PDA

View Full Version : My sister is being sent to Iraq

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 10:59 AM
She is a special investigator for NCIS and she leaves for Georgia next week to train for what she will be doing over there. Hope she is OK, she is the only sibling I got. Looks like I'll be stepping up the prayin time.

Iowanian
02-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Best of luck to her, and those already there.

MOhillbilly
02-17-2005, 11:17 AM
whats NCIS?

keep your head down girl,good luck.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 11:22 AM
whats NCIS?

keep your head down girl,good luck.

Naval Criminal Investigation Services. She has no idea what she will be doing over there. Something tells me interrogations as she has one hell of a track record for getting information out of people. It's actually caused problems for her as supervisors get pissed when they have been doing this decades and then she just walks in and gets the information they can't. "How did you get them to tell you that" they ask. "First of all I wasn't an asshole" she tells them. LOL

She may still do negotians for SWAT units as well. She had a lot of success in that area as well before she got this job. I didn't ask her if she still does that.

Radar Chief
02-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Since she’s your sister we already know she’s a quality soldier.
Here’s to her safe return home. :toast:

patteeu
02-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Naval Criminal Investigation Services. She has no idea what she will be doing over there. Something tells me interrogations as she has one hell of a track record for getting information out of people. It's actually caused problems for her as supervisors get pissed when they have been doing this decades and then she just walks in and gets the information they can't. "How did you get them to tell you that" they ask. "First of all I wasn't an asshole" she tells them. LOL

She must use the fake menstrual blood trick. ;)

Seriously, good luck to her!

Hydrae
02-17-2005, 11:53 AM
I hope she has a short, safe visit.

I'll be sure to keep her in my prayers. As well as you and the rest of the family, it can be tough on more than just the one going over.

Iowanian
02-17-2005, 12:07 PM
I wonder if they'll tell her to take a miniskirt and some red foodcoloring?

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 12:14 PM
I hope she has a short, safe visit.

I'll be sure to keep her in my prayers. As well as you and the rest of the family, it can be tough on more than just the one going over.

She is not supposed to be there long term but you know how this stuff goes. I appreciate the prayers they are always welcome.

Phobia
02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Cool. I never had any person experience with NCIS during my enlistment, but I saw them around.

I actually watch that NCIS show with Mark Harmon. I kinda like it, too.

Best of luck to your sis, Troy. She'll be fine, I'm sure.

mlyonsd
02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Good luck to your sister BD.

Braincase
02-17-2005, 12:36 PM
<Prayers>

Chief Henry
02-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Send her blessings from Iowa BD. Be sure to tell her
thanks too.

The power of prayer is magnificent.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Send her blessings from Iowa BD. Be sure to tell her
thanks too.

The power of prayer is magnificent.

Thanks CH, she will appreciate the fact that there are people out there who don't even know her who are willing to pray for her.

Loki
02-17-2005, 10:30 PM
best of luck to your sister BD.

Mr. Kotter
02-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Good luck to your sis, Troy. Thank her for her service, on our behalf.

Inspector
02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Hang in there. Her tour will eventually be over and she'll be home.

Our son is back in Ft Riley after spending over a year in Iraq. It was a loooong year, but it did finally get over with.

A prayer for her and your family. Thank her for her service!

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 10:56 PM
You guys ROCK what else can I say? Thanks for all the support.

KCWolfman
02-17-2005, 11:07 PM
BD - You and your sister are in our family prayers.

Thank her for her sacrifice from a bunch of faceless entities who cannot begin to appreciate her enough.

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 11:20 PM
BD - You and your sister are in our family prayers.

Thank her for her sacrifice from a bunch of faceless entities who cannot begin to appreciate her enough.

We are really looking forward to making it to a game this year and meeting your family, thanks for being you.

Taco John
02-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Thoughts and prayers Troy...

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Thoughts and prayers Troy...

Hopefully she will make it back for the family reunion in Newport Beach Oregon this year. I'll let you know when it is if your interested in stopping by. Small group about 12. Food and company is good though.

Taco John
02-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun...

BIG_DADDY
02-17-2005, 11:31 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun...

I'll let you know, nice sig.

Rausch
02-17-2005, 11:33 PM
Tell her good luck for me.

She'll be in our thoughts man...

SBK
02-18-2005, 11:27 AM
Best of luck to her.

My buddy just returned from Mosul last night, we went to the welcome home ceremony at the military base here. It was real neat. Lots of little kids and very happy families.

I'd never been to anything like that, made me want to go up and thank every soldier there personally, but their families are much more important anyway.

Heres to BD's sisters safe return!

Lzen
02-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Our prayers, bud.

WilliamTheIrish
02-18-2005, 12:12 PM
BD, tell you sis I says good luck. Let's all hope it's quick tour.

I'm not much a praying person, but I'll keep her close in my thoughts.

Bwana
02-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Best of luck to her Troy from her friends here in Montana.

BigOlChiefsfan
02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Good luck goes with her.

Calcountry
02-18-2005, 05:38 PM
She is a special investigator for NCIS and she leaves for Georgia next week to train for what she will be doing over there. Hope she is OK, she is the only sibling I got. Looks like I'll be stepping up the prayin time.I think that the character "Special agent Todd" from the show, "NCIS", is based on your sister.

Thoughts and prayers are yours and hers.

Calcountry
02-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Cool. I never had any person experience with NCIS during my enlistment, but I saw them around.

I actually watch that NCIS show with Mark Harmon. I kinda like it, too.

Best of luck to your sis, Troy. She'll be fine, I'm sure.This is no joke. The first time Big D was telling me about his sis, I say, "they got this show on TV, your sis sounds like that chick on the show."

StcChief
02-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Good luck to your sister in Iraq. Hope for a safe return

badgirl
02-21-2005, 06:47 AM

She may still do negotians for SWAT units as well. She had a lot of success in that area as well before she got this job. I didn't ask her if she still does that.
sounds like an interesting job, tell her our prayers are with her and your family, tell her also we are proud and respect and all your family for the sacrafices they are making. I'll pray God to keep her safe for her return home. :thumb: