PDA

View Full Version : Marriage Question

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

royr17
02-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Ok lets start here.

I need some help with some things i need to know on gettin married, the do's, the dont's, the things you need to know about that.

I see you guys here some are married some arent so the ones that know stuff i need to know let me know about it.

So what are the things i should know about it, cause i dont wanna wait my whole life to get married, i actually wanna be married before i turn 26 which is 6 years from now.

But I wanna get started early in startin a family, so what are the do's and dont's in marriage ???

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Oh lord. Somebody warn Roy Sr. ROFL

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 06:29 PM
ROFL

Cochise
02-20-2005, 06:29 PM
What's wrong with not being married when you are 26? :hmmm:

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 06:30 PM
How many weeks late is she?

:D

tk13
ROFL This should be good....

Saulbadguy

Heh. The shotgun is already loaded.

Logical
02-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Another comedy gold thread in the opening phase.

4th and Long
02-20-2005, 06:32 PM
This is easy. Don't get married, and if you do, go kicking and screaming all the way.

By the way, I suggest you use this for the top of the wedding cake.
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/2646/weddingcake5ro.jpg

Cochise
02-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Sneaking off to the courthouse is how I would do it. That way I won't have to tell my family or anything until it's already done.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Sneaking off to the courthouse is how I would do it. That way I won't have to tell my family or anything until it's already done.ROFL

You're goin to hell for that one..

badgirl
02-20-2005, 06:33 PM
Don't!!!!For god sakes boy get a grip will ya. Your too damn young to start a family wait till your 30 for gods sake whats the hurry :cuss:

Manila-Chief
02-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, unless things have changed drastically over in that part of the world, the normal first step is to get a girlfriend first. It's kinda risky to just walk out on the street and grab a girl and take her to the alter...

Although, you could find any number of girls who would do that for you over here!!!! And, some of them are rather attractive.

ChiefsCountry
02-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey I'm 20 and I'm in no hurry to get married.

Cochise
02-20-2005, 06:37 PM
ROFL

You're goin to hell for that one..

Disclaimer

marriage is bad and no one should do it under any circumstances!!

that ought to absolve me :thumb:

Cochise
02-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Although, you could find any number of girls who would do that for you over here!!!! And, some of them are rather attractive.

What's it cost to mail one of those rather attractive ones back to the states :hmmm:

tk13
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I'd plunge on a trip to Vegas and get married by a flying Elvis. If that's too much to ask maybe just hire First Down Elvis and get married on the 50 yard line at Arrowhead. :)

el borracho
Roy, it is great that you are in love but it seems foolish to speak of marriage so early in the relationship and especially at your age. Why don't you just enjoy dating for a while and re-visit this topic again in 3 or 5 years?

Miles

Nice ROFL

royr17
Dads already gettin onto me about this one

I need to know what are some things you need to know about the person before ever thinkin of gettin married.

I dont wanna wait till im 30. I wait till im 30 i better just not have a family at all cause thats on the way down the hill.

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...

royr17
02-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Roy, it is great that you are in love but it seems foolish to speak of marriage so early in the relationship and especially at your age. Why don't you just enjoy dating for a while and re-visit this topic again in 3 or 5 years?

Im just askin for some advice in case if i decide to in 2 years, what are the things i should know, the do's and the donts i should know before even attemptin to get married.

Claynus
02-20-2005, 06:44 PM

I need to know what are some things you need to know about the person before ever thinkin of gettin married.

I dont wanna wait till im 30. I wait till im 30 i better just not have a family at all cause thats on the way down the hill.

That's absolutely not true. My parents didn't get married until they were in their late 20s and had kids in their early and mid 30s.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
02-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Considering I got married at 31 and am getting ready to celebrate my 14th anniversary soon, with a very beautiful 12 year old daughter, I really ought to smack you with a very large rock over that condesending and rather not-well-thought-out remark.
:cuss:

el borracho
02-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Im just askin for some advice in case if i decide to in 2 years, what are the things i should know, the do's and the donts i should know before even attemptin to get married.
Know yourself
Know what is important to you
Know the other person
Know what is important to them

By the way, it takes more than just asking to find the true answers to those topics.

Mosbonian
02-20-2005, 06:53 PM
This is easy. Don't get married, and if you do, go kicking and screaming all the way.

By the way, I suggest you use this for the top of the wedding cake.
http://img109.exs.cx/img109/2646/weddingcake5ro.jpg

ROFL.....LMAO!!!

That's rep..:thumb:

mmaddog

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 06:54 PM
III!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen Up Fool. Absolutely, under no circumstances should you even CONSIDER that word, until you've know a broad for at least 2 years.

Your fresh wet Pecker is talkin' here Boy........

I think the rule of thumb in your case should be that you can't get married until you can have sex for 2 full minutes..........in a row.

If you want to practice for marriage, get yourself a job.......go every day for a year.......when you get home, mow the yard, pay the bills, and prepare to be wrong about something when you get inside.

Before you consider marraige, you need to know ALOT of things.
1. Has she always been a female
2. has she ever been in Prison

3. Has she ever committed a felony
4. Has she ever done a DP for internet PRon Sites?
5. How does she act when she's sick
How does she act when you or a loved one are ill? Is she pissed because you went to Grandma's funeral instead of taking her to see the matenee?
6. How many other horny internet virgins is she pillaging?
7. Does she have a Job?
Is she good with Money or in Deep Shit Debt?
Does she expect you to immediately expect you to provide as much as her Daddy Doctor?
Do you even know her middle name?
DO you like the smell of each other's farts? If you haven't smelled her fart, you don't know her at all.

Are Her pants easier to get into than Community College?

If yes, assume that during your marraige, as many guys will pass through both gates.

Never Buy the First Car you test drive. EvAR!

4th and Long
02-20-2005, 06:56 PM
Know yourself
Know what is important to you
Know the other person
Know what is important to them

By the way, it takes more than just asking to find the true answers to those topics.
And remember ... try on the shoe before you buy it, ... just to make sure it fits well. Along that same line of thought, take heed of the following conversation.

Son: Dad, I have a problem
Dad: What is it son?
Son: Ummm ... I got my girl friend pregnant.
Dad: Damnit Son! What were you thinking!?
Son: Well Dad, you always said, "Try on the shoe before you buy it."
Dad: Yes Son, I did say that but ... you don't shit it and prevent yourself from taking it back!

Mosbonian
02-20-2005, 06:58 PM

Really? Hmmmm....had my kids at 36 and 40......and I am in the prime of my life at 48!!!

I know kids your age that are already on the downhill slope...it's all a matter of taking care of yourself!

mmaddog

Phobia
02-20-2005, 07:00 PM

You're ****in full of shit and you know it. Way to try to cover your ass, though. Next time don't use Saran wrap.

Mosbonian
02-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Every time I think I've seen the nadir of this BB, inevitably someone grabs a shovel and digs for China...

What's Ralph Nader digging a hole to China got to do with this?

Wait....nevermind....:banghead:

mmaddog

Phobia
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
RoyC,
Please go buy III a hammer. That way anytime he's tempted to use his keyboard in the future, he can use the hammer on his fingers. Good Lord.

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 07:03 PM
What's Ralph Nader digging a hole to China got to do with this?

How'm I supposed to know? Ask Hoover.

Cochise
02-20-2005, 07:04 PM
Since we're on the marriage topic, here's one a I just heard.

A man comes home from work one day and sees his wife packing up her suitcases. He asks her where she's going, and she says "I'm leaving you and moving to Las Vegas. I just saw on television that I can make $200 a night doing what I do for you for free."

Suddenly, the husband begins packing his bags, too. The wife asks what he's doing, and he says "I want to see how you're going to live on $400 a year."

tk13
02-20-2005, 07:05 PM
If nothing else, maybe you could have the traditional KU Jayhawk wedding. Go to a nice church and have a real fancy ceremony... and then when you get to the very end of the vows, you choke the bride.

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 07:06 PM
I think if you get married, you should Let Rich Scanlon have a go at her on your wedding night.

Ari Chi3fs
02-20-2005, 07:08 PM
ROy finally gets laid, and he thinks he found the love of his life. Hey ROy, its called Pussy... all chicks have one. Just cuz one let you touch hers, doesnt mean its love...

Im almost embarassed for you.

Phobia
02-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Roy, when you bring home a W-2 that has more than 3 zeros on the end feel free to post another marriage thread. Until then, don't even think about it.

I'm already gonna smack you upside the head once when I see you next. You don't want to add to that.

royr17
02-20-2005, 07:09 PM
I dont think this thread was good idea.

Mosbonian
02-20-2005, 07:10 PM

First of all.....her real name, not the one she uses on the Internet

Second....does she have a husband

mmaddog

4th and Long
02-20-2005, 07:11 PM
First of all.....her real name, not the one she uses on the Internet

Second....does she have a husband

mmaddog
ROFL ROFL ROFL

badgirl
02-20-2005, 07:11 PM
How do you know SHE wants to marry you roy, have you already asked?

royr17
02-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Roy, when you bring home a W-2 that has more than 3 zeros on the end feel free to post another marriage thread. Until then, don't even think about it.

I'm already gonna smack you upside the head once when I see you next. You don't want to add to that.

And why would you do that for ??????????

stevieray
02-20-2005, 07:13 PM

The subject isn't, either.

royr17
02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
How do you know SHE wants to marry you roy, have you already asked?

I dont wanna answer this but yes we have.

The Bad Guy
02-20-2005, 07:14 PM
Dude, are you serious? About 2 months ago you were telling everyone about chicks you met on the net fighting over you and now you want marriage advice?

