PDA

View Full Version : Morons ban girl from yearbook for wearing the Tux.

Taco John
02-25-2005, 04:56 PM
School Board Bans Photo Of Girl Wearing Tux

POSTED: 10:29 pm EST February 24, 2005

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0225/4231197.jpg

GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. -- After a spirited discussion over a photo of a girl wearing a tuxedo at Thursday's Clay County School Board meeting, the principal's decision to ban the picture from the Fleming Island High School yearbook stands.

Kelli Davis, 18, had her senior class photo taken in a tuxedo top and bow-tie outfit provided for boys rather than the gown-like drape and pearls provided for girls. The school's principal decided it could not appear in the yearbook because she didn't follow the dress code.

Kelli, a straight-A student with no discipline problems, is a self-proclaimed lesbian. She said she was uncomfortable to have her chest exposed in the photo.

"Because that's me, you know. That represents me. The drape does not," Davis said. "They're not accepting me, that's the whole reason we're here."

Davis denies it's about her sexual orientation, just about a student not following the rules.

"There's a dress code to follow -- a dress code expected for senior pictures in the yearbook, and she chose not to follow them. It's just that simple," Clay School Superintendent David Owens said.

More than half of the 24 people who addressed the controversy supported using Davis' picture in the yearbook, some applauding after Cindi Davis, the teen's mother, asked the board "What is so offensive about this tiny picture?"

Cindi Davis asked the school board not only to reverse the principal's decision on the photo, but to apologize for firing the yearbook editor, who voiced her support of publishing the photo.

While the board's ruling will keep the photo from appearing with other senior pictures, it will appear in the yearbook. Kelli's parents bought a two-page ad in the back of the book for $700, which will feature the picture.

http://www.local6.com/news/4232902/detail.html

Duck Dog
02-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Her own fault for not following the rules.

But, FTR, it's a stupid rule and the Principle and SB look ridiculous for ruling the way they did.

I liked the part about her parents buying the $700 ad. That is is just priceless that the picture will now be two pages big.

Taco John
02-25-2005, 06:00 PM
They actually fired the editor for ruling in favor of the girl...

Cochise
02-25-2005, 06:27 PM
hah, when I read the title for some reason I read "mormons ban girl..."

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
School Board Bans Photo Of Girl Wearing Tux

POSTED: 10:29 pm EST February 24, 2005

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0225/4231197.jpg

GREEN COVE SPRINGS, Fla. -- After a spirited discussion over a photo of a girl wearing a tuxedo at Thursday's Clay County School Board meeting, the principal's decision to ban the picture from the Fleming Island High School yearbook stands.

Kelli Davis, 18, had her senior class photo taken in a tuxedo top and bow-tie outfit provided for boys rather than the gown-like drape and pearls provided for girls. The school's principal decided it could not appear in the yearbook because she didn't follow the dress code.

Kelli, a straight-A student with no discipline problems, is a self-proclaimed lesbian. She said she was uncomfortable to have her chest exposed in the photo.

"Because that's me, you know. That represents me. The drape does not," Davis said. "They're not accepting me, that's the whole reason we're here."

Davis denies it's about her sexual orientation, just about a student not following the rules.

"There's a dress code to follow -- a dress code expected for senior pictures in the yearbook, and she chose not to follow them. It's just that simple," Clay School Superintendent David Owens said.

More than half of the 24 people who addressed the controversy supported using Davis' picture in the yearbook, some applauding after Cindi Davis, the teen's mother, asked the board "What is so offensive about this tiny picture?"

Cindi Davis asked the school board not only to reverse the principal's decision on the photo, but to apologize for firing the yearbook editor, who voiced her support of publishing the photo.

While the board's ruling will keep the photo from appearing with other senior pictures, it will appear in the yearbook. Kelli's parents bought a two-page ad in the back of the book for $700, which will feature the picture.

http://www.local6.com/news/4232902/detail.html

My question here is:

Who's the bigger moron....the school for banning her photo or the girl who used a pretty sad excuse to wear a tux.....

If she didn't want her boobs showing I am sure there are some pretty good ways to prevent that...i.e. a turtleneck, blouse completely buttoned to the top....this looks like it was an intentional fight that she was wanting to pick and the school bit on it.

mmaddog

Taco John
02-25-2005, 09:26 PM
Sad excuse to wear a tux? Why would she need an "excuse" period? That's just silly.

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Sad excuse to wear a tux? Why would she need an "excuse" period? That's just silly.

She said she wore a tux so her breasts wouldn't show in the picture...there are a million ways to keep her breasts from showing....

It's exactly what I said....a sad excuse to pick a fight.

mmaddog

mikey23545
02-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Another leftie attention whore...

Just move along, nothing to see here....

Mr. Laz
02-25-2005, 10:08 PM
her picture was a threat to our nation's family values

Mr. Laz
02-25-2005, 10:10 PM
She said she wore a tux so her breasts wouldn't show in the picture...there are a million ways to keep her breasts from showing....

It's exactly what I said....a sad excuse to pick a fight.

mmaddog

seems like the school is picking the fight and causing the attention

if they would of just let the stupid picture go nobody would of noticed or said sh!t.

StcChief
02-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Some folks wanting 15 min of fame. Please.
Lets see If we can shock the world.

Don't want her breasts to show? Gay dyke bitxh.
Probably not worth seeing anyway.l

How about a turtle neck with a blazer. That should do it.

Thig Lyfe
02-25-2005, 10:16 PM
She probably did the rest of the school a favor, actually.

Freekofnature
02-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Whats wrong with a Tux?

If anything, its probably the most conservative thing she could have worn.

Why would there be a policy against that?

Appalling

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 10:23 PM
seems like the school is picking the fight and causing the attention

if they would of just let the stupid picture go nobody would of noticed or said sh!t.

If you noticed I didn't cut the school any slack either....

Gimme one good reason she felt the absolute need to have to wear the tux....other than the sorry one she gave....let me guess...it would have compromised her gay/lesbian identity....her gay friends would have disowned her for buckling into the system and wearing "women's clothes" instead of something butch and masculine.

Face it Laz....this wasn't anything more than a play for attention and the school fell for it....but please quit acting like she is any less guilty.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 10:26 PM
Whats wrong with a Tux?

If anything, its probably the most conservative thing she could have worn.

Why would there be a policy against that?

Appalling

What's wrong with tradition or policy?

and wrong....the most conservative thing she could have done was wear a dress and follow tradition.

mmaddog

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 10:27 PM
her picture was a threat to our nation's family values

ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ

Saulbadguy
02-25-2005, 10:55 PM
On one hand, she did not follow the schools dress code. I've never heard of a school providing outfits for senior pictures though, that seems odd.

On the other hand, its a stupid reason why they did not include her picture.

I'd say both parties are equally..uh...stupid.

Logical
02-25-2005, 11:04 PM

How about a turtle neck with a blazer. That should do it.

Did no one read the article, the school provided a gown she was supposed to wear if I read it properly so adding a turtleneck also would have violated the dress code.

Mosbonian
02-25-2005, 11:08 PM
Did no one read the article, the school provided a gown she was supposed to wear if I read it properly so adding a turtleneck also would have violated the dress code.

Vlad:

Wanna bet that, had she voiced her objections to showing her breasts, something would have been worked out between her and the school?

You cannot believe that she wasn't aching for a fight....

mmaddog

alanm
02-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Let's face it. Some Lesbians just don't look good in a Tux. :shake: ROFL

Talisman
02-25-2005, 11:44 PM
Can a lesbian get straight A's? :hmmm:

Mr. Laz
02-26-2005, 12:18 AM
i missed that part ...

makes a difference actually... if all the girls were supposed to wear the same thing... the same gown provided by the school then that makes it a more relevant rule.

:hmmm:

makes her look more like a pain in the @ss too

Pitt Gorilla
02-26-2005, 12:23 AM
Actually, the Huston papers made it illegal for a girl to wear a tux.

Taco John
02-26-2005, 12:53 AM
What's wrong with tradition or policy?

and wrong....the most conservative thing she could have done was wear a dress and follow tradition.

mmaddog

Why follow tradition you don't connect with?

Taco John
02-26-2005, 12:54 AM
On one hand, she did not follow the schools dress code. I've never heard of a school providing outfits for senior pictures though, that seems odd.

On the other hand, its a stupid reason why they did not include her picture.

