PDA

View Full Version : DOWN THE MIDDLE GRBAC BLOWS IT AGAIN

Mark M
12-04-2000, 10:28 PM
What prompts a QB with 11 ticks on the clock to throw it down the middle with no timeouts left?

Sometimes I wonder about these guys....<P>

Luzap
12-04-2000, 10:31 PM
Marty:

The same thing that prompts a brain-dead coach to trust Schottenheimer & Stock to be able to present a game plan for their respective responsibilities..

mark

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Go Chiefs
12-04-2000, 10:31 PM
WTF was Gonzo doing in the middle anyway? Every F*CKING route should have been to the EZ or side line. F*CKING MORONS!!!<BR>

Stuckinbama
12-04-2000, 10:34 PM
BAD decision by the QB at another critical situation. The one thing that Elvis has NOT improved much at. Also, a BAD PLAY to brgon with. With 11 seconds left, Raye could have called 2 fades or something. Dan Fouts said it best when he said, "That's why the Chiefs have LOST 5 GAMES IN A ROW NOW."

Lurker Brett
12-04-2000, 10:36 PM
Everyone covered except TG, heat of battle, he throws to the only one open, not an excuse, just a reason. Grbac is far from the reason this team is 5-8. And who knows, it may have been called that way from the sidelines, we scored on it once.

KCWolfman
12-04-2000, 10:37 PM
Hey, I thought everyone was rooting for us to lose to get a good draft pick.

Seems like Elvis did you guys a favor.

Either you want us to lose or you don't. Make up your minds....

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

Moon§hiner
12-04-2000, 10:51 PM
Another Grbac brainfart.

Duck Dog
12-04-2000, 10:51 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If everyone on this team did their jobs as well as Grbac does his, we would win the Superbowl.

Luzap
12-04-2000, 10:54 PM
Guys:

While we are all ripping on Elvis, let's not forget All-Pro, long time vet, Will Shields pulling that bonehead False Start, kiiling the momentum!!

mark

------------------
KilGore is a noun, not a verb..

Stuckinbama
12-04-2000, 10:55 PM
Red with #4 is correct. The Chiefs did score on the same play in another game this year, so I would not be surprised if Raye did call it how we all saw it. Not surprising at all, Raye is fool.

redhed
12-04-2000, 10:57 PM
I can't wait for the half baked explanation of why he threw it. Gunther will say he wanted to throw it in the end zone but Raye talked him out of it. Grbac will say he can only throw it, he can't shed 3 tacklers and score to. Raye will say that he was trying to establish the intermediate routes. Peterson will say we won the most games in the nineties.

rkucera
12-05-2000, 06:34 AM
I agree that that play was stupid but I think there was another play earlier in the game that was even worse and is very telling about Grbac and our offense.
Grbac throws to Tony who is covered by THREE guys. The pass interference call was cheesy. Why in God's good name do you throw to a guy that is covered by THREE guys? Was there no one else open? Wouldn't that have been an opportunity to throw in to SINGLE coverage? What the hell is our problem?
Don't forget the poor throw on the very next play which was intercepted. Had he thrown that higher it was an easy TD for the Cat.

[This message has been edited by nmt1 (edited 12-05-2000).]