Stop while you're ahead. You don't marry chicks you met on the net after 3 months.

Enjoy being young and take your time. Marriage is no race - it's a marathon and you will never make it if you run too fast too early.

I'm just recently engaged, but I've been dating my fiancee for 3 years and we are waiting a while to get married so we can save cash.

I'm sure you will get your balls broke on this thread, and you should. If you are thinking about marriage already, it's not love, it's an infatuation.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 07:14 PM
I dont think this thread was good idea.Please dont stop posting these threads. These are always quality entertainment.

Phobia
02-20-2005, 07:15 PM

This thread is the least of your worries. You better reel your peter back into your trousers before you make another decision. Where are you gonna live? How are you gonna get to the grocery store? When you
get there, how are you gonna pay? If your peter produces RoyIV, what are you gonna do?

How much money do you think it would take to feed and house a wife and a child, Roy. Throw out a wild guess.

4th and Long
02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
:doh!:
Where do I sign up to help smack this kid upside his head?

KcMizzou
I dont wanna answer this but yes we have.Ah geez.. It just stopped bein' funny.

FloridaChief

Oh, FFS...

The Bad Guy

This is a cry for help if I've ever seen one.

You don't want to wait till your 30? You still might be waiting till your 30 because the chances of a marriage like this lasting are slim and none and slim just gave you the finger.

If she's the right one, then what's the rush?

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 07:17 PM

If you were thinking, you wouldn't have THUNK this in the first place.

Mosbonian
Since we're on the marriage topic, here's one a I just heard.

A man comes home from work one day and sees his wife packing up her suitcases. He asks her where she's going, and she says "I'm leaving you and moving to Las Vegas. I just saw on television that I can make $200 a night doing what I do for you for free."

Suddenly, the husband begins packing his bags, too. The wife asks what he's doing, and he says "I want to see how you're going to live on $400 a year."

Now that's funny....ROFL

mmaddog

Phobia
And why would you do that for ??????????

I don't have a bobblehead of my own and I wanted to see how one of them empty head dolls bobbed.

chiefs4me
The only thing you need to know is do not get married before you are 25...you have years of fun ahead before you settle down. You don't wanna have a kid when you are a kid yourself.

|Zach|
If nothing else, maybe you could have the traditional KU Jayhawk wedding. Go to a nice church and have a real fancy ceremony... and then when you get to the very end of the vows, you choke the bride.
ROFL

badgirl
Let me get this straight you asked and she said Yes, now you want to know what you need to know before you get married, Roy, Roy, Roy, ........thats no good,now how are you gonna get out of it? :shake:

You ARE gonna get out of it right :hmmm:

royr17
02-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Dude, are you serious? About 2 months ago you were telling everyone about chicks you met on the net fighting over you and now you want marriage advice?

Stop while you're ahead. You don't marry chicks you met on the net after 3 months.

Enjoy being young and take your time. Marriage is no race - it's a marathon and you will never make it if you run too fast too early.

I'm just recently engaged, but I've been dating my fiancee for 3 years and we are waiting a while to get married so we can save cash.

I'm sure you will get your balls broke on this thread, and you should. If you are thinking about marriage already, it's not love, it's an infatuation.

Actually i've known this girl for a year.

Saulbadguy
The only thing you need to know is do not get married before you are 25...you have years of fun ahead before you settle down. You don't wanna have a kid when you are a kid yourself.
Marriage doesn't always equal kids right away.

stevieray
roy, please do not do this...

|Zach|
02-20-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't think there is a general set marriage age at all...why would you paint such a broad brush? It is such a situational thing.

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married after 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married after 25

chiefs4me
02-20-2005, 07:20 PM
2 months and you have already talked about marriage..where is your daddy at boy. Is he reading this?

Phobia

:banghead: Roy, pack up everything you own. Get a ride over to her house. Put all your stuff on her porch. Leave. Never speak to her again.

I'm trying to save you a whole lot of trouble.

The Bad Guy

Have you hung out with her all the time for that year? Or have you just talked on the computer?

If you haven't spent a lot of time with her, you don't know shit about her.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Where are you going to live if you get married?

badgirl
roy, please do not do this...
LISTEN TO US GD IT DON'T GET MARRIED, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN IF YOU DO BOY, DO YOU HEAR ME :cuss:

Iowanian
If you can't afford a car..check that, 2 cars
If you can't afford a house
If you can't afford food for 3
If you can't afford Lights (daddy, thanks for ALLL this Light! Its GREAT to read by.....here's the big piece of chicken)
If you can't afford Heat,Car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, and swimming lessons................

You're never going to be able to afford her crack habit, internet connection or the Divorce, where you'll never be able to afford her ALLIMONY.

No........Take your dick out of the Selzter Bottle and think about what you've said.

royr17
Let me get this straight you asked and she said Yes, now you want to know what you need to know before you get married, Roy, Roy, Roy, ........thats no good,now how are you gonna get out of it? :shake:

You ARE gonna get out of it right :hmmm:

No she already told me she wants to be with me and us get married in 2 years. So i was just askin for some advice.

stevieray
where is your daddy at boy.

:rolleyes:

el borracho
I don't think there is a general set marriage age at all...why would you paint such a broad brush? It is such a situational thing.

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married before 25

There are all kinds of people that have great marriages that got married after 25

There are all kinds of people that don't have have great marriages that got married after 25
Unfortunately, there is no data for those that got married right at age 25 so there your guess is as good as anyone's, Roy.

The Bad Guy
02-20-2005, 07:22 PM
:banghead: Roy, pack up everything you own. Get a ride over to her house. Put all your stuff on her porch. Leave. Never speak to her again.

I'm trying to save you a whole lot of trouble.

Now that is great advice.

While he's at it, he should just give some of his money to a lawyer for the hell of it too.

Cochise
This thread is the least of your worries. You better reel your peter back into your trousers before you make another decision. Where are you gonna live? How are you gonna get to the grocery store? When you
get there, how are you gonna pay? If your peter produces RoyIV, what are you gonna do?

How much money do you think it would take to feed and house a wife and a child, Roy. Throw out a wild guess.

Forget what it costs to be married, tell him how much they cost to get OUT of

|Zach|
Unfortunately, there is no data for those that got married right at age 25 so there your guess is as good as anyone's, Roy.
ROFL ROFL

The Bad Guy
No she already told me she wants to be with me and us get married in 2 years. So i was just askin for some advice.

I have some ocean front property I can sell the 2 of you in Oaklahoma as well if you want.

Phobia
No........Take your dick out of the Selzter Bottle and think about what you've said.

Seltzer bottle? :hmmm: Do they have any wide mouth bottles?

Spott
02-20-2005, 07:23 PM

Well, I agree with you about the over 30 thing, but that's more of a personal choice. I got "fixed" at 24 after 1 kid and I'm very glad that I had my son before 30.

I'd wait till after you've gone through college before you'd consider marrying someone. If you get married too early, you tend to want to sew your wild oats when you get to be 30 or so. I recommend going to college, have fun, get laid, and don't worry about marriage.

badgirl
WHEW, we got 2 years thank god, I thought you meant real soon.

don't worry guys it ant gonna last that long, and if it does, then ok maby I'll get your back

Logical
Ah geez.. It just stopped bein' funny.and became seriously sad.

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 07:24 PM
And Don't forget the Water Bill. I realize that In Kentucky, some folks poo outside, but the rest of the Country Enjoy the benefits of indoor plumbing........which costs money

Mosbonian
02-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Forget what it costs to be married, tell him how much they cost to get OUT of

Both financially and emotionally....

mmaddog

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 07:38 PM
No Blisters Stinging
Palms of Hand
III is shopping
Wedding Bands

Comes to Planet
For advice
Then Suprised?
Those guys not nice.

The net is full
Of Scheming Broads
Dick chopped off
She's a fraud

If she talks
Of Moving IN
Grab you shit
Run Like the Wind.

Phobia
02-20-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm pretty sure ROYC's head just exploded.....

unless....

This is an elaborate ploy to take the focus off Rich Scanlon....

Mosbonian
02-20-2005, 07:40 PM
This thread is chock full of great one-liners, good advice and one very mixed up young boy.....

Makes for a thread destined to the Classics....

mmaddog

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I wonder what kind of advice the KC Star BB would offer...

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 07:45 PM

ROFL

Manila-Chief
02-20-2005, 07:45 PM
What's it cost to mail one of those rather attractive ones back to the states :hmmm:

Probably not much ... they tend to be rather petite!!!!

Spott
02-20-2005, 07:48 PM

You mean there's still a BB at the KCStar site?

Claynus
02-20-2005, 07:52 PM
No Blisters Stinging
Palms of Hand
III is shopping
Wedding Bands

Comes to Planet
For advice
Then Suprised?
Those guys not nice.

The net is full
Of Scheming Broads
Dick chopped off
She's a fraud

If she talks
Of Moving IN
Grab you shit
Run Like the Wind.

Ze God gets rep...

Claynus
02-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Roy, don't listen to these guys. Follow your heart! It will set you free!

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Oh No..........Poor III's lady just registered. I'll bet my rep on it. I predict more wreckage than the Daytona 500.

* ad libbed by Iowanian

III,
Read this article Closely

"Cops: Gal(met on internet)* Flushed Beau's Genitals
Sunday, February 20, 2005

ANCHORAGE ó Anchorage (search) police said a woman upset about an impending break-up with her boyfriend cut off the man's penis and flushed it down a toilet.

Utility workers recovered the severed member Sunday morning and surgeons reattached it.

