PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Question

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Ari Chi3fs
02-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Thread summary::

Hi Planet... I just got some stinky on my winkie... and I want to get married. Any advice?

YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

end of thread.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 10:23 AM
What can you expect? Taking maritial advice from Slayer is akin to taking birth control recommendations from the Pope...

I've only said one thing in here that could even be considered marital advice, and that was more of common sense...for those not following along with this entire thread, that was toward the beginning when I told III that he needs to spend a couple months with her and realize that he's probably not gonna want to marry her after that plus some time to think about everything that had happened in that time frame. The other 27 or so posts were just discussion about beliefs and definitions.

Phobia
02-21-2005, 10:26 AM
I've only said one thing in here that could even be considered marital advice, and that was more of common sense...for those not following along with this entire thread, that was toward the beginning when I told III that he needs to spend a couple months with her and realize that he's probably not gonna want to marry her after that plus some time to think about everything that had happened in that time frame. The other 27 or so posts were just discussion about beliefs and definitions.

The point was that you don't know shit. But that doesn't stop you from trying to kid yourself.

When you truly come to the realization that you don't know anything, it will be the greatest moment of enlightenment in your entire life.

J Diddy
02-21-2005, 10:31 AM
The point was that you don't know shit. But that doesn't stop you from trying to kid yourself.

When you truly come to the realization that you don't know anything, it will be the greatest moment of enlightenment in your entire life.

I think that time is around 25 years old for most.

Phobia
02-21-2005, 10:34 AM
I think that time is around 25 years old for most.

I think I was even older than that.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 10:41 AM

Uh, that's the first thing anyone has to know.... In fact, the first philosopher I've quoted on the Planet was Socrates when he stated "All that I know is that I know nothing." And that quote is true for every person since the beginning of time...once you and everyone else who decided to throw out insults to look good admit that, everyone can raise a glass of vodka/whisky/whatever and I'll give the toast--and you know that I'm making a real toast when the first line is "I don't like this anymore than you do, but raise your glasses anyway."

Oh and congratulations goes out to badgirl, lardass, chiefs4me, BrockLanders, and ROY75 for taking the high road.

badgirl
02-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Uh, that's the first thing anyone has to know.... In fact, the first philosopher I've quoted on the Planet was Socrates when he stated "All that I know is that I know nothing." And that quote is true for every person since the beginning of time...once you and everyone else who decided to throw out insults to look good admit that, everyone can raise a glass of vodka/whisky/whatever and I'll give the toast--and you know that I'm making a real toast when the first line is "I don't like this anymore than you do, but raise your glasses anyway."

Oh and congratulations goes out to badgirl, lardass, chiefs4me, BrockLanders, and ROY75 for taking the high road.
The high road i never went anywhere, see, here I am.

ChiTown
02-21-2005, 10:48 AM
I have a 6 year old (who's almost 7) and a 3 year old (who is a month away from turning 4). I'm damn near 40 myself. I got married when I was 27, and was a Father for the first time at 32. All I can tell you is what my experience has been like. I wish I would have waited another 3 years to get married. I still had some playing around to do, and that kind of hurt my marriage early on.

I'm glad we waiting to have children when we did, because may playing days were over, and I was ready (or as mich as one can be) for the responsibility. Point is, everyone is different in what they want and can handle. However, you better be damn sure that you are ready to settle down, especially once you decide to have kids. It's ok to F-up your own life, but you don't want to F-up one of your kids.

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 10:54 AM
everyone can raise a glass of vodka/whisky/whatever and I'll give the toast--and you know that I'm making a real toast when the first line is "I don't like this anymore than you do, but raise your glasses anyway."

I reserve the right to smash my glass into your temple, young Suckrates...

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I reserve the right to smash my glass into your temple, young Suckrates...

Just remember that it is not wise to go after the person who was the first to raise the same thing that you would be trying to use as a weapon.

Cochise
02-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Slayer, "relationships" with your fists, any sort of doll, a member of the clergy, or a hole in a tree or other wooden structure do not qualify you as some kind of relationship expert. In fact, I would wager that I've done 3 times the damage that you'll ever do in your life, and I still acknowledge that I don't know Raiders about women. Just STFU and quit trying to look like some playeristic baller, because you sure as hell aren't going to pull any wool wearing that rubber nose and floppy red shoes.

ROYC75
02-21-2005, 11:00 AM

Damn, High Road ? At least it's nice to know which damn road I'm on now since I haven't had a clue for the last year and a half . :hmmm:

Calcountry
02-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok lets start here.

I need some help with some things i need to know on gettin married, the do's, the dont's, the things you need to know about that.

I see you guys here some are married some arent so the ones that know stuff i need to know let me know about it.

So what are the things i should know about it, cause i dont wanna wait my whole life to get married, i actually wanna be married before i turn 26 which is 6 years from now.

But I wanna get started early in startin a family, so what are the do's and dont's in marriage ???First think you should know about marriage, ist that not capitalizing (I) and writing it as an i all the time, is the same as leaving the toilette seat up.

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Just remember that it is not wise to go after the person who was the first to raise the same thing that you would be trying to use as a weapon.

And you just be cognizant of the fact that I've had more stimulating conversations with a scuffed-up piece of Samsonite luggage...

el borracho
02-21-2005, 11:04 AM
In whatever definition you may have, that may be false; however, I believe that because love is the absolute strongest feeling you can have for another person and because I've experienced such happen, that deserves to be part of my definition. Now does this mean I'm going to go searching? Hell no. With the hand I'm dealt, all I can do is go into meaningless infatuations, and I can accept that...sort of.
Perhaps, like Oedipus, you should tear out your eyes to avoid temptation?

The reality is that attraction is part of being human. Loving someone, or being in love with someone doesn't rob you of that humanity. You still retain that capacity and ability to find attraction in others but it is the choices you make that will define your love as true or not.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Damn, High Road ? At least it's nice to know which damn road I'm on now since I haven't had a clue for the last year and a half . :hmmm:

Well, you're mostly on the high road...ya came pretty close to fly'n off the handle at III, but ya held back enough to stay on the high road. Congrats.

Phobia
02-21-2005, 11:07 AM

Just remember that "Philosopher" doesn't pay as much as it used to. You should probably have a backup plan like "Dishwasher" or "Lawnboy".

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 11:07 AM
Perhaps, like Oedipus, you should tear out your eyes to avoid temptation?

The reality is that attraction is part of being human. Loving someone, or being in love with someone doesn't rob you of that humanity. You still retain that capacity and ability to find attraction in others but it is the choices you make that will define your love as true or not.

Perhaps I'm not human then....

Phobia
02-21-2005, 11:08 AM

It's possible. We've all seen the pictures.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Just remember that "Philosopher" doesn't pay as much as it used to. You should probably have a backup plan like "Dishwasher" or "Lawnboy".

It's not my major, but that doesn't mean I don't study it...my major is law.

Phobia
02-21-2005, 11:11 AM
It's not my major, but that doesn't mean I don't study it...my major is law.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Just what the world needs - another ****ing know-it-all lawyer who doesn't know shit. I'm looking forward to this.

The Bad Guy
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM

It's likely you aren't. What are you 16? And you're telling me that when you marry whatever wildebeast you decide on, that you won't look at other girls and find them attractive?

You have no experience in the area and have NO idea how you will act when you are married.

You've set up your ideals that you won't find another woman attractive when you get married, but there is zero chance you will feel the same way when you find that unfortunate soul.

This is like having the high school girlfriend and you both go off to seperate colleges and vow to stick together, but it doesn't work.

The thought was good, but it all turned out to be bullshit when high school is over. When you find that someone, you will realize that is true.

I love my fiancee, but I can still look at a woman and determine if she is attractive or not. It's called human nature.

el borracho
02-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Perhaps I'm not human then...

Perhaps not...

...my major is law.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Slayer, "relationships" with your fists, any sort of doll, a member of the clergy, or a hole in a tree or other wooden structure do not qualify you as some kind of relationship expert. In fact, I would wager that I've done 3 times the damage that you'll ever do in your life, and I still acknowledge that I don't know Raiders about women. Just STFU and quit trying to look like some playeristic baller, because you sure as hell aren't going to pull any wool wearing that rubber nose and floppy red shoes.

