PDA

View Full Version : Question: Let's Say San Francisco Gets Nuked, How Do We Respond?

RINGLEADER
02-16-2005, 02:05 PM
I had a very spirited conversation with a friend of mine from Israel. He has a very pessimistic view of whether democracy can work in Arab countries and he proffered an interesting hypothetical: How should the US respond if a major American city, say San Francisco, were to get vaporized by a nuke tomorrow?

How do you respond to an attack by terrorists when you can't prove state sponsorship? How can you not respond when a quarter-million Americans are killed? Say you determine that the perp was a group of renegade Pakistanis working with a group of renegade Russians?

My friend and I went round and round and round on this. How do you respond? Do you nuke a country like Iran when the populace wants to rid itself of its rulers but can't? Do you go after countries like Saudi Arabia that we rely upon?

What would you do?

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I would be dead so that will be response.

Chief Henry
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I would be dead so that will be response.

RIP

Donger
02-16-2005, 02:26 PM
I had a very spirited conversation with a friend of mine from Israel. He has a very pessimistic view of whether democracy can work in Arab countries and he proffered an interesting hypothetical: How should the US respond if a major American city, say San Francisco, were to get vaporized by a nuke tomorrow?

How do you respond to an attack by terrorists when you can't prove state sponsorship? How can you not respond when a quarter-million Americans are killed? Say you determine that the perp was a group of renegade Pakistanis working with a group of renegade Russians?

My friend and I went round and round and round on this. How do you respond? Do you nuke a country like Iran when the populace wants to rid itself of its rulers but can't? Do you go after countries like Saudi Arabia that we rely upon?

What would you do?

If I were POTUS and it was determined that the act was perpetrated by radical Islamists, I would nuke Mecca and Medina.

Of course, if I were POTUS, I would have already given that warning.

Bearcat2005
02-16-2005, 02:30 PM

What would you do?
Well you respond just like Bush did, not a war on JUST 1 group who caused the attack but against ALL Terror and that means all states whom sponsor it, starting with the weakest one, which is what we did (Iraq). It puts the U.S. in the situation of having to go to war eventualy with all intolerant countries such as those whom harbor terrorism and hate-N. Korea, Iran, Syria. We cannot do this alone, we have too many in the U.N. who would rather make money off of these states and wait for another attack than stand and fight. America would not be the country it is today if we didn't do what it took to destroy the evils of the world.
We could put a trade blockade against Iran (assuming it did it), a blockade aginst any trade from any country to it, and then give monetary and military assistance to "Iran's oppressed people" which is there majority from what I understand to eventualy take out the regime. Of course in this situation we would be the main players.
This would take a huge commitment from the American people, which I am sad to say in the state we are in today when we have senators claiming that we are the problem, I do not think we have the stomach to handle such a situation.

Bearcat2005
02-16-2005, 02:33 PM

What would you do?
Of course we could, considering the situation that it was San Francisco we could just go on our marry little way. :p I am just kidding though!

jiveturkey
02-16-2005, 02:34 PM
I would attack Iraq. :Poke: :p

alanm
02-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Since Oakland would probably be a byproduct of this nuke. And Al Davis and the Raiders would be history. Would this be a bad thing? :)

Saulbadguy
02-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Invade Syria (any Middle Eastern country will do) and produce enough propaganda to make people believe there is a San Francisco-Syria connection.

Braincase
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
I would avenge Big Daddy, and adopt an appropriate wardrobe.

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.com.br/filmes/rambo-2/rambo-2-04.jpg

Rausch
02-16-2005, 03:06 PM
What would you do?

Finish off the rest of that $#ithole state and blame it on whoever it was that launched the first one...

ptlyon
02-16-2005, 03:10 PM
I say we bomb Zimbabwe just for the fun of it.

stevieray
02-16-2005, 03:11 PM
get a hummer from a girl that reminds me of my mom.

RINGLEADER
02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Finish off the rest of that $#ithole state and blame it on whoever it was that launched the first one...

One small request: Can you give me a head's up before you begin?

Rausch
02-16-2005, 03:23 PM

Sure... :evil:

Rausch
02-16-2005, 03:23 PM
get a hummer from a girl that reminds me of my mom.

SBK
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
If I were POTUS and it was determined that the act was perpetrated by radical Islamists, I would nuke Mecca and Medina.

Of course, if I were POTUS, I would have already given that warning.

ROFL Good plan. I think I'd make pigs blood bombs and just coat the whole middle east in pigs blood, then nuke those places.

Lefty_the_Right
02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
I wonder if beng a self described right wing christian makes one MORE, or LESS likely to say that they would "nuke" whole populations of people that had nothing to do with their fear, hate, and anger.

You know, like the muslim fundamentalists?

Donger
02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
I wonder if beng a self described right wing christian makes one MORE, or LESS likely to say that they would "nuke" whole populations of people that had nothing to do with their fear, hate, and anger.

You know, like the muslim fundamentalists?

I've no idea. Perhaps you should ask one.

DanT
02-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Which state sponsored Timothy McVeigh? What makes anyone think that state sponsorship is a necessary condition for human action?

Saulbadguy
02-16-2005, 04:29 PM
Which state sponsored Timothy McVeigh? What makes anyone think that state sponsorship is a necessary condition for human action?
:hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2005, 06:40 PM
WTF is everyone gettin' bent out of shape about? It was San Francisco. They, hypothetically, did us a favor.