I'd say both parties are equally..uh...stupid.

http://www.walksydneystreets.net/photos/beaconsfield-fence-walker-uo.jpg

Mosbonian
02-26-2005, 11:43 AM

So....if you don't connect with any tradition, you should never follow it. leaves a lot of things open...

What about nudists? Does that mean that if she was a nudist, she should be allowed to have her picture taken nude?

BTW, it's a tradition to wear clothes in public....

mmaddog

Saulbadguy
02-26-2005, 11:52 AM
http://www.walksydneystreets.net/photos/beaconsfield-fence-walker-uo.jpg
I'm ashamed I can't take a solid stance on such a pointless issue.

FWIW, I don't think its because she is a lesbian. I think its because the school had a set policy on what students can wear (for whatever reason) in their senior pictures. I imagine if a man wanted to wear a dress, they would have taken the same action.

I do think its funny that the parents circumvented it by paying money (albeit alot for something so silly) to get her picture in the yearbook.

WilliamTheIrish
02-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Jesus, just crop the photo down to her face. Problem solved.

Chiefnj
02-26-2005, 12:01 PM
The principal had to make the ruling or else there would have been half a dozen wise ass high school guys wanting to have their picture taken in a gown as a joke. Give the girl a shawl or something or crop the photo like someone mentioned.

Baby Lee
02-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Three words could've solved this,

Flannel Evening Gown!!!

Cochise
02-26-2005, 05:25 PM
For every moron banning a lezbo from wearing a tux, there is a lawsuit against the pledge of allegiance, a ten commandments monement being covered up, etc.

Rausch
02-26-2005, 05:56 PM

There's plenty of $3it in this life you're going to have to do that you don't like or don't agree with.

Welcome to being an adult.

Taco John
02-27-2005, 01:45 AM
So....if you don't connect with any tradition, you should never follow it. leaves a lot of things open...

What about nudists? Does that mean that if she was a nudist, she should be allowed to have her picture taken nude?

BTW, it's a tradition to wear clothes in public....

mmaddog

You're a moron. Seriously.

Nudists? You've got to be kidding me.

Mosbonian
02-27-2005, 09:53 AM
You're a moron. Seriously.

Nudists? You've got to be kidding me.

Gotta love it.....

You're the guy in here who whines most about name-calling and it's always the thing you resort to first. Sorry...the second thing.

Is there ever a time when you can just respectfuly disagree with someone and not resort to name calling or dragging out some old tired "I'm picked on" argument?

Geez....I was being sarcastic.

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2005, 09:57 AM

How about a turtle neck with a blazer. That should do it.Funny. Somebody shows her nipple during the Super Bowl, it's a national ****ing emergency. Some lesbo says she doesn't want to show her boobs and picks the option that allows her to keep them covered, and she's an attention whore.

Mosbonian
02-27-2005, 10:10 AM
Funny. Somebody shows her nipple during the Super Bowl, it's a national ****ing emergency. Some lesbo says she doesn't want to show her boobs and picks the option that allows her to keep them covered, and she's an attention whore.

But was she given an option? Sounds like she was told to wear a "school-supplied" gown. So, my question is, where was the school when the pics were being taken? If they were so against her wearing the Tux for her pic, why didn't they prevent her from having a picture taken?

As for the young lady....she had options too. If she didn't like the gown she was presented to wear, why not work with the school to present other options? It appears that this is a normal tradition handed down from year to year, so why not try to resolve the issue in advance?

Does everything have to be treated as a cause? Neither side functioned well in this thing....just another case where people have to have "their way or the highway".....

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2005, 10:22 AM
If the school said all the girls had to wear burkas, would she have been in the wrong for wearing something else?

It's a stupid situation, IMHO, but as the rootin' tootin' one said, tradition for tradition's sake even if you diagree with something is dumb.

Mosbonian
02-27-2005, 10:36 AM
It's a stupid situation, IMHO, but as the rootin' tootin' one said, tradition for tradition's sake even if you diagree with something is dumb.

I guess that is where I differ....I see nothing wrong with traditions. And if a person wants to differ from tradition, there is always a way to compromise without having to have your way or no way else.

I am sure there is a lot more to this story than we are seeing.

mmaddog

Rausch
02-27-2005, 11:13 AM
If the school said all the girls had to wear burkas, would she have been in the wrong for wearing something else?

Bucking a tradition just because "I don't feel like it" is dumb.

Navy blue pants and white shirts "weren't me" in high school, but those were the rules. I hated them, but I STFU and did what I had to.

Boozer
02-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Bucking a tradition just because "I don't feel like it" is dumb.

Navy blue pants and white shirts "weren't me" in high school, but those were the rules. I hated them, but I STFU and did what I had to.

Conformist.

Mosbonian
02-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Conformist.

I guess I am one too....damn, and when I was young I used to be cool.

See what growing old does to you...

mmaddog

Ultra Peanut
02-27-2005, 11:35 AM
I hear growing old makes your urine smell like pineapples.

Any truth to that?

Please say yes!

Mosbonian
02-27-2005, 12:04 PM

Any truth to that?

Please say yes!

Yes....if you live in Hawaii...

mmaddog

penchief
02-27-2005, 05:38 PM
For every moron banning a lezbo from wearing a tux, there is a lawsuit against the pledge of allegiance, a ten commandments monement being covered up, etc.

IMO, one is real and the other is symbolic.

I believe that we pledge allegiance to the real, but not the symbolic.

IMO, we pledge allegiance to the "right to be a female and wear a tux."

IMO, we pledge allegiance to be "free to practice the religion of our choice" without the intimidation or fear that the majority may someday persecute us for our faith.

Cochise, I admire your respect for our country. It is obvious that you love America. Me, too. But, sometimes (IMO), it is appropriate to make the most noise about that which is real rather than shed crocodile tears for the symbolic.

Baby Lee
02-27-2005, 05:47 PM
IMO, we pledge allegiance to the "right to be a female and wear a tux."
Who said she couldn't wear a tux? The issue is that, if she were wearing a tux during the millisecond that the camera's shutter was opened, the school would not use the photo.

penchief
02-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Who said she couldn't wear a tux? The issue is that, if she were wearing a tux during the millisecond that the camera's shutter was opened, the school would not use the photo.

How many dudes in high school wore tuxes every day? Why should she be any different? Because she's a girl? The fact that she is a "professed lesbian" only exposes the hypocricy of those who pay lip service to the virtue of respecting others.

Baby Lee
02-27-2005, 07:22 PM
How many dudes in high school wore tuxes every day? Why should she be any different? Because she's a girl? The fact that she is a "professed lesbian" only exposes the hypocricy of those who pay lip service to the virtue of respecting others.
This posts epitomizes what is so maddening about trying to decipher your posts. A rash of irrelevancies, punctuated by a glittering subjecitve generality.
What point are you trying to make?
This isn't about wearing tuxes all the time. It's not about wearing tuxes away from school. It's about girls wearing a drape, and boys wearing a tux, for the instant the photo is taken for the yearbook.
Overall, this is a very petty issue. But I'm sure the tradition of the look of the yearbook is important to many people in the community. And on balance, taking the stance that "I want the right to be different from everyone in my class, and everyone who has ever taken part in this tradition, AND still be included in the yearbook for all posterity to gaze upon and deal with" is decidedly less respectful of others than asking this person to take ONE SECOND and join the group. If she didn't want to wear the drape, decline to participate in the picture taking process. Don't insist on joining in AND setting yourself apart from everyone else.

Join or don't.

This is like insisting on being on the cheerleading squad, but demanding the right to wear the opposing team's colors and root for the opposing team. Well, rooting for the opposition might be a reasonable, if contrarian, stance to take as an individual. But that's not what cheerleading is about.

mikey23545
02-27-2005, 07:27 PM
This is so ridiculous.

Anyone who can't go along with tradition for something as traditional (and as transitory and momentary) as a class photo is just childishly seeking attention. She was not going to be scarred one bit by such trivial thing. She was just acting like a ****. She is in for one rude awakening when she starts trying to get a job, or get into certain restaurants, or runs into anyplace with a dress code. If you can't roll with a pattycake punch like this, you are in for some serious heartache.

Poor Dyke diva.

End of story.

Boozer
02-27-2005, 07:36 PM
But I'm sure the tradition of the look of the yearbook is important to many people in the community.

I highly doubt that. In fact, I'm pretty sure that "most people in the community," when you include those who aren't alumni of the local high school or parents with children attending the same, couldn't even name the local high school's yearbook, let alone tell you what is the traditional dress for seniors therein.

FRT, my yearbook was the Heritage.

Baby Lee
02-27-2005, 07:48 PM
Fine, many alumni and parents. She's still being less considerate on balance.

BIG_DADDY
02-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe she should have worn a clown suit.

Saulbadguy
02-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Heh. Best reply yet.

Mosbonian
02-27-2005, 08:16 PM

IN the tux she looked like a clown.....

mmaddog

Cochise
02-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Heh. Best reply yet.

The only one worth reading anyway!

WilliamTheIrish
02-28-2005, 10:28 AM
FRT, my yearbook was the Heritage.

I think mine was Stoned Again.

But I'm not sure.

Rain Man
02-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Does anyone else think it's sexy when a woman wears suspenders?

penchief
03-02-2005, 12:35 PM
This posts epitomizes what is so maddening about trying to decipher your posts. A rash of irrelevancies, punctuated by a glittering subjecitve generality.
This isn't about wearing tuxes all the time. It's not about wearing tuxes away from school. It's about girls wearing a drape, and boys wearing a tux, for the instant the photo is taken for the yearbook.
Overall, this is a very petty issue. But I'm sure the tradition of the look of the yearbook is important to many people in the community. And on balance, taking the stance that "I want the right to be different from everyone in my class, and everyone who has ever taken part in this tradition, AND still be included in the yearbook for all posterity to gaze upon and deal with" is decidedly less respectful of others than asking this person to take ONE SECOND and join the group. If she didn't want to wear the drape, decline to participate in the picture taking process. Don't insist on joining in AND setting yourself apart from everyone else.

Join or don't.

This is like insisting on being on the cheerleading squad, but demanding the right to wear the opposing team's colors and root for the opposing team. Well, rooting for the opposition might be a reasonable, if contrarian, stance to take as an individual. But that's not what cheerleading is about.

Look, I'm not a big fan of people who stir the pot for their own satisfaction or self-glorification. Even so, how does wearing a tux for the yearbook picture violate a sacred dress code when some girls wear pants and shirts to school everyday? My comments about boys wearing tuxes to school everyday was based on this. In other words, this young lady can dress in clothing that is considered traditionally male clothing every single day of the schoolyear except for the yearbook picture.

If the sex of the individual is the sole purpose for banning the photo then there is a disconnect between yearbook policy and daily tradition, IMO.

I also don't see how participating in the school yearbook and joining the cheerleading squad just to cheer for the opposition are even remotely similar.

Baby Lee
03-02-2005, 12:41 PM
I also don't see how participating in the school yearbook and joining the cheerleading squad just to cheer for the opposition are remotely similar.
I compared participating in the school yearbook solely to place a contrarian image in every schoolmate's permanent keepsake to joining the cheerleading squad to cheer for the opposition.
Bottom line, she wants to join in with everyone else, but insists on doing so in a manner that differentiates her from everyone else.
My position, if she doesn't want to wear the drape, don't pose for the picture.

Baby Lee
03-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Even so, how does wearing a tux for the yearbook picture violate a sacred dress code when some girls wear pants and shirts to school everyday?
Because the school yearbook picture is a permanent remembrance of your schoolmates. How individuals dress from day to day will reside in your memory. How individuals dress for the picture resides in tangible form to be revisited years and decades later. It is infinitely more reasonable to impose some structure on that small moment with such lasting implications, as opposed to a daily routine that will fade with time.

Taco John
03-02-2005, 12:50 PM

Join or don't.

For a guy who professes to be "moderate" you sure don't stray from the hard right very often (er, ever).

penchief
03-02-2005, 12:54 PM
I compared participating in the school yearbook solely to place a contrarian image in every schoolmate's permanent keepsake to joining the cheerleading squad to cheer for the opposition.
Bottom line, she wants to join in with everyone else, but insists on doing so in a manner that differentiates her from everyone else.
My position, if she doesn't want to wear the drape, don't pose for the picture.

Who wouldn't want to partake in the experience? Her friends and classmates would probably want her join in, as well.

By the way, I agree with you that she had the choice to not have the picture taken. But, on the other hand, she was at first allowed to wear the tux and sit for the picture. The photo was intended to go into the yearbook. That fact is a piece of evidence that suggests that initially there was little resistance to the picture by those who were directly involved and who would be directly affected; her fellow students.