I have never said anything about being a relations expert and do not pose as one...whatever your interpretation is, however, is up to you. Now, I don't know what you've had go on in your life--maybe you have done that much damage, maybe you haven't--but it's not always about the damage that you do. Sure there's learning from your mistakes, but it's how much you learn from each time...not to say that I've learned more or less than anyone else. Also, the discussion isn't over knowing anything about women...aw hell, I'll admit on any day that all I know about them is that they're insane. This discussion was about defining the strongest good feeling that you can have for another person, which I may have had a bit of an advantage to depending on how you look at what's happened, but I'm not gonna get into that. Different story, different day...

BTW...**ADDITION TO THE CHIEFSPLANET BOOK OF ACRONYMS: "different story, different day" is to be known as DSDD**...if someone hasn't put it there already, that is.

badgirl
02-21-2005, 11:27 AM
It's likely you aren't. What are you 16? And you're telling me that when you marry whatever wildebeast you decide on, that you won't look at other girls and find them attractive?

You have no experience in the area and have NO idea how you will act when you are married.

You've set up your ideals that you won't find another woman attractive when you get married, but there is zero chance you will feel the same way when you find that unfortunate soul.

This is like having the high school girlfriend and you both go off to seperate colleges and vow to stick together, but it doesn't work.

The thought was good, but it all turned out to be bullshit when high school is over. When you find that someone, you will realize that is true.

I love my fiancee, but I can still look at a woman and determine if she is attractive or not. It's called human nature.
I agree with all the above, when people get married, they love the one they are with no matter what, and its only human to find other people attractive as well, if your only in it for looks.....lets say your spouse had cancer on their face and it really messed their looks up, where does that leave your relationship? Its not all about looks when it comes to true love, you love that person no matter what, just cause you find other people attractive doesn't mean your gonna jump in bed with them and risk losing that special person you have at home.

Thig Lyfe
02-21-2005, 11:30 AM
ChiefsPlanet is the best place to go for marriage advice.

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 11:30 AM
I have never said anything about being a relations expert and do not pose as one...

ROFL

Neg rep for the deliberate canard...

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:02 PM

17, but that's beside the point. No, I will probably not have that relationship if I get married because of a couple things that have happened. Basically, it all boiled down to the fact that I have to go "find someone else", which means closing my eyes and acting.

In reality, I'm probably not going to get married in the first place. Now if that person everyone calls "God" decides to bring some awesome miracle that causes me to marry the one girl I have that strongest feeling for, then it's a "no experience necessary" kinda deal.

I'll say it twice in the same post. I'm probably not going to get married, and if I do, it's most likely not going to be what I've already called the right marriage.

Not really...if a guy and a girl go to separate colleges like that in the first place, then it's pretty much a dead giveaway that they're not gonna be back together. The thought isn't good because it is a thought that would keep an infatuation together...best for both to just end the relationship then and there, IMO.

By your definition, okay. By my definition, however, that wouldn't hold water in the least bit, but don't think for one second that what I believe should be any kind of threat to what you believe. Now about this "human nature"...the majority of people create a sphere of influence over time. Look at "Allegory of the Cave" as an example. People are forced to look at false images since birth and because they know nothing else, they have to believe that is reality. They may break away from the cave wall with the shadows and move toward the fire to see the puppets creating the shadow, but all they have found out is that what they knew was a lie...they still don't know the truth. A person would have to be carried out of the cave kicking and screaming and forced to see what reality is. So that is pretty much why we believe it is "human nature"...whether you agree with that or not, that's for you to decide.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:07 PM
Oh god.

The "unrequited love" of a teenager.

:rolleyes:

Now I know where this "font of knowledge" springs from.

RedNFeisty
02-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Just don't do it! :thumb:

Phobia
02-21-2005, 12:10 PM
Have I mentioned that I hate teacher in service days and school holidays?

Cochise
02-21-2005, 12:11 PM
Oh god.

The "unrequited love" of a teenager.

Now I know where this "font of knowledge" springs from.

This is what happens when your knowledge of relationships comes exclusively from Dawson's Creek reruns

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:16 PM
This is what happens when your knowledge of relationships comes exclusively from Dawson's Creek reruns

I have always hated Dawson's Creek and every one of those infatuatious bastards. The fans of that show should be cast out of society.

ChiTown
02-21-2005, 12:25 PM

OMG!

ROFL

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
I came on to this thread thinking about how people would be laughing at roy, even though we shouldn't, because we've all been there.... and really, the only thing we can do is offer advice, even though we know he wouldn't take it.... because we didn't.

8 pages into this though, I was happy to find the advice of Suave Diablo..... it's one thing to be naive and to tell people "I'm really in love" or whatever, but it's just wrong to come off like you're an expert because you think adults are full of it when they say teenagers don't have enough real-life experience. You don't. Don't pretend you do.

EXCEPT every week for that 10 years, the relationship will deteriorate as much as it did in those couple of months; and then get back to us at the end of that couple months...you won't even want to hear the word "marriage".

Is this like the half-life law of marriage? WTF? Is this one of your "facts"?

1) you're not attracted to anyone but the person you're in love with--that covers both mentally and physically. 2) you would go through an eternity of torment just to see the person you love for a split-second. 3) you would do absolutely anything for that person without asking or wanting anything in return--a.k.a. "love has no conditions". 4) you would go through the worst pain imaginable for a trillion years just to know for one second that the one you love is okay. /// There's still a lot that I'm leaving out, but those are the four that I can state without creating an essay.

You were doing okay until this total BS.... for the most part, people appreciate the beauty of the human body. From a young age, to death. Period. It's not just asking too much, it's impossible to take away the basic attraction between you and someone else, much less all but one person. The temptation might go away, but not attraction.

Two and four are high school feelings. The idea that you're trying to be an adult about a topic you hardly know anything about vanishes with these ideas.

Do not even attempt to battle me on this. I know for a fact that the first law is both possible and probable even with humans.

Please elaborate.

8, and enough.
after 9 girls to see who had been there for over a decade

Please elaborate.... Have you held hands with that many girls? Have you caught eyes in the hallway with that many girls? I sure as hell know you haven't dated that many girls, much less have been in a relationship with them. Don't give me that "you don't even know me anymore" crap, either. I know unless you think a relationship can totally take place in a high school, you haven't been in 1.

I have never said anything about being a relations expert and do not pose as one...

YES YOU HAVE!!! "This is a fact", "that's a fact", 79.8% it'll fail, while 43.84% of the stats I type are made up... You TOTALLY come off like you think you're Dr. Phil.

..which I may have had a bit of an advantage to depending on how you look at what's happened, but I'm not gonna get into that. Different story, different day...

Elaborate please. Or do I have to wait until tomorrow? ROFL

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 12:32 PM
17, but that's beside the point. No, I will probably not have that relationship if I get married because of a couple things that have happened. Basically, it all boiled down to the fact that I have to go "find someone else", which means closing my eyes and acting.

From that last post, I gather you think there's only one person for everyone. Don't think that way, because from what it sounds like, you've already screwed yourself.
however, that wouldn't hold water in the least bit, but don't think for one second that what I believe should be any kind of threat to what you believe.

I don't think he will ROFL

Now about this "human nature"...the majority of people create a sphere of influence over time. Look at "Allegory of the Cave" as an example. People are forced to look at false images since birth and because they know nothing else, they have to believe that is reality. They may break away from the cave wall with the shadows and move toward the fire to see the puppets creating the shadow, but all they have found out is that what they knew was a lie...they still don't know the truth. A person would have to be carried out of the cave kicking and screaming and forced to see what reality is. So that is pretty much why we believe it is "human nature"...whether you agree with that or not, that's for you to decide

Huh? What's any of that have to do with finding the opposite sex attractive? They might be fake boobs, but they aren't a false image.

Cochise
02-21-2005, 12:34 PM
From that last post, I gather you think there's only one person for everyone. Don't think that way, because from what it sounds like, you've already screwed yourself.

bahahah!!

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 12:36 PM
Have I mentioned that I hate teacher in service days and school holidays?

Heh... I find it interesting to see others go through the same high school stuff, like royIII, but somewhat disturbing when I see someone that thinks they have it all figured out at 17.

Glad lunch is over.

Cochise
02-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Heh... I find it interesting to see others go through the same high school stuff, like royIII, but somewhat disturbing when I see someone that thinks they have it all figured out at 17.

Glad lunch is over.

I have much more respect for royIII. He came here wanting to ask questions about something he realized he knew nothing about. He recognized that he was ignorant on the subject. On the other hand, spankmaster flash here doesn't even realize that.