Thirty-five-year-old Kim Tran was charged with first-degree assault, domestic violence and tampering with evidence.

She was jailed at the Anchorage Jail (search).

At the Sunday arraignment, Tran requested a Vietnamese interpreter and Magistrate Brian Johnson continued the arraignment until Monday with no bail set.

Anchorage Police Department (search) spokeswoman Anita Shell said Tran dropped off the 44-year-old victim at Providence Hospital shortly after midnight.

Shell said investigators determined that the two had argued over a pending break-up.

At some point, the pair decided to have sexual relations and the man agreed to have his arms tied to a window handle above their bed.

Shell said the woman pulled out a kitchen knife, severed the man's penis and flushed it down the toilet.

Officers arrived at the couple's home and found the woman cleaning up the bloody scene.

Utility workers recovered the man's severed member and surgeons were successful in reattaching it.

Saulbadguy
02-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Oh No..........Poor III's lady just registered. I'll bet my rep on it.
Yep. The username is a dead giveaway. Lets just hope for poor ole Roys sake that none of those threads accidently get "bumped"...

Cochise
02-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Uh oh. I see our newest member... this is about to get ugly!

|Zach|
02-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Yep. The username is a dead giveaway. Lets just hope for poor ole Roys sake that none of those threads accidently get "bumped"...
I wonder if it is legit or a joke.

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 08:12 PM
It could easily be back to

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 08:15 PM
He told her about ChiefsPlanet? My sympathies for Roy3 have just about reached zero...

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Know Waylon Jennings III? ReCheck this beauty.

"***************** WRONG *****************

written by Steve Seskin and Andre Pessis

performed by Waylon Jennings.

Capo on the 2nd fret.

Verse 1:
E A E
It was a picture perfect wedding
A
We had the whole world at our feet
E
Everyone thought we were heading
A
Down some lovers easy street
D
We'd have a house out in the country
A
A picket fence the whole nine yards
E
They said our love would last forever

It was written in the stars

Chorus:
A
Wrong
D
I should have known it all along
E
When the future looks to bright

Can't be anything but right
A
Wrong

Verse 2:
E A E
I was all but devastated
A
When she told me we were through
E
In a while the heartache faded
A
And i found somebody new
D
I swore that this time would be different
A
I had it all figured out
E
I wouldn't make the same mystakes

I knew what love was all about

Chorus.

Chorus (bis):
A
Wrong
D
Everything was going strong
E
The sky was always blue

Thought my dreams had all come true
A
Wrong

A
Wrong

unlurking
02-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Hmmm

I got married at the age of 19 (had an "oops" and "did the right thing"). I'm in my 30's now and still happily married with a great kid. Make a good living, own a 5 bedroom house (well, OK, the bank owns it), have 2 nice cars about 2 years old (OK, bank again), 25k sitting in a retirment fund, 10k liquid savings, and still working on my bachelor's.

Yeah, I f*cked up. Don't do what I did, you'll regret it the rest of your life.

(Although to be totally honest, I never would have married my wife it weren't for the "oops". Best screw up of my life.)

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
It got quiet in here once the fiance signed up.

Claynus
02-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Hmmm

I got married at the age of 19 (had an "oops" and "did the right thing"). I'm in my 30's now and still happily married with a great kid. Make a good living, own a 5 bedroom house (well, OK, the bank owns it), have 2 nice cars about 2 years old (OK, bank again), 25k sitting in a retirment fund, 10k liquid savings, and still working on my bachelor's.

Yeah, I f*cked up. Don't do what I did, you'll regret it the rest of your life.

(Although to be totally honest, I never would have married my wife it weren't for the "oops". Best screw up of my life.)

How long were you dating?

Fried Meat Ball!
02-20-2005, 08:35 PM
Don't EVER build stuff together. Trust me. And the prase, "Damn it, *insert name here*!" should NEVER be uttered... no matter how mad you are or how bass ackwards she's doing something.

The Bad Guy
02-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I can't wait to see how this turns out.

4th and Long
02-20-2005, 08:38 PM
It got quiet in here once the fiance signed up.
I'm waiting for her to find the thread about all his internet babes and his decision making process ala "ask the Planet members which girl should I pick."

This should be good.

Skip Towne
02-20-2005, 08:46 PM
If you can't afford a car..check that, 2 cars
If you can't afford a house
If you can't afford food for 3
If you can't afford Lights (daddy, thanks for ALLL this Light! Its GREAT to read by.....here's the big piece of chicken)
If you can't afford Heat,Car insurance, home insurance, health insurance, and swimming lessons................

You're never going to be able to afford her crack habit, internet connection or the Divorce, where you'll never be able to afford her ALLIMONY.

ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 08:46 PM
You're just caught up in an infatuation, III. Take a couple more months to spend every minute with her; sleep with her every night (maybe even pull the twin beds apart for a few days at a time every once in a while); literally take notes on every time you two fight; study those notes; think in great detail about what it would be like to go through that for 10 years EXCEPT every week for that 10 years, the relationship will deteriorate as much as it did in those couple of months; and then get back to us at the end of that couple months...you won't even want to hear the word "marriage".

Claynus
02-20-2005, 08:49 PM
You're just caught up in an infatuation, III. Take a couple more months to spend every minute with her; sleep with her every night (maybe even pull the twin beds apart for a few days at a time every once in a while); literally take notes on every time you two fight; study those notes; think in great detail about what it would be like to go through that for 10 years EXCEPT every week for that 10 years, the relationship will deteriorate as much as it did in those couple of months; and then get back to us at the end of that couple months...you won't even want to hear the word "marriage".

Shut up.

Claynus
02-20-2005, 08:49 PM
Shut up.

Like you have any room to talk.

Skip Towne
02-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I'm not going to read this whole thread but III do you even have a job? I've seen that you have hung around daddy's house longer than normal then you are at liberty to go spend three weeks with your sweetie. How do you intend to support? Just curious.

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Like you have any room to talk.

I got a helluva lot more than you'll ever have, meetpeaker.

FloridaChief

I suppose next you'll be giving him driving lessons...

KcMizzou
I'm not going to read this whole thread.You really should. You're missing out...

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 08:53 PM
I suppose next you'll be giving him driving lessons...

Course not, I suck at driving.

Claynus
02-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I got a helluva lot more than you'll ever have, meetpeaker.

It's not even halftime, bitch.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 08:56 PM
literally take notes on every time you two fight; study those notes;

How long can you study : "Holy shit.. this bitch has gone and lost her mind!"

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 08:57 PM
I wish I felt like Narating the conversation between III and his chic are having on the phone or ICQ right now....as it appears in my mind.

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 08:57 PM
It's not even halftime, bitch.

You've had what, 6 more years than I have? You've accomplished less than I have...just pack your things and move to a different thread, gochiefs.

Bowser
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Who is going to be the one to bring up the how-to-get-laid thread?

Roy, seriously, you are WAAAY too young to talk marriage. There are drastic changes to people at the ages of 21, 25, and 30. I would suggest going through ALL of those changes before you even start considering settling down. Trust me (and everyone else) on this one.

Dartgod
02-20-2005, 08:58 PM
That's absolutely not true. My parents didn't get married until they were in their late 20s and had kids in their early and mid 30s.
Well, there ya go.

Claynus
02-20-2005, 08:59 PM
You've had what, 6 more years than I have? You've accomplished less than I have...just pack your things and move to a different thread, gochiefs.

That's because I wasn't even trying for 19 years...wasn't my fault, either, it was my religion.

Bowser

Hahahahahaha!

The Bad Guy

Take notes? If one of my friends took notes on his relationship I would punch him in his face.

FloridaChief

Six-and-a-half minutes, IIRC...

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Six-and-a-half minutes, IIRC...ROFL

Sounds about right.

Claynus
02-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Take notes? If one of my friends took notes on his relationship I would punch him in his face.

Like he would tell you....

"Hey, Tom, wanna see my notes on last night's fight with Marcy over where I've been for three hours?"

Bowser
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM
And am I the only one to catch Iowanian's stroy of some poor schlub in Alaska getting his wang chopped off, flushed down the crapper, floating in the turd infested sewer, fished out, and then re-attached?

:Lin:

The Bad Guy
02-20-2005, 09:01 PM

This is such a cripple fight that Jimmy and Timmy from South Park would laugh.

Bowser
02-20-2005, 09:02 PM
This is such a cripple fight that Jimmy and Timmy from South Park would laugh.

ROFL ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM

I meant more of:

"Feb. 22, 2005 -- got in a quick fight over last night.
Feb. 25, 2005 -- got in a fight because she thought I was too close.
March 1, 2005 -- got in a fight because she thought I was too distant.
March 2, 2005 -- I don't know what we were fighting about...god, I need a drink.
March 15, 2005 -- First time in a while...fought because I apparently have a 'drinking problem'.
...."

Of course that "Holy shit...this bitch has gone and lost her mind!" conclusion will arise, but I thought it best for him to figure it out on his own.

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 09:05 PM
*Iowanian doesn't speak teenage internet

TennHottyDPLuvr: u azhole
IIIdogNite: Whatchu talk bout, sweetness
TennHottyDPLuvr: I see'd ur cheifplanet talk
IIIdogNite: I tell my friends everthing
TennHottyDPLuvr:you didn't tell them about axidently put it in my dirty place did you
IIIdogNite:not yet,it wasn't fudgy or anything tho
TennHottyDPLuvr:thats fine, I'm comin live with you
TennHottyDPLuvr: when rich scanlon come over fer dp?
IIIdogNite: Dp? I don't even like nachos.
TennHottyDPLuvr: you luv me tho, next time I bring my tool box of luv.
IIIdogNite: want to get mareyd?
TennHottyDPLuvr:ok luvr, we both hab herpe now anyways
IIIdogNite: Lets have baby live with my dad
TennHottyDPLuvr: ok, you such a sweet talkr
IIIdogNite: you go tell Chiefplanet how I make good sweetlov down by fire.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 09:09 PM
IIIdogNite... that's awesome. ROFL

Bowser
02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
TennHottyDPLuvr? ROFL

Damn you, let me spread some rep..........

Claynus
02-20-2005, 09:12 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Iowanian again.

FloridaChief
02-20-2005, 09:13 PM
IIIdogNite: Lets have baby live with my dad

Wanna bet RoyII's not sweating this very thing right now?

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Wanna bet RoyII's not sweating this very thing right now?

The whole reason we haven't seen him on here yet is cause he probably had a heartattack just think'n about RoyIV.

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 09:16 PM
IIIdogNite: hey sweet bebe schmoopy
TennHottyDPLuvr: I saw the rest of what you put on chiefplanet
IIIdogNite: wasn't me
TennHottyDPLuvr:Yes it was
IIIdogNite: ok but i was just telling 2 guys
TennHottyDPLuvr:its on the internet, everyone can see it
IIIdogNite: they won't tell anyone
TennHottyDPLuvr: I can't believe you told them about my medically engineered female genitals
IIIdogNite: i just axed wat a secks change wuz
TennHottyDPLuvr: and you had 5 other girlfriends at the same time?
IIIdogNite: I didn't meen to ask if its sposed ta smell like fish
TennHottyDPLuvr: well I'm upset......you send big dolla flowers
IIIdogNite: Daddylions don't come out til summer
TennHottyDPLuvr: No More Good thing for you until you pologize
IIIdogNite: Iowanian told me tell you "Spare rod, spoil Broad"
TennHottyDPLuvr: It doesn't happen to every guy, size Does matter, and yes finishing too quick IS a big deal
TennHottyDPLuvr: Aunt Flo late this month 48 days. You get bill in mail.
TennHottyDPLuvr: Don't come down this weekend.........I have big dayt with new inernet boyfrined Skinsbra....He know how talk romans wif lady

[enter Chiefsplanet Stage Left]
vb script NewLine & Create New Thread
"How do you guys deal with Broken Heart, Git Girlfriend back?"

newline1
"screwYOU SKINSBRA, Girlfriend Stealer"

Cochise
02-20-2005, 09:32 PM
TennHottyDPLuvr: Don't come down this weekend.........I have big dayt with new inernet boyfrined Skinsbra...

ROFL

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 09:35 PM
[QUOTE=Iowanian]
Are Her pants easier to get into than Community College?

If yes, assume that during your marraige, as many guys will pass through both gates.

QUOTE]

I just realized how this could make Dense's hubby feel.

htismaqe
02-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Just more of Roy that's destined for the CP Hall of Fame...

stumppy
02-20-2005, 09:38 PM
IIIdogNite: hey sweet bebe schmoopy
TennHottyDPLuvr: I saw the rest of what you put on chiefplanet
IIIdogNite: wasn't me
TennHottyDPLuvr:Yes it was
IIIdogNite: ok but i was just telling 2 guys
TennHottyDPLuvr:its on the internet, everyone can see it
IIIdogNite: they won't tell anyone
TennHottyDPLuvr: I can't believe you told them about my medically engineered female genitals
IIIdogNite: i just axed wat a secks change wuz
TennHottyDPLuvr: and you had 5 other girlfriends at the same time?
IIIdogNite: I didn't meen to ask if its sposed ta smell like fish
TennHottyDPLuvr: well I'm upset......you send big dolla flowers
IIIdogNite: Daddylions don't come out til summer
TennHottyDPLuvr: No More Good thing for you until you pologize
IIIdogNite: Iowanian told me tell you "Spare rod, spoil Broad"
TennHottyDPLuvr: It doesn't happen to every guy, size Does matter, and yes finishing too quick IS a big deal
TennHottyDPLuvr: Aunt Flo late this month 48 days. You get bill in mail.
TennHottyDPLuvr: Don't come down this weekend.........I have big dayt with new inernet boyfrined Skinsbra....He know how talk romans wif lady

[enter Chiefsplanet Stage Left]
vb script NewLine & Create New Thread
"How do you guys deal with Broken Heart, Git Girlfriend back?"

newline1
"screwYOU SKINSBRA, Girlfriend Stealer"

ROFLROFLROFL
Too many good lines to pick just one.
Laughing my fuggin ass off.

III, quit thinking with your little head and start using the big head.

royr17
02-20-2005, 10:00 PM
This thread is just gettin me laughed at .......... I knew it was a bad idea, i should've listened to my instincts.

|Zach|
02-20-2005, 10:01 PM
This thread is just gettin me laughed at .......... I knew it was a bad idea, i should've listened to my instincts.
I have no idea how you didn't see this coming. It is actually not as bad as I figured it would be.

KcMizzou
02-20-2005, 10:03 PM
This thread is just gettin me laughed at .......... I knew it was a bad idea, i should've listened to my instincts.Bah... you know we're just havin' a little fun. No harm meant.

But seriously... don't get married.

lardass
02-20-2005, 10:21 PM
This kid keeps paying off, I can't lurk any longer...

So Roy III, here's a thought, get out of your parents' place, get a job/education or both... then worry about marriage. Or if you're intent on ****ing your life up, get married now.

In any case, please for the love of god, double, hell triple bag that thing. I have seen more than enough to understand that reproduction is not in your best interest or the interest of society at large.

unlurking
02-20-2005, 10:22 PM
How long were you dating?
About a year plus living together for almost a year, so I guess almost 2 years.

I know it is a "sin", but I honestly think a couple living together before they get married is a great idea, as it gives them an understanding of what they are getting into.

skinbra
02-20-2005, 10:31 PM

roy she myn now yuo bak of ar it byt yuo en yuo ass. Skinbra mayk yuo promus you leef an yuo be frens yuo no leef an we rasle. you me rasle.

Phobia
02-20-2005, 10:32 PM

Thanks for posting. Heh heh. Welcome to the site.

Rausch
02-20-2005, 10:32 PM
But I wanna get started early in startin a family, so what are the do's and dont's in marriage ???

Do talk about it, DON'T do it...

Valiant
02-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Ok lets start here.

I need some help with some things i need to know on gettin married, the do's, the dont's, the things you need to know about that.

I see you guys here some are married some arent so the ones that know stuff i need to know let me know about it.

So what are the things i should know about it, cause i dont wanna wait my whole life to get married, i actually wanna be married before i turn 26 which is 6 years from now.

Talk about how you love getting anal sex with your dad...

Rausch
roy she myn now yuo bak of ar it byt yuo en yuo ass. Skinbra mayk yuo promus you leef an yuo be frens yuo no leef an we rasle. you me rasle. ROFL

unlurking

So Roy III, here's a thought, get out of your parents' place, get a job/education or both... then worry about marriage. Or if you're intent on ****ing your life up, get married now.

In any case, please for the love of god, double, hell triple bag that thing. I have seen more than enough to understand that reproduction is not in your best interest or the interest of society at large.
Ya know, considering the position I'm in now, I have to laugh at all the people saying young marriages are disasters. I'm going into my 13th year, and most of mine and my wife's friends and family gave us 6 months.

It all depends on the type of person you are. If you're willing to work 60+ hours a week (which I've done for the last decade and a half (averaging a 1 hour commute each way) just to support your family, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Age is not the issue, it's the realization that a family is a job. If you're willing to work hard and swalllow some shit every now and then, the paycheck makes it well worth it. If you're not willing to put in the effort and are too concentrated on the "me-first" attitude, don't blame age or anything else.

lardass
02-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Ya know, considering the position I'm in now, I have to laugh at all the people saying young marriages are disasters. I'm going into my 13th year, and most of mine and my wife's friends and family gave us 6 months.

It all depends on the type of person you are. If you're willing to work 60+ hours a week (which I've done for the last decade and a half (averaging a 1 hour commute each way) just to support your family, it doesn't matter how old you are.

Age is not the issue, it's the realization that a family is a job. If you're willing to work hard and swalllow some shit every now and then, the paycheck makes it well worth it. If you're not willing to put in the effort and are too concentrated on the "me-first" attitude, don't blame age or anything else.

I donít recall saying anything about an age requirement for marriage that somehow makes a marriage work. I do recall saying something about considering marriage while unemployed and living with your parents. To me, those would pose the larger issues. If you are young and able to care for yourself, then go ahead and take on responsibility for another life and possibly more lives if you have kids.

Marriages present and fail in a lot of different forms. However, I think anyone who is thinking clearly understands when it is even possible to consider marriage and when it should be out of the question.

badgirl
02-20-2005, 10:57 PM
I donít recall saying anything about which age makes a marriage work. I do recall saying something about considering marriage while unemployed and living with your parents. To me, those would pose the larger issues. If you are young and able to care for yourself, then go ahead and take on responsibility for another life and possibly more lives if you have kids.

Marriages present and fail in a lot of different forms. However, I think anyone who is thinking clearly understands when it is even possible to consider marriage and when it should be out of the question.
:clap: good call

Iowanian
02-20-2005, 10:58 PM
roy she myn now yuo bak of ar it byt yuo en yuo ass. Skinbra mayk yuo promus you leef an yuo be frens yuo no leef an we rasle. you me rasle.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! this thread is now complete.

unlurking
02-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I donít recall saying anything about an age requirement for marriage that somehow makes a marriage work. I do recall saying something about considering marriage while unemployed and living with your parents. To me, those would pose the larger issues. If you are young and able to care for yourself, then go ahead and take on responsibility for another life and possibly more lives if you have kids.

You are correct. Looking back at my post (and your's that I quoted), I realized that your post is not the one I meant to quote.

My apologies. At this point, I don't remember which one of the "don't get married 'til your 30" posts I meant to quote.

Sorry 'bout that, my post still stands in referenc to 80% of the posts on this thread, just not yours!

:)

lardass
02-20-2005, 11:03 PM
Thats cool, I pretty much just felt like fighting with someone tonight and that was there. :)

unlurking
02-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Thats cool, I pretty much just felt like fighting with someone tonight and that was there. :)
ROFL

That's why I spent an hour or so in the DC forum today. I try not too, but if you feel like talking some smaque, it's a great release!

I may be a dick, but when I make a mistake (in other words something I can't cover up or explain away), I'll admit it.

;)

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 11:12 PM

"Losing is the first step toward success."

Basically, if you start out at a high spot and either stay up there or even increase your standings, then the whole family would be hit dangerously hard when things get bad. One who wants success needs to learn what it's like to be near rock bottom...needs to know how to climb out of that situation. Starting a marriage at rock bottom would be tough, but would be a lot more lasting once the couple climbs out of that low position.

unlurking
02-20-2005, 11:16 PM

Basically, if you start out at a high spot and either stay up there or even increase your standings, then the whole family would be hit dangerously hard when things get bad. One who wants success needs to learn what it's like to be near rock bottom...needs to know how to climb out of that situation. Starting a marriage at rock bottom would be tough, but would be a lot more lasting once the couple climbs out of that low position.
OMG

You just said something that I totally agree with. I think the world must be coming to an end.

The wife and I went to hell and back the first few years, but our relationship has now been forged in the hottest fires known to god and man.

lardass
02-20-2005, 11:16 PM

That is possibly one way to look at it but I tend to think if you start out at the bottom and fail to achieve, it's going to get ugly. If everything goes well, then it's likely you'd have two people who have survived a lot and can handle whatever life throws at their marriage. Unfortunately, the reality is that most relationships would probably blow up long before that point was ever reached. Well I should I say in my situation, there is only so much I have been willing to overcome before I would gladly write the whole deal off before becoming further vested. Every meaningful relationship has it's conflicts and problems but some relationships have much more challenging circumstances and greater risks. It's all about the people in the relationship, but if one or both of those people arent disciplined enough to get a job and move out of your parents' home... fill in the blanks when it comes to overcoming serious conflict in a relationship.

Rausch
02-20-2005, 11:20 PM
That is possibly one way to look at it but I tend to think if you start out at the bottom and fail to achieve, it's going to get ugly. If everything goes well, then it's likely you'd have two people who have survived a lot and can handle whatever life throws at their marriage. Unfortunately, the reality is that most relationships would probably blow up long before that point was ever reached. Well I should I say in my situation, there is only so much I have been willing to overcome before I would gladly right the whole deal off before becoming further vested. Every meaningful relationship has it's conflicts and problems but some relationships have much more challenging circumstances and greater risks. It's all about the people in the relationship, but if you arent disciplined enough to get a job and move out of your parents' home... fill in the blanks when it comes to overcoming serious conflict in a relationship.

More relationships end due to the baggage and bull$3it people carry with them than any hardship the world has to offer...

lardass
02-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I think relationships fail for a variety of reasons; it's too hard to pinpoint exactly which ones are more prevalent but I tend to agree with that assessment.

beavis
02-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I think your instincts are what have gotten you into this pickle.

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 11:37 PM
That is possibly one way to look at it but I tend to think if you start out at the bottom and fail to achieve, it's going to get ugly. If everything goes well, then it's likely you'd have two people who have survived a lot and can handle whatever life throws at their marriage. Unfortunately, the reality is that most relationships would probably blow up long before that point was ever reached. Well I should I say in my situation, there is only so much I have been willing to overcome before I would gladly right the whole deal off before becoming further vested. Every meaningful relationship has it's conflicts and problems but some relationships have much more challenging circumstances and greater risks. It's all about the people in the relationship, but if you arent disciplined enough to get a job and move out of your parents' home... fill in the blanks when it comes to overcoming serious conflict in a relationship.

If things get ugly because of a failure to achieve, then obviously the marriage should not have been started in the first place. The sanctity of marriage may have been crushed into the ground and pissed on long ago, but there is still some shred of hope left for it. That hope lies within the few marriages that really can withstand anything...even then the marriage may not be one that should have been made, but at least it would be close enough to keep that last shred of hope and dignity alive.
As for the part about being disciplined, I can only agree to a small extent. If the marriage was a right marriage and founded on the right basis, then what discipline a person had before doesn't matter. For instance, if a person was extrodinarily lazy and was all of a sudden able to get up at three in the morning every day to work on a loading dock for 15 hours simply because that person was motivated enough by just being able to see one other person literally for one second a month, then there's one helluva good chance that that marriage was founded completely correctly.

lardass
02-20-2005, 11:43 PM
As for the part about being disciplined, I can only agree to a small extent. If the marriage was a right marriage and founded on the right basis, then what discipline a person had before doesn't matter. For instance, if a person was extrodinarily lazy and was all of a sudden able to get up at three in the morning every day to work on a loading dock for 15 hours simply because that person was motivated enough by just being able to see one other person literally for one second a month, then there's one helluva good chance that that marriage was founded completely correctly.

I think thats a really optimistic way to look at it...

I can only say I personally am not interested in motivating somebody to get up every morning and get a job, then pushing that person to go to that job every day. That doesnt interest me at all and I suspect it doesnt interest most people. The other problem with that, is this mentality carries over into other areas of that person's life. For whatever reason if a person is unwilling to work and earn a living on their own, they arent going to handle a lot of the other necessary business in their life. Talk about baggage...

Sure there always exceptions, but I would prefer to stick with the example available to us and for that matter what most people in that situation typically manage to do. Hopefully by the time a person is ready to consider marriage or even a serious relationship, they have come to terms with the fact that they cannot sit on their ass all day and mooch off of their parents.

J Diddy
02-20-2005, 11:45 PM

I can only say I personally am not interested in motivating somebody to get up every morning and get a job, then pushing that person to go to that job every day. That doesnt interest me at all and I suspect it doesnt interest most people. The other problem with that, is this mentality carries over into other areas of that person's life. For whatever reason if a person is unwilling to work and earn a living on their own, they arent going to handle a lot of the other necessary business in their life. Talk about baggage...

Sure there always exceptions, but I would prefer to stick with the example available to us and for that matter what most people in that situation typically manage to do. Hopefully by the time a person is ready to consider marriage or even a serious relationship, they have come to terms with the fact that they cannot sit on their ass all day and mooch off of their parents.

sh#t, didn't even occur to me to mooch off my parents.

:banghead:

lardass
02-20-2005, 11:47 PM
sh#t, didn't even occur to me to mooch off my parents.

:banghead:

D'oh! :)

unlurking
02-20-2005, 11:49 PM
I agree somewhat. For me, a dependant child was motivation to change my lifestyle. Some people just can't be motivated to past themselves.

Marriages fail because of the people involved, not the stresses life throw at them. You are either strong enough to handle life or you are not. That doesn't change with age, only the "stresses" do.

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 11:51 PM
More relationships end due to the baggage and bull$3it people carry with them than any hardship the world has to offer...

I think relationships fail for a variety of reasons; it's too hard to pinpoint exactly which ones are more prevalent but I tend to agree with that assessment.

Good analysis to both of you, but I would have to say that ya gotta look at the reason for all of that. There's one common reason and it happens to the vast majority of marriages today: infatuation. It's the one thing that causes all failed marriages. We all know how it starts out...two people date for a while, think they really know each other and what it would be like to live together for so long, but they still don't have that special connection. They're still attracted to other people, they find out things about one anothers' "past life" that scare the living $3it outta them, and other signs of the foolish relationship. And FWIW, I hate the misconception that infatuations are always extremely shortlived, so I'm just gonna put this out there before we have unneeded posts that lead to it: an infatuation is defined as a foolish relationship and can last anywhere from 5 seconds to 500 years....

Rausch
02-20-2005, 11:52 PM
Marriages fail because of the people involved, not the stresses life throw at them. You are either strong enough to handle life or you are not. That doesn't change with age, only the "stresses" do.

Exactly.

And to be frank, stress isn't origninal. Everyone has to pay bills, suffer the death of friends and family, temptation to cheat, and odds are at least one twisted parent.

The only difference is how extreme each catagory is...

J Diddy
02-20-2005, 11:54 PM
Exactly.

And to be frank, stress isn't origninal. Everyone has to pay bills, suffer the death of friends and family, temptation to cheat, and odds are at least one twisted parent.

My goal is to be the extreme twisted parent.

I think I'm half way home.

lardass
02-20-2005, 11:55 PM
Most relationships that fail were originally based on infatuation and lust whereas solid relationships are dependant on something beyond liking your partner. That is certainly the basis of understanding why relationships fail, people do not have realistic understandings and expectations about what they are getting into and who they are getting into it with. Some people even have trouble understanding who they are and what they are all about, let alone someone else. All of these things contribute to failures in relationships. It takes a pair of really honest people to do it right, it's perfectly understandable to see why these things fail.

Rausch
02-20-2005, 11:57 PM
My goal is to be the extreme twisted parent.

I think I'm half way home.

I'm six shades of twisted, I just don't feel any urge to be a parent.

But I'd make one helluva' twisted Uncle or Godfather... :)

J Diddy
02-20-2005, 11:58 PM

The Pedestrian
02-20-2005, 11:59 PM

Oh, if we're going to stick to talking about the specified relationship, then I'll tell you right now that there's a 78% chance that they won't even be going out once the two years is up...granted that they actually get together very often; otherwise, that would be reduced to a 49% chance, and even then I'm being optimistic for III's sake. I was just saying that conditions before marriage don't normally mean anything and that people should start their marriage at rock bottom more often.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:00 AM
There's one common reason and it happens to the vast majority of marriages today: infatuation. It's the one thing that causes all failed marriages. We all know how it starts out...two people date for a while, think they really know each other and what it would be like to live together for so long, but they still don't have that special connection. They're still attracted to other people, they find out things about one anothers' "past life" that scare the living $3it outta them, and other signs of the foolish relationship.

Gotta disagree with you on this one.

I have never met anyone in a long term relationship who hasn't "met someone".

The one thing that gets me, is all the people that think that if you are truly in love with someone you can't have strong feelings for anyone else. That's bullshit. It's the strength to resist that temptation, because EVERYONE goes through it. It's when someone realizes that there current family is more important than banging the flavor of the week.

The real problem is appreciating what you have. You will ALWAYS be attracted to other people, that's human nature.

J Diddy
02-21-2005, 12:00 AM

Man, I got 4 kids. Each one adding to the dementia. However, now I know who to pm if I need someone to wake up with a horse head in their bed.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Exactly.

Yep, the strength is in realizing that everything in life worth having must be worked for, including relationships. There is no fairy tail ending (although the more you appreciate what you have, the easier the job).

Rausch
02-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Man, I got 4 kids. Each one adding to the dementia. However, now I know who to pm if I need someone to wake up with a horse head in their bed.

Oh, I'm not that kind of twisted.

My g/f has 4 kids, and when they lived here it was friggen bootcamp for 'em.

They weren't bad kids by any means, but they definitley took advantage of the fact that mom was single and working a lot.

The boy was her youngest, and the other 3 were girls, so arse whoop'ns were out of the equation. I might be off center, but I'm not hitting a pre-teen girl.

So there was "corner time."

Face in the corner, raise your arms the whole time. Your elbows drop below your shoulders it's another 5 minutes. Each time you have to go in the corner it's 5 minutes more than the last time.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:19 AM
Most relationships that fail were originally based on infatuation and lust whereas solid relationships are dependant on something beyond liking your partner. That is certainly the basis of understanding why relationships fail, people do not have realistic understandings and expectations about what they are getting into and who they are getting into it with. Some people even have trouble understanding who they are and what they are all about, let alone someone else. All of these things contribute to failures in relationships. It takes a pair of really honest people to do it right, it's perfectly understandable to see why these things fail.

You're being too lenient on your definitions and contexts.... ALL relationships that fail were originally based on infatuation and lust. Solid relationships are those that go into completely healthy marriages and are founded on love. I'm not talking about the little teeny-bopper definition of love, I'm talking about the real concept. Now, I'll admit that a lot of people find my definition too strong, but I never really understood how the strongest feeling can have a definition any weaker than what I give it. Basically, my definition splits everything up into what I call the laws of love: 1) you're not attracted to anyone but the person you're in love with--that covers both mentally and physically. 2) you would go through an eternity of torment just to see the person you love for a split-second. 3) you would do absolutely anything for that person without asking or wanting anything in return--a.k.a. "love has no conditions". 4) you would go through the worst pain imaginable for a trillion years just to know for one second that the one you love is okay. /// There's still a lot that I'm leaving out, but those are the four that I can state without creating an essay.

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:21 AM
I agree, I got married when I was 18 and we both grew up and we were different people than when we got married, I was married 13 years and the last few years I was unhappy and so was he (i think)
Put marriage off till you are grown and see who YOU are before bringing someone else into the picture.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Gotta disagree with you on this one.

I have never met anyone in a long term relationship who hasn't "met someone".

The one thing that gets me, is all the people that think that if you are truly in love with someone you can't have strong feelings for anyone else. That's bullshit. It's the strength to resist that temptation, because EVERYONE goes through it. It's when someone realizes that there current family is more important than banging the flavor of the week.

The real problem is appreciating what you have. You will ALWAYS be attracted to other people, that's human nature.

Once you meet the person you love, there's no need to resist temptation because the temptation is gone. You don't have feelings for any other person but the one you love...it's as if you've gained so much strength to resist temptation that the temptation itself just gave up and went on to someone else.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:28 AM
You're being too lenient on your definitions and contexts.... ALL relationships that fail were originally based on infatuation and lust. Solid relationships are those that go into completely healthy marriages and are founded on love. I'm not talking about the little teeny-bopper definition of love, I'm talking about the real concept. Now, I'll admit that a lot of people find my definition too strong, but I never really understood how the strongest feeling can have a definition any weaker than what I give it. Basically, my definition splits everything up into what I call the laws of love: 1) you're not attracted to anyone but the person you're in love with--that covers both mentally and physically. 2) you would go through an eternity of torment just to see the person you love for a split-second. 3) you would do absolutely anything for that person without asking or wanting anything in return--a.k.a. "love has no conditions". 4) you would go through the worst pain imaginable for a trillion years just to know for one second that the one you love is okay. /// There's still a lot that I'm leaving out, but those are the four that I can state without creating an essay.
Your "inexperience" is showing.

People who believe in your "law #1" are most likely to fail in a relationship when they realize they are human and sexually attracted to others.

"Oh, it must not be real love if Jenna Jameson can still give me a stiffy."

Haven't read the other "laws" yet, this one was enough of a bullshit call to remind me you are a teenager that doesn't know anything about life yet.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:30 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Man, you are one dumb ass mofo.

So, still waiting for you story book wedding where you'll go riding in on "your favorite pony"?

For your own good, please stop believing this BS, otherwise you'll be dumping girlfriends/wives your entire life and rationalizing with the woody in your pants.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I agree, I got married when I was 18 and we both grew up and we were different people than when we got married, I was married 13 years and the last few years I was unhappy and so was he (i think)
Put marriage off till you are grown and see who YOU are before bringing someone else into the picture.
Or, grow together?

Age doesn't matter. Your personal responsibility is already defined by the time your 18 or 20.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:33 AM

Way to break Maslow's Pyramid...that's okay, I always hated Maslow anyway. :)

Depending on what type of "grown" you mean, I would say that I completely agree with you. I believe that self-actualization is needed to open one's eyes to so many facts, but even with that comes a couple of screwed up relationships...normally because one's eyes aren't completely open (metaphorically speaking, that is.)

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Way to break Maslow's Pyramid...that's okay, I always hated Maslow anyway. :)

Depending on what type of "grown" you mean, I would say that I completely agree with you. I believe that self-actualization is needed to open one's eyes to so many facts, but even with that comes a couple of screwed up relationships...normally because one's eyes aren't completely open (metaphorically speaking, that is.)
Jesus christ this shit is f*cking retarded.

Self-actualization?
True Love?

Grow the f*ck up and realize that ALL relationships only give you back what you put into it. This is teenage absurdity. You obviously know nothing about real relationships.

:(

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Your "inexperience" is showing.

People who believe in your "law #1" are most likely to fail in a relationship when they realize they are human and sexually attracted to others.

"Oh, it must not be real love if Jenna Jameson can still give me a stiffy."

Haven't read the other "laws" yet, this one was enough of a bullshit call to remind me you are a teenager that doesn't know anything about life yet.

Do not even attempt to battle me on this. I know for a fact that the first law is both possible and probable even with humans.

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:38 AM

Self-actualization?
True Love?

Grow the f*ck up and realize that ALL relationships only give you back what you put into it. This is teenage absurdity. You obviously know nothing about real relationships.

I don't beleive many marriages will last when you get married young for the same reason I put in my other post. :shake:

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Do not even attempt to battle me on this. I know for a fact that the first law is both possible and probable even with humans.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!
ROFL!!!!!!!!!

AND JUST HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED?!?!?!?!

KcMizzou
02-21-2005, 12:40 AM
ROFL

This thread is funny again... but for completely different reasons than before.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:40 AM
I don't beleive many marriages will last when you get married young for the same reason I put in my other post. :shake:

I didn't have a problem with your post (trying to bring reality to the discussion). My problem was with Mr. CareBears belief in being the princess bride.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:43 AM

Self-actualization?
True Love?

If you want to be in some piss-poor relationship that's based on infatuation and lust, then yes, you only get out what you put in. That is a fact of life, and so many people go for it because they have all lost sight of what love really is. They think that they can find it just because they went through all of the relationship stuff in highschool and college...they think that they can find it just because they're in the "real world"...that is why it's so rare to find love anymore and why people would just jump to the conclusion that it's human nature to be infatuatious and filled with lust.

tk13
02-21-2005, 12:44 AM
I'm not reading all this drivel. Has this thread devolved into a 17 year old who is the youngest active member of the board explaining to everyone the inner workings of relationships? :)

KcMizzou
02-21-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm not reading all this drivel. Has this thread devolved into a 17 year old who is the youngest active member of the board explaining to everyone the inner workings of relationships? :)

Yes... again.

