PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Mason and Sameri Rolle

Deberg_1990
02-26-2005, 07:49 PM
So why hasnt Carl even contacted these guys yet?? I dont get it???? Both are in positions of need and both guys can still play in top form.

|Zach|
02-26-2005, 07:52 PM
How do you know he hasn't?

|Zach|
02-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Why do so many people think that things that happen in the front office are made known to the public at every step.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Why do so many people think that things that happen in the front office are made known to the public at every step.

Believe me, im sure someone would have reported it by now if it had happened.

Bwana
02-26-2005, 07:54 PM

Beer

|Zach|
02-26-2005, 07:56 PM
I don't believe that for a second. All kinds of contacts are made without a reporter running around and writing about it. All it takes is a phone call.

I find this idea to be very niave (sp?) on your part.

Sure-Oz
02-26-2005, 07:58 PM
I am anxtious for fa'cy to get here and the draft.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2005, 08:07 PM
I don't believe that for a second. All kinds of contacts are made without a reporter running around and writing about it. All it takes is a phone call.

I find this idea to be very niave (sp?) on your part.

Well. lets hope he has at least made telephone contact.

suds79
02-26-2005, 08:18 PM
So why hasnt Carl even contacted these guys yet?? I dont get it???? Both are in positions of need and both guys can still play in top form.

Isn't March 2nd the 1st date that anything can happen? ... as far as signing guys.

Deberg_1990
02-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Isn't March 2nd the 1st date that anything can happen? ... as far as signing guys.

Musin Muhahmed signed with the Bears already. He got cut a day or two after Mason and Rolle did.

tk13
02-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Since when has Carl Peterson ever shown his hand regarding acquiring players through FA or the draft? He never does that.... I don't know why people want to know either. Last year everybody KNEW we were going to get Grant Wistrom and because of it Seattle threw a ridiculous offer at him so he never even stepped foot in KC. Then everybody turns around and complains because we didn't do nothing.... well duh. Yet people still want Carl to lay out all of his intentions for the world to know. I'd love to play cards with some of you guys...

tk: Well what do you have DeBerg?

Deberg: Two pair.

tk: Alright, I call.

Deberg: I got two pair.

tk: I've got three jacks, I win.

Deberg: Dammit! I never win!

Deberg_1990
02-26-2005, 08:33 PM
Since when has Carl Peterson ever shown his hand regarding acquiring players through FA or the draft? He never does that.... I don't know why people want to know either. Last year everybody KNEW we were going to get Grant Wistrom and because of it Seattle threw a ridiculous offer at him so he never even stepped foot in KC. Then everybody turns around and complains because we didn't do nothing.... well duh. Yet people still want Carl to lay out all of his intentions for the world to know. I'd love to play cards with some of you guys...

Why do you guys still defend Carl so much??? Ill admit, i used to be one of his biggest supporters but not now. We are currently going into year 16 of the 5 year plan. I for one am sick of the same old same old crap from Carl. I hope this is his last year regardless of what happens.

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2005, 08:34 PM
I think it may actually be that we rarely know what is really happening behind closed doors. Most of what we hear is just rumor no matter where it came from.

I'm not sold on Derrick Mason anyway. As a fantasy player he was a total bust last year which meant he never got into the endzone. I wouldn't be surpised if Kennison scored more than he did.

And doesn't Samari Rolle have charactor issues now?

Dr. Johnny Fever
02-26-2005, 08:37 PM
Why do you guys still defend Carl so much??? Ill admit, i used to be one of his biggest supporters but not now. We are currently going into year 16 of the 5 year plan. I for one am sick of the same old same old crap from Carl. I hope this is his last year regardless of what happens.
No one is defending Carl..... but the stupidest thing of all for him to do would be to alert the public about his FA intentions.

tk13
02-26-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm not defending Carl. It has nothing to do with Carl. It is common sense. If I'm trying to compete with 31 other people for something, it's probably not the smartest move to lay out everything I intend to do beforehand...

|Zach|
02-26-2005, 09:08 PM
Having the above opinion is understandable but using this reason to voice it is just dumb.

Rausch
02-26-2005, 09:16 PM
And doesn't Samari Rolle have charactor issues now?

Nah, she was asking for it...

Nightfyre
02-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Nah, she was asking for it...
I'm not sayin I'd have killed her. I'm just sayin I understand.

(rep for the first person to id that quote.)

redsurfer11
02-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Any opinions on these players lies totally in Gunthers hand. He spent a few years on the practice field with both of these players. I'm sure that if Gunther has an interest in them, Carl would pull the switch.

whoman69
02-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Anyone who was released by another team can be signed by any other team. I am not sure when the other FAs can be signed.

Dave Lane
02-27-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm not sayin I'd have killed her. I'm just sayin I understand.

(rep for the first person to id that quote.)

Chris Rock about OJ

Now I'm not saying he should have killed her, but I understand.