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Just don't do it! :thumb:
Damn it Roy Red make 2 females on here who tell you not to do it!!

Your too young, I'm not against marriage, just wait till your a lot older, live and have fun you only get one life, enjoy it :thumb:

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Damn it Roy Red make 2 females on here who tell you not to do it!!

Your too young, I'm not against marriage, just wait till your a lot older, live and have fun you only get one life, enjoy it :thumb:
I'm sure if Roy had 2 females on here do more than talk to him he'd be willing to wait! How far are you willing to go to help the spud?
;)

(just kidding!)

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm sure if Roy had 2 females on here do more than talk to him he'd be willing to wait! How far are you willing to go to help the spud?
;)

(just kidding!)
Red what are ya up for to save this boys future? ROFL

Phobia
02-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Please elaborate.... Have you held hands with that many girls? Have you caught eyes in the hallway with that many girls? I sure as hell know you haven't dated that many girls, much less have been in a relationship with them. Don't give me that "you don't even know me anymore" crap, either. I know unless you think a relationship can totally take place in a high school, you haven't been in 1.

8 relationships includes the lady from the vet, "Young man, please tell your mother Fido is ready to be picked up" - a lady from the phone company, "Are you SURE you don't want to switch to MCI?" - and a couple of female teachers from school.... oh - and your mother too.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:46 PM

:eek:

Ummm, I umm, could use some ummm, help too.

ROFL

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:51 PM

Ummm, I umm, could use some ummm, help too.

ROFL
Ok everyone interested just sign up below. :rolleyes:

Looks like you guys need a lot of help, thank God I can count on Red to help me out. ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:52 PM
Huh? What's any of that have to do with finding the opposite sex attractive? They might be fake boobs, but they aren't a false image.

I'll start with this one cause it's gonna take the least amount of time...

"One person for everyone" means that there is only one person that you will have the strongest feeling for...if you've met that person, you have to learn how to close your eyes again (I'm speaking metaphorically, so don't be an asshole and say that you can do that when you blink and sleep)...you don't have to be with that person, just close your eyes so you're blindly attracted to others just like everyone else in the world. You're not truely gonna be happy, but who cares.

I was showing how society has painted an image of what human nature is. For instance, there's a majority that says one thing is a brilliant conclusion and they teach it as fact to all future generations...the vast majority of people are going to believe it because it's all they've ever known, then there are going to be the few that start to question it and say that what was complete BS. A good example, although by far not the best, is religion.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Can I get some advice on polygamy? I'm interested.

Dartgod
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
...just close your eyes so you're blindly attracted to others just like everyone else in the world. You're not truely gonna be happy, but who cares.
You should cut your losses and say, "Yep, I'm just a dumbshit who really has no life experiences to validate the crap I've been spewing", instead of providing more ammo for the masses.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:19 PM
I came on to this thread thinking about how people would be laughing at roy, even though we shouldn't, because we've all been there.... and really, the only thing we can do is offer advice, even though we know he wouldn't take it.... because we didn't.

8 pages into this though, I was happy to find the advice of Suave Diablo..... it's one thing to be naive and to tell people "I'm really in love" or whatever, but it's just wrong to come off like you're an expert because you think adults are full of it when they say teenagers don't have enough real-life experience. You don't. Don't pretend you do.

I hate how you do this time-consuming "group all the questions into one post" stuff...but I guess it's easier for everyone to stay consistant.

Is this like the half-life law of marriage? WTF? Is this one of your "facts"?

More of a half-life law of infatuation, but even calling it that would be going a bit too far. It's just to give an idea of what's probable.

You were doing okay until this total BS.... for the most part, people appreciate the beauty of the human body. From a young age, to death. Period. It's not just asking too much, it's impossible to take away the basic attraction between you and someone else, much less all but one person. The temptation might go away, but not attraction.

What basis do you have for claiming that it's impossible? All you know is what you have from your experiences. Now, I'll admit that it's rare to find such a thing to happen, but it's not impossible.

Two and four are high school feelings. The idea that you're trying to be an adult about a topic you hardly know anything about vanishes with these ideas.

The highschool feeling part is SAYING that you'll do it and then wimp out when push comes to shove. It's part of the "law" when you actually do it.

Please elaborate.

How else would anyone know that something is both possible and probable?

You know that this statement of yours shouldn't even be dignified with a response.... 9 short flings, and 1 that was known although not a relationship.

YES YOU HAVE!!! "This is a fact", "that's a fact", 79.8% it'll fail, while 43.84% of the stats I type are made up... You TOTALLY come off like you think you're Dr. Phil.

Pointing out some facts does not make anyone an expert. I can point out that one plus one equals two, the diaganols of a rectangle are equal to one another, and sine equals csc(90degrees - Pi), but that doesn't make me a math expert. As I stated about the statistics, those were rough estimates that I provided to give an idea of how probable it was.

Elaborate please. Or do I have to wait until tomorrow? ROFL

You--specifically--are going to wait four years to hear the story. You don't seem to take information from people very well unless they're completely adults...if you'd like to try to disprove that, go ahead.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:21 PM
You should cut your losses and say, "Yep, I'm just a dumbshit who really has no life experiences to validate the crap I've been spewing", instead of providing more ammo for the masses.

If the statement you wish me to say were true, this thread would be about 4 pages shorter.

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 01:22 PM
"One person for everyone" means that there is only one person that you will have the strongest feeling for...if you've met that person, you have to learn how to close your eyes again (I'm speaking metaphorically, so don't be an asshole and say that you can do that when you blink and sleep)...you don't have to be with that person, just close your eyes so you're blindly attracted to others just like everyone else in the world. You're not truely gonna be happy, but who cares.

With 6 billion people on earth, and growing, love is not 1:1. If you do believe that, it's hard to imagine someone actually finding that one, and harder to imagine that someone would actually find that one before the age of 20 and know they're the one. AND, it's even harder to believe that it always works both ways; that the feeling is mutual (spelled out, Slayer's one is Janet and Janet's one is Slayer and not someone else).

And on top of that, you can't sit behind your computer monitor and deem every relationship that isn't the one:the one as not being truly happy. [insert happiness cliche here]

I was showing how society has painted an image of what human nature is. For instance, there's a majority that says one thing is a brilliant conclusion and they teach it as fact to all future generations...the vast majority of people are going to believe it because it's all they've ever known, then there are going to be the few that start to question it and say that what was complete BS. A good example, although by far not the best, is religion.

Uh, finding someone attractive is opinion... While society does show you what it deems attractive, everyone has a different opinion of what's really attractive. I don't find certain people attractive because people have been telling me since birth that I should find them attractive. Even if society hadn't helped mold what I find attractive or not, it still doesn't mean I can shut it off just because I found "the one".

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:24 PM

It's legal in Saudi Arabia, but you'll still need to get rich enough to buy the wives...

lardass
02-21-2005, 01:34 PM

One woman is hard enough to please, why would you want two and better yet, why would you think you can handle two or more women?

|Zach|
02-21-2005, 01:42 PM
ROFL ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:42 PM
With 6 billion people on earth, and growing, love is not 1:1. If you do believe that, it's hard to imagine someone actually finding that one, and harder to imagine that someone would actually find that one before the age of 20 and know they're the one. AND, it's even harder to believe that it always works both ways; that the feeling is mutual (spelled out, Slayer's one is Janet and Janet's one is Slayer and not someone else).

Yes, it's hard to imagine, but that doesn't matter. Just because one's mind cannot handle the concept of trillions upon trillions of stars, planets, etc. in an infinitely growing void doesn't mean that such does not exist. And just because one cannot handle the concept of 6 billion people having the mutual connection only between the two of them doesn't mean that such connection does not exist. Of course it's going to be rare for two people who are connected to find each other and it's a good reason to not even bother searching, but it does exist. Of course, if it feels better to just not find that connection, then by all means go ahead and keep the blind attractions for others. Such attractions can make people happy, but it's not going to be true happiness.

And on top of that, you can't sit behind your computer monitor and deem every relationship that isn't the one:the one as not being truly happy. [insert happiness cliche here]

Damn, I answered this one up there....oh well.

Uh, finding someone attractive is opinion... While society does show you what it deems attractive, everyone has a different opinion of what's really attractive. I don't find certain people attractive because people have been telling me since birth that I should find them attractive. Even if society hadn't helped mold what I find attractive or not, it still doesn't mean I can shut it off just because I found "the one".