ROFL

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:46 AM
I didn't have a problem with your post (trying to bring reality to the discussion). My problem was with Mr. CareBears belief in being the princess bride.
That who I meant to read it, I knew you weren't throwing it at me, I was just getting your back on the subject. I fully agree :thumb:

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:47 AM
If you want to be in some piss-poor relationship that's based on infatuation and lust, then yes, you only get out what you put in. That is a fact of life, and so many people go for it because they have all lost sight of what love really is. They think that they can find it just because they went through all of the relationship stuff in highschool and college...they think that they can find it just because they're in the "real world"...that is why it's so rare to find love anymore and why people would just jump to the conclusion that it's human nature to be infatuatious and filled with lust.
And just how many relationships have you been in after puberty?

And what do you know of "the real world"?

KcMizzou
02-21-2005, 12:47 AM
... special thanks to Grandllama

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:48 AM
... special thanks to Grandllama
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

ROFL

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:49 AM

Marriages don't have a good chance of lasting long no matter what age you are...doesn't really matter what time period you're from either.

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 12:50 AM
I could have warned you all about this. Next, he'll be giving 20-year smokers advice on how to kick the habit...

|Zach|
02-21-2005, 12:50 AM
ROFL

This thread is funny again... but for completely different reasons than before.
Indeed.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:51 AM
Oh, forgot to mention that my "piss-poor relationship that's based on infatuation and lust" just ended up in me spending almost 7k on a new wedding ring for my wife because I just lust after her and have no love for her.

I'll guarantee you this, my relationship will last longer than ALL of yours combined.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Marriages don't have a good chance of lasting long no matter what age you are...doesn't really matter what time period you're from either.
Of course not if you expect it to be like a f*cking hollywood teenage girl romance flick.

Moron.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 12:53 AM
And just how many relationships have you been in after puberty?

And what do you know of "the real world"?

Wow, you completely missed the point...:rolleyes:

I suppose I'll answer, but just promise to go back and get the point of that previous post, okay?

8, and enough.

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Oh, forgot to mention that my "piss-poor relationship that's based on infatuation and lust" just ended up in me spending almost 7k on a new wedding ring for my wife because I just lust after her and have no love for her.

I'll guarantee you this, my relationship will last longer than ALL of yours combined.
I don't know when they go bad its not worth any amount of money to stay and suffer the rest of your life over, you only live once don't waste it cause of money.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:54 AM
That who I meant to read it, I knew you weren't throwing it at me, I was just getting your back on the subject. I fully agree :thumb:
Ahh, OK, my bad.

Spank me?!

Oh god dammit!!!!!!!!

I must not really love my wife cuz I'm on here flirtin' with a stranger!!!!

;)

badgirl
02-21-2005, 12:56 AM
Ahh, OK, my bad.

Spank me?!

Oh god dammit!!!!!!!!

I must not really love my wife cuz I'm on here flirtin' with a stranger!!!!

;)
ROFL so whatcha gonna buy me if I flirt back? :hmmm: ROFL

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:57 AM
Wow, you completely missed the point...:rolleyes:

I suppose I'll answer, but just promise to go back and get the point of that previous post, okay?

8, and enough.
Damn!!!

You a player!!!

So if I told you you've had more relationships already than I have, who do you think has a better idea of keeping one solid?

Oh, and what is your point other than to talk shit about something you don't know about since 8 relationships after puberty (which is what, 3 years?) is OBVIOUSLY not a real relationship?

J Diddy
02-21-2005, 12:58 AM

I agree and disagree. My first wife I was married 3 months. Too young, didn't understand the committment I was making, nor did she.

A couple of years later, I got married again. We just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. It's going great.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 12:58 AM
ROFL so whatcha gonna buy me if I flirt back? :hmmm: ROFL
ROFL

Let me ask the wife if I can hawk her XMas present and get back to u!

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:00 AM
I don't know when they go bad its not worth any amount of money to stay and suffer the rest of your life over, you only live once don't waste it cause of money.
Going bad is one thing, and I don't expect anyone to be able to "fix" the other person or a relationship on their own. It's a two way street. But to expect a relationship to be perfect will end one quicker than anything else.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:02 AM

Please go back to "Reading and Comprehension"...it would take a lot fewer posts from both of us.

Anyway, love is not material, it is not conditional, and it doesn't take a ceremony with an official state license to make it exist. Also, I wasn't saying that you don't love your wife...you can call love whatever you want for whatever reasons you want. And about that last line, I'm going to point out my first post on this topic: "time does not matter. It is a misconception that infatuation is short-lived. An infatuation can last 5 seconds or 5 centuries."

unlurking
I agree and disagree. My first wife I was married 3 months. Too young, didn't understand the committment I was making, nor did she.

A couple of years later, I got married again. We just celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. It's going great.
Congratulations!

But here's a warning from chico, don't go in the girly thread cuz if you get a chub it means you don't really love her.

badgirl
Going bad is one thing, and I don't expect anyone to be able to "fix" the other person or a relationship on their own. It's a two way street. But to expect a relationship to be perfect will end one quicker than anything else.
Yep I agree again there are no perfect relationships, If your trying to make it a perfect one there will be a lot of lying and deceit going on and no conversation about shit that really does bother you.

Does this make any sense

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:04 AM

For clarification: No, I was merely stating a definition that I stated was always found to be "too extreme" by people. So unlurking is now trying to attack my definition of love...and it's not really getting anywhere because he refuses to remember what he's already read.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Man, this is comedy gold!!!!

I can be infatuated with my wife my entire life, but not be in love with her?!?!

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID MARRIAGES FAIL BASED ON INFATUATION AND NOT LOVE.

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID LOVE MEANS NEVER BEING PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AROUSED BY ANOTHER.

Don't talk shit about MY comprehension because you have no clue about the topic.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:07 AM
Yep I agree again there are no perfect relationships, If your trying to make it a perfect one there will be a lot of lying and deceit going on and no conversation about shit that really does bother you.

Does this make any sense
Makes a lot of sense to me.

Partners willing to work at a relationship to make each other happy is the true glue in my opinion.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:12 AM

I'm sorry, but you proved my point for me. Seriously, although it's less than one percent, there are those in their mid-teens that understand the committment just as there are those in their 50's and even 60's or 70's that still don't understand it (or probably just don't care about it).

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:13 AM
For clarification: No, I was merely stating a definition that I stated was always found to be "too extreme" by people. So unlurking is now trying to attack my definition of love...and it's not really getting anywhere because he refuses to remember what he's already read.
Hmm, guess I didn't read your "first law of love" did I?

"1) you're not attracted to anyone but the person you're in love with--that covers both mentally and physically."

SO ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT SAYING THAT I DO NOT LOVE MY WIFE BECAUSE I APPRECIATE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN'S BODY THAT IS NOT MY WIFE?!?!?!

Moron, the problem isn't that I didn't read your posts, it's that I did and took the time to point out your stupidity!!!

Oh, BTW, any married guys wanna find out if you really love your wife? Turn on TMC, Private Sex Club is on and it doesn't look bad for soft core!

;)

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm sorry, but you proved my point for me. Seriously, although it's less than one percent, there are those in their mid-teens that understand the committment just as there are those in their 50's and even 60's or 70's that still don't understand it (or probably just don't care about it).

What the f*ck IS your point beyond some mindless drivel about "idealized" love that you self-righteously proclaim is what relationships are all about?

Apparently you gleamed all of this knowledge from 8 failed attempts, huh?

EDIT:
Oh wait, now I get it. You are the 1% in their midteens that gets it but has yet to have a successfull relationship. I obviously don't get it even though I've been married longer than you've been having wet dreams.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Man, this is comedy gold!!!!

I can be infatuated with my wife my entire life, but not be in love with her?!?!

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID MARRIAGES FAIL BASED ON INFATUATION AND NOT LOVE.

YOU ARE THE ONE THAT SAID LOVE MEANS NEVER BEING PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AROUSED BY ANOTHER.

Don't talk shit about MY comprehension because you have no clue about the topic.

Yes, all marriages that fail are based on infatuation, but not all marriages based on infatuation fail. Do I have to draw a picture for you? And the part about not being aroused by another means that you are physically/emotionally aroused by the one you love and ONLY that person...but that's part of my definition, which I've already stated many people think is "too extreme"; I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, remember that. Now, as for your actual question: Yes, a person can be infatuated with their spouse for their entire life. An infatuation is defined as a "foolish relationship" and it does not have any specified limit...when certain factors are put in, an infatuation can keep burning for centuries, and that normally means: until one person dies.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:24 AM
I'd like to apologize for all the poor people who have had to read this thread.

My son is at that whiny pre-teen stage and it is all I can do sometimes to not want to smack some sense into him. I should know better than to argue with immortal and smarter than me teenagers.

This has turned into a pissing match between myself (who really should know better) and a child.

Anyways, back to the point of the thread...

Roy, take all the advice you can get from your elders (like waiting), but most of all you need to realize that any relationship you have in life will take work and dedication from both parties.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:25 AM
Hmm, guess I didn't read your "first law of love" did I?

"1) you're not attracted to anyone but the person you're in love with--that covers both mentally and physically."

SO ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT SAYING THAT I DO NOT LOVE MY WIFE BECAUSE I APPRECIATE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN'S BODY THAT IS NOT MY WIFE?!?!?!

Moron, the problem isn't that I didn't read your posts, it's that I did and took the time to point out your stupidity!!!

Oh, BTW, any married guys wanna find out if you really love your wife? Turn on TMC, Private Sex Club is on and it doesn't look bad for soft core!

;)

That's my definition based on facts and experience. You have your own experience going for you, so you have your own definition to work with.

BTW, FWIW, I find this defensiveness rather interesting...

