
I hope to God you had many adult beverages before you said that. She looks like Cornelius' wife in "Planet of the Apes"THATS IT!!!111!!

I knew I had seen her somewhere before. ROFL

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I had to point out to Big Daddy that Mary Cheney was the official Coors outreach person to the GBLT community.

Apparently he didn't know....

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
I thought comparing black women to apes went out with the Rush Limbaugh television show?Make sure you get your shit straight, that was an INTELLIGENT Ape.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Keep digging, I think you are just about there....

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Geeze....

I guess it does make it easier when you decide to send them to the camps and showers, eh?jgeesh, get this guy. He knows what conservatives are all about. :shake:

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Is George W. Bush black?

I don't see your point?Liberalism is a mental disorder. You need to read that book when it comes out.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:02 PM
If you are going to spew a bunch of nonsense, at least TRY to be funny?

You're like a Rush Limbaugh windup doll.
Can't you come up with some original thoughts of your own?

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 12:11 PM

Can't you come up with some original thoughts of your own?

OK jAz.

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:11 PM

Can't you come up with some original thoughts of your own?You are a pathetic, sad little puppy.

ROFL

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:15 PM
OK jAz.ROFL

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Man, for a politcal group that controls all three branches of government, you guys sure a surly, humorless bunch, aren't you?

What would it take to actually make you guys happy?

Another war?

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Man, for a politcal group that controlls all branches of government, you guys sure a surly, humorless bunch, aren't you?

Another war?

You sure have a gift for noticing how unhappy some folks are.

Are you sure it isn't just you?

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Man, for a politcal group that controlls all branches of government, you guys sure a surly, humorless bunch, aren't you?

Another war?Shit tards like you to get out of the house and get a life, job, and generally spread a little happiness.

What goes arround comes arround.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I'm just pointing out how bitter you guys sound when you post.

I thought you guys loved picking on queers?
Where is your enthusiasm?

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:22 PM

Where is your enthusiasm?I'm sorry, I was trying to be nice to you.

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 12:23 PM

Where is your enthusiasm?

Queers? I don't think I've picked on any queers.

Are you certain it isn't just you bringing out the worst in people?

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:24 PM
See, that's more like it bunny!

At least you are honest about your feelings.

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:25 PM
See, that's more like it bunny!

At least you are honest about your feelings.Why don't you be honest about your feelings?

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, there wasn't a lot of support from the conservatives on the board for Maya Keyes, Bill.

I'm wondering why there isn't any consistancy on the issue.

I mean, she wasn't a whore like Guckert..

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Well, there wasn't a lot of support from the conservatives on the board for Maya Keyes, Bill.

I mean, she wasn't a whore like Guckert.. Talk about, Consistency.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM
I am being honest bunny.

I think that Bush supporters are anti gay.

After all, wasn't the last election all about "values"?

And wasn't one of the most important "values" making sure that gay people can't marry?

Heck, Bush just mentioned it in the SOTU.
So it has to be near and dear to his party, right?

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Where is your enthusiasm?Funny, I wasn't using a microphone when I posted.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:29 PM
What's the problem bunny?

You do know that Guckert had a web page listing his "services" and rates, don't you?

Would you feel better if I used the word prostitute?

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 12:32 PM

I mean, she wasn't a whore like Guckert..

Well I agree with you on that part.

But deep down you don't care about Maya Keyes any more than I care about Maya Keyes.

Now, what 'really' makes you so unhappy? :)

BTW, welcome to CP. You'll find all the fights your looking for.

Just try to separate them from the friendly discussion and debate you can find here also.

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 12:32 PM
I am being honest bunny.

I think that Bush supporters are anti gay.

After all, wasn't the last election all about "values"?

And wasn't one of the most important "values" making sure that gay people can't marry?

Heck, Bush just mentioned it in the SOTU.
So it has to be near and dear to his party, right?

Why does this piss you so. Homosexuals cannot "marry". In my mind it simply isn't possible. The construct of the word marriage, has meanings poured into it which are simply biologically impossible for a gay couple to achieve. I am sorry that evolution didnt' provide your kind with the capability to genetically splice, but that is the way it is. I can't change that for you just so that you can feel accepted as normal.

