PDA

View Full Version : OHH NO DEMS! The Economy keeps growing.

Bearcat2005
02-25-2005, 10:43 AM
Does this makes Dems happy? It should!

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050225/D88FIJC00.html

Economy Grows Better Than Expected

Email this Story

Feb 25, 8:35 AM (ET)

By JEANNINE AVERSA

(AP) The slight increase had been expected given that weekly claims had been declining in recent weeks....
Full Image

WASHINGTON (AP) - The economy grew at a solid 3.8 percent annual rate in the final quarter of 2004 - stronger than previously estimated- and an encouraging sign that the business expansion was firmly entrenched at the start of the new year.

The new reading on gross domestic product, released by the Commerce Department Friday, was better than the government's initial calculation made a month ago. That estimate showed the economy growing at a 3.1 percent pace.

The improvement reflected more robust spending by businesses on capital equipment and to build up inventories of goods. The trade deficit also was less of a drag on fourth-quarter growth than initially thought.

GDP, the broadest barometer of the country's economic health, measures the value of all goods and services produced within the United States.

The new fourth-quarter GDP figure also was better than the 3.5 percent growth rate that economists had forecast in advance of Friday's release by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Although economic growth in the final quarter of last year was a bit slower than the 4 percent pace measured in the third quarter, the performance was still solid.

For all of 2004, the economy expanded by 4.4 percent, the best showing in five years. This annual estimate was the same as first reported last month.

Amnorix
02-25-2005, 10:55 AM
err...why wouldn't it?

Cochise
02-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Most of them it does, some of them it doesn't.

Cue Denise to come into the thread, point out one minor detail that could be seen as negative, and act as though it negates the whole story. We're still doomed! DOOMED!

siberian khatru
02-25-2005, 10:59 AM
err...why wouldn't it?

You don't count. These threads are for moonbats only. :D

Amnorix
02-25-2005, 11:03 AM
You don't count. These threads are for moonbats only. :D

Oh, good. Thanks for clarifying. Yeah, I was rejected by the moonbats as being overly normal and sane. :shrug: :)

Bearcat2005
02-25-2005, 11:04 AM
err...why wouldn't it?
Anything that is good for Bush, Hard lefts on the planet either ignore or hate. Anything that is bad for Bush ( I don't know maybe for example Iraq war casulties) Hard lefts on this planet will post and post and well post some more about it, so I believe my conclusion is correct.

Bearcat2005
02-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Most of them it does, some of them it doesn't.

Cue Denise to come into the thread, point out one minor detail that could be seen as negative, and act as though it negates the whole story. We're still doomed! DOOMED!

Agreed we are all Doomed b/c of Bush's economic policies and because of his "agressive" war on terrorism......what was it Kerry said...oh yes..."we need to fight a more sensitive war on terror", at any rate yes Cochise the Dems are doomed! ROFL

Amnorix
02-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Anything that is good for Bush, Hard lefts on the planet either ignore or hate. Anything that is bad for Bush ( I don't know maybe for example Iraq war casulties) Hard lefts on this planet will post and post and well post some more about it, so I believe my conclusion is correct.

Work on developing a more well-rounded view of the opposition -- it will help you in the long run. Trust me.

Bearcat2005
02-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Work on developing a more well-rounded view of the opposition -- it will help you in the long run. Trust me.
:rolleyes:
Who the hell are you? I believe it is an accurate view of the HARD left like I said, I suggest you learn to read it may help you in the long run!

Calcountry
02-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Anything that is good for Bush, Hard lefts on the planet either ignore or hate. Anything that is bad for Bush ( I don't know maybe for example Iraq war casulties) Hard lefts on this planet will post and post and well post some more about it, so I believe my conclusion is correct.Just don't forget, this is a jobless economy.

Brock
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
With the philosophy of greed that this administration has displayed and their complete disregard for the needy, it is no surprise the rich keep getting richer. [/penchief]

Amnorix
02-25-2005, 04:02 PM
:rolleyes:
Who the hell are you? I believe it is an accurate view of the HARD left like I said, I suggest you learn to read it may help you in the long run!

Who am I? Just a guy with an unpronounceable name...

Calcountry
02-25-2005, 04:05 PM
With the philosophy of greed that this administration has displayed and their complete disregard for the needy, it is no surprise the rich keep getting richer. [/penchief]I don't know if I am rich yet but I was smart enough to realize Oil prices weren't sustainable at $30/bbl with war in Iraq looming and China growing so I bought some XOM at 40 bucks a share.

:p

Taco John
02-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I can attest to the economy improving... Just landed a new client, and the commissions are going to be sah-WEET!

Taco John
02-25-2005, 04:11 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Mr. Kotter
02-25-2005, 04:16 PM
I can attest to the economy improving... Just landed a new client, and the commissions are going to be sah-WEET!

So THAT'S why you've been a a good mood of late.

Congrats.

Hercules Rockefell
02-25-2005, 05:13 PM
I don't know if I am rich yet but I was smart enough to realize Oil prices weren't sustainable at $30/bbl with war in Iraq looming and China growing so I bought some XOM at 40 bucks a share.

:p

Got Phillips when it was at $11 per share.

:D

Chief Henry
02-25-2005, 05:17 PM

:D

sweet

Chief Henry
02-25-2005, 05:19 PM
Not only is the economy still humming along,
MSNBC is getting SMOKED in the TV Ratings.
Olberman only had 208,000 viewers.....HAR
www.drudgereport.com

SBK
02-26-2005, 01:03 AM
www.drudgereport.com (http://www.drudgereport.com)

That's 207,999 more than Donahue ever got on that station. ROFL

Calcountry
02-26-2005, 01:17 PM

:DTicker symbol?

Hercules Rockefell
02-26-2005, 01:56 PM
Ticker symbol?

COP

It's Conoco-Philips now

Calcountry
02-26-2005, 04:06 PM
COP

It's Conoco-Philips nowty

Cochise
02-28-2005, 09:39 AM
www.drudgereport.com

I really thought the American Communist Party was a larger viewership number than that.

Hey, he's almost down to the number of votes he needs to find in Ohio in his personal hand recount!

Chief Henry
02-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I really thought the American Communist Party was a larger viewership number than that.

Hey, he's almost down to the number of votes he needs to find in Ohio in his personal hand recount!

ROFL