It's a mindsets established by others that say "you should find the person who makes you truly happy" and "this is what that person should be like:..." that create the idea of "I should be attracted to this person, and that person, and that person...." As for shutting it off, you're not the one to shut it off...it's like those computers that shut down when a specific something is sensed.

bogie
02-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Chico, I am very impressed with your ability to spread bullsh*t. You stick to your guns. If in a few years If I ever need to hire an attorney I'd contact you. You are so obviously inmature, but you are consistant. Please allow yourself some room for improvement. Most successful people in life surround themselves with people that are better than and more intelligent than themselves.
III, enjoy your relationship for what it is. Don't mess it up with marriage. Let the relationship flow and you go with the flow. Don't push it.
Both of you need to go to your rooms and don't come out until you understand that you're to young to be having these grown up conversations.

lardass
02-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah... I think I am going to like it here. :D

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 02:29 PM

This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friend. Wait until we get you properly introduced to SDChiefsfan.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 02:30 PM
One woman is hard enough to please, why would you want two and better yet, why would you think you can handle two or more women?

I am the chosen one.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 02:45 PM

You'll enjoy it...just remember to not take any insults seriously. Once you're completely ready, there will be a day where we all get together and roast the hell outta ya...those are some good threads--possibly as entertaining as this one was to a lot of people.

Phobia
02-21-2005, 02:52 PM
You'll enjoy it...just remember to not take any insults seriously.

That rule is valid for everybody except you. We really do want you to leave and come back when you have a clue.

lardass
02-21-2005, 02:52 PM
I can handle it, sarcasm is what I am all about. ;)

|Zach|
02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
I can handle it, sarcasm is what I am all about. ;)
Well thats nice...but he was referring to insults...

Sarcasm and insults don't always go hand in hand here. ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Chico, I am very impressed with your ability to spread bullsh*t. You stick to your guns. If in a few years If I ever need to hire an attorney I'd contact you. You are so obviously inmature, but you are consistant. Please allow yourself some room for improvement. Most successful people in life surround themselves with people that are better than and more intelligent than themselves.

It's not bullsh*t, but thanks anyway...kind of.

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 03:10 PM
What basis do you have for claiming that it's impossible? All you know is what you have from your experiences. Now, I'll admit that it's rare to find such a thing to happen, but it's not impossible.

You might as well be arguing that there is an Easter bunny, because no, I don't have proof that there's no Easter bunny, but that doesn't make your claim that there is one anything less than complete BS.

I go to Capital Grille. I'm not going to wake up the next morning and have no desire to ever eat a steak at the Outback or anywhere else. (don't argue that I'm not truly in love with the steak, because that's not the point... and I am! ROFL ). It's the same thing. Preferences change, but a switch isn't thrown one day and you say "I only have eyes for you". Anyone that has ever said that is full of it. You can't be attracted to one person, yet find those same set of qualities unattractive in someone else.

The highschool feeling part is SAYING that you'll do it and then wimp out when push comes to shove. It's part of the "law" when you actually do it.

No, it's a high school feeling to even think it. Through thick or thin, sickness and health... sure. Eternity of pain for a split second of company? That's either high school or a really bad monster ballad.

How else would anyone know that something is both possible and probable?

Well, elaborate on it... what, in your life -- experience or link or whatever -- has shown you that both are possible & probable?

You know that this statement of yours shouldn't even be dignified with a response.... 9 short flings, and 1 that was known although not a relationship.

Sure it does..... Before people take love advice from anyone, they like to know where that advice is coming from.

Pointing out some facts does not make anyone an expert. I can point out that one plus one equals two, the diaganols of a rectangle are equal to one another, and sine equals csc(90degrees - Pi), but that doesn't make me a math expert. As I stated about the statistics, those were rough estimates that I provided to give an idea of how probable it was.

This is weak and you know it. Pointing out a mathematical fact is FAR different from stating a fact on love. When someone says something is a fact about a subject as ...what's the word... a subject like love, you're implying you either know an awful lot about love or have had quite a bit of experience in love.

You--specifically--are going to wait four years to hear the story. You don't seem to take information from people very well unless they're completely adults...if you'd like to try to disprove that, go ahead

Sure -- Psicosis. For a long time I thought he was as old or older than me, because (sometimes) he can act like it. Knowing that he's your age hasn't changed anything, because he can still (sometimes) act older than he is. It's not age. It's you ;)

Phobia
02-21-2005, 03:12 PM
It's not bullsh*t, but thanks anyway...kind of.

I can't wait until you turn 18 because we're gonna give you the best blanket party in the history of mankind. Bearcat is gonna let us in, too.

Rausch
02-21-2005, 03:19 PM
I can't wait until you turn 18 because we're gonna give you the best blanket party in the history of mankind. Bearcat is gonna let us in, too.

I think it'd be much more fun to get him sideways-drunk and hook him up with an insanely large young lady.

Knowing full well half the ****ers on this BB have digital cameras...

unlurking
02-21-2005, 03:23 PM
I think it'd be much more fun to get him sideways-drunk and hook him up with an insanely large young lady.

Knowing full well half the ****ers on this BB have digital cameras...
Actually, why don't we just give him to DenverChief? Maybe there is one real lover PER SEX in the world for everyone?!

:D

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Of course it's going to be rare for two people who are connected to find each other and it's a good reason to not even bother searching, but it does exist. Of course, if it feels better to just not find that connection, then by all means go ahead and keep the blind attractions for others. Such attractions can make people happy, but it's not going to be true happiness.

Don't give me that "just because it's hard to imagine"... I invented that. How do you know such a thing exists? I don't want to hear "how do you not?"... How do you know that that's how love works?

And do you know how condescending "if it feels better to just not find that connection, ..." sounds? [more sarcasm]Well, I'm glad at 17 years old YOU, of all people, have found what love is all about.[/sarcasm] Everyone on Chiefsplanet that has a SO should be lining up to punch you in the face right now for coming off like you're the wise one that knows they aren't truly happy.

You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.

It's a mindsets established by others that say "you should find the person who makes you truly happy" and "this is what that person should be like:..." that create the idea of "I should be attracted to this person, and that person, and that person...." As for shutting it off, you're not the one to shut it off...it's like those computers that shut down when a specific something is sensed.

No, it's not. If the mindset of who we should be happy with was created by society, everyone would be heterosexual.

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Actually, why don't we just give him to DenverChief? Maybe there is one real lover PER SEX in the world for everyone?!

:DROFLROFL

Rausch
02-21-2005, 03:29 PM

You're completely ignoring the point here, which is us being entertained by his humiliation.

I don't want digital pics of DC's "oh face."

unlurking
02-21-2005, 03:30 PM
You're completely ignoring the point here, which is us being entertained by his humiliation.

I don't want digital pics of DC's "oh face."

ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 03:41 PM
You might as well be arguing that there is an Easter bunny, because no, I don't have proof that there's no Easter bunny, but that doesn't make your claim that there is one anything less than complete BS.

I go to Capital Grille. I'm not going to wake up the next morning and have no desire to ever eat a steak at the Outback or anywhere else. (don't argue that I'm not truly in love with the steak, because that's not the point... and I am! ROFL ). It's the same thing. Preferences change, but a switch isn't thrown one day and you say "I only have eyes for you". Anyone that has ever said that is full of it. You can't be attracted to one person, yet find those same set of qualities unattractive in someone else.

You completely missed the point. We are talking possibility, not probability. I've already told you that it is rare, bro. When something is rare, you're probably not going to just run into it although it is still possible. For instance, someone has a 1/100,000,000 chance of winning the lottery...they're probably not going to win, but it is still possible. And by the way, I'm just accepting your analogy for the sake of agrument...truly, it doesn't work because you cannot love an object.

No, it's a high school feeling to even think it. Through thick or thin, sickness and health... sure. Eternity of pain for a split second of company? That's either high school or a really bad monster ballad.

It's just a more extreme way of saying that you'll stick with the person no matter what...same basic idea as the vows, just a little more condensed and extreme.

Sure it does..... Before people take love advice from anyone, they like to know where that advice is coming from.

This discussion had absolutely no advice in it other than the concept of "don't base your own decisions off of my definition"...it was separate from what I had been telling III.

This is weak and you know it. Pointing out a mathematical fact is FAR different from stating a fact on love. When someone says something is a fact about a subject as ...what's the word... a subject like love, you're implying you either know an awful lot about love or have had quite a bit of experience in love.