To her classmates, the contrarian image might have been the one that projected an image that was contrary to the person they knew and liked. It sounds to me like the adults had the last word.

Baby Lee
03-02-2005, 12:54 PM
For a guy who professes to be "moderate" you sure don't stray from the hard right very often (er, ever).
What, AT ALL, is 'hard right' about what I typed? I'd really like to know.
And when did I ever profess to be a moderate? I'd hate to be called a moderate. I'm conservative on some things, liberal on others. Conservative on some things at the national level while liberal about the same things on the state or local level.
The only thing I've ever called myself is a pragmatic progressive.

Baby Lee
03-02-2005, 12:56 PM
Who wouldn't want to partake in the experience? Her friends and classmates would probably want her join in, as well.

By the way, I agree with you that she had the choice to not have the picture taken. But, on the other hand, she was at first allowed to wear the tux and sit for the picture. The photo was intended to go into the yearbook. That fact is a piece of evidence that suggests that initially there was little resistance to the picture by those who were directly involved and who would be directly affected; her fellow students.

To her classmates, the contrarian image might been the one that projected an image that was contrary to the person they knew and liked. It sounds to me like the adults had the last word.
Did I miss something? Were the kids running the photo shoot?
My recollection was our senior pictures were taken at a local professional studio, on our own time, and forwarded to the school by the studio.

penchief
03-02-2005, 01:22 PM
Did I miss something? Were the kids running the photo shoot?
My recollection was our senior pictures were taken at a local professional studio, on our own time, and forwarded to the school by the studio.

See, this is a perfect example of how different experiences can lead to different perceptions. I came from small school districts in which the photographers always came to the school and the students were allowed to change before they got in line and waited. All the while, students and faculty interacted.

IMO, it easy to see why both of us argue the points we do.

If your scenario is correct (which it may be considering the availability of a tux that actually fit her), then your theory that she is a renegade has more traction.

From my experience, the schools I attended were small enough that everybody knew everybody else and their parents. Accepting the individual idiocyncrasies of fellow students was similar to that which is evident in family and community. In this scenario, my assumption that her fellow students must have accepted and supported who she was makes sense, too.

I know that when I look at my yearbook I think about how crazy that person was, how cool somebody else was, or how hot she was . I believe when it comes to remembrance, remembering the true nature of those who touched us because of who they were is more meaningful than some artifically imposed dress-code that defies modern daily tradition. I don't think kids ever change in that way.

While she may have taken this step entirely without the knowledge of anyone else (which does suggest a certain level of disrespect, if true), I still believe that it probably didn't offend her classmates nearly as much as it did the adults, who ultimately made the decision to ban the photo.

Not to mention, it was the student yearbook committee that was responsible for the content of the yearbook. In the schools I attended, that always consisted of students and faculty advisors.

KCWolfman
03-02-2005, 06:27 PM
The girl wasn't banned from the yearbook as TJ and the title misleads, was she?

She appears later in the book with the costume.

She was told the code prior to the pictures.

The headline should be "School moronically fires yearbook editor and stupid lesbo can't read dress code rules"

Baby Lee
03-03-2005, 06:55 AM
What, AT ALL, is 'hard right' about what I typed? I'd really like to know.
. . .
That's what I figured.

Garcia Bronco
03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
"The drape does not," Davis said. "They're not accepting me, that's the whole reason we're here.""

What a dumbass.....you're in school to learn...not be accepted

Iowanian
03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
I don't see the problem.

I only wore the top half of a tuxedo, with boxers and flip flops to my Jr Prom........ and some officials threw a fit saying I "ruined the prom"....Fug them.......it was MINE.

The next year, they weren't much happier when a friend and I arrived in handcuffs in a police car.

I think there are things to fight about with students.......and things to ignore. They should allow this, and make the queer Boys wear the dress.

Mosbonian
03-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I only wore the top half of a tuxedo, with boxers and flip flops to my Jr Prom........

But....in Iowa I thought that WAS dressing up for the Prom?

:) :p

sorry....couldn't resist

mmaddog

Inspector
03-08-2005, 11:56 PM

Any truth to that?

Please say yes!

More like a cross between turnips and WD-40.