FTR, I hope all 327 good people who live in San Fran are on vacation somewhere far away from that place when it happens....including BD.

Taco John
02-16-2005, 06:51 PM
I think I would lean heavily on our intelligence network to find out who sponsored the attack, and force them to come up with the answers that I liked.

|Zach|
02-16-2005, 06:59 PM
WTF is everyone gettin' bent out of shape about? It was San Francisco. They, hypothetically, did us a favor.

FTR, I hope all 327 good people who live in San Fran are on vacation somewhere far away from that place when it happens....including BD.
:rolleyes:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-16-2005, 07:50 PM
San Francisco gets nuked.

I say, we quickly drop a couple on Berkeley, Boulder, Portland and Seattle while we can still blame it on the original terrorists.

ROFL

(that's sarcasm for the humor impared, btw)

KCWolfman
02-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Does Hallmark make a greeting card that says thank you to an entire nation?

SBK
02-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Does Hallmark make a greeting card that says thank you to an entire nation?

"On behalf of a grateful nation"

SBK
02-16-2005, 09:17 PM
San Francisco gets nuked.

I say, we quickly drop a couple on Berkeley, Boulder, Portland and Seattle while we can still blame it on the original terrorists.

ROFL

(that's sarcasm for the humor impared, btw)

Oh oh, don't forget Bahstun. ROFL

BIG_DADDY
02-16-2005, 09:31 PM
I would be dead but at least the Planet would finally be rid of Thomas.

trndobrd
02-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't that trigger a massive earthquake along the San Andreas fault causing the entire California coastline to slip into the Pacific?

I would start looking for Lex Luthor.

Michael Michigan
02-16-2005, 11:56 PM

I think Malibu and La Jolla are spared.

;)

Rausch
02-17-2005, 12:38 AM
Oh oh, don't forget Bahstun. ROFL

That's not in Kalifornia.

Don't make me take my rep back...

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 12:51 AM
I think I would lean heavily on our intelligence network to find out who sponsored the attack, and force them to come up with the answers that I liked.

I will consider the source but if Hoover likes Nader he needs to put a gun to his head.

Rausch
02-17-2005, 12:54 AM
I will consider the source but if Hoover likes Nader he needs to put a gun to his head. ROFL

Demonpenz
02-17-2005, 02:02 AM
we first insert reruns of dukes of hazzard in place of queer as folk

StcChief
02-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Thank them. Then bomb, Mecca, Medina.

patteeu
02-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Other than losing Big Daddy and the fact that Nancy Pelosi might be out of town, what's the downside of this attack again? ;)

SBK
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
That's not in Kalifornia.

Don't make me take my rep back...

Not all of the other cities others listed were in Kalifornia either though....:thumb:

patteeu
02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
That's one hell of a hypothetical you've posed RL. I have no idea what I'd do. It underscores the threat that proliferation represents to us. I think those who think we should have waited for Saddam to be an imminent threat or who think that NK and Iran have a sovereign right to develop nuclear capabilities should answer first.

MOhillbilly
02-17-2005, 11:06 AM
in public we rattle sabers and show out teeth.
In private we laugh and think to ourselves *thanks for the favor*

vailpass
02-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Post snipers around the perimiter in case any bath house butt boys try to escape.

whoman69
02-17-2005, 12:48 PM
At that point we would need to reinstate the draft and put as many troops as possible into the mideast. Any nation with ties to terrorism would come under immediate control by the US be it Syria/Iran/Saudi Arabia. To simply bomb back would do nothing to stop the problem and most likely make it worse. Under those circumstances, even the non-radicals would join against us.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Post snipers around the perimiter in case any bath house butt boys try to escape.

Yea we wouldn't want Thomas making it out alive.

vailpass
02-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Yea we wouldn't want Thomas making it out alive.

Thomas would be miles away, gulping man-gravy at his new job as Under-the-Desk Secretary at the Clinton Library.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM
Killing queers is so Germany 1944, don't you think?

I guess like homosexuality, nazi skinheads just can't be stopped.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM
What I can't figure out though, is how do they reproduce?

MOhillbilly
02-17-2005, 02:14 PM
ever run in to any skins from the bay area you might whistle a diffrent tune.

Lefty_the_Right
02-17-2005, 02:18 PM
Why?
Are they hermaphrodites?

MOhillbilly
02-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Why?
Are they hermaphrodites?

ask them.

vailpass
02-18-2005, 11:29 AM
ask them.

God I'd love to see that happen.

Calcountry
02-18-2005, 05:57 PM
I would be dead so that will be response.If I survived the blast, the looting and the rad poisoning would be horrendous.

My response would be to use the back roads all the way to the Sierras with as much dog food and water as I could carry.

BIG_DADDY
02-19-2005, 12:48 AM
God I'd love to see that happen.

Me too.

Rausch
02-19-2005, 01:48 AM
If I survived the blast, the looting and the rad poisoning would be horrendous.

My response would be to use the back roads all the way to the Sierras with as much dog food and water as I could carry.

If your car was made after 84 odds are it won't even start.

If it does, good luck outrunning an EMP...

Rausch
02-19-2005, 01:49 AM
ask them. ROFL