The point is that you can know a lot about a subject and not be an expert. There's nothing more for me to say on this except that I reference you to what you were quoting.

Sure -- Psicosis. For a long time I thought he was as old or older than me, because (sometimes) he can act like it. Knowing that he's your age hasn't changed anything, because he can still (sometimes) act older than he is. It's not age. It's you ;)

But his age had to be assumed by you so that you could accept it, and then you found out that he was about my age. Besides, we all have times when we act older/younger than we really are...our brother was even in shock one time because of something I said and he basically said, "Slayer, that was a lucid, intelligent observation, and you both acted and sounded like you were 30 when you said it." So please, I'm still waiting for an example that disproves my statement.

Pezman
02-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...

I dont think this thread was good idea.

ROFL This thread rules...

RedNFeisty
02-21-2005, 03:50 PM

Don't look at me! :shake: ROFL

RedNFeisty
02-21-2005, 03:52 PM
Ok everyone interested just sign up below. :rolleyes:

Looks like you guys need a lot of help, thank God I can count on Red to help me out. ROFL

Hey, hey, hey now! Speak for yourself sweetheart!!

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
The point is that you can know a lot about a subject and not be an expert. There's nothing more for me to say on this except that I reference you to what you were quoting.

It's the "you can know a lot about a subject" that you keep dodging.

From what I've read, you had these "flings", and in the end you came to a sitcom-like conclusion that the one for me was under my nose the entire time. You've taken this one measley high school experience and have created an ideology for mankind on love, that has no resemblance to what actually happens.

You really are too young to be a bitter old man, so quit it.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 04:10 PM
Don't give me that "just because it's hard to imagine"... I invented that. How do you know such a thing exists? I don't want to hear "how do you not?"... How do you know that that's how love works?

Keep in mind that you're the one who couldn't belive my universe theory just because it was "impossible" to have an infinite number of the universes...which, by the way, I later found out had been discussed by a philosopher and a movie had been made on the concept. Interesting. Anyway, there's only one way anyone knows that something exists, and I shouldn't have to tell you what that is.

And do you know how condescending "if it feels better to just not find that connection, ..." sounds? [more sarcasm]Well, I'm glad at 17 years old YOU, of all people, have found what love is all about.[/sarcasm] Everyone on Chiefsplanet that has a SO should be lining up to punch you in the face right now for coming off like you're the wise one that knows they aren't truly happy.

You don't know shit, so stop acting like you do.

It's mostly a concept of perception for that quote...if you have known the connection and know what it feels like, then you can compare the two and there's absolutely no condescention; however, if you want to be all like "Now I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection to be able to compare", then I could understand your point. Furthermore, I never state that I know what it is all about...which is why I stated the in the first mention of my defintion that I was leaving a lot out, and later quoted Socrates to Phobia by saying "All that I know is that I know nothing."

No, it's not. If the mindset of who we should be happy with was created by society, everyone would be heterosexual.

Not necessarily...for instance, a boy could be heavily influenced in the womb and directly after birth by women who constantly have shallow conversations about their desires for men. Not to say that is how it happens, of course. Besides, keep in mind that I said there are people who break away from what society says to question the way things work...not everyone is going to go toward the same conclusion once they break away. For instance, there's a society where the vast majority is moderate...a small group of people break away to become liberal and ask liberal questions while another small group breaks away to become conservative and ask conservative questions.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 04:15 PM
It's the "you can know a lot about a subject" that you keep dodging.

From what I've read, you had these "flings", and in the end you came to a sitcom-like conclusion that the one for me was under my nose the entire time. You've taken this one measley high school experience and have created an ideology for mankind on love, that has no resemblance to what actually happens.

You really are too young to be a bitter old man, so quit it.

Ugh...once again (I think I've said this before, anyway), it's not a common experience...not to mention being formed by many experiences. E pluribus Unum--From many, One.

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Keep in mind that you're the one who couldn't belive my universe theory just because it was "impossible" to have an infinite number of the universes...which, by the way, I later found out had been discussed by a philosopher and a movie had been made on the concept. Interesting. Anyway, there's only one way anyone knows that something exists, and I shouldn't have to tell you what that is.

It was much more about not needing to believe it. It might be cool to wonder "what if it happens like this", but something so that's so complicated, yet has no basis whatsoever, doesn't need to be proven to or not to exist.

It's mostly a concept of perception for that quote...if you have known the connection and know what it feels like, then you can compare the two and there's absolutely no condescention; however, if you want to be all like "Now I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection to be able to compare", then I could understand your point. Furthermore, I never state that I know what it is all about...which is why I stated the in the first mention of my defintion that I was leaving a lot out, and later quoted Socrates to Phobia by saying "All that I know is that I know nothing."

It's not about "I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection..." ... it's about taking someone else's relationship and telling them that they aren't truly happy because YOU know what it's like to be truly happy (and being 17 has something to do with that, like it or not). And by saying "by all means, blindly be attracted by someone else", you're basically telling the vast majority of people that they aren't truly happy.

Not necessarily...for instance, a boy could be heavily influenced in the womb and directly after birth by women who constantly have shallow conversations about their desires for men. Not to say that is how it happens, of course. Besides, keep in mind that I said there are people who break away from what society says to question the way things work...not everyone is going to go toward the same conclusion once they break away. For instance, there's a society where the vast majority is moderate...a small group of people break away to become liberal and ask liberal questions while another small group breaks away to become conservative and ask conservative questions.

You're seriously complicating something that isn't that hard to understand.

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 04:31 PM
I dont think this thread was good idea.

Ya think? Damn, and I'm only on the 40th post. :shake:

Bearcat
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
it's not a common experience.

Which makes it even more confusing on how you came up with the 1:1 theory.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 04:45 PM
It's not about "I feel like sh*t because I haven't found that connection..." ... it's about taking someone else's relationship and telling them that they aren't truly happy because YOU know what it's like to be truly happy (and being 17 has something to do with that, like it or not). And by saying "by all means, blindly be attracted by someone else", you're basically telling the vast majority of people that they aren't truly happy.

I would be saying that by my definition, which I've said--this makes, what, 15 times?--should not be taken as a meaning for defining how anyone else feels. I'm sure that everyone has their own completely different definition that says they are truly happy or pretty close to being so. Besides, thousands of people throughout history have stood up and said: "Look, everyone, you're all wrong." I'm not being that harsh on everyone, just--once again--offering my own definition.

You're seriously complicating something that isn't that hard to understand.

If it's not that hard to understand, then why must you make me make it seem like it?

unlurking
02-21-2005, 05:13 PM
I would be saying that by my definition, which I've said--this makes, what, 15 times?--should not be taken as a meaning for defining how anyone else feels. I'm sure that everyone has their own completely different definition that says they are truly happy or pretty close to being so. Besides, thousands of people throughout history have stood up and said: "Look, everyone, you're all wrong." I'm not being that harsh on everyone, just--once again--offering my own definition.

If it's not that hard to understand, then why must you make me make it seem like it?
Dumbass.

When your "definition" insults people by telling them you don't think they are in love, are not truly happy, and are in a "foolish relationship", you certainly are acting like a self-righteous, judgemental prick.

If you can't get that for the "umpteenth" time, there really is something wrong with you.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Dumbass.

When your "definition" insults people by telling them you don't think they are in love, are not truly happy, and are in a "foolish relationship", you certainly are acting like a self-righteous, judgemental prick.

If you can't get that for the "umpteenth" time, there really is something wrong with you.

That's only if you try to press it on people and tell them that they're completely horrible people because of it. It's like with religion. Most religions will tell you that it is wrong to believe a certain way, but you should respect the people who do believe those ways. People who go into those religions only become pricks if they ignore the second part by going around and saying that everyone who doesn't believe their way is a sinner and going to hell.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 05:22 PM

OK Rev.Falwell

DTLB58
02-21-2005, 05:34 PM
Marriage counselors tell us, if you have not agreed on 4 major areas prior to marriage and how they are to work in every area you are not in agreement on increases your chance for divorce.