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:27 AM
Yes, all marriages that fail are based on infatuation, but not all marriages based on infatuation fail. Do I have to draw a picture for you? And the part about not being aroused by another means that you are physically/emotionally aroused by the one you love and ONLY that person...but that's part of my definition, which I've already stated many people think is "too extreme"; I'm not trying to change your mind about anything, remember that. Now, as for your actual question: Yes, a person can be infatuated with their spouse for their entire life. An infatuation is defined as a "foolish relationship" and it does not have any specified limit...when certain factors are put in, an infatuation can keep burning for centuries, and that normally means: until one person dies.
Do you even see how retarded you are sounding?!

By YOUR definition, I do not love my wife and am in a "foolish relationship".

Get back to me in a decade with your successful relationship and then we'll talk.

tk13
02-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Oh, if we're going to stick to talking about the specified relationship, then I'll tell you right now that there's a 78% chance that they won't even be going out once the two years is up...granted that they actually get together very often; otherwise, that would be reduced to a 49% chance, and even then I'm being optimistic for III's sake. I was just saying that conditions before marriage don't normally mean anything and that people should start their marriage at rock bottom more often.
Okay, I was bored so I read a couple posts... 78%? 49%? WTF is this? Where in the hell are we getting random percentages from? Rain Man should have your genitals cut off for blantant abuse of statistics.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:30 AM
That's my definition based on facts and experience. You have your own experience going for you, so you have your own definition to work with.

BTW, FWIW, I find this defensiveness rather interesting...
Ahh yes, your VAST experience of EIGHT relationships in what, 3 years? Sounds like a very successful track record to me.

And I guess my "defensiveness" can be interesting to somebody that has just insulted me.

Next I guess I'll ask my 8 month old nephew on the strategies of aiming for the toilet when you're drunk.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:35 AM

Does this make any sense

In today's world? Yes, it makes perfect sense...a lot of lies and deceit would have to go into it. When two people figure out that it's about making one another happy without condition, then they'll be somewhat closer.

unlurking
02-21-2005, 01:36 AM
OK, I have to go have "foolish relations" with the woman I don't love now.

I'll check in later to see if there is any more wisdom from the teenage love doctor.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:39 AM
Okay, I was bored so I read a couple posts... 78%? 49%? WTF is this? Where in the hell are we getting random percentages from? Rain Man should have your genitals cut off for blantant abuse of statistics.

If it's a high chance, I give it a high percentile. If it's a moderate, I give it a moderate percentile. Think of it as a rough estimate.... :) :p

tk13
02-21-2005, 01:42 AM
If it's a high chance, I give it a high percentile. If it's a moderate, I give it a moderate percentile. Think of it as a rough estimate.... :) :p
Don't worry, I think there's a 100% chance you're way over your head here. Think of it as a rough estimate.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Do you even see how retarded you are sounding?!

By YOUR definition, I do not love my wife and am in a "foolish relationship".

Get back to me in a decade with your successful relationship and then we'll talk.

Do you even realize how childish you're sounding?

I'm just offering a simple definition of how I see love. Just because my definition clashes with yours is no reason to do, well this whole converstaion. I have my opinions, and you have yours. I can respect that, but please keep in mind that I'm still going to mention my view as well as I know you'll mention yours right after.

Now as for my experience, it's a long story that I'm not going to go over, but it's basically that I had to open my eyes after 9 girls to see who had been there for over a decade.

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 01:54 AM
Don't worry, I think there's a 100% chance you're way over your head here. Think of it as a rough estimate.

Perhaps, but I guess we'll find out in two years...and I'll be sure to find a way to remember to bring this thread back up so we can find out for certain if need be.

KcMizzou
02-21-2005, 01:59 AM
Perhaps, but I guess we'll find out in two years...and I'll be sure to find a way to remember to bring this thread back up so we can find out for certain if need be.You're getting married too?

Congrats! :toast:

tk13
02-21-2005, 02:04 AM
Perhaps, but I guess we'll find out in two years...and I'll be sure to find a way to remember to bring this thread back up so we can find out for certain if need be.
Most women don't care about numbers or none of this junk.... they either like you or they don't, looking for rhyme, reason, or explaination often times will cause you enough brain damage that your head will explode.

Over-Head
02-21-2005, 02:37 AM
My better half told me to tell you about
www.weddingchannel.com
SHE LOVES IT, and say's your significant other will too.
They send out emails saying stuff like "This is week 28 you should be doing such and such, or planning so and so."
You can
-compare wedding gowns, tux's
-prepare your budget
-manage guest list
-and more stuff than you can put in a few lines.

And trust me, our is comming up in Nov, i'm all too well fermiler with planing a wedding, this is my second time. :banghead:

BIG_DADDY
02-21-2005, 02:59 AM
1. Do act like a man. A hard core testosterone attitude will help you in selecting Mrs. right. The cream of the crop do not want some pussified guy who is just nice to them irregardless of what your mom might have told you. Women want a challenge which often times leads them to the bad boys.

2. Be different, telling her how much you want her like every other penis chasing her at the beginning only makes you like every one else. I got news for you, she already knows you want her just like every other guy with an once of testosterone if she is worth having. Be the guy she has to go after, be a challenge. I could spend a whole day on this subject but you get my drift.

3. Sex has got to be off the scale or forget going any further. Make sure a majority of the things that turn you on she likes too or you will wander later on.

4. Make sure you have a lot in common. Sex is very powerful but it will only take you so far.

5. Don't listen to what she says it doesn't mean shit. Watch what she does, that will tell you everything about who she is and how she will treat you.

6. Once you have found the special one get a preup. From a legal standpoint marriage is a contract. You would not enter into any other contract in life without having a written agreement, why should this be any different? The pain of being left with 33% of everything you ever worked for in your life (33% you, 33% her and 33% attorneys fees) along with paying a good chunk of everthing you earn for a long time to come and still having to chase the opportunity to know your own children should be an eye opener. If she really loves you having an mutual understanding of what your going into starting a family and living your life's together will not be an issue. If the prenup is an issue run for the hills unless she is totally rich and you are a bum.

7. Continue to be a challenge even after being married. Don't let her wear the pants and dictate the relationship or she will grow bored with you moving forward. Love her with all you have but still be the man and keep your sex life interesting. Women are very sexual, embrace that instead of being insecure and scolding her for revealing her naughty side. This will keep the sexual fire burning, trust me.

8. Last but certainly not least don't take a good woman's love for granted if you find it. Definitely let her know that how you feel about her and better yet show her. Don't change being what you are though, a man. This is a tricky one because many guys think they should turn over the reins and hand over the family jewels in an effort to show their undying love. I got news for ya pal, they don't want you to turn woosyfied and become their puppet. All this will do is cause them to lose interest and start looking for a real man somewhere else.

You can pay me later. This is the best advise anyone can ever give you take it to the bank. Better yet, notice how your buddies blow it by not following these basic things and make sure you do. Good luck.

ROYC75
02-21-2005, 06:47 AM
Ok lets start here.

OMG :eek: :shake: :rolleyes:

This should be interesting to read today when I get bored at work !

Ari Chi3fs
02-21-2005, 06:54 AM
fermiler :banghead:

Wow. I have to call the spelling police on that one.

Iowanian
02-21-2005, 07:01 AM
you fuggers took a perfectly good Dog Pile and turned it into something serious.

.....Right after Skinbra appeared.

Damn you...........Damn you all.

ROYC75
02-21-2005, 07:44 AM
WOW...... I took 40 minuteswhile at work this morning to read this ?

Dammit III ..........

You basically got the same damn advise from the planeteers as you got from me. ( outside of the pun ) Most of these guys had a good laugh at your expense. Some of them gave some very good advise to you , which sounds all to familiar. :harumph:

unlurking
02-21-2005, 07:56 AM
WOW...... I took 40 minuteswhile at work this morning to read this ?

Dammit III ..........

You basically got the same damn advise from the planeteers as you got from me. ( outside of the pun ) Most of these guys had a good laugh at your expense. Some of them gave some very good advise to you , which sounds all to familiar. :harumph:
ROFL!!!

Oh, thanks for sending out the Planet memo on what to say!

;)

Sounds like a good kid. At least he's asking for advice now, rather than after they've eloped.

el borracho
02-21-2005, 09:06 AM
Once you meet the person you love, there's no need to resist temptation because the temptation is gone. You don't have feelings for any other person but the one you love...it's as if you've gained so much strength to resist temptation that the temptation itself just gave up and went on to someone else.
This post is absolutely false.

FloridaChief
02-21-2005, 09:09 AM

What can you expect? Taking maritial advice from Slayer is akin to taking birth control recommendations from the Pope...

chiefs4me
02-21-2005, 09:09 AM

:banghead: damn and I missed it......oh where was I at...ROFL

Brock
02-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Here's my advice: Don't.

Phobia
02-21-2005, 09:14 AM
This thread is evidence why I want to beat the crap out of every kid under the age of 20.

ROYC75
02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
This thread is evidence why I want to beat the crap out of every kid under the age of 20.

Ya wanna start with kids under 21 first....OK .

The Pedestrian
02-21-2005, 09:17 AM

In whatever definition you may have, that may be false; however, I believe that because love is the absolute strongest feeling you can have for another person and because I've experienced such happen, that deserves to be part of my definition. Now does this mean I'm going to go searching? Hell no. With the hand I'm dealt, all I can do is go into meaningless infatuations, and I can accept that...sort of.

el borracho
02-21-2005, 09:18 AM
What can you expect? Taking maritial advice from Slayer is akin to taking birth control recommendations from the Pope...
Yeah, I am not surprised. I am just pointing it out in case Roy is actually reading this crap.

J Diddy
02-21-2005, 09:22 AM

Dude you got no idea.

Just let this thread die, and go download some porn.