Dave

Valiant
02-27-2005, 02:27 AM

Im thinking because you hear/read about it all the time from other teams...

|Zach|
02-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Im thinking because you hear/read about it all the time from other teams...
You believe that all that happens decision wise and contact wise in front offices around the league is in the open. ROFL

|Zach|
02-27-2005, 03:18 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110875

Deberg, how on god's green earth did CP meet in person with Law's agent. We never heard any stories that they had any contact with eachother and now they have met!

Amazing.

elvomito
02-27-2005, 03:41 AM

Deberg, i understand what you meant by that.

Is it right to say that lower ranked office workers(or anyone) regularly gossip to non-chiefs employees about this kinda stuff?

CBob
02-27-2005, 04:56 AM
You can't argue with Masons production, he's a heck of a receiver but he has just turned 31 and he is going to want a pretty big contract. This means he'll still be earning big bucks when he is 34, 35 and he may not be worth it then. If you're going to throw big money at free agent players, go for the younger guys with their best years in front, not their best years behind.

As for Rolle, he's a solid football player, but if I were the Chiefs, I would look at Andre Dyson, the guy across from him before I target Rolle. The last two years, Rolle has missed 7 games, Dyson has missed none, in fact, he has only missed 2 games in his 4 years in the league. He is younger, has more upside and the Titans are unlikely to resign him because of their cap situation.

Target a young corner, either Smoot, Dyson, Baxter or Henry IMO.

CBob
02-27-2005, 05:54 AM
And just to add, the quote below is what Muhammad received from the Bears, that sets the market for Mason.....very costly:

-- More Muhammad Contract Details --
Sat Feb 26, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

AP reports the Chicago Bears will give WR Muhsin Muhammad a $12 million signing bonus with his six-year contract, which is guaranteed money. "I don't think there is one person that's a Superman in this sport that can totally revolutionize or change a team," he said. ""But I have a lot of experience at what I do and I'm going to bring that experience to Chicago. I'm going to bring my leadership skills and hopefully I influence enough people to make the team better." ESPN's Len Pasquarelli adds the six-year contract can be worth as much as $30 million. It includes $12 million in total guarantees, and the first three seasons are worth $16 million.

KC Jones
02-27-2005, 07:49 AM
Is it right to say that lower ranked office workers(or anyone) regularly gossip to non-chiefs employees about this kinda stuff?

I'm sure some do from time to time, and you can bet your ass Carl has anyone suspected of blabbing fired.

teedubya
02-27-2005, 08:25 AM

can I get in on this game?

Chief Roundup
02-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Damn you mean Carl didn't call you and let you know what he is doing? Must suck to be you.

Chief Roundup
02-27-2005, 08:57 AM
Suds any player that is cut or released before the beginning of FA (March 2) can be signed right then. All other players are still under contract until March 2. Then once March 2 arrives they become UFA and can be signed by whoever shows them the money.

Eleazar
02-27-2005, 10:39 AM

:spock: :spock: :spock: :spock:

whoman69
02-27-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't think anyone is really defending Carl so much as hoping that he can get back to the point where we won 100 games in the 90s. Like it or not, he is the guy that's in there right now and he's not going to be fired within the next week.
He's obviously been lacking in the last half dozen years or more in the draft, but he is aware of the scope of the problem. He's not going to announce everything that he's doing right now. The only thing that would do is to cause more bitching from guys like us.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-27-2005, 12:06 PM
rumor has Rolle go to the skins & Mason going to the jags

edit: Rolle rumor Sirus Radio, Mason rumor John Clayton

BigChiefFan
02-27-2005, 12:11 PM
rumor has Rolle go to the skins & Mason going to the jags

edit: Rolle rumor Sirus Radio, Mason rumor John Clayton
I had not heard that about Rolle, but I heard it about Mason and the Jags. It's not even March 2nd and it sounds like players are already signing with other teams. I sure hope Carl lands us some quality FAs this off-season.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I had not heard that about Rolle, but I heard it about Mason and the Jags. It's not even March 2nd and it sounds like players are already signing with other teams. I sure hope Carl lands us some quality FAs this off-season.

these are not suppose to be done deals..just in the works. They could fall apart I reckon

BigChiefFan
02-27-2005, 12:16 PM
these are not suppose to be done deals..just in the works. They could fall apart I reckonI know that, but I was referring to players like Muhammed, who have ALREADY signed with other teams before FA. I was just referring to these other players(Mason and Rolle) deals, like we better move fast if want some of these guys.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-27-2005, 12:18 PM
I know that, but I was referring to players like Muhammed, who have ALREADY signed with other teams before FA. I was just referring to these other players(Mason and Rolle) deals, like we better move fast if want some of these guys.

damn the deals do seem to be moving fast, the combine was scheduled at a bad time. Or that is what it's all about to begin with