That being said, I could care less if you hook up with a guy and commit to one another and trust one another, but you are not "married", and you are still gay and outside 2 standard deviations from the norm.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Thanks Bill, I appreciate that.
I do get a little "het up" up sometimes.

And Bunny, this isn't about the word marriage.

There are plenty of churches and pastors that will marry gay people.

It's about equal rights.
The right of inheritence, the right to visit a sick partner in the hospital, etc.

Thanks for assuming that I am gay, by the way.
It's nice to know that I don't have to BE something just to understand where they are coming from.

But that is what being a liberal is all about.
Feeling empathy, and being able to care about something that doesn't directly affect me.

BigMeatballDave
02-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Why does this piss you so. Homosexuals cannot "marry". In my mind it simply isn't possible. The construct of the word marriage, has meanings poured into it which are simply biologically impossible for a gay couple to achieve. I am sorry that evolution didnt' provide your kind with the capability to genetically splice, but that is the way it is. I can't change that for you just so that you can feel accepted as normal.
This is basically my opinion of gay marriage. I have no problem Civil Unions, though. Marriage has been between a woman and a man. Always has, always should be. And before anyone calls me some right-wing, religious freak, I'm not. As a matter of fact, I haven't been to church since my son's mom had him baptized in a Lutheran church. He was 6 months at the time, now he's 6...

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Marriage is a religous term.

Are you saying that the government should regulate Churches to make sure they aren't marrying gay people?

Or are you saying that the government shouldn't recognize the marriage if they do?

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Anything that keeps Rosie O'Donnell's ugly mug off the tv cannot be a bad thing.

I don't care if they call it marriage or a civil union.

Homosexuals certainly can't be any worse at marriage than than us heteros. Wjat's our fail rate? 50+%?

stevieray
02-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Wjat's our fail rate? 50+%?

I've never understood this logic.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Well, divorce, alcoholism, and child abuse are most common in the red states, particularly the "bible belt", but they still want to say that they are the moral ones...

It doesn't make any sense, "logicly".

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Anything that keeps Rosie O'Donnell's ugly mug off the tv cannot be a bad thing.

I don't care if they call it marriage or a civil union.

Homosexuals certainly can't be any worse at marriage than than us heteros. Wjat's our fail rate? 50+%?
Agree with all 3 statements, especially the first.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:36 PM

Are you saying that the government should regulate Churches to make sure they aren't marrying gay people?

Or are you saying that the government shouldn't recognize the marriage if they do?
No, I think he is saying we need grammar police to preserve the sanctity of Webster.

Lefty_the_Right
02-21-2005, 01:44 PM

unlurking
02-21-2005, 03:00 PM
sarcasm

I would have thought that "grammar policer" and "the sanctity of Webster" would have given it away.

WilliamTheIrish
02-21-2005, 06:48 PM
I've never understood this logic.

SR, we just disagree on this subject. Nothing wrong with that. Letting homosexuals marry (or civil unions) just does not matter one whit to me.

Ultra Peanut
02-22-2005, 05:07 AM
Well, divorce, alcoholism, and child abuse are most common in the red states, particularly the "bible belt", but they still want to say that they are the moral ones...

It doesn't make any sense, "logicly".Someone ban this ****ing retard for using the term "red states."

Lefty_the_Right
02-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Or you could debate what I said....

Ultra Peanut
02-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Debate what? An ad hominem attack on gigantic frigging swaths of states? The claim that because someone lives in a state that went a certain way in a presidential election, they're more likely to do something?

Yeah, that's the start of a real intellectual course of discussion.

For the record, retard, I think banning gay marriage or even giving a damn about what someone else wants to do when it doesn't hurt you is utterly idiotic, as is stereotyping people because they're from a certain area.

Lefty_the_Right
02-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Wow, I didn't know that you were so concerned about the use of the phrase.

Are there any other things that I'm not allowed to say?

Could you provide a list of things that you find acceptable?

listopencil
02-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Time to clear up a few things on this thread:

1) Yes, I was enjoying an adult beverage while looking at that pic. It was some cheap brandy.

2) Upon reflection, she does look a bit like the chimp wife from Planet Of The Apes but I'd still hit it. If I had some more brandy.

3) If you think that's a racist joke, you need to get a life.