1. Money- Ask ANY married couple and this is usually the #1 thing they fight about.
2.Religion
3.In-Laws
4.Kids- Whether to have them and how to raise them.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 05:55 PM
what u doin saying all this on the net?

lardass
02-21-2005, 05:58 PM
The shite, it doth hit the fan.

go bowe
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
The shite, it doth hit the fan.ok, has anybody asked you who you really are yet?

you kn0w too much about the players for somebody who only recently joined the planet...

where's sybil when you really need him?

outing on aisle five...

outing on aisle five...

lardass
02-21-2005, 06:06 PM
I joined back in October 04, I have been reading the boards for a while. Relax.

Cochise
02-21-2005, 06:07 PM
ok, has anybody asked you who you really are yet?

you kn0w too much about the players for somebody who only recently joined the planet...

where's sybil when you really need him?

outing on aisle five...

outing on aisle five...

the "longtime lurker" excuse in 3..2...1....

***edit - err, too late.

lardass
02-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Fine, run my IP...

It's always cool to go on a board and be accused of things before anyone even knows who you are.

Way to be hospitable.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:08 PM
the "longtime lurker" excuse in 3..2...1....

***edit - err, too late.
late

lol

Edited befor I could hit post.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Fine, run my IP...

It's always cool to go on a board and be accused of things before anyone even knows who you are.

Way to be hospitable.
With the number of accounts averaging what, 5 per user, this is normal practice. Don't be offended if you are a new poster, it just seems that most new accounts are created by other users.

Cochise
02-21-2005, 06:11 PM
late

lol

Edited before I could hit post.

hah, ok, well the next logical step is, which of the usual suspects for a new user id is this one?

Count Alex's Losses
Someone alert Roy....

lardass
I havent even given anyone reason to think I'm an asshole, geez wait until later down the road. :)

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:13 PM
hah, ok, well the next logical step is, which of the usual suspects for a new user id is this one?
Well, it may be the name, but he reminded me of LazarASS. Although the name may have been generated by someone who dislikes Laz.

hmmmm

lardass
02-21-2005, 06:14 PM
Normally I wouldnt admit to knowing him, but GC invited me here months ago... ;)

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Normally I wouldnt admit to knowing him, but GC invited me here months ago... ;)

Indeed I did....

Lardass and I are old acquaintances....I can vouch for his legitimacy.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:16 PM
Oh christ.

There goes the neighborhood!

lardass
02-21-2005, 06:17 PM
I think you will find we are quite different.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah, lardass is pretty much the yin to my yang.

tenn_steph
roy why u tellin evryone our bisnes?

unlurking
I think you will find we are quite different.
Don't matter to me.

GC never really bothered me. Slayer however has been the only person I've considered putting on ignore. Then again, I'd miss him making such a fool of himself all the time.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM

Shaddup ho.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
ROFL

R ya pregnit yet?!

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 06:21 PM
huh?

tk13
Uh oh, she's here. Turn 'em out boys, party's over. :)

http://www.igoli.gov.za/images/light-switch.jpg

unlurking
Yeah, lardass is pretty much the yin to my yang.
Please, keep it in your bedroom and don't bring it out here!

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Im not pregg, Roy sez he can work a condom

lardass
02-21-2005, 06:24 PM
Don't matter to me.

GC never really bothered me. Slayer however has been the only person I've considered putting on ignore. Then again, I'd miss him making such a fool of himself all the time.

Hmmm every site I have ever posted at that GC was on, he pretty much pissed off 85% of the population on the board. The other 15% rarely had any dealings with him. ;)

Cochise
02-21-2005, 06:24 PM
ROFL

R ya pregnit yet?!

suddup you, it's lurve.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Hmmm every site I have ever posted at that GC was on, he pretty much pissed off 85% of the population on the board. The other 15% rarely had any dealings with him. ;)

Probably 50-50 here. Used to be much worse.

tk13
02-21-2005, 06:26 PM
I don't know, I think this chick is actually Iowanian. I can't tell the difference to be honest.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 06:27 PM
I dont know what a Iwoanian is, I wanna know why Roy is telling private stuff

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 06:28 PM
I don't know, I think this chick is actually Iowanian. I can't tell the difference to be honest.

Damn - I was thinking the same thing!

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:28 PM
suddup you, it's lurve.
lol

So dis mean I gots ta gitsa gif?

I canna afferd none athat nufangled teepee i ere dese kids like

Color Red
02-21-2005, 06:29 PM
I think the idea of getting married for the sake of getting married by a certain age is a bit dicey. You might want to pay more attention to identifying who this person is you're getting married to, and of course, what kind of person you are that is getting married. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have one question: how long are you planning on being married?

unlurking
ROFL

|Zach|
The shite, it doth hit the fan.
ROFL I like having this guy around.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:30 PM
I think the idea of getting married for the sake of getting married by a certain age is a bit dicey. You might want to pay more attention to identifying who this person is you're getting married to, and of course, what kind of person you are that is getting married. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I have one question: how long are you planning on being married?
As long as it takes to pop out a couple welfare babies to pay for the beer.

;)

Count Alex's Losses
ROFL I like having this guy around.

Lardass is both articulate and funny, he will be a good addition.

Just wait until KC visits Dallas this year...he's a Cowboys fan.

tenn_steph

forever. I care for him he cares for me thats why I ask him to

bogie
02-21-2005, 06:31 PM

Roy says you and he are talkin about gittin hitched.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Cuz he said he likes messin around with other chicks and you wouldn't find out about it.

If you wanna get him back, go mess around with Slayer.

:p

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Lardass is both articulate and funny, he will be a good addition.

Just wait until KC visits Dallas this year...he's a Cowboys fan.
Yeah, I noticed the fairy helmet in his avatar.

Very disappointed.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 06:34 PM

Very disappointed.

I think it's great we have another non-KC fan here....just adding to the population. I believe he's the first Dallas fan.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 06:35 PM
hes not messing around! he cares for me!

tk13
02-21-2005, 06:35 PM
Damn - I was thinking the same thing!
Quick, let's set a trap. Somebody sign up and pretend you're a naked lonely sheep looking for love. If she bites, we've got our man.

chiefs4me
02-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Fine, run my IP...

Way to be hospitable.

I was starting to believe you were new.....until you dropped the line about Slayer...now I know you're full of crap. Who are you really?:hmmm:

tenn_steph
why u all think we shouldnt get married?

Cochise

He don't love you, he loves your doggystyle

lardass
02-21-2005, 06:37 PM

Very disappointed.

Here, let me play the saddest song for you on the world's smallest violin. :D

Saulbadguy
ROFL!!!

KcMizzou
Quick, let's set a trap. Somebody sign up and pretend you're a naked lonely sheep looking for love. If she bites, we've got our man.ROFL

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
huh?

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
Somebody sign up and pretend you're a naked lonely sheep looking for love.

Why not? Wouldn't be the first time I've done it...

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
huh?
pics plz..nekkid.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
u all just jealous cuz u dont get any

unlurking
02-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Or we could just trade you for Slayer?

How would you like to become a Chiefs fan? Dallas doesn't have enough pre-pubescent male fans for the ranch hands to play with.

;)

lardass
02-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Dallas doesn't have enough pre-pubescent male fans for the ranch hands to play with.

;)

I dont have a problem with KC... If I did, I wouldnt waste my time being here.

As for the ranch hands, obviously you are more ''up'' on that than I am. ;)

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 07:48 PM
how come no one thinks we should get married?

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Roy...if it really mattered to you what people you've never met think about the topic, you shouldn't be getting married.

Iowanian
That's my definition based on facts and experience. You have your own experience going for you, so you have your own definition to work with.

BTW, FWIW, I find this defensiveness rather interesting...

Alright slayer.......you snot nosed hairlip.

Please refrain from giving any further marraige advice, until you've had more than one car date, that your mother didn't drive. Please Also refrain from giving wedding night advice until you've broken the package on your own wedding tackle.............Then give it 4-5 well practiced years.

You'd do yourself a favor to read more and type less on these issues.

Crimmeny..........You probably haven't even figured out that you CAN toss off with the OTHER Hand Yet.

lardass

ya'll done is not thought this thru enuff.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 07:53 PM
ya'll done is not thought this thru enuff.

gittin hitch-ed is like buyin' a steer at market. Ya don't wan'ta pick tha' firs' one ya sees.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 07:55 PM
huh?

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 07:56 PM
huh?
ROFL

lardass
02-21-2005, 07:57 PM
huh?

teh funny... :banghead: :drool:

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
I dont get it

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 07:58 PM
u all just jealous cuz u dont get any
Just a thought here sweet cheeks but, try typing like an adult. People will take you more seriously.

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey 4th...did you deliver the package?

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 07:59 PM
where Roy at?

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Hey 4th...did you deliver the package?
Yes sir I did. :D I decided to deliver just one package for now. Hopefully he will see the error of his ways and not force the issue. Thanks for your help. :thumb:

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 08:04 PM
where Roy at?
Rumor has it some of the Planet Members trook him out, got him liquored up and bought him a hooker.

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 08:12 PM

If there was ever a moment, that I knew something on the planet would still be talked about in 5 years, its right now.

TennHottyDPluvr, an Iowanian is something that can make a woman's lip curl like Elvis', her Legs shake like an epileptic, while she hits notes unachievable by most Opera Singers, all with the flick of a thumb. I don't think you're ready for the Human Sybian.

We're all sure that you and roy really dig each other. Thats great for both of you. The problem is, 99% of the Adults on this board, participating in this thread, have been through the emotions you're both feeling.......maybe 25 times.

Oh and III.............I friggin TOLD YOU not to tell your women about the Planet. LISTEN!!!! next time. You are soooo foooked.

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 08:17 PM
For some reason I can't help but be reminded of 2 movie scenes.

The Water Boy when Bobby Bouchette Tells his mama "I LiKe Vicky, and she like me back, and she showed me her booby and I liked them too"

That and Dannow's drunken toast to Cawla at the wedding on "the other sister"

Millions of people meet and feel tingly about another, and hang out and have first time alkward sex............The name for that phase of relationship is called.......bear with me now.............DATING.

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Oh and III.............I friggin TOLD YOU not to tell your women about the Planet. LISTEN!!!! next time. You are soooo foooked.
Truer words have not been spoken. So far III is 0 for 2.

1. Gettin' his noodle wet and thinking he's ready to get married.
2. Inviting the noodle wetter to The Planet.

Smart moves III. :shake:

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Hell.........all this wedding talk isn't seriously an option yet anyway..........I hear in Appalacia, they can't get Mar'd until III gets 15 of his Finest Goats down to her Pa.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 08:26 PM
whatever. u so mean

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Its not meant to be mean........Its blunt truth. Its what Roy expects and will get here.

No one means any harm, quite the opposite in fact. You two haven't even smelled a fart from the other yet, let alone learn the really unpleasant habbits of the other.

Life isn't a race, no need to sprint. If you're upset by the truth, its Roy's fault for giving you the www. If you can't handle truth, honesty and some pretty funny jokes.......you'd be better off to slip away, forget about this place, and pen a new love note to schmoopy.

Better yet.........just post it here, no one will read it or comment........Promise.

If you begin and end a message with ( )that means "private" anyway and we can't read the interaction.

Rausch
02-21-2005, 08:32 PM

Nice.

That line's almost as old as Vinny...

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 08:40 PM
I can handle the truth u dont know nothing about me and him. u cant say nothing about what u dont know

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 08:41 PM
Where the hell is Roy? He is the match that will ignite this powder keg.

el borracho
02-21-2005, 08:43 PM
I can handle the truth u dont know nothing about me and him. u cant say nothing about what u dont know
So tell us. What do you like about Roy? Why do you want to marry him?

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 08:46 PM
he cares for me I care for him. When I was sick he took care of me

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 08:47 PM

I'm sure you're both very, very socially and intellectually advanced for your age, and know way better than anyone else. I'd like nothing more than to see our good friend Roy, ride you off into the sunset to live happily ever after.

If its so Perfect and failproof........It'll still be there in 2 years, when Marraige should be a legit topic.

If Brideowanian had mentioned the "M" word within the first 6 months we dated......I'd have bolted like my pants were on fire. No reason to rush things.

Chill out, slow down and enjoy each others company. I don't know much, but I know you two are talking about doing a cannonball into a fire pit with Gasoline Underwear.

Get back to me when you two can check off everything on this list:

1. Full time employment for 1 year and counting
2. Family Health Insurance
3. Home that the govt isn't paying for
4. Know how III got that weird scar on his (insert part).
5. See the other side of a storm.....a bad quarrel(that means fight).
6. have both passed gas in front of the other. I know that sounds stupid, but its more about the Comfort level instead of the nice aroma of stale dookie.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 08:49 PM
we know we going to be together I guess he just want to know how to make me happy but know all u saying to get married is a bad idea. U make him run away

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 08:51 PM
we know we going to be together I guess he just want to know how to make me happy but know all u saying to get married is a bad idea. U make him run away

Forget Roy for a second, what about you? Is Roy the best you can do?

el borracho
02-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Ooooh... He cares for you and you care for him. Seriously, what do you know about him?

lardass
02-21-2005, 08:53 PM
:drool:

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 08:55 PM
She types like and appears to have the same grasp of the English language as most 8 year olds. What a keeper. No wonder roy is all over this saucy wench.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 08:55 PM
I know hes sweet and he doesnt care what the outside looks like I know he wants to make a family with me and make me happy what do U know about him?

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Getting married in itself is NOT a bad Idea.

Getting married when you've only seen each other face to face, maybe Twice? IS a HORRIBLE Idea.

I don't want to be mean to you.....or III. You seem like a nice girl, and this stuff isn't supposed to be aired out like this.

if he "runs away" or if you "run away".......the Runner wasn't exactly that Sure.

You'll know its right when it doesn't matter. I'd set the Chiefsplanet server on fire before I let it affect my home life and would tackle a train for my wife. Thats when you know its the right thing to do.

I'm not thinking this is the best place for you to be for your relationship.

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
I know hes sweet and he doesnt care what the outside looks like I know he wants to make a family with me and make me happy what do U know about him?
What do we know about him? Well, from this thread alone we can deduct that he doesn't have brain one in his head where you are concerned.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 08:58 PM
huh?

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 08:59 PM
huh?
Thats it. Negative rep for the 6th "huh?" response.

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 08:59 PM
huh?
EXACTLY! ROFL

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 09:00 PM
I feel like I(we're) Effing with III's Real life here........its feelling a little out of bounds. Its not right.

Tenn....I'm sure Roy likes you very much and wants great things for you. I'm sure he means whatever he said about the things you've talked about. Good luck. I don't think either of you has reason to jump into marraige, unless you're about to be Deported.

I'm out until the Man himself comes back around.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 09:00 PM
sometimes I dont understand, thats all.

lardass
02-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Thats it. Negative rep for the 6th "huh?" response.

Honestly, I think rep is the last of its concern. But it's funny anyway. :D

4th and Long
02-21-2005, 09:02 PM
I feel like I(we're) Effing with III's Real life here........its feelling a little out of bounds. Its not right.

Tenn....I'm sure Roy likes you very much and wants great things for you. I'm sure he means whatever he said about the things you've talked about. Good luck. I don't think either of you has reason to jump into marraige, unless you're about to be Deported.

I'm out until the Man himself comes back around.
Yeah, you're right. Poor roy. I'm out too.

Rausch
02-21-2005, 09:04 PM
She types like and appears to have the same grasp of the English language as most 8 year olds. What a keeper. No wonder roy is all over this saucy wench.

How long have you been married?...

chiefs4me
02-21-2005, 09:05 PM
sometimes I dont understand, thats all.

Honey how old are you?

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
old enough. Im real pissed he brought this here

Rausch
02-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Forget Roy for a second, what about you? Is Roy the best you can do?

I'm considering giving you rep for the irony of this post alone...

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 09:08 PM
yeah Roy the best I can do

el borracho
02-21-2005, 09:09 PM
Doesn't matter what I know about him, I am not the one talking about marrying him. You (like Roy) are obviously young, why not date for a few years before thinking of marriage? Is there something wrong with that plan?

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 09:10 PM
no we wont get married right know. but I wanna know why he needs to get u oppinions

Rausch
02-21-2005, 09:11 PM

Good answer.

My girlfriend would probably name off 30 or so celebrities before you stopped her...

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 09:13 PM
celebrities is all shallow, Roy is really sweet

el borracho
02-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Yeah, you're right. Poor roy. I'm out too.
Why would you feel sorry for Roy? He is foolish enough to post this kind of personal crap (even after people previously advised him against doing things like this) and then he is foolish enough to give the girl the web address to the site where he talks openly about personal matters. What else could he possibly have expected?

unlurking
02-21-2005, 09:15 PM
All right, who the hell is playing the "wench". This is just too sad.

Whoever you are, make sure you send III some really good PMs and then copy all his responses back here!

el borracho
02-21-2005, 09:16 PM
no we wont get married right know. but I wanna know why he needs to get u oppinions
If you knew him well enough to marry him, you would already know the answer to that question.

chiefs4me
02-21-2005, 09:16 PM

Honey I am probably old enough to be your momma...now you go wash out your mouth and don't..I repeat don't ever say that again. Do not think of yourself that way. Don't think the first boy..or for that matter any boy is the best you can do.:shake:

el borracho
02-21-2005, 09:17 PM
celebrities is all shallow, Roy is really sweet
Awesome generalization! Tell us, if celebrities are all shallow what profession do the profound people prefer?

stumppy
02-21-2005, 09:18 PM

Having to ask that question should, in itself, tell you all you need to know about marriage/roy.

stevieray
02-21-2005, 09:19 PM
or for that matter any boy is the best you can do.:shake:

Dayze
02-21-2005, 09:30 PM
I certainly wouldn't place a time frame, or goal in which to be hitched.
I just married in October of '04 at 27 yrs old....but I can't imagine being married earlier given my priorities. I wouldn't have lasted 1 minute in marriage.

Give it time man; let it develop. It will happen when you least expect it. My wife and I first met in 1995 for about 30 seconds in a workplace of a mutual friend. Though nothing more of it; and our paths mysteriously crossed again 6 years later. :thumb:

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 09:31 PM
no I mean Roy is good I aint giving up or nothing, hes just really nice

JazzzLovr
02-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Wow. That's kind of harsh. I wouldn't wish that on DenverChief. :shake:

Rausch
02-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Awesome generalization! Tell us, if celebrities are all shallow what profession do the profound people prefer?

Apparently she doesn't know. Fill us in...

unlurking
02-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Wow. That's kind of harsh. I wouldn't wish that on DenverChief. :shake:
ROFL!!

All right, I'm guessing tenn_steph is really lardass, any other guesses?

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm considering giving you rep for the irony of this post alone...

I figure I can move in on the chick. I don't want to get married. :D

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 10:10 PM
Honey I am probably old enough to be your momma...now you go wash out your mouth and don't..I repeat don't ever say that again. Do not think of yourself that way. Don't think the first boy..or for that matter any boy is the best you can do.:shake:

A good woman is always looking to upgrade, right?
ROFL

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:11 PM
ROFL!!

Why u call me lardass? Im not fat!

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 10:11 PM
ROFL!!

No, no....lardass is my tenth username...heh. :thumb:

FTR, I'm j/k.

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 10:13 PM
Why u call me lardass? Im not fat!

No, lardass is a new user; signed on about the same time as you.

FWIW, Roy's a good kid; he just needs to keep the personal stuff off here because.....well, let's just say, this ain't the place for it. He's one of the sincere folks here; most of us are here for amusement, and entertainment....and Roy makes it too easy for a few of us around here. It ain't right, but he should know better by now.

He can always PM some of us (that will be sincere with him) if he really wants to talk.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:17 PM
oh, ya. I still wanna know why he brought it here

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey Sybil....BELGIUM

Bowser
02-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow. Just, ****in wow.

My damned stomach and face hurt from reading this zinger of a thread.

:thumb:

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 10:23 PM

He brought it here because there are a lot of really good people here; lots of bright, experienced people...with insights into lots of stuff (it amazes me sometimes.) So there are many sincere people here who have offered others good advice on many occaisions. Like I said though, Roy needs to determine WHO those people are, and do it through a PM or an e-mail if he's really seeking sincere advice. Everything posted here is subject to becoming "humor" for someone else--and some here, me included....can be pretty brutal and inappropriate, if we see an opportunity for a good laugh. It ain't right, but it is what it is...

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Hey Sybil....BELGIUM

Oooops....sorry; hadn't noticed that. Thanks, meatpeeker. :thumb:

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:25 PM
his daddy know more than u all

JazzzLovr
02-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Good answer.

My girlfriend would probably name off 30 or so celebrities before you stopped her...

Who are you kidding? She could probably name 30 or so unknowns before anyone stopped her.

Maybe 50 or so if she's still pissed about you checking out my http://www.pk-hq.com/community/images/smilies/5boobs.gif

:fire:

unlurking
02-21-2005, 10:27 PM
OK, who here really believes tenn-steph is the girl in question?

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 10:27 PM

His daddy IS one of those I speak of. :)

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
ya, ok

Mr. Kotter
02-21-2005, 10:28 PM
OK, who here really believes tenn-steph is the girl in question?

50/50 chance...

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 10:29 PM

Yes. RoyC's a very smart man indeed; but what about you? For instance, why do you type in the idiom of a Vietnamese whore?

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 10:29 PM

He probably brought it here, because he's a guy who needs advice, and right or wrong trusts what he's told here. You should rest easy though, he obviously doesn't take heed of what he's told, because I, and many others point blankly told him NOT to tell YOU or any other Girlfriend about this refuge he calls his online home.

Maybe you should ask him, instead of stalkin' him at his hangout?

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:30 PM
I dont know what that mean, but u r rude and should piss on urself

Saulbadguy
02-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Classic.

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 10:31 PM

Hang around a couple hours...

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Give her some room boys......she obviously doesn't understand the buzzsaw she's stumbled into. Its not her fault.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:33 PM
im not good at typing dosent mean im a bad person

unlurking
02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
ROFL

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 10:34 PM
im not good at typing dosent mean im a bad person

You need to dump Roy and get sweet on kcnut....a match made in heaven.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Where the hell is III?

This would be more fun with him here.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
I dont understand any of this he made me real embarased.

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 10:38 PM
You need to dump Roy and get sweet on kcnut....a match made in heaven.

Shouldn't you be off somewhere, spitshining your Yoda Butt Plug, Meatpeeker?

You couldn't score with a woman if your Daddy was the Sultan of Brunia, and had kidnapped Hel'n Keller as your chosen bride.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 10:40 PM
I dont understand any of this he made me real embarased.
Try posting naked pics of yourself, then what Roy says won't emabarass you any more.

:p

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 10:40 PM
tenn.

I'm positive that Roy meant no harm, and had no intention of embarrassing you.

I'd wager Money that he was just too excited after he got home from his trip, and didn't know how to express it, but here.

There is no reason to be embarrassed. No one here knows who you are.

Sometimes people do things that maybe they shouldnt', for the right Reasons. Roy's intentions were good. He asked because he wanted advice, and this is a pretty good place to get it.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I told him though not to be bragging and stuff and someone said he cheated on me

Count Alex's Losses
02-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Roy just logged on....get your sweet ass in here, III.

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 10:54 PM
People are trying to get him in trouble for sport.

This place is obviously just going to work you up, and is not going to be positive for you two.

He hasn't been bragging about anything.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 10:56 PM
ok

Cochise
02-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Roy didn't brag or say anything bad. He just came here for advice.

This place, however, is populated with the most talented group of dog-pilers ever assembled on the internet and this is the result.

He didn't do anything bad, he just came here for advice because there are a lot of married folks.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 11:00 PM
dont do it no more, roy I dont want nobody in our realtionship

el borracho
02-21-2005, 11:01 PM
Anyone else feel torn between their allegiance to the truth and their allegiance to the man code.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 11:02 PM
huh?

lardass
02-21-2005, 11:02 PM
This is going to get good pretty quick. :D

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 11:03 PM
You be havin any girlfriends who'd want to Double Date with our good friend Gochiefs?

This is a very very good pic of him....a Glamour shot

The Bad Guy
02-21-2005, 11:05 PM
I agree with Iow, we should just stop messing with Roy and his girl.

Roy should of known NOT to come here with such a question that the million and one smartasses we have on this board would of broke his nuts.

But he obviously likes this chick, she likes him. So I wish them well.

The Bad Guy
02-21-2005, 11:06 PM
dont do it no more, roy I dont want nobody in our realtionship

He was asking for advice to make sure you have a lasting relationship. There is nothing wrong with that.

tenn_steph
02-21-2005, 11:09 PM
all them saying hes cheatin on me, if its not true I dont wanna here it

royr17
02-21-2005, 11:10 PM
This is just a big ass joke

Tenn Steph thats not really my girlfirend and i know its one of the mods doin this just to get me goin.

Nice try guys.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 11:11 PM
all them saying hes cheatin on me, if its not true I dont wanna here it
Something about Rosy Palm I think?

Can't remember who he was bragging about.